2. I saw a Spirit
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Torturing, sick, suffocating. Oh my God am I dead? This is called death, I'm on  another world. Dad, Mom, Ronan, Alice I don't want to go. I miss you guys, I don't want to die, anyone help me!'

Suddenly a beam of white light dazzled Agnes' eyes. And the booming sound was deafening.

 "Ough," Agnes coughed after the water in her mouth came out.

"Are you crazy huh? What's on your mind? Why did you jump into the swimming pool from up there? What's going on? Tell me Agnes!" Adam, Agnes's father, asked in a loud voice after he managed to do CPR on Agnes. 

"Adam  asked her later. Agnes must be cold. Carry her up and go inside, I'll change her clothes later." Rose, Agnes' mother interrupted.

"Mom, Dad what happened?" Ronan rushed out after seeing Agnes lying in Adam's lap.

"Just a little accident dear. Take your big sister's cell phone. Please get a big towel and take it to Agnes' room. Rose command Ronan.

Ronan noded.

"Sorry Mom." Agnes' voice sounded weak.

"Explain later after you recover." 

"Mom, I'm fine, no need to go to the hospital."

"This is your father's order, we can't deny it. Just do it for your own good. You know your father loves us very much."

"Alright then." 

*** 

In the treatment room. 

"Everything is fine, sir. The patient is in shock. Tomorrow she will be discharged from the hospital if nothing happens tonight. When she gets home, she may have to rest for a few days, so don't allow her to go to school." 

"Okay doctor, thank you." 

"That's my job sir. I'll excuse myself." 

"You heard that Agnes because of your carelessness you can't go to school for a few days. And for the soccer competition, forget it. Your health is more important."

"Dad, that's not fair. It's just a little accident, okay?" Agnes yelled.

"Don't argue with me Agnes. Now get a rest. Don't make us worry." 

"I'm sorry Dad, good night." Agnes lay down in the bed obdiently.

"Goodnight dear." 

After Adam sleeps on the sofa. Agnes still couldn't sleep, 'It's crazy I almost lost my life because of the ridiculous power I wanted to know about. Oh my God, what about my dream soccer competition, dammit!' Agnes grumbled in her mind.

The next morning.

  "Hey what happened?" Alice is Agne's best friend, immediately visited Agnes in the hospital after Ronan told her. 

"Hi Alice, I'm fine. I just slipped off the roof and fell into the pool." 

"Oh my God you're giving me a heart attack. "How can you be so careless?"

  "Alice please stop nagging me, my father has scolded me enough." Agnes narrowed her eyes.

"Sorry Agnes. Okay, now I need to go to school. "I'll come again in the afternoon to see you, okay?" Alice kissed Agnes on the cheek. "Take good care of yourself. I'll go first."

 Alice greeted Rose before exiting the room. 

"Mom, I'm hungry." 

"I made your favorite strawberry pancakes earlier." Rose took out the strawberry pancakes from the lunch box and prepared them for Agnes. 

"Eat slowly. Ronan isn't here to fight with you." Rose took a tissue to help Agnes to wipe the strawberry sauce stuck to the corner of her lips. 

"Mom, I'm not a kid anymore, let me wipe by myself." Agnes snatched the tissue from Rose's hand.

"Anyway for me, in my eyes you and Ronan are still babies." Rose smiled while stroking Agnes' hair.

***

One hour before going home. Agnes was bored in the treatment room. Her mother went out to buy something while Ronan hadn't come yet. His father promised to come in thirty minutes to pick her up. Tired of waiting for Alice to arrive, who promised to bring her a new cell phone, she decided to go out around the hospital. She stopped in front of the emergency room. She saw a woman crying in the arms of a man.

The door opened, a doctor came out from inside.

"Doctor, how is my son? I beg you to save him." The woman held the doctor 's.

The doctor took a deep breath. "Madam, we've tried our best. But only fate will decide. Sorry, your child did not survive." 

"No way, my son couldn't have left us so quickly. This morning he was still fine." The woman was crying and screaming. 

"Be strong darling. I'm also very sad to lose Jeremy." The man hugged the woman, calming her down. 

"No, you don't know what it's like. I gave birth to him. I--" 

The woman fainted. 

"Honey, wake up. Doctor, my wife fainted. Somebody help!"

Agnes saw a boy come out through the emergency room door. 

"Again, why do I have to see this damn thing?" She blinked a few times to make sure what she saw was real.

 

           Tbc.

0