Facing the Council
82 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

Here is the next chapter of Not Yet. Hope you share your feedback with me.

You can read next 10 chapters up to Chapter 28 now on my Patron page.

Just search for 'BlackInfinity1289' on the Patron website to get started.

"Talking"

'Thinking'

"Dragons/Demon” Dragons or Demons Speaking.

‘Dragon/Demon thought’ Dragons thinking.

"Jutsu/ Magic” is being used.

Not Yet

Chapter 18

Facing the Council

As Ultear responded for Siegrain's call, she sat in the opposite chair of him. Siegrain started to explain his plan to the young woman.

Ultear got excited by the plan and agreed to act accordingly. Siegrain was more than happy that she agreed. They waited for the arrival of the blonde mage.

Outside Era

Naruto came along with Captain Cloe and after 3 days of walking, they reached Era at last. He didn't get the full scope of the town, but seeing it up close, Naruto can appreciate the beauty of the town.

It is a large town, built around a high, rocky mountain. The mountain nested the headquarters of the highest authority in the world of Magic of Ishgar, the Magic Council, where Naruto sent a clone to know about the 10 Wizard Saints.

The rocky mountain is located in the heart of the city, and it features a jagged pathway that encircles the circumference of the mountain as an entrance into the Council headquarters. The town is surrounded by forestry and snow-peaked mountains. All together, it makes wonderful scenery.

Naruto walked towards the mountain in the middle of the town to go to Magic Council HQ and sort this through, but was stopped by Captain Cloe.

"Wait, Naruto. I know you are in a rush to sort this out, but the Council won't commence for 3 hours. I can offer to show you around, but someone else was given that opportunity. Please be patient and wait for them" said Cloe in an apologetic tone. Naruto could understand the man's position and nodded in acceptance.

But Sirius had other opinions and made them known immediately. "What? Now we have to wait for someone to show us around, no. I'm not waiting. I'll go around myself" grumbled the Jaguar and tried to lift Naruto.

Even though he is angry, it came out cute and a purple-haired young girl didn't give up the opportunity.

"Wow. He is so cute" she said and caught a flying Sirius, momentarily surprising Naruto and others. Others because of her sudden appearance and Naruto because of her speed. He didn't expect her to be so fast.

'Damn. She is not some ordinary mage. Her speed surpasses Natsu's for sure. I didn't know the Council had powerful mages with them other than the 10 Wizard Saints. What's with her magic? It is difficult to get a good grasp on' thought Naruto.

Suddenly he remembered a familiar situation. 'That blue-haired man's magic was also similar. Maybe they were linked somehow' thought the blonde. The girl was beating the daylights out of Sirius with her affection.

"Cute, cute. I didn't see such a cute kitty ever" she said in a high pitched tone that made Naruto's ears scream in agony.

"Leave me, demon. I'll kill you" yelled Sirius, turning purple because of lack of air.

"Wow. He can talk and curse as well" she said and smothered him even tighter. Before Naruto could intervene, Sirius got enough of her and changed into his battle mode.

"How dare you try to kill me" he yelled in a deep voice, an effect of his battle mode.

"Ooh, I didn't want to kill you. I just want to play with you" she said in an innocent tone with tears forming in the corners of her eyes. She gave Naruto a bad vibe.

'I shouldn't underestimate her. She is very talented and who knows what else she hides' thought Naruto.

"My name is Ultear and I'm your guide" she said in a happy tone. Ultear took Naruto and Sirius on a tour across Era.

Naruto felt it to be some kind of indoctrination as everything Ultear spoke about was Council this and Council that. Naruto and Sirius started planning their revenge on the Council, not paying any attention to Ultear.

"So gentlemen, this is the Council building," said Ultear in a grandiose fashion. She walked them across the building and started explaining about it.

"Magic Council Headquarters in Era is a beautiful palace, composed of both pure white stone and light blue bricks, with large, elongated windows with arched tops being placed over our walls, some complete with glass, others hollow" she explained and Naruto didn't listen to her and thought the HQ was like this to be intimidating anyone and none of what she told.

"The front part is dominated-" Naruto stopped listening to her scripted explanations and thought of a good way to get out of this unscathed.

