Chapter 31: Sephana
378 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Oh yes, where were we again? Right, let’s do a quick recollection, shall we~. 

Marcel got a makeover, Claude and Allan told Marcel about the dungeons, then when Marcel was going back to his room, he met a beautiful woman who then grabbed him and then she... 

Yes, she ran away with Marcel. The moment the woman confirmed that Marcel was indeed Marcel, she grabbed him and took him away with haste. Marcel was very surprised upon being grabbed like that and he thought that he was being kidnapped like the demon lord and Claude had warned him about. He hadn’t even taken a step out yet and he was already being kidnapped? What happened to his overly good luck? Did the universe suddenly abandon him or something? Marcel thought.  

Marcel continued to be carried by the beautiful woman until they came to a room that was at the part of the castle Marcel had still not being to yet. He made a mental note to explore all of the castle’s layout when he got back from his dungeon trip, that is if he’s able to get freed and go to the dungeon dimension then return safely. 

The woman continued to take him away until they arrived at a section of the castle that he hadn’t been to yet. The place that the woman stopped at looked like one of those rooms with a lot of stuff that Marcel hadn’t seen all in one place. In the room was a long cabinet to the left and right when one entered and under it was a sink and a magic-powered faucet. To the right of the room were a tall wooden cupboard, a few chairs, and another glass cupboard that Marcel could see the contents of, although the glass looked transparent. In the middle of the room was a bed with white sheeting and to the sides of the bed were side drawers.  

The woman entered the place with Marcel, then placed him on the bed. She then looked quietly at his face and then nodded repetitively. Afterward, for Marcel, came one of the worst things for a stranger you just met to do to you. Marcel... was molested by this unknown woman he just met. 

She took off his shirt, then touched his torso all over, then touched him all over his body, even his private parts, and Marcel let out moans that fairly, were distracting to the woman. She lost focus on what she was doing for a second and the urge to hear more built up inside of her. She wanted to tease Marcel a little longer and hear the oh so sweet moans he let out when he was touched in some very, um, ‘sensitive’ areas. She continued to tease Marcel for a while and then she came back to her senses and did what she was supposed to do instead, which, by the way, also involved touching Marcel as well until she was done. 

Marcel, after being probed all over by this unfamiliar woman he only just met, felt molested and defiled more so than the time when he had his overly physical session with the demon lord. He felt like crying, but he kept it bravely and still wondered who this perverted woman in front of him was.  

He stared at the woman with eyes that said, “Who the hell are you?” and the woman smiled and introduced herself.  

She introduced herself and then she told Marcel she was Letia or rather Claude’s older sister where Marcel screams in disbelief. She then takes a form like Claude’s female Letia form and Marcel accepts the fact. Marcel now says the resemblance and finally accepted it. He was blushing while asking her why she had groped him, and she answered, "A few days ago, the demon lord asked me to do a thorough examination on his fiancé Marcel, who also happens to you, to check if he was fine. You see, I'm a doctor." She answered Marcel's question and then she continued.

"You've got a very pretty face even by hero standards and your hair is also a pretty unusual color that suits you. If you weren't already taken, I'd have already claimed you for myself the moment I saw you. Such a shame. Oh, and from what I see so far, you're going to live for about seven hundred years or so and then you'll turn into one of the races of the demon realms after that if nothing too unexpected happens." She said to a Marcel who was being attention and then she felt that something wasn't right.

She then noticed Marcel’s oh so ragged appearance and then asked Marcel to sit on the side of the bed. Marcel, still unhappy about being mol-, examined, didn’t want to, but the woman cracked her knuckles and Marcel felt like if he didn’t, what he just experienced might be the least unpleasant thing to happen to him. He sat on the side of the bed obediently and the woman climbed unto the other side of the bed, approaching his back. Marcel braced himself for something bad when he felt Sephana pull his hair backward and then literally conjure up a comb and began brushing Marcel’s hair. This action left Marcel shocked and confused the most he’d been in a long while. 

She continued combing Marcel’s hair and then began talking.  

“Ah~ heroes. One of the best races among the many races that we already know. They’re well known for their immense capabilities in magic and physical combat. They also have the ability of unlimited growth that gives them the ability to grow stronger as long as they possess the will to be strong...” Sephana talked as if she was giving Marcel a trivia lesson, but this was information Marcel didn’t know anything of, so he listened as carefully as he could. 

