Successful  Job
69 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

I'm back with next chapter of Not Yet.  You can read upto Ch 36 0f Not Yet now on my Patron Page. Go to Patron website and search for 'Black Infinity 1289' and find my profile and page there. You'll see same profile picture on my Patron Page as well.

And

You can help me buy coffee for all the work I put in publishing the stories by tipping me on my Ko-fi page.

Search for 'Blackinfinity1289' on Ko-fi website and buy me a coffee there.

I'm not asking or demanding you to tip me. For those who want to and can, they can do it. My stories will continue to be published here if you tip me or not. Hope you understand.

"Talking"

'Thinking'

'Telepathy'

"Dragons/Demon/Spirits" Dragons or Demons Speaking.

'Dragon/Demon/Spirits thought' Dragons thinking.

"Jutsu/  Magic "

Enjoy.

Not Yet

Chapter  9

Successful  Job

Mystogan was on a job when he sensed the opening of another Anima nearby and went to check it.

What he saw terrified him. Though he had a suspicion that he knew one of them, against all odds, he prayed for it not to be.

If one of them is who he thought them to be, then he would easily find something wrong with the hole in the sky. Though he knew that whatever he does, he can't find the source of the Anima, getting Naruto's interest is a bad thing.

He has been observing the blonde since he joined. He is different from others and he even resisted his magic when he went to Guild for a job.

He was surprised, but he managed to adjust his composure in time and get out of the Guild without his identity being discovered by Naruto.

The next shock he got was during the S-class trials. He had a suspicion that the sleeping paintballs he was hit with were Naruto's doing.

But what terrified him the most was the blonde's fight with their Ace. Naruto's and Gildarts' fight is something that he is going to remember forever.

It was just, out of the world. Both of them threw magic like candy as if it is totally normal when the power they released can demolish cities.

Mystogan was taken aback, if it was not for Naruto's interruption, his cover would have blown away due to his shock.

He decided that day to be careful around the blonde. If everyone thought him to be an enigma, Naruto is the true enigma for him.

And it's been long since he last saw him. The circumstances are not good is saying something as they are very bleak and finding Naruto near one of the Anima is disturbing, to say the least.

He has this inner sense that led him to an Anima when it opened near him, a side effect of coming from 'there' he assumed.

He followed the same sense when he sensed a nearby opening as their openings gradually increased in the last year. He is afraid that he can't close them if they keep on increasing like this.

He also knew that it wouldn't take long for the Magic Council to take notice of the disruption of Magic in some areas and for them to investigate it.

He is afraid of that day as he knew his father's motives well which made him hate the man with passion.

While he was deep in his thoughts, the blonde noticed him and appeared to greet him.

"What are you doing here, Mystogan?" Asked Naruto, appearing in front of the tattooed teen in a burst of speed.

Mystogan was taken aback by his sudden appearance. He gave him a once over and noticed how he had small cuts, which were rapidly closing.

"I… I didn't expect you to be here," he said in a calm tone.

"That's my question, I think. But ya. Things turned ugly and I had to come here to take care of them," said Naruto, gesturing to the smoking area with a clear sky.

"Everything turned out well, I assume?" He asked, acting dumb.

"Yes, for the most part, I rarely see you. It's no wonder it takes you a long time to complete a job if you take jobs this far," said Naruto. Mystogan just nodded.

"Where is Mirajane? I heard you were with her," asked Mystogan, diverting the topic.

"It's a long story. But she is not here. She was in Joya and I'm here to solve an issue," explained Naruto, emphasising on the issue and gesturing to all the chaos that happened.

"Will you leave it like that? I heard that you don't damage much," he asked curiously glancing at the broken earth and scorched ground in the empty grounds.

"Generally, I won't. But I'll leave it. I don't have enough energy or interest to repair it," said Naruto and Mystogan nodded.

He assumed that the blonde has some kind of spell that repairs the damage like a time-reversal spell or magic to restore everything.

They continued walking as Naruto was tired and wanted to eat something as it was almost morning. They reached a small town nearby which would have been a long 3-hour walk.

Naruto used his senses and teleported there with his Earth Dragon Slayer magic, taking the tattoed teen with him. It was morning in the town they reached.