"-and having curved protrusions jutting outwards from it" ended Ultear, not even taking a breath to stop. She looked at Naruto expectantly and Naruto just nodded at her. Her eyes twitched in annoyance, but she controlled herself and moved on.

They stepped inside the palace and Ultear took the stage again.

"As you know, the Magic Council HQ is the place where the world leaders meet and so its whole space was built of azure stone-" Naruto cut her off again.

'Siri, don't you think she is doing it kinda forced' asked Naruto through their connection.

'Yea seems like it. If I found the guys who does this to show us their power, I don't have a doubt that one day they'll be killed in these same chambers by an enemy'

'Don't say that, Siri. That might come true'

'Ya, it'll if they stay like this in the future as well'

'Hehehehehe, I have a plan to flip them upside down'

'Oh, am I a part of it?'

'Nope, not actively' said Naruto with a superior smirk.

'If I didn't sniff it, I'll eat fish,' challenged Sirius.

'I'll keep a fresh fish ready for you then' accepted Naruto.

"-and we have a library where knowledge from centuries was stored" finished Ultear.

"Thanks for your explanation, Miss Ultear. Isn't the Council in session yet?" asked Naruto. From the amount she explained, he thought 3 hours would have passed.

"Yes, but my superior wants to meet you and take you there personally," said Ultear.

"Uh, who is this superior and why should he take me there?" Asked a confused Naruto.

"You see, he was the one assigned to show you around, but since he is busy, he sent me. I apologise for that" she said, emphasising the last part.

Naruto felt her magic flare at that. 'Oh, manipulation(will) with Magic. To force your will on a person to make them do what you want. I'm correct to assume to be careful with her then,' thought Naruto.

"No need to be sorry, Ultear. I'll meet him later. Can you show me the way to the Council Chambers" he asked in a polite tone?

Ultear's will wanted Naruto to not meet her superior and urged him to go to the Council Chambers as soon as possible and by the looks of it, it worked in her favour.

"If you are in such a hurry, I'll pass your message to him. The third room on the second floor beside stairs" she pointed in a satisfied tone and Naruto rushed to the Chambers.

'I thought he would be difficult to deal with, but he is very easy to play around. I should report this to Master Hades. He can be manipulated easily if he bent to My Will' thought Ultear with a smirk and walked happily to Siegrain's office.

"Why did you listen to her?" Asked Sirius as they are walking leisurely towards the Council Chambers after they turned the corner.

"It's a special kind of magic which uses the user's will to influence others. In our case, she used it to send me to the Council room rather than to her 'superior's' office. Which means there is something fishy going on" explained Naruto.

"Then why didn't you send any clone to follow her?"

"From what I saw of her, she can find my clones if I send any or use spying magic. She is strong, Siri. She might not show us that. But I can feel it. Cold as Ice and flowing as 'water'"

"Why doubtful at the end"

"Her magic is not like others. Like that Jellal guy we saw in that Tower, her magic is fluctuating to get a good grasp of it" said Naruto.

"How will we deal with her?"

"Don't worry, Siri. No one will harm you. I promise. They should go through me if they want to get to you" assured Naruto. Sirius smiled happily. His father's love has no bounds and the young jaguar knew that.

"Naruto Uzumaki" called the assistant standing outside the Council door.

"It seems my turn. I'll be back" said Naruto and Sirius nodded. His wings came out and he started to float in the air.

"I'll be enacting our plan," said Sirius with a mischievous smile.

"Don't get caught" were the last words Naruto said as he went in. Sirius nodded and started their plan.

Inside Council Chambers

"That's it for my report on my recent job, Chairman," said Captain Cloe in a respectful tone.

"We thank you for your report, Captain. Call Mr Naruto in" ordered the Chairman and the assistant called the blonde.

Naruto walked into a large chamber with stands, a meter or 2 higher above the ground with a large podium in the middle with a nameplate 'Chairman' on it.

To the sides were other stands with people sitting in few and a few are empty. They were numbered accordingly with the name of the person below the number.

"Greetings, Naruto Uzumaki. The Magic Council of Era branch welcomes you" said the Chairman, Seam in a pleasant tone. Naruto didn't know what to answer. So he just bowed.

In all the training Aldoron gave, he didn't teach Naruto how to be in front of authoritative figures in a group. As the Dragon's considered themselves as the apex race.