“Heroes are also known for their very ‘uniquely persistent’ behavior. When it comes to someone that they want, they turn into predators who chase their love interests with everything they’ve got to the point of it being terrifying. Another problem with the heroes is that they’re all incredibly handsome, making them also the breakers of many hearts, both men and women alike since normal folk are normally not the targets of their love. They mostly get involved with incredibly strong beings. They’re mostly the spouses of rulers, guardians, and highly influential people across the multiple realms. Even I admit that they’re a hero or two who are currently after me as we speak and trust me, they never give up until you decide to give in. It’s been millions of years and some who proposed to me in the beginning when they first arrived here still do so even now. That’s how persistent they are...” Marcel, after hearing ‘millions of years’, wanted to ask Sephana how old she was, but considering that the demon lord has been there since the very beginning of when the first heroes from his world arrived, it’s probably best to perish his thought that formed in his head. This is probably going to be the usual in the demon realms, so he should get used to it. After all, he’s going to live for 700 years, long enough for on to start an empire and then see it flourish before he dies, then he’ll be reborn and then live for who knows how many millions of years. Just the thought of it was starting to feel exhausting and Marcel began wondering if this was how his predecessors felt when they found out how long they were going to live for. And sometimes it doesn’t end after just having one life as Marcel would find out in the future. 

“Oh, I heard from Claude that you were forced to make a very big decision because of our oh-so-reckless demon lord. I’m very sorry to hear that, but that’s just something that you should get used to as well. Heroes are also known for their many different appearances as well, so you were probably not going to keep your old appearance past 300 years. Something would probably happen to cause the Spirit of the World to get your consent to change your appearance. That’s just how it is so it’d be for the best if you saw this as preparations for another one in the future. You look very good by the way.” She said, and Marcel felt like thanking her for the compliment, then he realized that he was taking everything that has happened to him so far way too easily. This person straight up molested him and saying thanks to your molester is something most people wouldn’t do, even if they were molested to save their life.   

“Well, you know. I feel better than I thought I would feel when I first lost my appearance. This appearance and body feel much more convenient and useful. For one, my physical strength has increased to a monstrous level, my magic feels even better than before. I can learn things much faster than I could in my old form and the most important, I can feel that the air is much fresher than it did in my old form, which I very much like. It’s the best feeling in the world to wake up early in the morning and then take a deep breath and feel all the magic in the air.” Marcel sounded so excited as he described what he meant while he also elaborated by breathing in and then out, looking calm and relaxed. 

“The convenient and useful part of your appearance? Could you tell me? You only mentioned so far how useful and convenient your body is but not your appearance.” Sephana said. 

“Oh, it’s just that for some reason, whenever I focus on something, my maids look at me with smiling faces and then they give me more than I can eat later. I feel like Allan and Claude seem also more relaxed around me than they used to be ever since I got my appearance that day, or is it just me? Another one-” He was stopped by Sephana before he could mention all the other good things that came with having his current face. At that moment, Sephana thought, “Yeah, that’s probably because you look like a holy being that fell from heaven to the earth. Holy and innocent. Indeed, what a shame.”  

"So, how’s the demon lord treating you? Is he treating you well?” She asked. 

“Yeah, it’s okay. I’m perfectly fine.” Marcel answered. 

“I see. Isn’t the demon lord’s aura too overbearing though?” She asked. Marcel looked at her with an expression of ignorance about what Sephana was talking about and answered, “What aura? The demon lord’s just a handsome jerk who makes fun of me but is kind and acts less of a jerk when it’s convenient for him.” Marcel answered with a smile. This answer of Marcel’s made Sephana very confused. She felt that Marcel’s answer wasn’t quite right. 

Since Marcel’s answer didn’t feel right to her, she asked Marcel to reaffirm his answer what he thought Marcel’s answer meant, “Can’t you feel any aura from the demon lord?” 

Marcel thought about her question for a bit and then shook his head and said no. She studied Marcel’s demeanor and found out that he wasn’t lying. Did she just hear what she thought she heard? Sephana continued combing Marcel’s hair as if nothing was wrong. She thought that she had misheard and that her truth reading skills were on the fritz and so, she continued combing Marcel’s hair. 

Marcel heard a snipping sound from the back of his head where Sephana was. What happened after the snipping sound was him feeling that his hair was being raised from underneath and then Sephana said, “Oh~. It looks like the Spirit of the World is quite fond of you to control your appearance to this extent. The hair I just snipped of regrew just as fast as I cut it off. She must want you to look pure, innocent, and delicate. How pushy of her.” Marcel could sense from the slight anger in Sephana’s voice that he might have a beef with the Spirit of the World. He wondered after just how many people that being called the Spirit of the World had managed to wrong.  