Naruto learned a lot about Mystogan as the quiet mage is somehow willing to talk, nothing important or personal, just things about how the guild is doing and such as Naruto was swallowing everything.

Naruto wanted to ask an important question and as soon as he found the gap, he fired it.

"Why do you always take long jobs instead of shorter ones?" He asked curiously, eating the 5th meal. It's nothing delicious and otherworldly like his Ramen, however, it is good enough.

"No reason in particular. I just want to keep to myself," said Mystogan as he was cleaning one of his staves.

Naruto was very tired to even notice how Mystogan's magic is different and the staves are special. He is just thinking of how to calm Mira after he abruptly vanished and the drama followed.

"If that's all, I'll be leaving," said Mystogan, trying to escape before Naruto thinks something complicated to ask him. He absentmindedly nodded and the tattooed teen vanished.

After eating a few more meals, Naruto paid in full and walked to the outskirts of the town to teleport and went into his Kamui dimension.

Meanwhile, Rune Knight camp

Pergrande Empire

In a small Rune Knight camp in the empty vast lands of the Pergrande Empire, everything is in disarray.

One of the monitors noticed large magic fluctuations in the area. After it stopped and was stable, Seam, the Magic Council Chairman, ordered for a squad to investigate what happened.

So a squad consisting of a squad captain, a few soldiers and members from the investigation wing of the local camp came to inspect the area.

"Can you explain what happened in detail?" Asked the lead investigator and the captain nodded.

"The Magic Council noticed irregular magic patterns here and focused on it through the lens in the Satellite square.

There was complete destruction as if a large scale battle took place and as we can see, lead to this," he said gesturing to the surrounding wreckage.

"Hmm, looks like some kind of potent magic clash for me. We must collect samples from here to test what truly happened. But I'm certain of one thing.

This is a result of a potent magic battle, though the amount of magic used is unreal and destructive. We can only imagine what caused this much destruction. What do you say, gentlemen?" He asked his fellow investigators and they nodded in agreement.

"But, no one lives in at least a 100 kilometres radius!" Said the captain incredulously.

"Maybe, Captain. But there is one way they can come here,"

"Teleportation. I don't know whether they chose it randomly or planned, but what happened here is certainly concerning." Explained the lead investigator.

"Sir, please look at this," said one of the investigators and what the leader saw shocked him.

"Captain, please call for an emergency investigation team from Era. This is concerning." Said the man in haste. The captain walked closer to see what was happening.

There was a small red warning on the small magical device in the investigators' hands, which was blinking.

Low Magic Concentration warning.
Low Magic Concentration warning.
It read.

With Naruto

Naruto appeared in his Kamui dimension to check on his son and friend. He walked towards the bed on which Sirius was and saw him still asleep.

To the far side of the area, Loke was hanging from a tree branch to make sure he won't harm Sirius, Naruto tied him up. Naruto walked up to the Lion spirit to check on him.

Loke was back in his normal clothes with his glasses and the ring Naruto gave him. Which were not present when he was under Theon's control.

"Loke, are you awake?" Asked Naruto, pinching the hanging Lion. Loke hissed in pain.

"Ouch. What was that for?"

"Sorry. Just came to check on you," said Naruto.

"What happened? After that weird thing hit me, it went blank and I felt powerful, enraged even. Again, it went blank and I'm … here?" He asked, looking around.

"You are in a safe place. Don't worry about that. How does your body feel?"

"Sore. I can't feel half of it as if I was punched around and my container seems empty for some reason?" He asked in surprise.

"Well, what took place was not a regular occurrence. I'll explain about it later. Rest now." Naruto said, putting him in another genjutsu induced sleep.

From his condition, he at least need a week to recover as his magic container was strained and expanded beyond limits.

Naruto sent large amounts of his Wood Dragon Slayer magic to help fasten the process.

Sirius on the other hand though out of danger, still needs time to heal and rest is the most important thing for both of them.

He kicked himself for leaving both of them to fend for themselves. Though Theon planned this carefully, if he was present, they wouldn't be like this.