All the books his parents gave him didn't help him as both of them didn't care what others thought as long as they did what they believed in. It was a sticky situation alright.

"Shall we move on to the topic then?" Asked the Chairman and with a nod, they started their discussion.

"The Council is in session," said Seam loudly.

"First of all, we would like to appreciate your bravery in taking such a tricky situation head on yourself, Mr Naruto," said the Chairman in appreciation.

"Sir, if I may, Naruto is fine. No need to call me Mr Naruto" said Naruto. Most of them saw it as an act of active disrespect as to say anything in the Council, you need the permission of the Chairman first.

"Ah, yes. That's fine then, Naruto" agreed the Chairman.

"I want to talk about his disregard for the Council's orders to appear before the Council," said a man. Naruto turned to see the man in the 2nd seat.

"Master Org, we just started our discussion and we can't go there as I don't think Mr, I mean, Naruto know about it," said the Chairman.

"Yes sir. I don't know about that until Captain Cloe informed me about that" said Naruto.

"No matter, his destructive tendencies are befitting a fool of that Guild," said Org, his nose flaring in anger. Naruto's magic spiked at that, but he suppressed it.

"On the matter of my Guild, I don't know anything about your summons and my Guild has nothing to do with it," said Naruto in a forceful tone.

"Whatever," said Org in indifference.

"To me, they feel like excuses," said another voice. All of them turned to the voice which came from the 3rd seat.

A figure sat there. He is a short man with oddly flat brown hair, which tapers to a point in three places: on both sides of his face and in the centre of his forehead. He also has tufts of hair on either side of his head that resemble ears and what appears to be a light-yellow tail growing out of his backside; these two attributes give him a strong cat-like appearance. Other distinguishing facial features are his bristle-edged moustache, along with tiny, dark-coloured eyes and eyebrows that resemble musical notes.

This is Michello, the third seat of the Magic Council after Org. Michello's attire was a light-coloured robe that bore stripe-like markings on both sleeves, down his sides, and on his back. Michello also possesses a wooden cane, which he is almost always shown leaning on.

"Ah, Michello. It's good to see you back" said Seam.

"Likewise, Chairman. But it seems things have changed in my absence" said Michello, looking at Naruto.

"It's nothing. He was summoned and came here. That's all" said Seam, trying to skip back to the discussion.

"Why are you trying to hide it, Chairman. Say it" said another voice but this time it is from a man in the 5th seat.

Leiji is a tall middle-aged man, who always wears small, round, dark shaded glasses. He wears a white and blue Magic Council cloak, with the hood up. Leiji has large thin lips and tan skin. He has black hair and huge sideburns that almost hit his lips. On his chin are small chin hairs. Leiji also has small eyebrows that always point down, making him look angry and serious.

"Leiji, we are not here to discuss that and I want to finish this soon," said the Chairman.

"Then I'll explain," said Leiji and explained everything to Michello.

"So you're telling me that he came here now when he was summoned a month back?" Said Michello in conclusion.

"Yes. But he also completed a job which was explained by Captain Cloe" said Leiji. He is very happy to blame Fairy Tail for everything.

"It is that Guild again. Don't they want peace? Always creating some headaches" grumbled Michello.

"We are discussing something, Chairman," interrupted Naruto. He is not here to listen to some fools rambling.

"Yes. I just want to thank you for your efforts, Naruto. Please don't mind Michello. I want to talk to you about some things as well" said Seam and started their discussion. Naruto nodded and Seam continued.

"I am curious, we don't have any records about your magic. Can you explain it" he asked in a respectful tone.

"My magic? Well, it is just Light Magic. I use Light Magic or Holy Magic as you can call it. Like this" said Naruto and formed a spear made of light. He then changed its form and formed various weapons of light and showed them a barrier as well.

"This is the barrier I used in my last job," said Naruto and showed them the chain barrier. But instead chains, it was made of light. As both of them are gold in colour, Captain Cloe couldn't differentiate and testified it.

"Excellent. With magic and control like that, it is not a big deal that you became the youngest S-class mage" appreciated Seam. Naruto bowed to the praise.

