Chapter 55
843 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Ancient One didn’t seem to be lying. She had indeed used the Time Stone to observe the future. If there was any disaster in the future, she would also prepare in advance.

In fact, the Ancient One had already known about the event of the first appearance of Avengers in advance. She knew that Dr. Stephen Stranger would become Doctor Strange, who would be the most outstanding Sorcerer Supreme.

However, she had lost sight of the future since she saw Lu Yuan.

 

There was only one answer. The person sitting in front of her would definitely bring about changes in the future, and even many things had already changed.

From the moment Lu Yuan came into contact with other people, he had already started to make changes.

She wouldn’t be able to see the future unless Lu Yuan completely followed the plot and did not change anything.

But that was not his character.

The two fell silent again and just drank their tea in silence.

When the tea in the cup was almost drunk, Lu Yuan put down his teacup and appealed again: “The purpose of my coming is very simple. One is to see the Time Stone, and the other is to look at the collection of books here to see if I have a talent for magic.”

The Ancient One glanced at the cup of tea in Lu Yuan’s hand.

“Wow.”

The tea that he had finished reappeared out of nowhere. This was also a small trick of magic.

Lu Yuan did not care, he just looked into Ancient One’s eyes and waited for her answer.

Sponsored Content

 

The Ancient One looked physically weak. She seemed to be an ordinary woman.

However, the Ancient One’s strength was at the Heavenly Father level. She was on the same level as Asgard’s God-king Odin, and Thanos was no match for her.

According to the Marvel Universe’s background, as long as the Ancient One did not die, Thanos would not dare to come to Earth.

Of course, whether Thanos knew about the existence of the Ancient One was still a question.

Logically speaking, he shouldn’t know.

Perhaps he knew because of the Time Stone.

In short, Thanos only invaded Earth after Ancient One and Odin’s death.

Lu Yuan calculated in his heart that it would take him a few seconds to defeat Ancient One with his strength.

If it was a sneak attack, one punch was enough.

If they were to face each other head-on, it would be very troublesome for him to face Ancient One’s various spells. Lu Yuan’s strength was only on the physical side. It seemed that he had to learn magic if he wanted to defeat magic.

“What if I say no?” The Ancient One smirked. She was also looking into Lu Yuan’s eyes, and the two seemed to be at a stalemate.

Lu Yuan thought for a while, picked up the teacup again, and said: “Then I will go back, otherwise I can’t fight you, right? We are not enemies, and I don’t want to be enemies with you.”

The Ancient One had guarded the Earth for so many years, as long as Lu Yuan remembered that he used to be a human being on the Earth, then he had to accept this favor because he was still very close to Earth.

Whether it was the Earth or mankind, they owed the Ancient One a great debt of gratitude.

Without Ancient One’s protection, Earth would have been successfully invaded by Dormammu.

She established the three main sanctuaries and had maintained them until today.

Therefore, Lu Yuan would not have a conflict with Ancient One and he had no reason to attack her.

Hence, he was mentally prepared to go back after drinking this cup of tea.

At worst, he would have to wait until Stephen becomes Doctor Strange before coming back.

He believed that Doctor Strange would be easier to talk to than Ancient One.

The Ancient One shook his head and jokingly said, “I thought you would make a move. It’s too boring.”

Lu Yuan rolled his eyes. What was the meaning of this auntie who had lived for countless years?

“We are not young anymore. The life of fighting and killing is no longer suitable for us,” Lu Yuan pretended to sigh as if he was really old.

Although he had been asleep in the core of the sun for 100,000 years, it was precisely because he had been asleep that he had not grown mentally and he was still in the state before he fell asleep.

At that time, he was in his prime and his mentality was in his early thirties, not more than forty at most.

The Ancient One also shook her head with a dumbfounded smile, “I don’t think I am old.”

The two of them smiled. They could feel the aura of time on each other’s bodies, but both of them were still very young.

“I can agree to your request,” Suddenly, the Ancient One agreed to Lu Yuan’s request.

Lu Yuan was also a bit surprised: “Why?”

He was curious about why the Ancient One suddenly agreed so easily.

The Ancient One spoke the truth. “Because you didn’t plan to use force. This means that you’re not an enemy. You’ve also said that we’re not enemies. Since that’s the case, I’ll agree to it.”

“Do you really believe my side of the story?”

The Ancient One sighed: “The main reason is that I can’t beat you. I know that if you want, you can take away the Time Stone and all the magic books here.”

While saying that, the Ancient One took off a ring-like object from her hand.

It was called the Sling Ring. It was one of Kamar Taj’s important magic weapons. At the same time, it was also one of the best weapons in the entire Marvel Comic World.

The Ancient One had been secretly guarding against Lu Yuan. When Lu Yuan had thought that if he were to launch a sneak attack, he would be able to kill Ancient One in a few seconds, the exact time was an instant.

The Ancient One was also secretly calculating how many seconds would it take her to send Lu Yuan into the mirror space?

Its exact time was also an instant.

However, she was not confident that she could trap Lu Yuan for the rest of his life.

The mirror space, also called the mirror world, was similar to a space that was the opposite of the main space.

The world inside was exactly the same as the outside world, but without any living creatures.

Those trapped in it would never be able to escape without the door opened by the ring.

Theoretically, it was impossible to escape, but Lu Yuan was different. He had reached the realm of the fifth dimension, so naturally, he could come and go as he pleased.

Apart from that, the Sling ring could also open a portal to any location and even travel through the universe.

This was also the mystery of the Sling ring, and it was even said to be able to open a portal to other dimensions.

When Ancient One took off the Sling ring, she was showing her favor to Lu Yuan.

The atmosphere between the two of them eased even more. They looked at each other and smiled. They raised their teacups and gestured in the air, and then drank them like toast.

After that, Ancient One took the initiative to stand up and led Lu to a distance elsewhere in the courtyard.

As mentioned before, the courtyard of the Kamar Taj was very large. There were many buildings in the courtyard. Some were students’ dormitories, and there were also places for storing books.

At this moment, the Ancient One had brought Lu Yuan to the’ library’. What was stored inside should be the magic books that had been accumulated from all over the world.

The current librarian was not Wang, but another unfamiliar face.

In fact, it should be Wang’s turn to become the librarian after the death of the librarian in front of him.

The Ancient One led Lu Yuan to an altar instead of the books.

“This is the Eye of Agamotto, in which the Time Store is stored.”

The Ancient One said while turning her head to look at Lu Yuan.

In fact, this was a test. She did not say that there was a seal on the Eye of Agamotto, just to see what Lu Yuan would do next.

13