Chapter 32: Dave
420 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s finally the day for Marcel to venture out into the world that’s far larger than he’ll expect it to be.  

Marcel was fully prepared and was wearing soft armors and a practical attire that was far more effective in protecting him that layers of his old heavy armor could. Claude was wearing his usual attire and Allan had a thin bodysuit he made himself and a protective cloak on. It was finally time to leave for the dungeon, but before they did, Claude had to go over a few things with Marcel. 

“Okay, so let’s go over what will happen the moment you step outside of this castle. One, your presence as Marcel will be fully cloaked and nobody who hasn’t already seen or knows about your new self will recognize you. You’ll essentially become any person whom you choose to be the moment you leave this castle. It’ll take a few years before people spot the similarity between you and the person you create, but it’ll be fine for now. Two, outside this castle, there will be four guards to escort us on our journey into the dungeon, although nothing too dangerous might happen inside the dungeon. A certain someone was worrying so much that he just had some of his best guards disguise themselves to go and protect you in the dungeon if you come across any real danger. These people have lowered their power to a similar rank as yours so, you’ll have no problem adventuring like normal. They won’t help you too much until it’s absolutely necessary. The third is that since you haven’t been to the city before, except for the time when I brought you here, you’ll get to do so a while until it’s time to go to the dungeon. It’s still early morning so it’s the perfect time to go out and not be swarmed by the crowd.” Claude stated the rules to Marcel who was too excited to pay full attention to what Claude was saying. He only processed new identity, guards, and city, which are probably the exact things that he should remember. 

“Okay, okay. Let’s leave Claude. I’ve waited for so long, so I think you can any additional rules you want to talk about later. Any additional rules can wait until we reach the dungeon.” Marcel said excited, then he began drawing Allan along with him to the door with the nearest exit route outside the castle. He also remembered a bit about the route he took before he ended up inside the throne room where he was made to cross a certain line that he can’t uncross ever again. He’d also done a bit of exploring with the help of the spirits. In just a few days' time, he’s managed to familiarize himself with the layout of the castle and made mental notes for himself of where to and not to visit, especially a certain perverted doctor’s workstation. He and Allan were walking towards the exit when he was instantly teleported into the room where it all happened, the throne room. 

Marcel found himself in the throne room after the sudden teleportation. There sat the demon lord in his regal throne in his oh so showy attire, carrying a melancholic expression. Marcel thought, “Well that’s a different expression from the usual.” After all, he hadn’t seen the melancholic expression of the demon lord before.  

The moment the demon lord noticed that Marcel had arrived, the melancholic expression on his face turned into a beaming smile that if Marcel could see and feel other people’s aura, he might instantly fall in love, but it did have some effect nonetheless even without aura to enhance it since Marcel blushed as he looked away from the demon lord. 

“Oh, you’ve arrived. I was just thinking of you and then you suddenly teleport to me. It’s like you’ve heard my wish and answered to my thoughts.” Yes, that’s exactly what it is. It’s one of the abilities that even he doesn’t know of. He wishes for something and then he uses his magic to grant it. That’s how it works. 

“No, I didn’t hear your thoughts. You’re capable of teleporting me to you with only a thought. How intimidatingly powerful you are, oh powerful demon lord.” Marcel said sarcastically as he was angered that his trip for the dungeon, even after the long wait, was still being interrupted by someone else, and it just had to be the demon lord. 

“So, what do you want, oh powerful demon lord? You summoned me right, so state your business.” Marcel said. He was probably the only person who would talk to the demon lord being as powerful as he is in such a bossy manner. The demon lord didn’t take any offense too whenever Marcel did so, he just sat in his throne looking at Marcel who was behaving like a cat interrupted in the middle of a meal, and then he answered the question. 

 “There’s something that I thought you’d need if you want to go to the dungeon...” the demon lord said and then got up from his throne and walked toward Marcel. When he got to him, he stopped, then grabbed Marcel’s left hand while using his right to pull something out of his spatial storage space. He took out a ring and then he put it on Marcel’s left ring finger. 

