Control
55 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

Yay, Double update.

You can read next 5 chapters of Not Yet now on Patron page. Go to Patron website and search for 'Black Infinity 1289' and find my profile and page there. You'll see same profile picture on my Patron Page as well.

And

You can help me buy coffee for all the work I put in publishing the stories by tipping me on my Ko-fi page.

Search for 'Blackinfinity1289' on Ko-fi website and buy me a coffee there.

I'm not asking or demanding you to tip me. For those who want to and can, they can do it. My stories will continue to be published here if you tip me or not. Hope you understand.

"Talking"

'Thinking'

'Telepathy'

"Dragons/Demon/Spirits" Dragons or Demons Speaking.

'Dragon/Demon/Spirits thought' Dragons thinking.

"Jutsu/ Magic"

Enjoy.

Not Yet

Chapter 31

Control

After seeing Laxus beat Natsu like nothing, Naruto got an idea. He is going to take Natsu on a job and teach him something.

As a fellow Dragon Slayer, he can at least do that much. With that idea in mind, he went to the request board to see what jobs are available for him.

"How is the spar, Papa?" Asked Sirius landing on his shoulder as he was waiting for him in the guildhall with Loke.

"It went well. Gramps was so worked up, you should have seen his face," said Naruto and laughed. Loke is talking to one of the bartenders, Laki if he remembered correctly, so he let them be.

"What are you planning now? As we are fully recovered,"

"I promised you an S-class job, remember?" Naruto Asked and Sirius's eyes lit with stars.

"Are we going on it?"

"Do you remember when I gave you training and you did jobs and as a final gift, we went on an A-class job?" Asked Naruto and Sirius got a knowing gleam in his eyes.

"Yes. You are going to do the same now, but this time, the gift is going to be an S-class job?" Sirius concluded and Naruto nodded.

"But we are taking Natsu as well," said Naruto. Sirius knew how his father wanted to help Natsu as he is a fellow Dragon Slayer and so nodded in agreement.

"Loke, we decided to go on a job, will you join?" Asked Naruto as the celestial spirit is still talking to Laki, this time laughs and giggles included.

"Nah, I got my share for this month. You can happily go," he said. Naruto nodded, deciding best not to push him. As he suffered a lot in the last job.

Sirius on the other hand is bouncing around in joy as he is accustomed to breaking his body and repairing it by this point and an S-class job as a gift made him giddy.

"Ok, let's take these," said Naruto, picking some normal jobs from the request board. He walked to a drinking Makarov, who was drinking his sorrows away.

"What did you say, Stripper?" Yelled Natsu.

"I said your brain lost all cells, flame brain," retorted Gray.

"Say that again and you are dead!" Said Natsu, clenching his fists.

"Why do I need to say? Everyone knows that!" Gray said in a smug tone and they started to fight. Nobody glanced at them as it is a common occurrence.

Naruto saw this but didn't stop them as he knew they would stop soon and walked towards a drinking Makarov.

"Ok, gramps. Here, stamp these," said Naruto, giving the pile of jobs he collected to Makarov. Like last time, he stamped all of them but scanned them briefly.

He was surprised that all those jobs were normal jobs as the blonde in front of him was smiling brightly. "Whom are you taking?" Asked Makarov with flushed cheeks.

"Currently, me and Sirius. Should see who else will join." Said Naruto looking around.

As he was looking around, the Guild doors burst open and saw Erza walking in with something behind her.

"Hey, Erza," he greeted the red-haired knight, saw him and nodded in acknowledgement.

"Good to see you are doing well, Natsu," said Gray as he was shaking hands with Natsu.

"Yeah, man. I thought you were on a job," said Natsu, squeezing his hand a bit too tight.

"What's going on?" Asked Erza as she was not convinced by their acting as everything around them is a bit messy.

"Nothing, we are just talking, hehe," said Natsu, but Erza wasn't convinced.

"Ok, Erza. I have a lot to travel, see ya around," said Naruto showing the job requests in his hand in front of him. Gray caught the hint.

"Then I'll come," said Gray and ran towards Naruto who nodded. Seeing Gray, Natsu also-ran, not wanting to face Erza's wrath alone.

