The SS-Class Job
72 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

You can go to Patron website and search for 'Black Infinity 1289' and find my profile and page there. You'll see same profile picture on my Patron Page as well.

And

You can help me buy coffee for all the work I put in publishing the stories by tipping me on my Ko-fi page.

Search for 'Blackinfinity1289' on Ko-fi website and buy me a coffee there.

I'm not asking or demanding you to tip me. For those who want to and can, they can do it. My stories will continue to be published here if you tip me or not. Hope you understand.

Tell me what do you think about the new story Cover. Any feedback is appreciated.

"Talking"

'Thinking'

"Dragons/Demon/Spirits" Dragons or Demons Speaking.

'Dragon/Demon/Spirits thought' Dragons thinking.

"Jutsu/ Magic" is being used.

Enjoy.

Not Yet

Chapter 25

The SS-Class Job

True to its name, the SS-class job is very complicated. Naruto just wondered how dangerous are the jobs Gildarts always goes on.

He knew that guy goes on at least 10-year jobs to 100-year quests. He could only imagine the danger in them as he looked at the job one more time.

'Lacrima Fortress'

'Joya is situated in the direct centre of Ishgar. Due to our geographic standing, much of our country possesses magic minerals, gemstones and artefacts that boost our economy.

Our Lacrima is of the highest quality and is used by the Magic Council of Ishgar as well.

But we always had robbers and burglars, which we have managed to fend off till now. But their activity has recently spiked, because of the rare and valuable Rara lacrima, a rare lacrima that is harvested once a decade.

We also found our experienced and talented men who were experienced in extracting Lacrima were missing.

We at least want 1 S-class mage for this job who must be experienced. We have 3 objectives for the job.

You should help us retrieve the rarest Lacrima which is in the deepest parts of the mountain as part of mining.

We want the mages to send all the burglars away and find our missing men.

We want the mages to deliver the Lacrima to the Magic Council Headquarters in Era.

Reward: 20 Million Jewels

Status: Taken by Naruto Uzumaki and Mirajane Strauss, Fairy Tail.'

"Wow. I didn't see 3 objectives in one job." Said Mira. She didn't read a job this complicated as they should deal with burglars and mine for Lacrima. And the reward was the highest she had ever seen.

'20 Million Jewels. Even if we share it in half, it will be enough for 4-5 months,' thought Mira, calculating the reward share.

"Not so fast, dear. I have not seen a request this peculiar either. All the jobs I did were either termination of monsters or walking into traps.

You should understand a few things in S-class. First, anyone wants to kill you, though that is a threat to normal mages as well, there are very low compared to S-class mages.

And the second, the job requests are not all it is going to be. There tend to be more 'holes' in them than in normal jobs as they tend to be vague.

So the moral of the story is, keep your guard up at all times in S-class jobs. You don't know what will happen at any moment. If you lose your guard, you will be in danger." Concluded Naruto. Mira was looking at him in shock as if he had grown a second head.

"Wh-what are you talking about, blondie? I didn't think it was that complicated!" Said Mira so much out of character.

"That's why I refrained you from calling your siblings and didn't bring Sirius," explained Naruto.

"Let's get started. Anyway, how long can you fly continuously without tiring yourself?"

"I didn't test it," said Mira in embarrassment.

"Let's test it then. Come, Joya is south-east towards Fiore and I think if we fly, it would be better than going on trains," said Naruto and Mira nodded.

She saw maps of Ishgar but never paid attention to every country in it as she always had jobs in Fiore. She is really getting the scope of the world in this job.

Just like that, they took off into the air, with Mira unfolding her wings and Naruto floating smoothly around her. This job also gives him a chance to mark all other countries between Fiore and Jaya and possibly, Desierto.

2 days later

It took them 2 days to reach Stella border as Naruto wanted to see the atmosphere around the country.

The path they chose includes travel through Fiore, Bosco, Stella, a tiny bit of Iceberg and at last, Joya.

Naruto estimated it would take them a week to reach Joya as he wanted a few stops not only to rest but also to get accustomed to the climate, which is a bit warm here.

From what he understood, Desierto and Iceberg are opposites, so they should be prepared to face both extreme heat and cold in short periods.

They rested in a house Naruto made using Earth Dragon Slayer magic, which impressed Mira as she didn't know he knew Earth magic as well.

They refreshed themselves near a small lake along the way and started their journey towards Stella the next day.

"Hey, Naruto. What is your plan for this?" Asked a curious Mira. They found her flying limit is 3 hours straight after which she needs to take some rest to recover her magic and stamina.