Wh-Wha-Wha-Wha- What are you doing?” Marcel said flustered. 

“Isn’t it obvious? I’m putting a ring on your finger.” He answered in his usual nonchalant tone when speaking to Marcel, then continued to slip the ring unto Marcel’s finger. 

“Yeah, I can see that, but may I know why you’re putting it on me?” He said, still flustered as he thought that the demon lord putting the ring on his finger meant what he thought until he heard the demon lord’s answer that left him feeling embarrassed. 

“It’s a spatial communicator. I’ve modified it a bit, so now it not only works as a spatial device for telepathy but also allows you to use any of the telecircles in the different words without paying for it. You’ll need it if you want to visit the dungeon and other words.” The demon lord answered Marcel’s question, excited to tell Marcel all about the ring, but noticing Marcel’s expression become even more embarrassed, he finally understood. Marcel was thinking about something else when he put the ring on his finger. 

“Don’t be embarrassed that this isn’t an engagement ring. I promise you that the day you sincerely accept me and not just because of some deal I tricked you into making without you knowing about how long you were going to live for and also you accepting the deal because you thought, ‘who’d want to marry a fifty-six-year-old man’, and then finding out that fifty-six years is very young here in the demon realms. On the day that you’re finally ready to do that, I’ll give you an even better ring than this one, so for now, hold on to this one until that day comes.” The demon lord said with a smile that made Marcel unable to stop blushing, thus he turned his face away after receiving the ring and after he heard everything the demon lord blatantly said, he remembered that day the demon lord mentioned in so vivid details and then he felt angry for having been tricked that time again, he also clearly remembered that on the day of the big party that the demon lord held, he also agreed to the demon lord’s proposal and told him to ditch the forty-year time limit, but from the demon lord’s words, it seems that he’s waiting for something else from him. Marcel then began leaving afterward, wondering what it is that the demon lord was waiting for.  

As he was leaving, the demon lord said, “You can also think of this ring as your pre-engagement ring too if you want to. Bye, little hero~.” Great. The demon lord just had to say ‘little hero’ that can be interpreted in many ways. Marcel took it as being naïve and inexperienced, which made him boil with anger at the thought of the demon lord thinking that he was some naïve kid who got flustered just because he got a ring, which is exactly what he is, but telling him to his face is something he didn’t like. He jotted down another mental note to kill the guy who made him so embarrassed before he turns fifty-six. And so, the demon lord made Marcel, the naïve and inexperienced boy who’d already forgotten about his first mission to take up another mission; to kill the demon lord to save himself from losing more than just two of his first times and a lot of brain cells. Whether or not he forgets about it like his first mission is up to him and him alone. Marcel then went back to join Allan and Claude who were waiting for him at the main corridor leading out of the castle. They then walked together until they approached the two guards guarding the somewhat existent but not so existent gate and on Claude’s command, they opened the gate and out of the castle they were. 

Marcel, Claude, and Allan walked across the path leading into town, and in about five minutes, they entered the town. It was like a whole new world for Marcel the moment his eyes met it.  

Marcel saw everything that he couldn’t see before the first time Claude brought him in. With his new and crystal-clear eyes, he saw what one would call the town’s true form. He saw both the visible and invisible sides of the town that he hadn’t before. He saw the common beastmen folk, the race that he’d seen the most so far. Some of the demon lord’s Chosen One’s, which is technically everyone who works in the demon lord’s castle, are beastmen. They’re mostly guards and attendants who come in and out of the castle so Marcel had seen them a lot over the past few months that he’s been in the castle. He also saw a bit of the elf race as well, although they weren’t forest elves. They looked different in appearance from the forest elves except being just as stunning as the forest elves were. Some of the elves that came to the castle of the demon lord had light blue hair, green hair, red hair and many other colors that Marcel didn’t even know belonged to the elven race, and it was the same outside the demon lord’s castle. The elves were also in town and so were the dwarves, the cute goblin race, the fairies that were visible, and also those who weren’t, although that’s thanks to his new pair of eyes. 

