Chapter 5: I don’t think he’ll be too much of a problem
3k 3 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[A/N: This chapter might have incomprehensible sentences and bad grammar structure. Please leave any comments below if you find anything that's not right. I'll try to change it as soon as I see it. Thanks for reading my first work.

Oh, and try to tell me what you think about the chapters. I don't handle not knowing things very well. Good or bad, I'll take it. Hehe]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Making his way through the forest all the way after helping the dryad and oak tree and then finally seeing the faraway city in his field of vision, the hero Marcel, had already forgotten all about the food he collected and finally realized that he was starving. He himself didn’t realize what was happening inside his own body and just kept walking until his gift in the form of the voice of nature and a cool tattoo on his arm told him that his stomach couldn’t take it anymore. He felt really embarrassed and then he finally began to do something about his hungry stomach. He began cooking the food that he had gathered in the forest.  

Being a hero makes anything he does super easy and growing up as an orphan who was abandoned a few days after he was born in front of a small orphanage in a very poor village, he learnt how to take care of himself at a really young age. I don’t know if this is some trope or not, but it’s almost like every hero is either an abandoned orphan or a really looked down upon son of a noble, you get me guys? Why do the heroes always have to be orphans or the latter? 

With the luck and learning as fast as lightning abilities becoming that of the hero, he learnt how to make perfectly delicious meals soon after he finally picked up a recipe book after gaining the title of Hero. Marcel still had no idea that his cooking skills came from his title as another someone’s wife and he was still very happy utilizing them. He quickly finished up his cooking, ate until he was okay and then packaged the rest of his food for future use.  

Already mastering 5 out of the 6 natural elements, he quickly moved from basic spells to things like summoning a storage space out of nowhere and being able to adjust the wind trajectory to make flight possible, although he had forgotten all about it until he placed his food in the storage space. This hero isn’t just stubborn, refusing to listen to reason, but also a bit of an airhead sometimes. 

After he was done packing, he used his wind magic to fly towards the faraway city at high speeds, although he wasn’t very good at it yet since he hadn’t enough time to learn about it. He had his high-speed learning capabilities to thank for being able to grasp something that’d usually take people a few years to master and learning it in a matter of weeks. He had already perfected the spell and he knew exactly how much magic power he’d need to accelerate and decelerate as much as he wanted, now all that was left was his balance control, as in being stable and awesome in the air, like in Dr*g*n B*ll. 

He got to the faraway city in about an hour thanks to his poor balance. Shameful hero, took way more time than it was supposed to. Where’s the pizzazz and spectacular performance of the usual “I’ll make it there in a couple of minutes.” He realized that as he got closer and closer to the city, it seemed like there wasn’t any city there. It was like someone began covering it with a veil as soon as he began to get closer to it. 

When he finally arrived at the entrance into the city or at least what he thought was, he saw a 10 - 20 maybe, just forget it, a really huge gate just sitting in the air. There was nothing around, just the gate and wondering if the city was inside an enclosed space was a possibility, but the hero thought nothing of it. He just looked around the door and saw something like water ripples around the gate. 

In front of it stood two people and they were more human-like, just like the elves he had met. A beautiful girl or should I say woman with short black hair dressed in a black business suit with a red outline, wearing a pair of glasses that didn’t looked like they didn’t serve any purpose and knee-high tights with a pair of elegant white shoes. She had a slender and voluptuous body, and a height of about two meters. The only different from her appearance and that of a human’s was the shiny silver scales covering the sides of her face, her pointy ears and her too unusual to be normal silver eyes. They looked perfectly fine, so someone was wondering why the glasses. She was talking to someone who looked like a guard at the gate. 

Marcel approached as casually as he possibly could, but his quality armor and sword didn’t go unnoticed by the woman. She stopped talking to the guard and looked at him until he finally got to their side. 

The woman examined him closely and then a happy expression appeared on her face. She immediately told the guard something and he left the two of them pass through the gate which didn’t actually open, it was like passing through dry water, an illusion maybe. 

The two began walking across the streets which soon became crowded the further into the city they walked. Marcel saw a whole new yet similar world inside the city. The roads were full of people, some chatting, others selling and others buying. The people in the streets momentarily stopped to greet the woman as they walked across the streets. There were beastmen, some elves and goblins, although they looked more different than what you imagine.  

Sure, they were green, but they had a more human like appearance, like small 5-year-olds and were totally cuter than the disgusting ones we all know and hate. There were also dwarves, orcs and also fairies the size of an average teenage human with sparkly wings and similar elf ears. Marcel and the lady just walked as more and more people bowed towards them, or rather her as they walked closer and closer to the demon lord’s castle. 

“You must be that person, the hero, right... Sorry, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Letia Alfhea and I'm the secretary of the demon lord. You’re looking for him, I figure?” The woman smiled towards him.

Marcel decided to be really cautious with her and was starting to get suspicious, yet the little voice that was slowly becoming his best friend told him not to be afraid of her. He was still cautious, although he relaxed more after hearing nature’s words. 

“I’ll take you to him right away. He’s being waiting for a very long time.” She smiled and then locked hands with Marcel, whom because of a certain title, didn’t pay any mind to her actions.

Marcel was busy thinking about how he might have found allies thanks to the voice of nature and her ambiguous words from earlier. He was getting excited because of what he thought would be the final showdown between him and the demon lord. 

As they were walking, Letia began her investigation. She asked him about his name, where he had been, how his journey across the demon realm had been. Everything was going smoothly. 

Marcel and Letia stopped at a restaurant, where they had some refreshments because foodie and they talked more, continuing their journey to the castle that was now in sight.  

When they arrived at the castle gates, the same as the huge game before; Letia talked to the guards and then they went through another illusory gate, although it was a teleportation device. It was already sunset after their arrival to the demon lord's castle.

They walked across the halls they arrived in and at some point, Letia said her goodbyes to the hero and took another corridor, although not before giving him directions on where to find the demon lord, who was currently alone somewhere. Marcel seemed a bit disappointed since he thought she’d be going with him, but he immediately left to go meet the demon lord. 

Meanwhile, Letia immediately teleported herself to the demon lord’s location after leaving Marcel’s side. “Milord, he’s here.” She alerted the big man who was already aware of Marcel’s arrival and straightening out his ridiculously long hair. 

“So... how was he? Did he pass your test?” The demon lord eagerly awaited an answer. Ask and he shall receive he did, “Mm-hmm. He indeed passed my test. He managed to act calm and graciously befitting someone of his status, although he was a bit cautious sometimes, but that was to be expected. He is the hero after all. I don’t think he’ll be too much of a problem.” Her voice stoic and analytic when she began describing Marcel’s behavior and did the dramatically adjusting her glasses thing done in anime. The demon lord just nodded and the look in his eyes screamed expectations and “More and more. Tell me!” Letia described as much about him as she could. She added, “He’s very cute.” at the end before disappearing when she felt Marcel’s presence really close by. 

The demon lord couldn’t hold in his excited mood and sat in his throne grinning like a fool. He continued with an “I’m finally going to meet my wife after 6 years of waiting” grin until when Marcel came in his sight of vision, then he... 

69