'Never again. I won't leave them alone ever again.' He promised himself and teleported them to his house in Magnolia with a clone looking after them as he still has his job to complete in Joya.

With Mira

She was confused by Naruto's out of character behaviour and was concerned for the blonde.

Though she felt relieved to some extent and well, the way Naruto acted before he left concerned as she had the same expression when she left 'that' village with her siblings.

She thought all the possible things why the blonde was acting like that when he appeared in front of her out of nowhere.

"The Hell," she screamed and kicked him, hard. He disappeared? Into wood pieces and vanished.

'What, What happened?' She was confused when another one appeared in front of her.

"What the fuck, you idiot?" She yelled, almost hitting. He dodged, pinning her on the bed, restricting her moment.

"Calm down, woman. I'm not the original. I'm here to inform you of unforeseen circumstances and the boss is there," he yelled, holding her strong against the bed.

Though she can use her magic, she can't fully use it and so she stayed still and listened to the blonde above her.

If someone were to enter, they will see 2 teenagers in a compromising position while one pressed the other to the bed.

But both of them didn't notice it, too caught up with their explanations and catching up respectively.

"So you are not the blonde. But a 'clone' of him?" Asked Mira, summarising the explanation the 'clone' made and he nodded.

"Where is he you won't tell?" She asked again and he nodded.

"Then why are you here?" She asked, annoyed.

"To check on you. Boss wants to look after you as he just applied a seal on you," explained the clone, crossing his arms.

"No thanks. I'm well," she replied with a huff.

"Bu-" the clone was saying, before dispelling. Mira didn't give a damn about it as it just annoyed her.

'Stupid blonde and his stupid clones. What made him go? Is something wrong?' Were her last concerned thoughts before she fell asleep, all the exhaustion catching up to her.

After a few hours

After a few hours, Naruto appeared in the room and as it was still night in Joya. As it is behind the Pergrande Empire, he slept on the bed.

In his dizzy state, he didn't notice the figure under the covers he fell on and had a good rest.

Morning

Naruto had a great sleep after all the fighting and magic he used in the battle against the ancient Demon. He slept like a baby and was having a good dream.

"WwwwwwhhhhhhhhaaaaaaattttttttttttttttttthhhhhhhhheeeeeFffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuukkkkkkkkkkkkkkk," he heard a female voice shriek.

Naruto didn't expect the day to start with a shriek. So when he opened his eyes, he saw blazing purples staring at him menacingly.

"Wha-?" He asked only to be thrown out of the room by a lizard-like black tail which came out of nowhere. He flew and fell into the pool of the inn, which softened his impact, but hurt like hell.

"Aahhh," groaned Naruto. Out of all things he expected, being thrown into water was not one of them. He was rubbing his head when a figure lunged at him.

"What the fuck are you thinking sleeping in my bed?" It asked, pushing him into water again and drowning him.

Fortunately for Naruto, he can breathe underwater easily. As it saved him from dying. To not cause any ruckus, he took the figure and jumped into the room.

"Sorry," he said to all the people who were disturbed and sealed the room with privacy seals for better safety.

"What happened? Why are you angry early in the morning?" He asked the figure, now identified as Mira, who was in her She-Devil form.

"What happened? What the fuck are you doing sleeping on me and with drool in your mouth?" She shouted in rage.

Sealing the room was the best choice as Naruto has no doubt that her voice would be heard till the Board office in the middle of the city.

"What? I thought I fell on my bed!" Said a confused Naruto.

"Is it? Then what is this?" Asked Mira, showing the contrast between two beds while the one on right is neat and clean, the one on the left is messy and he can see small spots of water.

"Uh, sorry. I was so exhausted when I came, I might have mistaken. Hehehehe," he said nervously, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly.

"Where the hell did you go anyway? That shit clone of yours didn't tell me anything," she grumbled.

"Well, if you're that curious, I killed a Demon who is a bit annoying and it took everything I can. Also met Mystogan after it," said Naruto, not going into too much detail.

He knew the tattooed boy won't talk about it as he is rarely seen in the Guildhall. Mira gave him a confused look.

She classified everything the blonde says into 2 categories, the first being smart things like how he knew about magic theory and how it works.