Marcel also saw a few other horned races that he didn’t know of. They had long protruding red horns, brown skin with glowing red lines that seemed like they were alive and their fiery red hair, and also their clothes looked like they were actually on fire. They weren’t exactly visible to anyone else other than Marcel and had no idea that they could be seen either, so they frolicked around as they pleased. Along this fiery race on the other side of the world that was invisible to most people were spirits, and a lot of them. They were everywhere, covering everything and moving around as they pleased just like the fiery race. There were the formless ones that covered almost everything and then the fiery race and other spirits with different forms and sizes. 

Marcel was excited to see everything again with his new eyes that he began moving around to see the different things that caught his interest, like a child who’s seeing everything for the first time, which he was to some extent. He continued to move around and asked Claude about anything that he didn’t know of. He moved around and watched as the town came into full swing. Coming early to see the town in full swing was worth it, thought Claude as he watched Marcel move about. 

“Marcel... it’s time to leave now. The guards said that they’ve already arrived and are waiting for us at the telecircle. We shouldn’t keep them waiting for long.” Claude said to a roaming Marcel. Allan then went ahead to go join the guards after Claude had told Marcel that they were waiting.  

After Marcel had stopped frolicking around, he came back to Claude and said, “I’ve decided. It’s Dave.”  

“What’s Dave?” Claude asked, not understanding what Marcel meant. 

“My new identity. My new adventuring name will be Dave. It’s easy to remember. It sounds common and plain and it also feels right for someone who isn’t trying to draw too much attention. Like me.” Marcel said. 

“Dave, Dave. Well, Dave might actually work. It sounds simple and far off from Marcel. Dave will indeed work just fine.” Claude said, then continued, “... since you’ve decided on your name, tell your Informer. It’ll notify the Spirit of the World and she’ll create your new identity based on that. The moment she does that, Marcel and Dave will officially become two different people. One being the demon lord’s wife and the other a rookie hero.” Claude said and Marcel nodded. He then stepped into his own world with his Informer and told it the name he thought up. After a few minutes, the Informer with the demon lord’s whispering voice notified Marcel of the Spirit of the World’s creation of his new identity. 

<< Notice: Hero ‘Marcel’ from the human world, Vysdor, has been granted a new identity by the World’s Administrator and has become the new hero, ‘Dave’ from the human world, Ixapha. The title of ‘Demon Lord’s Wife’ now solely belongs to the identity of ‘Marcel’. Switching to identity ‘Dave’ as of now.  

Switch complete. System has now the identity setting to ‘Dave’. Uploading backstory of identity ‘Dave’ from World Administrator to Informer now. 

Complete. Now transmitting information on identity ‘Dave’ backstory from the world of Ixapha to you.  

Complete. Informer rebooting. Memories of identity ‘Dave’ will now be transmitted to your memories. Memory upload begins in 10 seconds. 

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0. Upload complete. Rebooting the psyche of individual ‘Marcel’. 

Mission Complete. Good luck, master. >> 

The Informer said and afterward, Marcel felt a bit tipsy and then blacked out. In about 10 seconds after that, memories flooded his mind like a gushing river and they felt so real that Marcel thought that his identity of ‘Dave’ was alive. 

