Chapter 5 Tear of a Guardian Angel
3.6k 24 86
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author Note: Wow this one is a long one, I'm not even gonna bother trying to divide it. +6,847 words btw. It is now 7,022 words. HEYO

I enjoy writing Uncle Oeznik character. Even though MC parents have yet to appear lol. 

 

ALSO CHAPTER 4 IS NOW ONLINE. GO READ IT OR CHAPTER 5 MAKE LITTLE TO NO SENSE.

Tq for reading.

 

***

 

She's crying

She is crying, for real as her eyes is all red, tears is falling from her eyes with snot coming down from her nose. She was crying for real this time, not just crocodile tear she often show when she lost a game against me. No matter how much she want me to feel bad for me, want me to spoil her in various way to make her feel better, she never have snots coming down her nose.

That's how I know she crying for real.

"Why are you crying, Silver? What's wrong?" Did I destroy her too hard? Should I have gone easy on her? She is not that type of girl that want her opponent to go easy on her in a video game, but now I'm not even sure.

"Please don't cry. Why don't we play other with game against other people, you control the character, I be the tactician, like always?" That didn't calm her down even a bit, so I tried a different way.

 Maybe you want me to tell you one of my stories I have made?" That I definitely stole from my previous world which I double check to make sure it has yet to exist in this world, the last thing I want is people to accuse me of plagiarism. Those stories I told her almost always works improving her happy.

"This new story I just made week ago is about a kid whose dream is to be the Pirate King-" Instead of her calming down to listen my storytelling properly, her crying noise increase instead.

I decide to bring out the big guns. "What about playing house? You like playing house. You always like playing house." But I dislike it, not exactly hate it but there's not much challenge in it. But she LOVES playing house. When we were younger, she almost always make play along as her husband but not the dog even though I want to play as the dog, kissing me on the cheek and expecting me to do the same while making me call each other petname, hubby, love, honeybun, etcetera. We still do it from time to time for some reason even though we too older to play house, so she modified to make it more 'challenging' in way, but we don't play as common as we used to play when we were young. This would definitely brighten her days...

But turn out, it was not enough to stop her crying.

Instead of making her feel better, I make it worse somehow. "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH."

I am only eight year old, even though I possess fragment of my past live, I am still only eight, the memory of my past live didn't magically make me become a mature adult, it is no different than watching a movie or a documentary about another person but from the perspective of the character. You don't expect a kid to become slightly mentally mature after watching 10 episode of Cory in the House in one sitting.

So when I make a girl cry without knowing the reason 'why' or even 'how', of course I'm gonna feel bad and be panicking like crazy, to make it worse, the girl isn't just a random girl I stumble upon on the park but an important friend.

To make it even worse the friend is also 4 year older than me. It more or less the same as making my mother or auntie cry or a proper adults like the servant working in the mansion.

"Please don't cry."

I said to her one last time as I stand up from my seat with difficulty, slowly making my way to sit behind her, on the floor to hug her, hopefully it will work calming her down. Although my body is incredibly weak, I can still however walk and stand by my own. But not too long or my body will not be able to take it and fall of exhaustion.

This time, it work, or at least it seem to work on calming her down which surprise me since I never done this before. We hug before or rather she the hugger and I just receive it. I manage to calm her emotion, from sobbing to weeping, slowly but I patiently let her calm herself as I

After a whole minute of calming her down, she turn around and hug me back. Surprising me as I thought she hate me, but since she didn't push me away from hugging her, that shouldn't be the case.

"I'm sorry." She apologize to my surprise.

"It's ok. Do you want to talk about it.". If she doesn't want to talk about it, I won't force her.

"Hmm..." She hum as she tighten her hug, at the same time, making herself comfortable, snuggling my body in a way.

I patiently wait once more for her to say a word, whether it be a yes or a no.

After another half a minute or so to which she start to sniff her nose every once a few second, most likely because of her runny nose after crying, her body is still hugging me, as she start to her head on my shoulder and her arms on my back.

"It because I lose the bet." She finally explain part of it after calming down.

"You know I will never make you do something that you don't want to, right?" I reassure her. Does she have a bad experience losing a bet with her friends or something? I need to talk to Aunt Anatasha later then

"No... It just that... I want to win the bet so I can make you do something... to... 'for' me. She emphasize the word 'for' to correct herself.
"I even hired an online coach, one of the best I'm able to buy with money to teach me all the know, his tricks, strategy and the meta of the current game patch. I trained for a whole week... And I still lost..." She said, ending with a sigh of disappointment of herself.

"If you want to win a bet to make me do something, you know you could easily win against me in a fps game, I'm not good with those fast shooting game or any game that require a standard level of reflex, fast reaction and motor skill. You should know this?" I ask her, already know the answer but the real question I am asking is why?

"Of course I do. But you not just 'not good' with fps game, you horrible at it, it no different than winning a bet in a game of chase and tag. I'm just taking advantage of you if you don't have a proper chance of winning in the first place. You either naturally insanely good at something that require you to use your brain like tactic and strategy game or disastrously bad that it is not even funny if it something that require you to be fast at reacting, like fast-paced first person shooter game or, God forbid, a somewhat strenuous physical activity like power walk."