Sephana began talking about the demon lord. She asked him, “It must be hard for you to be with someone with a natural charming effect that even heroes can’t resist for long like the demon lord. Marcel said, “Uh, what?” as if he had no idea what she was talking about. Sephana then stopped combing his hair. 

Sephana then began explaining that the demon lord’s aura to normal people has a charming effect. Only a few people can resist the full charms that only his aura exudes, and that Marcel must be special. She asked him again if he truly couldn’t feel the demon lord’s aura and Marcel said that he hasn’t felt anything like that since that day he first arrived here, the day when his body reacted to the demon lord’s fiery eyes. Apart from that time, he’s very sure that he knows nothing about the demon lord’s aura or anyone else’s aura for that matter. He knew how to generate a thin layer of fire magic around his body to keep himself warm which also happens to be called aura. It's not like the aura of someone’s presence that Sephana’s talking about. She also understood why the demon lord chose this somewhat pure hero, but it’s pretty disturbing that he can’t perceive the demon lord’s aura. Marcel might truly be the perfect match for the demon lord. 

Sephana, after learning of Marcel’s handicap, wanted to investigate if he was just lying or not. Aura is felt instinctually, so if she lets out extremely overwhelming aura, Marcel might pick up on it and maybe flinch or do something different from his current calm and nonchalant demeanor. She let her aura come out and to her surprise, Marcel was still calm and nonchalant. She then asked Marcel if he felt anything different in the room and he answered, “No, but should I be something different?” and Sephana’s face is filled with dread. She couldn’t believe it but there was a hero that was blind to aura. This is the first she’s met such an individual. Aura is how one knows how people are feeling without them saying a word. Whether demon or not, aura is naturally and instinctively felt by people whenever someone close to them releases it into the air. They perceive it then try to figure out which cause of action. Aura for some demons is something used to perceive, emotions, magic, and most importantly, danger. If Marcel can’t perceive the auras that people exude, then he’ll never know if he says something that offends if they don’t show that they’re offended, which is very, very bad. She then put the comb and scissor she used away, then got off the bed to go call someone who could probably explain Marcel’s situation to her better than she already understands. She telepathically calls her brother, Claude.  

“Brother, did you know that the demon lord’s hero is blind to aura? What’s up with that? Can you explain in detail for me what’s up with Marcel?” 

“Yes, sis. Marcel’s completely blind to aura. Imagine how I felt when I found out. Sure, he can feel all magic inside of his body, but he can’t feel any of the aura’s one instinctively generates, even his own, so he’s completely hopeless when it comes to aura. It’s probably a disability that the Spirit of the World gave him when he was born to maintain his presence as a pure and naïve flower. This disability is probably something that he doesn’t even realize so let’s just leave it at that.” 

“Oh, so that explains why his aura is so unblemished. It has to do with not being affected by other people’s aura and emotions. If it truly is so, then I worry for the people who’ll have feelings for this blind hero in the future. He’s way too pure and naïve that even his magic power is the same as he is. How unfortunate. Thanks, brother. This conversation helped clarify things for me. Call me more often, okay? Your sister feels way too lonely if you don’t call her ever occasionally.” 

“Huh, you wish. I call you every single day and you still aren’t satisfied with that. On top of that, we’re in the same place and you meet me almost every time you come back. Who’d want to call a pestering older sister like you to get even more pestered? Oh, I almost forgot. Regarding Marcel, a while ago right after he arrived here, something happened between him and his majesty. You can probably guess what, and the demon lord left a bit of his magic inside of Marcel, but the strange thing was that the magic strangely got absorbed by Marcel’s body and there was no residual energy left, but Marcel’s magic stayed the same as before, although he did complain that his magic wasn’t working like it usually did after a while. It’s also very strange that even though we altered his appearance and aura with the demon lord’s magic, he still shows no signs of having his aura or magic qualities containing traits of the magic from the ritual a month ago that changed his body into more like a demon's. His pure aura got even stronger after the whole ceremony was over and all of it was renewed and the demon lord’s magic was as if devoured by Marcel’s to strengthen his own. Unusual, right? But that’s not the only mystery about Marcel.” Claude said and then he cut his sister off, leaving his sister curious and wanting more information. She tried calling again but he just wouldn’t answer her calls, so she just gave up and went back to the living piece of information who was still silently waiting for her while she stayed mute. 