According to the memories, Dave is the son of a noble banished from the kingdom of Trieset in the world of Ixapha. He lived with his single father, Gregor, who had been abandoned by his wife when he was banished in the neighboring kingdom of Keiser. His wife sent the 3-year-old child they had together at the time to him after she’d confirmed that her formal husband had crossed the country's borders along with a note that she never liked him anyway, crushing Gregor’s heart as a result. He despaired for a while but then he snapped out of it since he had a son to take care of. He found a place to settle down inside the new kingdom and Gregor being the musclehead that he is, built a mansion all by himself in a short span of weeks after choosing where to put it all by himself. He then moved in with his son, Dave, and they lived a relatively happy life. 12 years after that, Gregor became a master architect in the kingdom of Keiser with the knowledge he got from building several random mansions based on the designs he drew and he soon got the recognition of Keiser’s king, Oscar Keiser.  

With the king’s recognition, Gregor became a master architect and soon earned himself the title of Baron in the kingdom of Keiser through his various masterpieces. Gregor and Dave had a good relationship even though they had started drifting apart from each other since Gregor traveled across the kingdom almost all the time and never really stayed home for long to spend some time with Dave and Dave was completely fine with that until he came. Yes, the person that Dave calls homewrecker, and the most annoying part of it is that it’s not even a she. It’s a he. 

Yes, while Gregor was traveling across the land, he met Clyde, another single man who had a son just like Gregor. He was a commoner merchant and his wife died after giving birth to their son, Wilbert. The two met and soon fell in love with each other. They then decided that they’d tell their sons about their relationship over a special dinner that they planned to have in a month after, but what was supposed to happen didn’t turn out exactly as they’d hoped. The day of the dinner came and Clyde and Wilbert arrived in Gregor and Dave’s house. The dinner began and the two told about their sons their relationships. Dave obviously refused to believe that his father was seeing someone again after what he’d called the most devastating pain multiple times after he was banished and received the note and Dave.  

Dave remembered that moment so vividly that he wasn’t sure if he would ever disappear from his mind. His father sat there, crying, looking completely despaired and heartbroken. After all, he was the most loving husband his wife would probably ever have, but she murdered another noble and framed her husband for it, all because she wanted to leave him for the kingdom of Trieset’s fifth prince in a way that would guarantee her total independence from her husband, and she’s probably never heard of separation, so she devised a plan to murder someone important inside her husband’s study, hide the body there and then frame him for it. It was a perfect crime and it ended up exactly as she’d wanted. She didn’t want him to die for her crime though, so she convinced the prince to help her get her husband a banishment sentence and that also worked out for her as well. Gregor ended up banished, she found her son a nuisance to her new relationship and so, she sent him to her husband soon after and a happily ever after she got. This, Gregor, found out in a second letter that she sent him about a month after he’d been banished. It made Gregor feel so heartbroken. Even though Dave couldn’t understand it at the time, he still knew that his father wasn’t okay and so he did his best to give his father something to continue living for at the time, once again, even though he was still too young to understand. His father threw the letter away after reading it thoroughly multiple times and Dave picked it up and saved it for when he’d be old enough to understand. When he turned 12, he did indeed understand the contents of the later and what it had done to his father, and he was never going to let his father experience that again, even if it was with a hot young man who seemed pure at first glance. Never again. 

Dave firmly rejected his father’s decision to be with Clyde and they both ended up on bad terms because of it. Wilbert however, already knew of Gregor and his father’s relationship since his father kept on mentioning Gregor without end and bore all the symptoms of a young girl in love. He had waited patiently until his father was ready to tell him, so he had no problems accepting it at all. After all, he was someone who’d lived with his incredibly dense father who was but eye candy to many people and never really seemed to be interested in romance that much, well, until Gregor came to their house and started spicing up the dense eye candy’s romance life. 

Since Dave firmly rejected the idea of his father being together with someone else after what his backstabbing mother had done to him, he made his feelings heard. Clyde, upon hearing how much Dave disliked his father being in a relationship, he decided to have a cooldown period with Gregor and said that he would wait until Dave was okay with him and Gregor being in a relationship before the cooldown period would end.  