"Thank you, for your kind words, Chairman"

"Moving on, we would like to hire you for some jobs. Do you agree?" Asked Seam. The rest of the Council was mesmerised by Naruto's patience and magic. It was simply beautiful for them. And Naruto's patience is not a common trait of people of that Guild.

Even Org and Michello didn't interrupt what was being discussed in the Council. They felt the warmth and power of Naruto's magic and couldn't speak.

"What kind of jobs, if I may ask?" Asked Naruto. Instead of asking bluntly, he used a more respectful way now.

"Of course, The Council can use young talents like you for various purposes. To simplify it, you already know the 2 sides of the coin, so in case of any dangerous jobs we feel risky for normal S-class or SS-class, we give them to a special group of mages we selected to minimise losses. That's where you come in" explained Seam.

Naruto read between lines and understood the intentions of the Council Chairman.

'As you already know about Unofficial jobs, we would like to give some of them to you so that we can easily throw the blame on your Guild instead of the Council bearing the risk'

Naruto thought about it. He knew he shouldn't agree. He knew the risk this would bring to his Guild. But he also had confidence in himself and his family to take anything head on.

From the experience he had on his first unofficial job, they are fun. He liked his first secret job and would like to have them. And if worst comes to worst, he can easily send a clone to do the job while he tends to other matters.

With this thought in mind, Naruto replied to the Chairman in a firm tone.

"Yes. But I would like to have the right to deny it" said Naruto. Seam looked at the other Council members for any objections and their opinions.

"I agree with him. Since he will be taking the risk, we should at least give him the right to deny as well" said a short man.

"What Mr Yajima said is true. I agree with him" said Yuri. Like that, the Council agreed to Naruto's proposal and Seam passed the notion.

"Let me introduce you to some other members of this kind," said Seam.

"Call Siegrain, Goldstein and Mr Chalk," said Seam and the assistant went to bring the individuals in question while the Council waited for their arrival.

A while back, Siegrain's office

"So how did it go?" Asked Siegrain, sitting in his chair. Ultear just walked into the office and sat in the chair in front of the blue-haired man.

"It went well. There is one thing I noticed. He didn't pay much attention to my explanations about the Council building and other offices" she said in annoyance.

"Interesting. I didn't think that the Youngest S-class mage to be inattentive" commented Siegrain.

"Yes. Though I performed well, I got the feeling that he got suspicious of me"

"Did he send something or someone to follow you?"

"No. I didn't feel anything. Even if he did, I used my control on him and he obeyed my orders like a good servant" said Ultear with a superior smirk.

"Careful, Ultear. He may be acting as well"

"Maybe. But I know he isn't. I can sense that"

"Then why is the Council making such a fuss about him?" Said Sirgrain.

"That's what I would like to know as well," said Ultear. A knock was heard and Siegrain permitted to enter.

"Sir Siegrain, the Council has summoned you. Please follow me" reported an assistant.

"Why? Aren't they interviewing Mr Naruto?"

"Yes sir. Mr Naruto has agreed to be one of the Council's requests to be the Hunter, the Chairman ordered to bring other Hunters as well" said the assistant. This shocked Siegrain.

'What. A member from Fairy Tail agreeing to be Council's hunter? What's going on? If I go, he will definitely recognise the similarities between me and Jellal. That will spoil my plans' thought Siegrain.

In addition to that, since Naruto agreed to one of the Council's requests, his word will have more weight now as the Council does something to appease the young mage. This is a critical situation for Siegrain.

He is trying to figure out a way to escape this. He can't send Ultear as he needs her in his future plan and can't expose her. He can escape, but that won't paint a nice image of him in the Council.

'What to do, what to do' thought Siegrain as he slowly made his way towards the Council chambers. He needs to do something fast and effectively.

Meanwhile, In Council Chambers

As all the members were waiting for the arrival of other hunters, one of them had enough and he made it known.

"This is preposterous. You not only pardoned him of all his destruction, but also allowed him to join one of our hunters? I disagree and I refuse to allow him to join our hunters. Assistant, send the other hunters back" yelled Michello in outrage.

He had enough of Fairy Tail tricking them. "I can't understand why you all can't see it. It is one of Fairy Tail's tricks" argued Michello. He didn't get any response from others and so he walked out.