"Take me as well. If this stripper is coming, then I'll come as well," he said pointing towards himself and Naruto started to think.

"Aye sir," came the cheerful shout of Happy.

"Why do you have to be such a baby and tag along? Find your job dude,"

"Dare to say that again, good for nothing stripper," said Natsu, making a step forward.

"What was that?" Asked Erza as she turned from her report to Makarov.

"Nothing ma'am." They said in unison.

"Well, if you want to tag along, then why not. Let's go," said Naruto cheerfully and Natsu and Gray sighed relief.

If Erza was free after her report, someone would have said something about their fight and then she would beat them up, which they wanted to avoid at all costs.

Erza's discipline lessons are far more scary and painful than going on a job with Naruto, which was far safer as he is strong and doesn't kick them around like Erza.

"What is the job?" Asked Gray as they walked towards the entrance of Magnolia.

"Well, there are a series of jobs. First one is helping some farmers. Second one is about some monster hunting and so on. The most important one is on a small island suffering some kind of disaster. They just wrote that in the description. Need help to escape the disaster." Shrugged Naruto.

"Wait, disaster. Does that mean it has a volcano?" Asked Natsu in excitement. Fire is his home as he can do pretty much with fire.

"Don't know, man. It can be anything. A Tsunami, Volcano, Earthquakes even. We can only find it when we go there."

"It can also be a blizzard." Suggested Gray and Naruto nodded.

"Where are we going if it is a small island on the road?" Asked Natsu, his body giving an involuntary shiver at the sight of a train as they just passed Magnolia station.

"There are some jobs on the way and we will be doing them for the rest of the evening. After we take a rest, we start to the nearest point and continue from there. So boys, are you ready?" Asked Naruto and they nodded.

"Well let's go. Our first job was in the next town. They want is to dig some canals for water," said Naruto and they marched to the nearest town.

'Aren't you gonna tell them about the reward?' Asked Sirius through telepathy.

'Nah. What's fun about that? You already experienced my way of doing, so it won't be a surprise for you. They just did 1 job with us. Let them surprise a bit,'

"Hey Natsu, do you think there are fishies in the canal?" Happy asked, floating beside Natsu. Everybody packed their things for the job.

Naruto gave them a half-hour to pack while Natsu was with his equipment, Gray was walking bare-chested with just a backpack in which Naruto knew there would be more money than clothes.

"So are you the thief who took all the jobs a while back?" Asked Gray, connecting two and two.

"What? No. I was already on a job when that happened. Why do you ask that?" Asked Naruto in a hurt tone.

"Nothing. It's just the way you took all the jobs resembled the job theft that time. Just a little curious," colly played Gray and Naruto nodded.

'He is sharp. Hmm, let's test how far they can do this job,' thought Naruto. He does have some Jutsu for Gray and if the ice mage impresses him, he is going to tell him about those.

Scene Break

4 Hours Later

In the past 4 hours, Naruto and his group did 6 jobs easily. They did them in 2 adjacent villages and were given good rewards.

In the first town, they helped some farmers do all chores for a crop like collecting, packing and storing them while Natsu and Naruto built a small storage house for crop storage.

In the second village, Gray and Sirius froze a lake and constructed a small canal diverting the water into a pre-made structure for water storage.

They all combined completed 6 jobs in 4 hours as the last job took 2 hours while the former was done in under an hour. The clients were over the moon at their work.

They explained how they feared the destruction of their precious crops and water as their Guild has a knack for it and paid 10% more reward.

All the jobs went smoothly as Naruto handled them with care and pushed Gray and Natsu beyond limits. He even made Happy carry all the wood for the water reservoir.

As Sirius was accustomed to his father's slave-driving methods, he did everything without a complaint while Natsu and Gray struggled to do things carefully.

But all their hard work paid as they were paid good. Everyone got 60,000 jewels each while Happy got 30,000 jewels for his work.

With exhausted bodies and happy minds, they reached another town for their next job which Naruto decided is going to be tomorrow morning.

"Ok, boys. You did great today. Eat as much as you want, my treat," declared Naruto and everyone cheered. They saw a medium-sized restaurant and went in to eat.