Gregor was devastated once again by his lover suddenly deciding to press the pause button on their relationship, so he began drinking and it soon got out of hand. Clyde during that time, didn’t inquire about the whereabouts of his lover and was patiently waiting for Dave to come and look for him so that they would settle some things, and oh, did he wait. He waited for days, but Dave would still not come. Weeks passed after, then months and before he knew it, almost a year had passed and he decided to go visit Gregor’s home to see what was delaying Dave and Gregor. Luckily, he made it just in time, or else something irreversible would have happened to both Dave and Gregor. 

When Clyde entered the house, the whole place smelled of alcohol. The mansion was unkempt and the whole place was a mess. After walking through the empty halls of Gregor’s mansion for a very long time, he found streaks of blood spread around the living room, leading to the study and then a guest room in the farthest parts of the mansion. He made it in time to that room before that happened. 

After following the streaks of blood to the guestroom, he found his lover, Gregor holding the head of his son into a wall and his son, Dave was already unconscious, although Gregor didn’t show any signs of stopping. He was drunk and smell horrible and for the most important part, he was crying and shouting to his unconscious son who was bleeding everywhere. Gregor seemed like he was on the verge of breaking, or maybe he had already been broken from the pain of pausing his relationship with Clyde. He thought that Clyde had left him for good, just like his wife had and asked his unconscious son why he couldn’t just be happy for him when he found the best thing to ever happen to him. He asked similar questions like that while he smashed his unconscious son’s head into the wall, crying and screaming at the same time. He looked insane to Clyde and Clyde knew that if he didn’t stop his lover, he might end up at the point of no return, and there wouldn’t be anything in the world that would it.  

Clyde, after watching for a while, rushed towards Gregor and flung him away from Dave and into a wall with some wind magic, then he asked Gregor what he was doing. Gregor, the moment he heard Clyde shout at him, came back to his senses and saw that he had done. He felt so much regret over what he’d done to his son that he felt like his relationship with Dave was completely over.  

Clyde, after shouting at his lover who’d had too many drinks and somehow still managed to stay both intoxicated and overly emotional even a few months after Clyde had technically paused their relationship which he thought was a real break-up, hurriedly rushed to Dave and used the best light-based healing spell he had on him. He tried his best to heal Dave of all the injuries he’d accumulated over the few months that’d he’d been violently abused by his almost-on-the-verge-of-breaking father. He continued to heal Dave nonstop for five whole days as he felt like everything that had happened was his fault. He thought that Gregor would mope and be depressed for a couple of days, then Dave would feel bad after rejecting his father’s decision and come ask him to be with his father again, not Gregor drinking for a few months, then having an emotional breakdown which he would then take out on his son. Honestly, he never meant for any of what happened to happen. He looked at his almost broken lover and his unconscious son who’d been abused by his son and thought of how he could have handled the matter in a better manner. If he’d been clearer to Gregor about where they stood in their relationship and not only said that they were pausing their relationship for a while, maybe things would have turned out better. This thought went through Clyde’s mind until Dave woke up again a week after that.  

When Dave woke up, he instantly gave his father and Clyde his blessing. He told Clyde to be more careful with his words in the future as his father was a bit sensitive when it came to words that make one assume that their relationship is over, like ‘taking a pause’. Clyde then promised Dave that he would and everything seemed fine on that front, well, until Clyde left Gregor and Dave alone and it got all awkward. They both didn’t know what to say to each other, and so they didn’t. They just looked at each other, Gregor with an expression of regret for his actions and worry for Dave and Dave, a blank expression as he didn’t want to feel anything at that moment. If he let himself feel something, he might probably say something he was going to regret and that wasn’t something the current situation needed, so he looked at his father’s face and tried his best to forget all the bad things that had happened over the past few months. Clyde was right. He made it just in time before the point of no return. If Clyde hadn’t come when he did, one of two things would have happened. 

