chapter 3
152 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was given an empty room at the second floor of the guild and placed the small things I brought from the orphanage, I went to the window and the old couple must’ve given me the best room as I can see the full view of the town, port and the faraway mountains.

I can’t believe I really left the orphanage, I felt like I wouldn’t be able to come back to somewhere noisy and full of people. But this view is also something I can get used to.

The old couple told me that their room was just at the last corner at the top floor. So I should tell them that I like my new room.

Arriving at the last room of the top floor, I knocked two times at the already unlocked door and as expected a soft voice of a woman was heard and said while I came in “come in Greer, do you like your new room?”

Greer: “I love it mama! I can see the full view of the town, the room is cozy and the bed was warm. I really like it, thank you”

“Glad you like it, we should go down later to eat dinner, I bet you’re hungry with all the traveling”

Greer: “what about papa? Where is he? Is he not gonna join us?”

“oh! AHAHAh he can take care of himself and besides, he went immediately to his office to start working.”

With that, I helped mama unpack all the luggage’s and by the time we were finished it was already dark outside.

Going down the wooden stairs as we got closer and closer to the reception hall, it became more and more lively and what greeted me was a very mesmerizing sight.

I knew the place was big when I entered, but when nighttime arrived the place changed just like magic.

I probably didn’t see this because it was the afternoon and everyone was out, but now that it’s night the beauty of the place is fully shown. They were tiny firefly like creatures flying around the places but slightly bigger, the drinks were colorful and the place looked out of this world. The trees inside the guild had lamps hanging on them, giving a warm yellow glow and the place was filled with many races other than humans. I can see cat people and waiters who have long, pointy ears....elves? there were also Mages wearing colorful hats while eating meat and cold booze at the side. It was a spectacular sight to see that I couldn’t fully describe.

It just made me see, that I really wasn’t in my old world anymore.

Already downstairs, mama looked up to me that was left behind and called for me to come down.

She pulled me and dragged me at the center, woah, woah where are we going?

Mama grabbed an empty glass from a random table and started clinging it with a spoon.

What the hell are you doing?

Grabbing everyone’s attention, she started introducing me.

“everyone, meet my daughter Greer! She’ll be with us from now on, so whenever you have some free time, you better teach her some stuff you’re good at and impress her!”

As if moths attracted to the fire, adventurers swarmed me and welcomed me “so yer the boss’s daughter huh? Nice to meet ya!*hiccup*” said by a person that was already drunk

“I can show ya around if you want!” said another person with ears.

Just like that, I was pulled to a table and they asked me a lot of things like where I came from. Also some stuff like there were many other people at the guild that considered mama and papa their saviors and looked up to them while they were still traveling. Some of them also said that they were quite famous back in the day, but I immediately forgot about that, as they stuffed my plate with a lot of food.

I finally escaped after they teased an adventurer couple at the same table and asked them questions like when they would settle down.

I made my way into the kitchen and they let me enter, as they already knew that my parents own the guild.

I grabbed a plate and filled it with the right amount of food and a beverage. While I was preparing the food, the cooks had warm looks while looking at me…

The office was located at the center of the guild and the halls were pretty quiet and a little dim with only wall lamps illuminating the hallway.

I knocked on the door and made my way in, papa was buried under a lot of books and papers and he looked really stressed.

“papa I brought you dinner”

Looking up from the mountain of papers he finally acknowledged my presence “ah! my daughter Greer, I’m sorry if I did not hear you come in, I’m taking care of the papers we left behind, just leave the dinner in any open spaces you can find and I will eat it later.”

Seeing a chair with lesser papers than some other places in the room, I carefully placed them on the floor and stood for a few minutes at the side while I heard the scribbling noises of the pen.

Knowing that he wouldn’t be finishing anytime soon, I asked without expecting an answer, "Papa, can I look through the papers?"

The scribbling stopped and he looked at me straight in the eye and after like 5 seconds he finally talked inside the quiet room

”you can, just be careful, okay?”

“sure papa, I’ll be careful”

Starting from the scattered papers on the ground, I looked through them and a smirk escaped my mouth.

Though it’s different from what I was working in the company, I have good idea about these things, but if I’m wrong then It’s okay, since I’m willing to grow and learn new things. I’ll start with arranging them in order.

I didn’t even notice that an hour and a half passed, I finally finished picking up all the papers and books in the floor and started arranging a little bit in the corner.

The old man decided to do the rest of the work the next day and call it a night, he went to pick up the now cold food in the chair and went over to Greer.

“Greer, it’s already late we should call it a day”

Snapping back to reality, Greer realized that she really was here for too long and said goodnight to the old man.

Seeing the sweet child leave the office, he wasn’t expecting anything from her arranging the papers in the room and went over to the now neat looking papers on the table and with just a glimpse, his eye started to widen and checked every stack of paper.

That night the old man was so amazed that he told his wife how brilliant Greer was, and continued on even though the sun was already up.

 

10