"Michello, I know you don't understand the situation and circumstances that made us take this decision. But this decision will not be revoked" said the Chairman firmly. He knew that most of the Council hated Fairy Tail. But as the Chairman, he should be unbiased and does his best to do that.

He can't satisfy everyone, he knows that. That's why he called for a vote and most of them agreed to this decision. That's why he moved forward with his proposal and now Michello seemed unsatisfied. It is out of his hands now and he is not going to revoke the decision for one man who is not even 2nd seat.

Michelle angrily walked out. On his way back, he saw other hunters making their way to the Council Chambers and ordered them loudly.

"We appreciate your courtesy to come, gentlemen. But there is no need. You may go now" he said in a harsh tone with smooth words.

Though most of them got angry at this, they obeyed him as he was their senior and one of the Council members. It was favourable in the case of a particular blue-haired man.

'Sweet. I don't need to escape now. I should thank this short fool for this. But I'll spare his life this time with such harsh remarks' thought Siegrain and happily walked back to his office.

Back in the Council Chambers, no one spoke for a minute and Yajima chose to break the ice.

"That didn't go well, but I'm sure he will understand," said Yajima.

"Yes. He might be upset that we didn't consult him to make this decision" said Belno.

"That may be true. But he shouldn't behave like that to our guest" said Org. Though he is one for rules, he knew manners as well.

"We can't do anything. I'm sorry on behalf of the Council for his outburst, Naruto" said Seam.

"That's not a problem, Chairman. If you don't mind, can you tell me if I can leave?" Asked Naruto.

"Ah, yes. I'm sorry to delay it. You can leave. Collect your payment from the rewards department" said Seam and with a bow, Naruto left the room.

"Didn't he have a partner?" Asked Leiji.

"Yes. His name is Sirius. He is a Jaguar who was said to use Wind and Lightning magic" said Seam, retrieving information from his Super Archives.

"Why didn't he bring him in. From what I know, they won't leave each other" asked Org.

"I guess as we only called him, Naruto came alone. We didn't specify him to bring Sirius" explained Yajima. Out of all the Council members, he is the only one who is not against Fairy Tail as he was once a member of the Guild and knows how it operates.

'For Maki to recruit a strong member like Naruto is certainly a boon to the Guild. Particularly now, as Naruto accepted the job of a Hunter, I'm sure the Council will be diligent in its remarks on the Guild' thought Yajima.

After that, the Council was adjourned and everyone went their separate ways to do their business as this is the only in-person meeting held once a month.

With Naruto

Naruto went to the rewards department and collected his reward for both his job and killing Amon. He got 2.5 million Jewels in total. He is going to take some surprises to his Guildmates with this and then some for an angry old man.

He saw Sirius waiting for him at the entrance of Council HQ and walked towards the proudly smirking jaguar.

"Did you do it?" Asked Naruto in excitement.

"Yup. Exactly one hour after we leave, the Council will have a surprise" said Sirius with a proud smile.

"Good. They should learn not to underestimate Fairy Tail" said Naruto with a mischievous smile. After that, he arranged all the things he brought from his jobs and vanished from the Council HQ and appeared in the outskirts of Magnolia.

"It's been some time since we came here," said Naruto with a pleasant smile.

"Yes. I guess exactly a month and a half"

"Huh? Did we go that long? I didn't feel it. Maybe all the jobs took their time I guess" said Naruto with a shrug.

"Well, shall we greet them?" Said Sirius with a smirk.

"Yup. No more delays" said Naruto and they both vanished again and landed in the middle of Fairy Tail Guild Hall.

"YO!" shouted Naruto, getting everyone's attention.

"NARUTO" came the unanimous cry of Fairy Tail. Makarov, who was sleeping with a bubble, fell from his seat because of the sudden shock and his bubble burst. He looked at the noise rubbing his aching butt.

"How are you?"

"Do you know, we got a thief in the Guild"

"Did you go to the Council?"

"How did your jobs go?" Were some of the questions he heard from his children. He lifted his gaze and met a pair of familiar cerulean blues. His eyes narrowed at them.

"Guys, I'm fine. I got souvenirs for you all" said Naruto and with a puff of smoke, so many items came into existence.

"Natsu's and Happy's gifts are already given. Now, Cana, I got a deck of cards for you" he said and gave a deck of cards with different poses of Cana.