  1. Gregor would have kept hitting Clyde’s head to the wall, leading to the concussion that he’d already acquired to take a serious turn that, best-case scenario, he would have survived but would procure injuries that human healing magic wouldn’t be able to do anything and the worst-case scenario, Dave would be dead already. 
  1. Gregor would go completely insane and kill Dave himself and then turn into a killing machine that would probably go find Clyde and end him as well as he’d think that Clyde was extremely cruel to him like his wife had been. 

A few more months of staying in bed and Dave healed completely. Clyde had already decided to go through with his plans to move in with his son to Gregor’s when he came across Dave who had begun packing right after healing. He asked Dave where he was going to and Dave was hesitant but, in the end, he told Clyde the truth. He was leaving since he doesn’t think that he and his father can maintain their relationship anymore. He was going to leave for one of the mansions that his father has all over the kingdom and then try to think about how to forgive his father. In a few years, he’d come back and see if he can reconcile with his father. If he can’t, then it really is over between them. He would then spend the rest of his life alone without his father and try to live a good life in his own way.  

When Clyde heard Dave’s answer, he felt like he’d really done it. He’d wrecked a family with just an introduction at a family dinner. What a sinful man he is. That’s about how Clyde felt. He then thought of another plan right after. After all, he’s the one who wrecked the family simply by just appearing, so he has to find a way to fix it. He thought for a while and came with a suggestion to Dave. He told Dave to stay for a year until he was 17. If he still can’t see his father’s face by then, then he can do whatever it is he wished, but if he felt something, just a little bit for his father just as he did before he barged into their lives, then he’d ask Dave to decide whether he stays or doesn’t. Dave didn’t want to accept the proposal and leave right away as to not cause problems between his father’s lover and himself, but Clyde was way too persistent. He kept on pushing until Dave agreed to the year-long proposal. He looked so happy when Dave accepted the proposal and so, Dave thought that it might not be so bad. He stopped packing and started putting everything back and when it was time for dinner, Clyde called for him.  

When Clyde called him to come to eat dinner, Dave answered, saying that he was on his way, but then when Dave opened the door, something happened. That conversation between Clyde and Dave would be the last time anyone ever saw of Dave. After all, Dave was a special individual that he himself didn’t know of. The rifts had taken him and where he’d land is right in the middle of a dungeon... 

And so, the memories of Dave’s backstory ended. Marcel was perplexed as he didn’t know what to feel. He wasn’t sure if Dave was just an identity, so he turned to his Informer to ask it, and it answered. 

<< Answer: Wrong. Identity ‘Dave’ isn’t a fabrication. He was an actual person and a hero at that. It can also be said that he was probably the unluckiest hero ever.  

The moment he was teleported from Ixapha to the dungeon, the luck system automatically dropped his original luck to about forty percent. That was more than enough to survive for normal heroes but Dave was nowhere even close to normal hero standards or even Marcel’s strength. He hadn’t done much physical work in his life. Sure, his father was a musclehead, but that didn’t mean that he was too. He was very lacking in physical capabilities, and not just that, Dave’s only specialty in magic was water magic, and it was at the weakest stage too as he hadn’t even entered the obligatory school of magic in Keiser to even learn magic. This made him too weak to survive for even a minute in the harsh conditions of the dungeon. 

The moment he was teleported into the dungeon and his luck dropped to half, a C-rank dungeon beast, the Thunder Falcon swooped down and grabbed him with its mighty claws and being that the bird’s name basically stated that the falcon was capable of controlling thunder. It naturally uses thunder to increase its speed and acceleration during flight. He died the moment the beast channeled some lightning through its body to increase its speed, which led to Dave having some of that thunder enter his body. The Thunder Falcon’s single thunderbolt is enough to destroy people at the D-rank to the point where they would become unrecognizable, so imagine what happened to Dave. He was reduced to ashes right after the first thunderbolt. >> 

“Then what happened to Dave after that? I heard from Wolfgang that heroes get more than once chance.” Marcel asked his Informer, who by the way, was being provided information directly from the source, the Spirit of the World, although that was something he didn’t know. 