They ordered what they thought they would like from the menu and started eating without much fanfare.

"Hey, folks. This evening was fun, I'm feeling generous, so I give you this opportunity to grace my beautiful voice -" someone started singing a male voice.

The voice resembled a metal grinding against a metal which made the glass crack and Naruto couldn't bear it as his ears were shouting in agony at the metallic voice and Natsu was no better.

Sirius and Happy were flying like mindless cats because of the voice. As Natsu is the nearest to the voice, he took the nearest thing he could grab and threw it in the direction of the sound.

"I'm an amazing singer who makes your hearts flutter-" continued the voice when Natsu's fork hit him in the face. It stopped abruptly, looking around frantically.

"Who threw this!" He asked looking around and Natsu slowly stood up. "My first fan. Thank you. Thank you for loving my voice," said the man as he was upon Natsu in an instant.

Naruto sensed something familiar from the figure and looked up to see the person up close. He is a tall and muscular young man with long, spiky slicked back black hair revealing his forehead.

He has red eyes with slitted dark pupils, which reminded Naruto of the eyes of the Kyuubi. He has no visible eyebrows.

Most of his exposed body is covered in sets of simple, round studs. The most visible studs are on his face, with three of them above each of his eyes, two on each side of his nose and two on his chin, just below his mouth. His ears are adorned with two sets of five earrings each.

He also sports four studs on each of his forearms. He bore a purple mark in a u-shape with a dot and a tail at the top of his right shoulder.

He knew that Mark. It is Phantom Lord's guild mark and there is only one person that suits his description. Gajeel Redfox. Iron Dragon Slayer.

His outfit consists of a shabby, black, sleeveless tunic with studded edges, a studded belt around his waist, loose, beige pants tucked inside studded black boots, and a pair of studded brown gloves paired with similarly studded wristbands.

He also sports a distinctive wing-like ornament, seemingly made of feathers, jutting upwards, over his right shoulder, attached to his tunic by a large stud.

Naruto observed another figure in the distance with a similar mark and waited for Gajeel to leave Natsu.

"You bastard. How did you think I'm your fan? Your voice is horrible and what is that dead song you are singing?" Asked Natsu, furiously.

"What did you say about my voice and singing!" Gajeel yelled, his eyes burning in fury and his hand slowly changing colour.

"Guys, guys. We are in a restaurant and we need to eat Natsu," intervened Naruto. Gajeel took notice of Naruto now and took a step back.

"If it isn't the infamous Destroyer. What are you bunch of weaklings doing here?" He asked in a cocky tone all his rage over his singing gone.

"We are on a job, Gajeel," replied Naruto calmly.

"Job you say? What job? Cleaning this restaurant? Or washing buildings? What is it?" Asked Gajeel, in the same cocky tone. Naruto noticed Natsu's fists blazing with fire and decided to let him loose.

"Fire Dragon's: Iron Fist," said Natsu as he charged towards Gajeel in the middle of the restaurant. Gajeel saw this and smiled widely.

"Iron Dragon's Club," said Gajeel, transforming his arm into a large steel club. Natsu first collided with it and didn't even dent it.

"Heh, it didn't even dent. What are you punching me with, Pinky, a rubber ball?" Asked Gajeel in a mocking tone. Seeing that this is going to escalate, another person intervened.

"Howling," came another attack towards Natsu, who was shielded by a small barrier in it. As the musical notes stopped outside the barrier.

"Oh, dear. Isn't that a sneak attack?" Asked Naruto turning towards a bald man to the side.

He is a dark-skinned bald man wearing a reddish-violet V-neck shirt under a pale-green jacket, with a furry blue trim around the collar. He also sports black-framed glasses.

"Why waste your magic, Boze. I can deal with him," said Gajeel as his partner stood beside him.

"No, Gajeel. He won't sit quietly while you do your thing. We must leave, Master called us." Said Boze and Gajeel gave him a condescending look.

"You escaped this time. I won't leave you next time for insulting my music, pinky," said Gajeel as he walked with Boze giving Naruto a mocking smile while following his partner.