"Do you WANT to lose a bet by playing a game where you don't even had a chance of winning?" She ask a rhetorical question, not expecting me to actually answer her as she already know my answer.

 "Oh..." It was something I did not consider, not gonna lie.

"Yes Oh~..." She playfully mock my late realization.

"Well, thank you... for being so considerate, and giving me chance to win the bet. That was... really thoughtful of you." I always know that she is a great cousin and greater friend but this just enforce it.

Such a simple consideration but it means a lot to me than she ever realize, one day, I be sure to repay this kind act and make you the happiest girl in this world... One way or another. I stay true to my words. I repay the kind and thoughtful act and words to them by ten fold.

The thought of her making me play chase and tag with her gave me goosebump, not in a good way.

There's a reason for this reaction.

It wasn't long where I first tried to attempt to play with normal kids of my age in the city park, which was also the last time I try to attempt to make normal friends of my age.

I was interested in making friends with 'commoners' or normal people instead of making 'friends' with son's and daughter's of cunning businessman or political figures, to make it harder, the kids also tend to be older, some as old as sixteen year old, and to make it worse, they weren't fun to hang out with but the real reason why I can't see them as friends is because they don't see me as equal or rather, they see's me as one of the people who they parents sternly warn them to never offend but someone to always suck up to, and I can't say blame those kids or the parents (excluding their greed) for doing so as I, alone even without my parents wealth or power, I possess an impressive amount of wealth and influence in the business world, all without my parents assistance. Something that was reveal year ago but only started to get pick up by the people.

Only eight year old and already capable enough to leave a mark in the business world and smarts enough to work in politics, if not partially work under my parents guidance to gain early experience.

You have to be blind, deaf and a fool to fail to see the obvious sign of a future powerhouse in both worlds of politics and business.

To be fair to all son's and daughter's of parents who do business or work in politics, I can't say they are all the same as I rarely attend political or business events which decrease my chance of meeting kids in general because of my poor health, but when I do, it is mostly because their parents are quite an important people when compare to my parents, if not even more important than my parents that I believe it be best for me to introduce to them, assuming my parents also think the same and gave me the permission.

Parents who possess great amount of wealth, as far as having net worth in the range of hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars under their name. If they are not filthy rich then they possess great political power in their home country, securing a high ranking position in their government or the military.

I still have my part of work to play with in the political world of Sokovia. My parents does not wish me to be eaten by the harsh world of politics, so when they realize I am more than ready, there isn't good reason for them to delay it any longer.

I still enjoy my childhood life, it is not like business and political event happen every weekend.

Now, where was I? 

Yes.. the reason why my first attempt of making friends with normal kids of my age turn out to be my last.

It because of my face, my appearance, as I slowly started to see as a curse. I was attractive enough for me to gain an nickname that I dislike but can't deny it's accurate, a nickname- No, more of a title in fact, given by not just my admires but also the people who I have met in the world of business and politics.

'Adonis'

I wasn't sure if that a compliment or a curse in disguised  given by a people who are jealous of my appearance and success.

His fate wasn't exactly... a happy ending in way neither was his life.

But again, I cannot deny the nickname suit me, I always attract everyone attention wherever I go, I mean 'everyone' even people who drive across the road slowed down if not stop in middle of the road just to take another glimpse of me when I first go out to have a fresh air, which I don't do anymore, not without a disguise to hide my face since the last time I walk without one which was also my first time going out for a walk, I cause a major accident that involve several dozen drivers, but fortunately no one got hurt or seriously injured.

I was pretty enough to be mistaken for a girl especially since I have a somewhat long hair, even if I wear the most boyish clothing you could think of, people would still just assume I am a tomboy first. instead of a boy who happen to be real pretty. 

My low physical attribute isn't helping making myself look even slightly boyish, in fact I'm pretty sure it make it much, much worse.

Having a low STR probably gave me a narrow shoulder, a favourable trait among women and less among men. it doesn't help my hairi is medium length hair and I highly doubt having a short hair will actually make people assume my gender to be a boy, they will definitely think me of a pretty tomboy instead.
Because I have already tried out having short length hair, and let just say the effect is even worse. With longer hair, I can use it as a natural cover to hide part of my face in a way. And some people will be asking, why am I wearing boy clothes instead of girl. Are my parents neglecting of taking care of me and my attires, something I hate to hear the most.

Its no wonder people assume I am a girl. But considering the alternative consequence of having short hair, it completely worth it.

Because of my beautiful appearance, influence by my high, semi-max CHA stat, I am somewhat outcast by all kids of my age when I first introduce myself to them, after trying to get to know each other, at the end of the day, I have been ostracized by them who I foolishly believe I could become friends with when it should been obvious.

Too handsome to hang out with the boys as I am attracting the girls attention away from the rest of them.