<< Answer: Of course, heroes do get a second chance. No, sometimes they get as many chances as they want, but not Dave. Dave died about a minute after he entered the demon realms, unlike the All-seeing Eye who had breathed the air of the demon realms for at least half an hour before he met his end as a human. All-seeing Eye also laid among magic fire flowers when he died as a human, so it was fairly obvious that even if no energy chose to reside within him, at least the fire energy that had killed him would give him the power to be reborn, but that wasn’t at all the case for Dave. Dave, after coming to the demon realms, breathed in the air here for at least thirty seconds, then he got struck by pure lightning while having less to no true magic essence of the demon realms inside of him. Of course, he didn’t survive, and not just that, he didn’t even get the chance of reincarnation like the other heroes do all the time. He hadn’t bound himself to any of the energies of the demon realms like the All-seeing Eye or the other heroes and even you have, so when he died, he died. >> 

“Then what about after he died? What happened to him?” Marcel asked. 

<< Answer: When Dave died that was it. He returned to his origin. To the one who created him. >> 

“The one who created him? What does that mean?” Marcel asked. 

<< Answer: Information about the creator of heroes is highly confidential. World Administrator’s permission is needed to tell you the answer to that question. Asking for required permission to fulfill master’s demand from the World’s Administrator. >> 

<< Request denied. World Administrator checked the requirements needed to provide you with information on the creator of heroes. >> 

<< Notice: World Administrator has left you a direct message. Shall I open the message? >> 

“Yes. Open message immediately.” Marcel answered. 

<< Request processed: Reading direct message from the World Administrator. 

Hello little Marcel,

You’re still not strong enough to know that yet, but I can at least tell you a bit about the creator of heroes. The creator of heroes is a man, a very incredible man. He knows a lot, fate loves him and if not for him, none of us would even exist. Would you believe it if I told you that he’s someone powerful enough to cause the creation of this universe with just a single tear from the one he loves? 

Try hard to get stronger and one day, you’ll meet the creator of all heroes. He’s, after all, someone very special to you. Bye~ 

Message ended. Gifts from World Administrator received. Shall I open the gifts from the World Administrator? >> 

“Yes, please do,” Marcel said. 

<< Request confirmed. Unraveling of the gifts has begun. Unraveling will finish at the end of this message. >> 

<< Unraveling of gifts confirmed to be complete. Now uploading gifts directly into master. Gifts are full memory of identity ‘Dave’, experiences of identity ‘Dave’, and lastly, the soul of identity ‘Dave’. The World Administrator hopes that you’ll use them effectively. 

Mission from World Administrator accomplished. Now on standby. See you soon, master. >> 

And so, Marcel’s new identity, which he thought was just changing his name at first, was complete. He was now Dave as a Hero and Marcel as the Demon Lord’s Wife. He never thought that he would be inheriting the identity of someone else by the name of ‘Dave’ when he casually chose the name, but that’s just how it is. And what’s with the last gift of the Spirit of the World? Soul of ‘Dave’? What is that anyway? Does he possess the soul of the hero, ‘Dave’ now as he also possessed his own soul as ‘Marcel’? That thought roamed Marcel’s mind, but he never found an exact answer to it except for his vine tattoo along his arm vibrating as if telling him yes. And the creator of heroes? Who’s that anyway and is the power of a tear powerful enough to spawn an entire universe from nothingness? Who was the person who shed this powerful tear and how does the creator of heroes even make heroes? All of these thoughts loomed on Marcel’s mind and the answer to every single one of them is one that will be answered in the future. 

What’s the special connection that the World’s Administrator mentioned that Marcel and the creator of heroes have? Let’s wait and see. 

 


[A/N: Sorry I didn't upload on Wednesday like promised, again. This chapter was longer than I expected it to be and so, I had to go through everything to see if it was all in place before uploading it. Thanks for your understanding.]

3