Chapter 1 – The Beginning
58 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"If I was just a bit quicker, I wouldn't have received this wound from that Horned Rabbit." Kyle remarked as he got his wound healed by a priest. "I'm thinking of increasing my dexterity."

 

"Okay. Sounds good. In that case, I'm thinking of increasing my luck." Pan nodded while he at some dried biscuits.

 

"Why are you trying to increase your luck? Shouldn't you increase your intelligence or something?" Kyle asked curiously.

 

"Are you saying I'm stupid?" Pan snapped back with a glare.

 

"N-No."

 

"Hmph! I just think that a higher luck stat would let me get more drops or at least better drops. What about you Greg?"

 

Greg glanced over at Pan and nodded. "What you say makes sense. I've also increased my luck. Better drops would help us more in the long run."

 

"Then that's settled." Pan replied. "Where to next?"

 

"B-But...." Kyle wanted to add but he was interrupted by Pan who stressed their final decisions.

 

"Fine. You do you." Kyle sighed in resignation. "What should we do next?"

 

"Let's go check out the quest board." Greg suggested.

 

"Sounds like a good idea." Pan agreed.

 

"Alright then, let's go." Kyle nodded as he bade farewell to the examiner.

 

The trio walked back inside the guild hall and beelined towards the quest board. On the bulletin board, there were many quests of varying ranks posted. The quests were separated into four categories - 1) Combat Quest, 2) Gather Quest, 3) Escort Quest, and 4) Group Quest. When Greg asked the receptionist what each quest category meant, she explained it with a knowing smile.

 

The combat quests were the standard 'kill a certain number of enemies' or 'clear/subjugate a group of monsters'. Usually, nearbys would make such requests.

 

The gather quests were the standard 'gather some herbs/flowers' or 'mine some ores'. One could get such requests from the local alchemists or smithies.

 

As for the escort quests, they were made by merchants and wealthy people. The contents of these quests were usually 'protect this person or that person' or 'escort a merchant caravan to another location'.

 

Lastly, group quests were conducted by multiple parties taking on a stronger monster or a difficult raid/dungeon. These quests were usually special events orchestrated by people high up in the social hierarchy like the guildmaster, the royalty, the temples, or one of the archwizards of the Magic Towers. Currently, there were no group quests available.

 

After listening to the receptionist explain the differences of each quest, the trio decided to choose their first quest.

Which quest category should the new party choose to look through?
  • Combat Quest
  • Gather Quest
  • Escort Quest
Total voters: 6 · This poll was closed on Aug 7, 2019 12:56 AM.
0