But Naruto simply made her fly after 1 hour of rest without her magic usage and that pushed them to cover a lot of ground yesterday.

"We should meet our client first to see what they want us to do. The 3rd objective is last as it will take time to retrieve all those Lacrima and I have a feeling that everything is not what it seems," said Naruto uncertainly.

Mira was unrealistically listening to him the whole journey, so Naruto decided to cheer her up.

"What? Are you afraid to be alone without me?" He asked with a teasing smile. Mira got annoyed by this. As they decided to split the objectives to get them down fast.

"You damn blonde," she cried and punched him, which Naruto took head-on and sent a few meters in the sky.

"That's like the Mira I know. If you want to speak, talk. Don't look at me like I know everything. Who knows what goes wrong with this job." Said Naruto with a shrug.

"Well, I was just thinking whether I'll be useful to this job. After all, there is no fight in it and my Satan Soul is best suited for combat."

"That's good thinking. Maybe your help will be required, we don't know, right? And you're physically strong like me as your Take Over enhances your body. If we want to reach Joya. We should push you even further," said Naruto and Mira nodded in determination and changed into her Satan Soul form.

4 days later

What Naruto thought to be a week-long journey ended a few hours ago on their 6th day.

Due to her determination to go to Joya and come back, Mira has pushed herself and they managed to reach the destination a day earlier.

They were in the country capital, Victoria. They are about to meet the CareTaker of the Board which governs the Lacrima production to discuss what exactly they want from them.

Joya, unlike other countries around it, has been an independent country and the current CareTaker, who is the highest authority in the Board, has been in office for 20 years now. They were led into a building with the look of a Royal Palace.

The palace is constructed with two large, two-story wings around a central atrium covered by a large domed roof. The roofs of each wing contain two smaller domes. It was called the Crystal Palace as everything in it was made of strong crystal.

The palace was said to reflect the colours of the persons entering and as soon as Naruto entered, it took the shade of jade with spots of black in between. It was a spectacle to see as when Mira entered after him, it took a maroon colour.

After they passed through the first corridor, it changed back to its crystal blue. Naruto and Mira were led to a large ornate looking office and were asked to sit in soft, comfy chairs.

While waiting, Naruto pondered about the job itself. It was very odd to have such hospitality as they were called to work for the country. The last time he was given a seat, he was attacked by mobs of the Undead.

Keeping that experience in mind, he kept his guard up and saw Mira doing the same. Though she is normal now, it doesn't take her much time to change.

He heard the door open and saw a man enter. He is a middle-aged man of average height.

"Welcome, mages. My name is Orden Roy. You can call me Roy," said Roy and sat in the opposite seat of both Naruto and Mira.

Roy is clean-shaven with dark eyes. His dark hair is unkempt, falling over his eyes. He wore some kind of uniform with a white collared shirt, black fitted pants and a logo, maybe that of the Board, on the back of the Grey jacket.

"If it isn't the Destroyer himself. It's a pleasure meeting you, Mr Naruto," said Roy as he shook Naruto's hand and would have kissed Mira's if she gave him her hand.

Not taking her rejection seriously, he went and sat in his chair and turned serious in an instant.

"As you have read, you have 3 objectives here. Help us retrieve the Rara Lacrima, find and fend off burglars, retrieve our men and transport the Lacrima to Era. The last one is up to you as we won't be coming with you.

But the first 2 are to be done here and first, deal with all the burglars. They are seriously damaging our mines and destroying not only property but also kidnapping valuable workers," said Roy in a neutral tone. But Naruto can sense irritation in it.

"I want one of you to go to the bottom of the mine to the south of the city to bring the Lacrima in question. We are running out of time. I want it to be done in 2 weeks." Said Roy, half yelling in a commanding tone.

Mira would have flipped the table and given the idiot a piece of her mind, but Naruto's firm grip kept her in check. With just a nod as acknowledgement, Naruto was given all the necessary tools and maps to do the work.

The intention behind the job is very clear for Naruto. 'We are going to sit while you bring us the Lacrima which we will sell and give you nuts to enjoy,' he silently walked out of the office and took Mira into the forests around the fortress to talk.

"Calm down, Mira." Said Naruto seriously as her body started to heat up because of her fluctuating magic.

"Why should I calm down? Let me teach that bastard a lesson!" she yelled in anger.

"What will we get by that? Nothing. More bad name in the Council and reprimands from Master."

"So should I keep quiet and do what he says?" She asked, her magic surging.