"Why did you leave them? You can beat them, right?" Gray asked, talking for the first time.

"Yes. I can. But that's not the purpose we are here for. Natsu gave him enough trouble already," said Naruto. Gray didn't understand.

"Natsu's punch almost broke the club, he just reinforced it and acted as if nothing was wrong," elaborated Naruto and Gray smiled at that.

"Well, it seems we have a lot of work to do," he said, gesturing to the broken cups and tables.

Though the cups broke because of Gajeel, Natsu also broke several tables in his charges and Boze's sound waves almost destroyed the restaurant.

"We have I guess," shrugged Naruto and they jumped into work, helping in cleaning and repairing tables. Even though most of the group was exhausted.

After a tired cleaning and paying for their meals, all of them went into a hotel and took rest. Natsu was too tired to complain and the night went by quickly.

Scene Break

A Week Later

It's been a week since they started doing all the odd jobs Naruto selected. They got accustomed to it well and began to like the oddities each job presents.

They successfully completed 45 small jobs, 15 mediocre jobs and 3 big jobs. Now they were on their way to their 4th big job.

"Aren't you pumped up?" Asked Naruto as he saw the smiling faces of his crew. Natsu and Happy were happy since this helps better their record.

Gray was happy as it gives him a good experience and Sirius was happy since this makes one more step to his S-class job. Naruto was happy because of their overall performance.

It's time for them to learn something new and the job they were on was perfect for it. It is a monster-hunting job. But it is different from normal monster-hunting jobs.

According to the flyer, the monster they were going to hunt is a large sea monster that lives in a small lake beside the main river which connects to the sea.

The monster is pulling everything that is going through the river into the Lake and all the things pulled went missing after that.

The locals and merchants who often travel tried to confront the monster through traditional ways to no avail. The monster seem to have created an environment in which it can thrive and since became a menace.

Their job is to exterminate it and salvage anything that is left intact. They reached the lake and Naruto started to observe for any abnormalities.

And he found one. The lake in itself is an abnormality. Since the monster had created it, it was full of magic and the water in it is also different.

Half of the lake was boiling hot, filled with hot water while the other half was freezing cold, with cold water. Naruto can clearly see the contrast.

'Hmm, what an interesting case. Now to train these two,' he thought and made a plan for the 2 mages in front of him to train in the water.

"Ok, boys. This is the job site. What you see in front is the hunting area," said Naruto and as expected, Natsu jumped into the water and much to his dismay, he jumped into the cold side.

"Alright, let's get this done," he said in a cheery tone, only for it to be replaced with a cold shiver.

"It's cold. It's cold. It's cold," he said, trying to run around, but couldn't.

"Use your magic, dumbass. You are a fire mage," said Gray with a facepalm as he saw Natsu run in the lake like a headless chicken.

"Ah right," he said, hitting himself and releasing a large flame from his body which managed to heat the water around him, relaxing Natsu.

But his relaxation didn't last long as a cold wave hit the lake and it started cooling again. Gray observed the cold wave and took his shirt off to deal with it.

"Not so fast," said Naruto, pushing the ice mage into the hot side of the lake. It burned Gray like Lava and he used his own suggestion and made some ice around him.

"What's the big idea, dude," he said to the smirking blonde as he was grinning from the hill they stood on.

"This is going to be a training session for you. We have to hunt a monster. It is in that cave. I want you to master your element. As you already understood, you are in the opposite type of your element that too in water. Which is generally good for you, Gray, but they are hot water.

While Natsu was in cold water. Let me explain how this works. You will try to change the water to your element. When all your lakeside is filled with your element, your training is done." He said and saw Gray was about to interject.

"I know what you want to know. The monster you should fight is in that cave. As long as you keep it busy, it won't attack anyone.

And whoever masters their side of the lake by transforming into their element will get the chance to kill the monster. Now let's begin." Said Naruto, making a chopping motion and both Natsu and Gray started to use their magic.

"Sirius, you are going to sit in the middle and try to normalise the water with your wind. The same rule applies, if you complete it before them, you can kill the monster. All the best." Naruto said and Sirius gave him a confident look.

