Chapter 48: The Trial (Part 1)
185 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A quick recap about past events! So, Marcel was kidnapped by the elves from Alverona, the Dragon Empress, and is forced to take in their natures although his body happily accepts the offerings of energy. He goes back to the Sunfire Palace where he meets the gentle and innocent Princess Shalia who’s also his savior and almost friend but in a bizarre twist of events, Marcel almost gets violated at the hands of this princess, the fact that he doesn’t feel auras and a few inspirational words that snap the princess out from her deluded way of thinking that he’ll become hers if she successfully gives him a test of her special body saves him then a few moments later, he’s rescued by Revalor and the Tree of Elves’ Protectors and now, Shalia is in big trouble!  

 

It's been three days after the incident involving Marcel almost getting assaulted by Shalia while staying at the Tree Protectors' Hanging Village near Hjärtatlv and things cooled down after nobody was punished during those three days after the incident, well, until the third days after the Ulvaris family returned to the Sunfire Palace, that is. 

Currently, in front of the Sunfire King and his siblings, the guardians of the Sunfire race and Marcel, Shalia kneeled quietly as they looked at her, waiting for an explanation of how Marcel and herself ended up in such a messy situation. The youngest Sunfire princess looked unwilling to reveal her secrets but in front of the massive intimidating auras that the other guardians, especially her uncles spread all over the room, she looked ready to reveal her secrets.  

She explained her actions as much as she could, purposely omitting the parts that should not be revealed to anyone except those who already knew under any circumstance like her special physique and her grandmother's secret.  

According to her, she fell for Marcel at first sight and tried to seduce him the old-fashioned way but for some reason, none of them worked; this reason she still didn't know was that he couldn't feel any aura. She then tried to be more direct with constantly approaching Marcel and teasing him but the poor pure boy didn't even notice any of it thus her efforts went to waste and she almost gave up but chose not to because of her last resort. 

"What's this last resort that you're talking about, Shalia?" King Revalor asked his daughter who seemed a bit hesitant to reveal her last resort to her father whom she normally told everything. It wasn't an exaggeration to say that Revalor and his daughter are as close as identical twins who told each other everything but this secret, she still didn't look willing to tell him. He felt a bit hurt by his daughter not wanting to tell him and this prompted his daughter to tell him everything. You can't separate identical twins so easily. 

"Fine, I'll tell you! I can see....t the ee..." She mumbled. 

"Huh?" 

"I can speak to the sacred tree, I said! You heard it right! I can speak to the Sacred Tree of Life Hjärtatlv. It was the reason why I was able to trap Marcel in that hole where you found us!" She exclaimed, looking at Marcel who looked clueless about what was happening but judging the looks of Revalor and the guardians, this was something great, except, Revalor didn't look as happy about this as his siblings did, including Pyrrha.  

"Sweetie, can you explain how you can speak to the Sacred Tree and how it happened? We're very curious since you aren't supposed to be able to." Pyrrha softly asked the little princess. The others nodded, wanting to know the answer as well. 

"I don't really remember when it started but it seems like forever again when I first learned to feel the spirits around me. I think it started around then." She answered. 

"Huh? Revalor, didn't you once tell me that your little girl started feeling the spirits when she turned 10? Then doesn't that mean..." One of Revalor's three brothers, Byron, asked Revalor. He agreed as well. 

Shalia affirmed their speculations, "Yes, I've been able to feel the spirits for more than 400 years and been able to communicate with the tree." 

"How, sweetie?" Pyrrha asked. 

"I don't really know! I can, sort of, feel the tree's spirit even now as we speak. Um... I can't really explain but I talk to it and it responds. I don't know. I have some sort of connection to the tree which allows me to speak directly to it and vice-versa. When my plan didn't work, I was dejected and it asked to help me after I told it everything and you know the rest." 

"Wait! From where can you speak with the tree, Shalia?" Revalor asked his daughter. He looked riled and she in-turn looked hesitant to tell him the answer. Revalor already suspected what the answer to his question might be but he wasn't ready to hear Shalia say it is what he imagined but it was exactly so. 

"From right here... inside this castle. I can honestly speak with it anywhere else as well. I've always been able to." She answered. 

"Oh!!" The guardians seemed excited to hear her answer. They never thought that such a thing was possible but they suddenly just heard from their niece that she could talk to the sentient spirit residing in the center of their world from remotely anywhere in Tharrelan. It filled them with not only excitement but with anticipation and also shock about the destiny of this niece of theirs.  

"Hahaha! Shalia, even I can't do that! I have to be close to the Sacred Tree to be able to do that and you tell me that you can do that from remotely anyone in our world?" Revalor looked so delighted as he asked his daughter the question. This was probably a bad thing but as far as he knew, his daughter was special since the day she was born and was brought up surrounded by people who loved her dearly, so everything will be fine. 

"Interesting! Continue the rest. What did you do after that? What happened after you talked with the tree?" He asked his daughter because everyone in the room was starting to get occupied with the fact that his daughter could communicate with Hjärtatlv than they were about the fact that she almost assaulted the Demon Lord's fiance, aka. Marcel aka. Dave. 

"After speaking with the tree, I managed to convince my father at the perfect time and got us heading for the Sacred Tree but after we got there, Dave was busy all the time and I gradually lost the chance to enact my plan--"  

"What plan!" Phrann, second of Revalor's brothers, asked his niece who still looked to be hiding a secret from them. 