"How about you take care of the burglars while I take care of the mines?" Suggested Naruto. With his Earth Dragon Slayer magic, it is not going to be difficult for him to drill and find Lacrima.

"Moreover, you are on this job to learn. Don't get emotional on a trivial matter as respect, Mira. We don't know what circumstances they were in and the experiences they had with mages in the past.

Take this as a lesson and understand that everyone won't accept and respect mages openly." Suggested Naruto. Mira felt embarrassed a bit, but her anger didn't subside.

"Here, take this." Said Naruto, giving her a magic crystal.

"What is this?" Asked a confused Mira.

"This is a magic crystal which allows us to communicate telepathically in a 100-kilometre radius. I was told this crystal is abundant here. That's one of the reasons why I came here." Said Naruto with a smile, giving her the gem. It is crystal blue with a stylized leaf on it.

"What is this symbol?" Asked Mira curiously.

"That's the symbol of my old home. I carved it on it to be a reminder," said Naruto with a fond smile. Mira thought it to be the place where Gildarts found him while Naruto thought of Konoha.

"Fine. But I'll give that stuck up fool a piece of my mind if he does that again," she agreed and just like that they separated, Naruto going to the mine, Mira searching around the forests.

With Sirius

Sirius was sad for a few days though the clone of his father tried to console him as he never got worried about the blonde bastard this much.

"Where is he?" He asked the clone.

"Just reached Joya and was talking with the client," said the Clone, going through the memories of the original.

"Don't you think it's time for you to go on a job request?" Asked clone Naruto.

"Ya. Loke was completing his final step of training. After that, we'll go on an A-class job. I don't want to be here alone," said Sirius longingly.

He knew his father did this as part of training. Naruto always wanted Sirius to be independent of him and be a man on his own. That's why he is trying every way possible to make that happen.

Sirius understood that. But he doesn't like the method his father chose to make that happen. He knew the job was going to be dangerous, and maybe life-threatening, but he wanted to go.

He heard a knock on the door, probably Loke and went to greet the person who came while the clone in the room merged into the walls of the house. To continue his act.

Scene Break

A week later

With Mira

It's been a week and she couldn't find any burglars or any trail to lead her to missing people.

She destroyed the forest around in her frustration as her search through it for the burglars resulted in nothing. After calming down a bit, she tried again.

Mira saw a cave from where she could sense a faint flow of magic and went in. She walked into a dark corridor and moved in to walk into some kind of meeting.

With different kinds of monsters of different sizes and looks. Few are like animals while some were even more gruesome.

For the first time in her life, Mirajane wanted to puke somewhere as the scene in front of her was very disgusting.

There are piles upon piles of bodies, both human and animal alike with organs and flesh, half-eaten and open on the floor with puddles upon puddles of blood flowing like a river.

"Are these enough for the ritual?" She heard someone speak and saw people having some kind of white uniform.

"No. We still need 1000 bodies to call our lord." Said another one.

"Be careful, I have heard that mages were here on the Lacrima collection job," said another one.

"No matter. We can perform the ritual by taking the Rara Lacrima instead of people."

"Doesn't it take 10 years to form?"

"Of course, the Fortress must be breached to put it in the middle for our ritual to work."

"No matter. We must do this for our Lord. For the revival of Zeref!" Cheered the apparent leader.

"For the revival of Zeref!" Chorused all of them while drinking some blood.

"Man, it took a lot of effort to lure all these people here and not arouse suspicions is another matter,"

"Ya. It always disgusts me to think that I was like that once,"

They started talking similarly but relaxed more was perplexed. 'Does that mean they were humans once?' She thought in vain.

Her blood boiled as the reality of what actually did hit her. They were talking as if humans are inferior creatures and killing them is a trivial thing. And everything for this 'Zeref'.

'Mira?' The voice of Naruto came into her head. Mira was surprised a bit, but recovered and responded quickly, not giving her hiding spot away.

'Yea?'

'I found a good catch here. There is some kind of creature which looks like a lizard. Who is trying to take them,'

'I'm apparently at their HQ. All these disgusting things were once humans who performed some kind of ritual to turn like this. It appears they are after the Rara Lacrima as well. Shall I finish them off?'

'Why not? I'm will be done with this lizard and catch up. Deal with them and I'll be there soon.' said Naruto and the line was cut and Mira jumped into action.

A few hours ago

With Naruto

Naruto took to the job easily as his Earth Dragon Slayer Magic allowed him to move freely in the ground, the task very easy for him.