"Thanks, newbie," said Cana in a drowsy tone.

"Levi, I got a new pair of Magic markers for you," said Naruto and gave a marker to Levi. She started to write so many things excitedly.

"Thanks, Naruto. I thought of buying them soon" she said in a happy tone and started practising with them.

"Gray, I got a winter coat for you. At least now, I hope you won't strip" said Naruto with a teasing smile and gave Gray a blue coat.

Gray felt nothing at first, but when he wore it, he felt the same cold atmosphere when he first started training in Ice-Make with his master.

"Huhuhuhuhu. Man, these work damn well. Thanks, Naruto" said Gray with a freezed expression as he got hit by the cold temperatures in a blink. His body adjusted as time passed. But he now had a conscious thought that he wore something.

Like that, he started distributing other souvenirs to other members. A certain white-haired one-piece dress wearing She Devil was waiting patiently for her turn. She knew he would bring her something.

"Lisanna, I got this book on Animal Take over for you. I think it will help you" said Naruto and gave the book to her. Lisanna thanked him.

"Elf Man, I think this will help you," said Sirius and gave a book to Elf Man. He took it silently and read the title of it.

'How to be a Man' was its title. Elf Man's eyes widened and he profusely thanked Sirius for that.

"Hey, Mira. I think this will suit you" said Naruto and gave a dress to her. It was a white capelet with a fur collar, a pink blouse, a white frilly skirt, and pink doll shoes. It also had three dark blue beads.

Mira got a murderous look in her eyes. Her anger rose and steam started to form around her. "You bastard," she cried and launched at Naruto. Naruto stopped her with his hands and smiled widely at her.

"Yea, yea. I know you love it. But you wear it after you take this" said the blonde and gave her a white ball.

Mira can feel the magic inside the ball. It was sporadically spread without any control and she felt like vomiting by the feeling she got, but she knew something strong was there in that white ball.

"It's what I managed to salvage of Amon, some kind of Demon. I thought you can use your Take Over: Satan Soul to control and use it" whispered Naruto in her ears. He went to the last person with 'All the best' to her.

Makarov observed this carefully. He thought of maiming the blonde for the stunt he pulled on him and Guild. But he laughed it off the enjoyment of youth. But he is not to forgive Naruto immediately and loose his stern and strict parent facade.

"Yo, Gramps," said Naruto in a cheerful tone.

"Yo, Gramps" greeted Sirius.

"You disappointed me, Naruto. I didn't think you will pull something like that on us" said Makarov with a disappointed sigh.

"I know you will cheer for me, Gramps," said Naruto with a toothy smile.

"Ya. The expression when you signed all those. Ah, Heaven" said Sirius in a sing-song tone.

"(Cough) (cough) Yes. I know you'll be successful in your endeavour" corrected Makarov.

"That's why we got this for you," said Naruto and put a magazine in Makarov's hands secretly.

It has the title of 'Top Pics of Sexy Models' by Sorcerer's weekly. It is the latest edition which Makarov was trying to get his hands on.

"Yes. This is what I'm waiting for. Ok, Children, go do your work. I have an important thing to do" said Makarov and ran to his office and slammed the door shut with force and all the Guild heard giggles after that.

Era, Magic Council HQ

After Naruto left the Council, the Council encountered an unexpected problem. All the marble in the Council HQ was painted Neon Pink and all the offices and officers were hit by paintballs and smoke glitters.

"Summon the Hunters immediately. We shouldn't have such an attack on Magic Council HQ left unanswered" yelled one of the Rune Knight generals.

"What-" he was interrupted by a cake slamming into his face.

"Wa-je-la-ta-ha" was what the soldiers heard from their general. Their calls for Hunters went unanswered as all the assistants were sleeping soundly and had given no sign of waking up.

The Magic Council faced the worst crisis in history on that day because of a certain Blonde who they can't find and prove it.

And Cut

Don't forget to suggest to me the techniques of Mangekyou Sharingan you like Naruto to have and if they are good, they might be given to Naruto.

And with this, 3 abilities of Naruto's Mangekyou are selected. Only one ability remains which you can write to me and I'll select the most interesting one.

Tell me what you think in your comments or DM's. See you all in the next chapter.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Black Infinity 1289,

Ja Ne.

7