And the second is, well Naruto's weird things. As the blonde does things that seem weird to her like how he managed to suppress all those souls etc. She wouldn't think much of the latter as she knew it was a waste of time.

"I won't accept your apology. What you did is intended," she accused Naruto and he deflated at that.

"But if you promise me to train more, I'll forgive." She added after a small pause. He lifted his head to see a smiling Mira.

She didn't know whether he did anything else to prank her while she was asleep, but she knew Naruto wouldn't go that far for a prank.

She is confident that she learned a lot more about him during the job as they often end up in the room by the evening and he would give her some tips.

To put it simply, he just impressed her to the extent that she is willing to use the situation in her favour and spend more time with him instead of whacking him around.

He is just an enigma to her. He is her age, yet his experience is on a whole another level when compared to herself or even Erza.

She saw high respect in the eyes of the redhead which is rare as Erza is strong in her own right. She is trying to find what made the knight have such respect for the blonde but didn't find anything yet.

To gain such respect from her, he should have done something extraordinary but she couldn't find anything resembling such extraordinariness from him maybe his power.

She can still remember how he fought Gildarts to a standstill and they kept on increasing as time passed. But that isn't the only thing that garners that much respect from Erza. Or so she thought.

That's why this extended interaction will help in not only analyse 'that' feeling, but also why is he respected that much by the redhead.

"Ok," said Naruto with a thumbs up and a big smile. Mira nodded in victory at that.

"Excuse me, Mages. Sir Roy called for your presence in an hour." Said an assistant, knocking on the door.

"Yes. We will come," replied Naruto and turned to Mira, who was too happy to respond. With a nod, they both prepared for the day and when they finished all their morning routine, they walked to the Board's office.

The office was as beautiful as ever and it reflected the same colours when they first came here. They reached Roy's office and waited for the man to call them.

He called them soon and Naruto and Mira entered a similar setting, but there are more people now than before. 4 more people in the same Board dress and symbol, which Naruto didn't care about.

"Oh, my. You are right, Roy. It is the Destroyer himself." Said one of the men and Roy nodded.

"Mr Naruto, Ms Mirajane, please meet the directors of the Lacrima Control Board of Joya. You have been called here for verification and dispatch," said Roy, turning jovial to serious.

"Please put all the Rara and other Lacrima you mined here. Can you also give us a summary of what happened?" Roy asked and Naruto nodded.

As all the work is done, which was informed by a few workers that were left in the mine, Roy is looking forward to seeing the results. When they employ normal people, extraction of all Lacrima will take at least a month and Rara Lacrima are to be handled with care.

But from what the workers informed him, Naruto dug everything up in just a week and the employees only found very few Lacrima left that they brought them here.

If it was efficient, they would have hired a mage to do this long ago, but to employ locals, they retain from doing that.

Naruto pulled out a large scroll and as soon as he channelled a small amount of his chakra, with a puff of smoke, a large crystal appeared in the middle of the office.

"This is the batch of Rara Lacrima and I found quite a few of these which were put in similar containers." Explained Naruto as everyone was gawking at the huge crystal.

"Yes, yes. Thank you. Can you please submit all the Lacrima you mined for inspection? We want this to reach Era as soon as possible," said Roy and Naruto nodded.

He gave all the Lacrima he mined to an assistant who approached with a bag to take them. After the assistant left the office, he jerked Mira to continue.

"I found some monsters around the forests of the city and resolved the threat. They were the reason for the missing of your employees.

They were burnt to not give them any chance to attack again." She said curtly. Her explanation was not like a report, but the men in the room are far too distracted to notice that.

"Yes, yes. Such bravery and courage. We all thank you for your help. After all the Lacrima is graded, they can be taken to Era. According to estimates, it will take 3-4 days. You can rest till then. You can leave," said Roy, concluding the meeting. With a nod, Naruto and Mira left the meeting area.

They didn't ask about the security breach that occurred when Mira's blast almost hit the protection barrier around Victoria, too happy to point that out.

Forests around Victoria

Naruto brought Mira to the outside forests of the city so that they could train uninterrupted. They were in a clearing that was near the ex-headquarters of those demons.

"So, how are you feeling?" Asked Naruto.

