18 – Identification Card & Registering with the Guild
510 10 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hey, just a short update note.

After I got a comment about the reward of the request, I realized I forgot about what to do with the original reward of the Crystal Flower request.

I updated the last few paragraphs of the previous chapter and gave Benji the original reward of the request, which equals 1 Gold Coin.

I enter the City office and head to a free counter. Coincidentally, it is the same guy as last time. He recognized me and says, “Oh, it’s you again.” But he immediately changes back to his professional demeanor and asks, “How can I help you?”

His face becomes blank from shock when I tell him it is again about issuing an Identification Card and show him the letter from the Lord. It takes a moment for him to recover, but he leads me to a reception room and asks me to wait for a moment.

I take a seat and wait until a lady enters the room, holding the letter I brought with me and introduces herself. “Nice to meet you. My name is Izabella Read. I am the head of the City Office. If I understand correctly, you don’t have an Identification Card, because you lost your memories. So, may I ask, what connection you have to Count Gilicia?”

Izabella Read is in her mid-thirties, and since she has a last name, that means she is also from a noble family. I am thinking about how much to say, but since the request for the Crystal Flower was no secret, I guess his second son’s illness is no secret. And even if I don’t tell her the details, she might get the information later anyway, since she is a noble, too. So there is no need to hide anything.

“I just helped him out with his son’s illness and asked for this as a reward. Other than that, there is no connection between me and Count Gilicia.”

“So, that means you brought him the Crystal Flower?” She confirms. As I thought she knows about it, So I just acknowledge it and she looks at the letter again with an understanding expression.

Now that this is out of the way, she is going to create my Identification Card. She says, because I came with a letter from Count Gilicia, there is no way she can give this task to a subordinate, so she is doing it herself.

First she creates a new citizen record, which will be function as a replacement for my birth record. Because of this, it will show Gilicia as my place of birth. Then she takes out a magic tool to link my citizen record to my status. With that, she makes sure that there will be no wrong information in my citizen record. At that point, I get a bit worried about getting exposed as a vampire, but it turned out fine. The magic tool just read my concealed information.

What I didn’t know at this point is that the reason for not getting exposed was that this is just a cheap version of this magic tool. Usually, this process is only done for newborns and who would conceal a newborn’s race, since it’s obvious by just looking. There is no way newborn has concealment, anyway. So there is no need to use an expensive magic tool, since they are also difficult to produce.

After she finished the citizen record, she takes out an empty Identification Card and uses the same magic tool to link it with the citizen record. The Identification Card is a magic tool itself and usually it would cost 1 Big Bronze Coin to have it issued. But on this occasion, I don’t have to pay, since Count Gilicia already covered the costs.

Also, the Identification Card only works for me, since they link it with my Status. The card has entries for my name, race and age. This part is the same as my Status, but besides that there are also entries for my place of birth, which is shown as Gilicia, and also job, titles and bounties. These three last entries are currently all blank.

With that, I can also understand why it the guards or the Guild want to see the Identification Card. If bounties listed there, it is easy to understand if someone is a wanted person. There may be even more hidden information stored on the Identification Card, but that is only speculation.

When she finishes her explanation, I leave the City Office after thanking her. Since there is still time until dinner, I decide to head to the Adventurer Guild to take care of my registration. I head to Aya’s counter and she immediately asks me, “Oh? Hey Benji, I heard everything went well?”

“Hi Aya. Yes, I finally got an Identification Card, so I came to register with the Guild.” After that, everything was straightforward. She puts my Identification Card on a reading device and explains the exam to me. But well, there is not much to it. Basically, I have to clear a H-Rank Request which are mostly subjugation requests for Goblins or Horned Rabbits, or gathering requests for medicinal herbs.

By the different categories for requests are first, subjugation requests, where you just have to kill specific monsters. Second, gathering requests, which can include either herbs or monster materials, but monster materials are higher rank requests. Third, delivery requests they appear from G-Rank or higher. Fourth, escort requests, they appear from F-Rank or higher. And last, investigation requests, where you have to gather information, but they are quite rare.

Also, there are continuous requests where you don’t have to accept the quest first. These are requests that can be cleared again and again. But they are limited to subjugation or gathering requests.

“Uh, Aya? In that case, can’t I just submit the monster cores I have at hand to clear the exam?” I still have all the materials from the Cursed Forest. There are not only quite a few Goblin cores but also Horned Rabbits, Wolves and also medicinal herbs.

“Yeah, that would be fine.” Nice. I put the stuff on the counter and in the end I cleared the Goblin quest 3 times, the Horned Rabbit Quest one time, and the Wolf quest one time. For each, I had to kill ten monsters. A single Wolf would be H-Rank, too, but since they move mostly in packs, the Wolf quest was G-Rank.

As a side note, I don’t sell the Terror Bear materials, since I don’t want to explain how I defeated it.

Out of curiosity, I also ask Aya how long it usually takes for a new Adventurer to hit G-Rank. “Hm, usually it takes about a month, I think. But you might hit G-Rank even in two weeks. I can’t tell you the specific details about ranking up though.”

“I see. I guess two weeks is fine. Then I’m going to rank up, before I leave for the capital.”

“Huh? You want to leave?”

Ah, I didn’t tell her yet. I explain to her I want to see a lot of different places as an Adventurer and that I already decided for the capital as my next destination, since I want to visit the Royal Library.

“I see. I will definitely miss you when you leave, but I can also understand that you want to travel a lot. There are actually a lot of Adventurers doing so.” I thought so. It is one perk of being an Adventurer.

For now, I could successfully register as an Adventurer. With that, the job on my Identification Card is listed as Adventurer and I got the title ‘H-Rank Adventurer’. I guess that’s another reason I needed an Identification Card to register. The Identification Card also functions as a membership proof.

16