He would collect the normal Lacrima which can be found in the inner base of the mountain. After that, he would go deep to the active volcano part to collect the Rara once.

As usual, he was done collecting the normal Lacrima and moved deep using his tree walking, sticking to the edges of the mountain when he saw a lizard move out from the area.

It was like some kind of lizard in blue-green colours and yellow eyes with a slit with a large body and spike-like protrusions across its body. It was moving across the mountain easily with its legs.

The most important part of it, is the shining Purple crystal in its mouth, reflecting the lava round. He knew what it is. It is the Rara Lacrima.

"Stop right there. If it is what I think it is, I don't allow you to go out," said Naruto in a calm tone and the lizard looked at him in surprise.

"The mages already came?" Naruto heard it say and turned towards him.

"What can you do, boy? My scales are so strong that even the hot temperatures can't damage it," boasted the lizard. It immediately made some kind of whistle, which pained Naruto's sensitive ears and ran away.

Much to his surprise, so many lizards of similar sizes and different colours came out of nowhere and surrounded him.

"I have friends here, sucker. Rest in peace," it said as it crawled through a hole in the ground.

Naruto can see all the Lacrima he should collect in its mouth. He smiled widely at this.

'A game of cat and mouse? I'm an expert in it,' thought Naruto. With a wide smile, he started destroying the animals he saw crawling out of the ground.

"Shatter,"

"Scatter,"

"Reflect," Naruto used all the attacks simultaneously, but the effect on the lizards was minimal. It seems the useless shits have a very thick exoskeleton to be killed easily.

'Fuck it. I'm gonna destroy the entire thing!' Thought Naruto and started using more destructive spells.

"Dome of Death," yelled Naruto and just like that, all the thick lizards were vaporized in an instant due to extreme heat.

They may withstand the hot temperature of the underground mine, but withstanding the heat of raw light is not possible for simple creatures like lizards and were finally killed for good.

"That took some time. Now to find my mouse," said Naruto and sped towards the last one who escaped from him. Not that it would go far as Mira was at their HQ. He went through the hole and followed its track.

For a creature of its size, it made quite far before Naruto found it. "Not bad. You do have some escaping skills. Tell me, how do your friends feel when you were killed?" He asked as if talking about the weather.

'What! How did he catch up? I called all of the lizards which were in 100s,' it thought surprise and turned around, only to see scorching earth and pooling lava.

"Impossible! How is this happening?" He cried out in disbelief.

"Die with the same shock," said Naruto as he pierced it with a light sword by spearing through its head. After killing it, he sealed all the Rara Lacrima it took in a storage scroll.

As his work was done for the day, made easy because of the lizards' involuntary help, he made his way towards the area where Mira told him where the lizards HQ is.

He made his way towards the location where he can sense large magic concentrations, which he felt odd as he couldn't sense anything when he was in Victoria.

'Maybe they had some sensory interruption Lacrimas installed. It's not like they can't add some when they have this much supply.' Thought Naruto and made his way towards Mira.

Naruto didn't sense a black mass observing him and every one of his moves as it is half merged in the ground and he is busy killing the rat. It merged with the ground and couldn't be sensed anyway.

With Mira

She thought of using her new Take Over form on these disgusting creatures as she felt this one is more powerful than her normal Satan Soul.

"Satan Soul: Halphas," said Mira. This was the new form she unlocked after Naruto made that white thing run rampant in her body. She found it after she woke up.

Though she can't control that form, that experience managed to unlock her this new form which boosted her power and magic even more.

Mira now has horns made of long sky blue scales, extending backwards to a pointed edge, the horn's scales also extend to form a pattern on her face. Her ears, hidden behind her horns, become pointed upwards reminiscent of that of fictional elves.

She gained a similar scale-like covering on her forearms and hands as well as on her legs and she grew a large, sky blue, stocky and seemingly aquatic tail. Her clothes also change, with any attire she might be donning replaced by a light and dark blue, striped, one-piece suit with pointed shoulder-pads, revealing her arms and legs, which is open on the front and the back, exposing most of her stomach, wide cleavage, and upper back.

This Satan Soul form also permanently dons two sky-blue wings composed of numerous spiky scales that are always pointing upwards.

"You piece of shits, how dare you to kill and demean humans like that?" Yelled Mira and blasted a Darkness Orb, which destroyed most of the cave they were in. It didn't satisfy her.

All the creatures in the room were surprised by the sudden yell and the subsequent blast. The guard to the room was the first to be killed while some moved and most were frozen in place and were killed in seconds.