"Better if you would tell me the reason for all this," she said with a huff.

"Well, didn't you ask for training? That's what we are going to do. My way," said Naruto. Mira didn't like his last sentence but agreed.

4 Days Later

It has been 4 days since Naruto and Mira were given time to relax and they used to the max. Naruto would train Mira during the day, which is training on instincts and control of her magic.

Though not much progress is made, there is certainly an improvement. Her instincts are sharper with a small increase in the control of her magic.

Add that to the magic boost she got from the injection of new souls and form, they are a deadly combination.

Naruto was impressed by her growth and he was sure he would get his spar with Makarov when he saw her.

While they trained during the day, after a bath, they would go out to enjoy the night, Naruto mainly eating at different restaurants and Mira thrashing the men who would try to 'impress' her.

Naruto enjoyed it a lot as in Magnolia, she was respected and feared, in Joya, she is just another girl walking around the capital.

He even suggested accepting one of them to see what happens only to receive a punch to the gut, which he escaped.

After 4 days, they were finally called again to the Board headquarters and Naruto and Mira were eager to oblige. It's been almost 3 weeks since they left Magnolia, while Naruto has experience with leaving home for long periods.

In the Shinobi world and here, Mira didn't have that and she is worried about her siblings. Since Naruto is taking care of Sirius and Loke, who didn't wake up yet, he is not much concerned. As he knew they need rest.

Only Roy was present in the office now as he requested them to sit. "Thank you for your patience," he said with a grateful nod.

"We are pleased to inform you that the inspection was done. Let me tell you, the cut and quality were above what we generally mine.

Some of the workers have informed me that your methods are formidable and I thank you for your effort and help.

Coming back to the topic, everything was stored in small containers, like these." Said Roy, giving Naruto a small cube.

Naruto took it and examined it. It is a small shiny cube with a metallic edge and has so many small runes carved into it. Preservation, enlargement, durability were a few.

He gave it to Mira who examined it curiously and gave it back to Naruto who returned to Roy with a nod.

"As the last objective of your job, you are to deliver these to Magic Council Headquarters at Era." Said Roy. Naruto and Mira nodded.

"Here are the remaining containers. Your payment will be given to you in Era. Have a safe journey ahead," said Roy.

"We at the Board on behalf of Joya, thank you for your help. Naruto Uzumaki and Mirajane Strauss," said Roy with a bow and with one last handshake, Naruto and Mira prepared to leave.

They packed everything and began their journey in the late afternoon. Quite a lot of people came to give them send off and most of them were young males.

"Have a safe journey, Mira, dear,"

"Will miss you, love,"

"Oh, God. What have I done to deserve this," were a few of the more dramatic send offs Mira got when they left.

Naruto held her shoulder in a vice-like grip. If not for that, a small part of Victoria would have been destroyed by Mira as a parting gift.

"You have a lot of admirers, Mira," teased Naruto with a teasing smile as they started flying through Joya to Era.

Mira is keeping up with him unlike when they first began. To train her more, he increased the altitude.

"Only if I can teach them not to annoy me," she said, tightening her knuckles.

"Now, now, Mira. Don't be like that. Poor fellows liked you a lot," said Naruto with the same teasing smile.

"As if you can understand my feelings," she said in an annoyed tone and Naruto smiled in reply. He explained some more ways to improve her speed and also played a game of tag in the air as a test of her speed.

3 days Later, Era

This time it took them just 3 days to reach Era as Mira has improved so much in the last 4 weeks. They landed at the entrance of the Magic Council HQ. Mira looked around with a cold look.

"What did they do?" Asked Naruto, suspecting some kind of bad blood between the Magic Council and the She-Devil.

"They thought they could command me and I showed them I won't bow to anyone," she said with a wide smile. Naruto nodded in amusement.

As they walked to the Magical Armoury, where they need to submit the Lacrima stock, Mira noticed how everyone would move aside or bow to them and observed that they showed that respect to Naruto, which she didn't expect.

"What did you do to get their respect?" She asked, unable to hold her curiosity.

"Ah, Hunter Naruto. It's been some time, how are you doing?" Asked a large man whom Mira didn't know.