"What else but to become my love's wife?! After all, my mother always told me that the last way to conquer a man and make him yours was on the bed. She also told me that any man won't be able to resist me so since my plan to make the person I fell for mine by making him notice me didn't work, I decided to use my last resort and seduce him. I thought that if I took him to bed, then I'd be able to conquer him instantly..." she blushed as she flailed around bashfully as she fantasized over how her perfect plan to conquer Marcel should have gone. She looked like a hungry wolf, just like her siblings usually did but then suddenly, tears formed underneath her eyes and she was on the verge of tears, 

"... but then everything went wrong! My charms didn't work, I found out that he was gay and to make it even worse 'little Dave' rejected me as well. I was heartbroken but then he comforted me and I fell in love all over again and---" She cried in front of the elders of the Sunfire elves and her dejected 'I'm sad and lonely' aura made it almost impossible for the elders to not pity the little girl who had her heart stolen by someone she could never have.  

Marcel was good-looking and not to mention, a hero with immense potential for the future. This incident was entirely Marcel’s fault for being appealing enough to steal the heart of their pure and innocent princess. 

"Um, Revalor... It seems like our little Shalia happens to be one of those 'Love makes me delusional' people. What do we do?" Pyrrha asked Revalor who seemed unsure of what to do about the current situation. Etiquette demanded that he punished his daughter for her crime against the hero but this wasn't really a crime and Marcel doesn't seem to be bothered by any of this. Normally, one would be mentally scarred or even traumatized after such an event but Marcel seemed to not have anything against Shalia even though she almost had her way with him and still got along with his daughter just fine.  

Honestly, he wanted to do nothing about the incident since nobody was hurt and nothing bad happened except for his daughter who was half-heartbroken from being rejected but the moment they came back, his spoiled children got to being themselves and his brothers heard about it. After that, Revalor's brothers, who also agreed to the Demon Lord's condition that Marcel not be harmed if he was to stay with them learned what happened, panicked and a small trial had to be held in which they'd deal with Shalia for her actions but now, they also feel sorry for Shalia and since Marcel was fine, they didn't feel like punishing her anymore but the last word on what happened to her was still up to the victim, Marcel. 

"Honestly! What did Dalarris teach you? Don't you know that assaulting a man is one way to get him to never like you? Dave, what do you think we should do with her?" Byron looked to Marcel who looked a bit out of the blue. 

What was Marcel thinking about? Well, simple! He was getting hungry and wanted to eat but everyone was keeping him there so he had no choice but to dream instead. He should have had lunch already but then suddenly, Revalor's brothers appeared, and this trial where he was forced to watch Shalia cry again began.  

Honestly, he just wants to eat, take a nap and then go back to Nephavion in a few days. He's had enough of Tharrelan for the moment and wanted to go home and forget a few disturbing memories which not only included torture at the hands of the elven kings but now attempted rape at the hands of an unfortunate princess who happened to fall in love with him at first sight. At times like this is when he wondered what happened to all the luck that he was supposed to have. 

He snapped out of his thoughts to answer the question, "Oh... nothing! Nobody got hurt and I want to go ho---"  

Shalia suddenly interrupted as he was answering after wiping her tears, 

"No, Dave! I pretended to be your friend and got close to you then I tried to seduce you and failed then I borrowed the power of the tree spirits to assault you. I'm a diabolical woman and I deserve to be brought to justice. I strayed from the righteous path and you knocked me back unto it. I can't just get away with this! Please punish this sinful woman!" The princess proclaimed passionately with a look of pride, sadness, and guilt, demanding to be punished but her father thought,  

'Something isn't right about this!' 

 

You see, the Sunfire princess Shalia Lahelja Ulvaris to everyone else was an innocent angel who couldn't harm any creature, well, apparently, except if she's in love with you that is as they’d just learned. Up until now, she lived the life of a princess with exceptionally good luck and admired by all and if not for the fact that she almost assaulted Marcel, everybody would have continued to believe so and now that she was begging to be punished, the little devil was slowly changing back into an angel in their eyes. Her image as the pure and innocent angel of a princess was getting restored. 

"Father, I am a criminal, and I must pay for my crimes against Dave. I have to pay for the psychological pain that I've inflicted upon our guest." She said passionately once more, her tone full of pride and determination to right her wrongs, and it worked.  

Everyone looked at the princess who they thought was full of determination to follow the righteous path but no-no-no, not her father. He knew her very well and was hesitant to believe his daughter had such pure intentions. She was just like her mother Dalarris, the person who person to whom he willingly surrendered. 

'You are your mother's daughter. You inherited her nature; you devil draped in angel wings.' King Revalor smiled, believing that his daughter had already formulated another plan of attack. Scary! She really was the daughter of the woman who instilled the feeling of helplessness in him, all while getting him to wholeheartedly accept his loss. 

While everyone looked at Princess Shalia with looks of pity as they became unwilling to see her get punished even though she insisted upon it, Revalor received a telepathic call from his daughter who groveled before them, 

"What do you want?" He asked her, tone lax with his facial expression still the same. 

"Whatever I say from this moment on, go with it. I have one last trick up my sleeve and now seems like the perfect time to use it." 

"As expected of you, my daughter! Understood, I'll play along. Do what you want!" He replied, then he ended the call. The little princess smiled faintly as she looked at her father's face before using her last trick with everything she had; aura and all. 

2