He knew heating and cooling water simultaneously is tough and could only be possible by wind or water combined. He can use water as well.

He also analysed how he is going to fight with 3 opponents here. First 2 being Gray and Natsu as they heat and cool their respective sides.

And the third being the monster itself. It pushes magic to keep the water to its liking and if he has to bet, it is going to be the toughest opponent for him.

He started water walking in the middle of the lake and reached the centre. He took a deep breath and stood still on the water and started using wind on one leg to cool and the other leg to heat.

He didn't reach far when a hot wave pushed the cold water he made backwards, filling the area with hot water. Soon the cold wave followed.

He remembered how his papa didn't say anything about using clones and made 4 clones. They all separated on the lake, taking 20% of the lake each and started to apply Wind.

Natsu and Gray observed this while Gray made an ice clone, it melted soon because of the hot water as he needed to concentrate on maintaining it and decided to try alone.

Natsu didn't know how to make a clone and didn't bother doing it as he tried his best to heat the cold water. He didn't have any fire to eat.

Sirius on the other hand is trying different methods to achieve success. As he can use water style, he tried using water style to get a grasp, but even his second-level mastery in water didn't give him any edge.

As soon as he filled the area with normal water, new water will be released from the cave, dispersing the normal water he achieved and all his effort goes to drain.

As this was going on, Naruto was busy with Happy as he wanted the feline to improve himself and doesn't want him to be on the sidelines any longer.

"So Happy, tell me what can you do," Naruto asked the fish eating cat.

"Um, eat fish," came Happy's plain reply.

"That's it?" Asked a confused Naruto. Sirius was Happy's age and he can do a lot of things and always thinks of bettering himself. Happy was different. He shook himself from his thoughts.

"Ok, Happy. You can fly, right?"

"Aye, sir!"

"Let's test your speed and how much you can lift," said Naruto and Happy didn't seem interested.

"How about this, if you lift me, I'll give you some tasty fish I caught on my travels," said Naruto, pulling a fish from his scroll for added effects.

"Fishy?" He asked in a dreamy tone and upon Naruto's nod, gave him a salute.

"Good. Now fly with me," said Naruto and started Happy's training. He knew the poor guy is not a fighting type, so he is going to improve his support role as much as possible.

Time Skip: 15 days later

It's been 15 days since Natsu, Gray, Sirius and Happy fell into their training and they were doing it well in Naruto's eyes.

The lake was large as it has water coming from the river which was fed by the Sea nearby if there is any shortage.

He is impressed by their determination and will. They all endured the harsh environment they were in to better themselves and for the gift they didn't know in the case of Natsu and Gray.

The lake is at least the size of the Lake Sciliora in Magnolia which was clearly divided into 3 columns because of the continuous efforts of Natsu, Gray and Sirius.

Happy was supplying them with all the necessary food and covers whenever needed and he improved his speed and strength a lot in his training.

Before Happy could only carry one and a half Natsu's while now he can carry at least 5 Natsu's without difficulty at high speed and invented some new attacks as well.

Naruto saw him hitting the rock mid-flight as if to break it and cracks started to appear on the poor thing from his observation.

Naruto also trained in these 15 days in which he mastered switching between his light colours easily and managed to understand the thing in his necklace after a very deep soul searching.

He was about to go deep into his meditation when he heard a loud crack and looked at the lake where all three of them are working.

The cave wall started to crack. He had to continuously supply magic to the monster in the cave to keep it locked in and not come out and it seems his supply of magic is not enough after all these days.

Or the monster is craving some flesh to eat and hunt. Either way, he is confident that his students can take care of it without much effort.

The crack fully opened, revealing a large crocodile-like monster with rows and rows upon sharp teeth and a hungry and raged look on its face.

Steam blared from its nose and hot water started to release while its body started to release cold water which bombarded Natsu, Gray and Sirius.

But Natsu, Gray and Sirius were not paying attention to the monster as they developed a method to stay concentrated and not lose their concentration when a wave of hot/cold water is released.

Naruto observed curiously as the monster released more and more water to overwhelm the three mages mistaking that it is its territory and it held the upper hand.

"Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh,"

"ICE MAKE: ICE FLOOR," yelled Gray, concentrating on changing the hot water around him into the sheet of ice. The monster watched curiously as if to mock the mage and laughed when he failed to turn his part into ice.

Gray tried again and this time, the results shocked the monster. As the lake was divided into 3 parts, Gray's and Natsu's part decreased to facilitate Sirius's part and shrank after that.

Next one to show results was Natsu who roared in confidence and started to vaporise the cold water he was in and the effect started to spread towards the boundary.

Sirius, who was concentrating was disturbed by the inflow of opposite water from both sides and decided to test his mastery as well.

"Wind Style: Cooling Current,"

"Water Style: Hot Spring," said each set of 2 clones of Sirius while the original in the middle started to take control the flow of water and cool the hot side while the hot water is used to heat the cold side.

How much he tried, he can't cool 2 sides at once with one element, even though his currents are cooling the hot water, cold water can't be boiled with it.

As the Wind can only penetrate the top layer of water and all the inside water remained cold only heated when the top layer was completely heated up.

So he devised a plan to use both Water style and Wind style to cool different sides of the pool, bringing the temperature to normal level and with the help of his clones, he succeeded.

'Well done, guys. The enemy you are training for is in front of you. Attack to terminate it,' Naruto slowly spoke into their minds through telepathy.

They didn't even open their eyes as if it could break their concentration and took control of the water under them with their magic.

Gray started to take in the coldness of the water and took a deep breath to calm himself and prepared his attack.

Natsu started to feel the heat of the water and took its help to create the fire inside him.

While Sirius observed the calmness of the water and started to create the storm that can exterminate the threat to the calmness, not disturbing the soothing calmness inside him.

"Ice-Make: Blizzard Wave," called Gray creating a large ice wave resembling a blizzard towards the monster.

"Fire Dragon's: Water Cannon," said Natsu, releasing a blistering fire towards the monster which started to travel on the surface of the water.

"Wind Style: Calming Storm," said Sirius, releasing a large wind attack with water droplets in it both on and under the water surface.

They started to travel at high speeds without disturbing the water in the middle while using the water as a medium towards a stunned monster.

It had an edge in the water as it can easily switch between hot and cold types easily and as the water is created by its magic, it wouldn't get harmed by it that much.

But now seeing the water in 3 parts with varying temperatures and as its inability to go through normal water and the sheer variety and intensity of attacks, it was frozen in fear, unable to move.

"Happy's Flying Rock," said Happy, throwing a large rock at full speed towards the monster which hit first and knocked it.

What followed next can be best described as an explosion of nature. Natsu's Fire and Sirius Wind complemented each other and fuelled each other.

While Sirius Underwater Current pushed the Ice blizzard Gray made and pushed the monster into the river water upstream, breaking the cave completely.

Natsu's and Sirius's combined attack vaporized anything it came into contact with, thus erasing the good chunk of the lake, which was filled with the calm water of the river after the monster was vaporized to dust.

"Well done, boys. Now open your eyes and see what you have achieved in the past 15 days," said Naruto and all three of them opened their eyes to be mesmerised.

As the cave was now gone, it gave way to the beautiful forests that surrounded the river and the water started to fill the vapourised part, only adding to its beauty.

"Congratulations, guys. You did it. You increased your mastery in your element and moved a step in mastering it," said Naruto clapping in appreciation.

"Now for your gifts," said Naruto, taking all of them out of the water and giving them a scroll each. They looked at it indifferently, not knowing what it was.

"Each of them holds your gifts. When you open them is your wish. Enjoy the day off," said Naruto, giving a scroll to Happy as food appeared in front of them.

They all ate with wide smiles as their achievement and results of hard work are still in front of them, not leaving them, mesmerising their minds.

And Cut

Don't forget to suggest to me the techniques of Mangekyou Sharingan you like Naruto to have and if they are good, they might be given to Naruto.

And with this, 3 abilities of Naruto's Mangekyou are selected. Only one ability remains which you can write to me and I'll select the most interesting one.

Tell me what you think in your comments or DM's. See you all in the next chapter.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Black Infinity 1289,

Ja Ne.

2