Sephana then went back to Marcel, carrying some advice for the future, “Marcel, pay extra attention to people’s expressions in the future, or else you might end up getting in big trouble, okay?” She said seriously. Marcel nodded and then she shoved Marcel out of her workstation and then she told him, “Come visit again if you feel like something is wrong with your body. I’ll fix you right up.” She said with a smile. Marcel looked back at her with an expression that said, “I’ll probably never come back here again” and a smile, then he left the premises back for his room with the help of the formless spirits. Oh, how Sephana would flip if she knew that he could see the formless spirits that even she had to gain exclusive rights from the Earth Mother to do so, but for now, let's just have her keep her already busy brain back into order before she does find out. 

 

When Marcel found his way back to his part of the demon lord’s castle with help of the spirits, he met his three maids who were worried as they hadn’t seen him for more than two hours, meaning that he was either kidnapped or was lost. The women were panicking over what to do and say to the demon lord if Marcel was kidnapped and were about to prepare for the worst-case scenario when Marcel arrived just in time to save their skins. They were probably going to send their final wills to the demon lord, then kill themselves for losing his oh-so-precious wife if Marcel hadn’t come back when he had. It’s scary how a simple decision to go see his friend would have ended up taking the lives of three women if he had been missing for a few more hours. 

The maids questioned Marcel about where he’d been for the last two hours and he explained that he went to see Allan and then got kidnapped by a certain lady who might be a secret be a master molester.  

“Who’s this secret lady that kidnapped you?! Do you by any chance know her name?!” The three maids asked Marcel in anger. Marcel nodded and said, “Yeah, her name is Sephana.”  

The moment Marcel mentioned the name ‘Sephana’, the women’s expressions full of anger over what to do to this woman who kidnapped their young master was replaced with an expression full of dread and fear. 

“S-Se-Sephana?!” The first maid said, with a frightened expression and impaired speech.  

“Wait, young master. Did you just say Miss Sephana was the one who kidnapped you? How frightening!” The second maid said, frightened the same as the first maid.  

“Yes. Frightening indeed. Did she do something to you, young master?” The third maid asked. She was frightened as the other two maids, but she was still a professional, so she prioritized her master instead of the overwhelming fear that formed in her very soul upon hearing the name Sephana being mentioned by Marcel. 

“No, not really. She just examined me and then said that I was fine, then she let me go.” Marcel half lied and half said the truth. He watched his maids shiver in fear and wondered what it is about Sephana that caused only the mentioning of her name to strike such immense fear in them, so he asked. 

“You’re new here, so you don’t know about the famous Chosen Ones yet. Sephana, like Claude, is also a Chosen One and she’s scary.” The second maid said. 

“Mm-hmm. You’ve only been inside this castle the whole time, so you haven’t been out to hear about the different Chosen Ones. They all have multiple titles, but the one with the most titles is probably Sephana.” The first maid said. 

“Yes, the Titled Witch, the Ruler of life and death, the War doctor, the Supreme Necromancer. There are many titles dedicated to this one person. She’s very scary. She’s an outstanding doctor who can heal almost any injuries and ailments, she’s capable of reviving the death if someone’s willing to pay the right price, she’s also one of the only people across multiple worlds who weren’t born a witch but have gained the title of Witch. She’s also a hybrid as well, one of the most powerful existences across multiple worlds and the other half to the Master of Teleportation and one of the only beings who stand at the top of the world. That woman is extremely scary.” The third maid explained. Shivers ran down Marcel’s spine upon hearing what his maid said. 

“Yes, young master. No matter what you do, never piss her off. Never disobey her either since even your predecessors as powerful as they are, wouldn’t dare do so without the right justification. That’s how incredible and scary Miss Sephana is. She’s even scarier than the Master of Teleportation.” The second maid said seriously to Marcel with a pleading gesture. 

“Master, you must be hungry. We’ll go get you some food... Oh, and please, the next time you know that you’re being kidnapped or something, please tell us, so that we can come and rescue you. As your maids, your safety is our top priority. We don’t think that we could face the demon lord if we failed you.” The third maid said, and all three maids left together. They came back with a sumptuous meal for Marcel as usual, which he then ate, and afterward, he went back to his treasure trove to get and put a few things back. After all, what’s the point of being overly cautious when the universe will save you when you’re in truly? The hero’s luck reigns supreme. 

3