"An intruder? How couldn't we sense her?" Yelled the leader?

"What should we do?" Asked one of the men frantically.

"Calm down, everyone. She is just one girl. We can kill her if we worked together," he said in certainty.

"Purple Rage," yelled Mira and blasted her most powerful attack in her normal Satan Soul form. But it too didn't calm her rage and disgust she felt. Her brain processed a new attack when she was searching for one and she used it without any thinking.

"Halphas Blast," said Mira, charging darkness energy into one large orb and filling it with max power. She threw it into the air, causing pink-coloured Magic projectiles to rain down the area.

Large explosions could be heard as the projectiles were powerful enough to damage and destroy large parts of the inside and entrance of the cave.

It then spread towards the surroundings as the cave completely collapsed. It could have headed for Victoria if not for a blue crystalline barrier forming around the fortress to protect it from it.

Unknown to her, one of the creatures had escaped the blasts and tried to sneak up on her. It was a hair's breadth away when a light spear tore it apart.

After sensing something behind her, she turned around only to see it being shredded by a light spear.

"Good reflex, but you should improve," appreciated Naruto and Mira nodded in acknowledgement.

"So are these all?" He asked, sensing no one around.

"Pretty much. Most were killed by a cave-in and the last one was killed by you," she said pointing to the dead creatures.

"What should we do?" She asked uncertainly.

"Burn them. You don't want anyone stumbling into them and becoming a victim, right?" He asked and Mira agreed. Who knows what else these disgusting things hid?

So as decided, they burnt all bodies and Mira felt nauseous and lost control. Naruto caught her and felt her body temperature increase.

He hurried back to the Inn they were given and put her on her bed and watched over her.

After a few hours of rest, he saw Mira open her eyes groggily. He sat on a stool near the bed and turned to her.

"Can you explain what's going on? Your body is taking so much magic but can't keep up either!" Asked Naruto in worry.

"I don't know. Souls are flooding my system, adding so much more than I can handle. I-I don't know what's happening. But I can't suppress them," said Mira in a whisper but Naruto heard it.

Now Naruto understood what was going on. Since she is the one who killed all those scum, and her magic relies on Souls, all the souls in the area are coming towards her.

As her magic is to take over souls, maybe it is responding with the intent of the souls in the area? But the problem is, she can't keep up with the intake.

He understood why she missed her aim and got agitated quickly during her fight like how she near missed the fortress during her attacks. To his relief, there was a strong Lacrima barrier protecting the city that saved Naruto from rebuilding the whole city and life loss.

Naruto thought deep about how to suppress all the soul influx and thought of the limiter he put on Sirius. If the limiter works not only as a limiter but also as an indicator as well, that could work in Mira's case.

It has the mixed concept of a game level ups he played when he was in Shinobi world and a restriction seal he found in his mother's scrolls.

"I have a solution. Let's see how it works," said Naruto and before she could protest, ge took hold of her body and started drawing seals with his magic.

After a minute of drawing, a small 'limitation' seal was formed across her waist and Naruto made it invisible for anyone but Mira and himself to see. It promptly vanished.

Then he drew an analysis seal which indicates her current capacity to use the souls which will be stored separately from her magic container in the seal.

"Done. How do you feel now?" Naruto asked curiously. Mira felt very light as if a large weight was lifted off from her shoulders. She walked around and tested her body.

"What the hell, blondie. This is amazing. I feel lighter now," said Mira in joy and hugged him.

Naruto blushed at the close contact but didn't respond and let Mira enjoy her moment of joy.

But soon she fell unconscious as she felt a large drain of magic and her exhaustion catching up with her. Naruto put her on her bed and let her rest. While he was adjusting the window of the room, he felt something. He got a dreadful feeling as if something is wrong.

'Snap' there was a snap. Naruto couldn't understand whether it was around him or in his mind. Much to his horror, he heard something that terrified him.

'T-ou-ou-as-an,' spoke a hoarse voice in Naruto's head. Naruto went still, his body going cold after hearing that. He knew that voice.

'Sirius,' Naruto asked in worry but he got any response.

And Cut

Don't forget to suggest to me the techniques of Mangekyou Sharingan you like Naruto to have and if they are good, they might be given to Naruto.

And with this, 3 abilities of Naruto's Mangekyou are selected. Only one ability remains which you can write to me and I'll select the most interesting one.

Tell me what you think in your comments or DM's. See you all in the next chapter.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Black Infinity 1289,

Ja Ne.

5