"Chairman Seam. I'm doing well. I'm on a job actually," clarified Naruto and Seam nodded in understanding.

"Who is this young lady?" Asked Seam, gesturing to Mira.

"This is Mirajane Strauss, my partner in this job,"

"Mira, this is Crawford Seam, Chairman of the Magic Council," introduced Naruto. Mira didn't remember this rotund man being the Chairman when she was called.

She nodded to him awkwardly, while Seam also returned the gesture cooly. "You may be called soon as there are some concerning circumstances," said Seam and left the pair.

As soon as they turned the corner, Mira rounded on the blonde. "What is that? Why are all these people acting as if you were well known here and that fatty talking about Hunter thing?"

"I'll explain later. Come, let's go and collect our reward," said Naruto as they entered the reward collection centre after submitting the stock of Lacrima in the Armoury.

They were given a slip with the stamp 'Completed' on the job Flyer. They walked in while an assistant is recording everything.

"Name, Job," asked the assistant in a monotone. But as soon as it laid eyes on Naruto, it stood and gave a salute.

"It's been long, Hunter Naruto. What can I do for you?"

"I'm here to collect the reward for this job," said Naruto, putting the job request flyer on the table.

He verified the flyer and the stamps on it. After being satisfied, he stamped a 'Paid' on it.

"Here, sir. The Board was overjoyed, they increased your reward to 25 Million Jewels," said the assistant, putting a large bag on the table.

Naruto nodded and lifted it without much effort and walked out of the Magic Council HQ with a starry-eyed Mira.

Naruto was pulling her as she got lost in her thoughts as soon as she heard the amount of money they received.

As soon as they reached outside of the building, Naruto turned to her. "I'm tired. Let's finish this," said Naruto in a serious one and extended his hand.

Mira was still in dreams and gave her hand absentmindedly. The next thing she felt was like going through the worst roller coaster standing in front of the coater. As soon as her feet touched the ground, she felt like puking.

"Here, your share of 12.5 Million Jewels. I'll see ya tomorrow in the Guildhall," said Naruto, vanishing again. Mira was so lost to see where she was.

The feeling of nausea increased as she tried to turn around. When another body slammed into her, her mind settled in to see a familiar mop of white hair.

"Big sis, you are back," said Lisanna as she hugged Mira tightly.

"Yes, Lisanna. That bastard. I'll kill him," muttered Mira, confusing Lisanna.

"What happened, big sis?"

"Nothing. It's just Naruto. He did it again," said Mira. Though Lisanna didn't understand, she nodded.

"How is the job? Did you see anything cool? Where did you go?" Asked Lisanna rapidly.

"I'll answer everything, let's go in," said Mira, ruffling Lisanna's hair. She took the bag of money and walked into their house, Lisanna following behind excitedly.

With Naruto

Though he could have teleported to Era, he chose to test how much Mira improved and flew with her. She had improved well.

'That would be enough for Gramps to spar with me,' thought Naruto as he walked into his house.

"Yo," he yelled, walking into his house. Sirius was talking to the clone while Loke was to the side, deep in thought.

Unknown Location

In an Airship in an unknown location, two figures can be seen talking about something serious.

"So he completed an SS-Class job with the Demon?" Asked Hades, stroking his long beard.

"Yes, Master Hades. I was in Victoria the whole time and he completed it without much effort. It even looked easy to any onlookers," reported Ultear.

She was following Naruto around as that was her new mission from Hades as the old Master didn't like this unknown factor Naruto.

"What else can you report?" Asked Hades.

"I don't know how, but there seems to be an unexpected situation in the Pergrande Empire. I think they detected low Magic concentration or something like that," explained Ultear.

"You did well, Ultear. Continuing your observations and report from time to time. You can leave," said Hades and Ultear left with a bow.

'Why do I feel that there is a connection between Naruto and events in Pergrande Empire?' Thought Hades in deep thought.

And  Cut

Don't forget to suggest to me the techniques of Mangekyou Sharingan you like Naruto to have and if they are good, they might be given to Naruto.

Tell me what you think in your reviews and PMs. See you all in the next chapter.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Black Infinity 1289,

Ja Ne.

3