Too pretty to hang out with them as well. They said they don't believe me when I correct them I am a boy, saying I am a liar and they don't want to talk to a liar let alone be friends with one. Even if what I said is the truth, I highly doubt they care, as it is obvious they are jealous of my appearance, but I didn't see it or rather, I turn blind to it, to all red flag, signs that you should be looking out when making friends.

Kids can be more cruel than adults realize, as I experience this myself first hand. 

It was quite ironic that the adults, such as my parents and my teacher warn me of how cruel kids of my age can be, as their parents possess great wealth and power, they tend to spoiled their kids, giving them all what they want and more, even neglecting them or even encourage their bad behavior, but no one ever decide to take their time to warn me about how cruel can normal kids of my age can really be.

Funny, you think my high INT and WIS would help me figure it out, but it mean nothing when I blinded myself just so I can make friends.

Perhaps, because there were no adult to warn those kids to not offend me at all cost, instead to just suck me up and even lick my boots if they have to earn my goodwill, just like those parents before in the politic parties and events warning their kids, but I highly doubt the normal parents know about me unless they directly as for my name, my full name that is, to which they might remember my title.

Carl Zemo.

The Business Prodigy.

Son of Helmut.

The Heir of Baron Zemo.
 

As it hasn't been a long time since my parents first introduce me to another, an alien world you might say, the politics world. In fact it hasn't even been a year since my parents decide to let the world know of my existence by helping me introduce myself in my first political event.

Whether it be Sokovia or the world itself, they have always known the House of Zemo have a heir, they only know although unconfirm that I was too sick to attend political event and whatnot, but what they don't know is about my beauty.

Sure, they heard rumor of my appearance that can give a heart attack to an old lady, which unfortunately had happen before (as for the old lady, she is fine, perhaps better than before as she claim to see a real 'angel' before she leave the world).

They merely brush most of it off as overexaggerated rumor, and even if there's some truth in it, they will probably think I am just ugly enough to scared a fragile old lady to have an heart attack, but never beautiful enough to smitten the old lady heart.

Even then, the people who seen my face in my first event was very few, no more than half a hundred. Most of them will only instead remember my face instead of my achievement. Only those who are strong enough to 'survive' the harsh world of politics and business will have a good enough reason to properly remember 'some pretty kid' name and their achievement beside just their face.

And forget about pictures of me, only limited amount of pictures were taken in that event, and the picture that 'happen' to caught my face on it, my mother happily pay them.

The adults that live in the upper class are less interest of my name and more to admire my face. Why would normal people bother remember my first name?

When I foolishly thought they are actually giving me chance to be with them, to be part of their group, only for them to trick me into leaving my wheelchair unguarded by peer pressure me into playing a chase tag with them when they know I can stand and walk since I'm the one that told them about it. I told them I will only able to play chase and tag with them for just a few minute at best as I explain them of my poor health.

The real mistake was not walking away.

It was fun though, for the first few minute I was able to experience the life of a normal kid, as it was my first time playing chase and tag with kids of my age.

Even though they tried real hard to not let themselves get 'tag' by me as I was 'it' the first second of the game. It wasn't hard thing to do because of my low physical attribute. I was much slower and easily fatigue than the fattest kid of the group.

But I didn't care a thing.
I truly believe at that time that I was actually making real friends, that they finally accept me into their group.

Oh, how naive I was.

A minutes is more than enough for them play their mean 'prank' on me, by throwing the wheelchair into a deep pounds where it is impossible for me to retrieve it alone, as I am physically incapable of swimming let alone learning how to..

Realizing what they are up to, but I was too late, I tried to stop them, asking them in desperation tone, why they are doing this to me, with tears already start to threaten to leave my eyes, when I have done nothing wrong against them, but all they said is means things about me, and when one started to push me around, other join the 'fun', pushing me to the other only for me to trip and end up falling on the ground, with my face covered by mud while the rest laugh and calling me all sorts of names that I do not wish to say.

One of them tell me that I should take the hint and just go away when I realize no one wants me here.

Funny thing is, I did see the hint, but I ignored it, I ignored the red flag, that I was not wanted, but I told to myself that I should at least try, I have to even though part of me beg me to just walk away and try to make friends with a different group of kids... But a part of me want me to try to make peace with them... just because I have 15 CHA, it should mean something... right?

So much for my 9 INT and 9 WIS.

I was an idiot. A fool.

They weren't all bad though. Some kids think what they are doing is wrong and cruel and didn't join throwing insults, some even voice out their opinion out loud to the rest of the group that they should stop as they have cross the line to consider it as a 'prank', bless they heart, but because of social pressure from their own group, afraid of being outcast alongside with me, they either have to follow along with the group or just stand aside and do nothing and say nothing.

Those were the same kids I believe I could be friends with in the first place. I suspect some of them didn't know about the so called 'prank'.

The concept of herd mentality, is that people can be influence their own peers to adopt certain behavior on a largely emotional, rather than rational, basis. When individuals are affected by mob mentality, they tend to make a different decision than they would have as individual. Another thing that I found quite ironic, as I was introduce by my Psychology teacher to the concept of herd mentality the exact same day, he told me I need to know about it so not only so I can use it against my opponent in real world whether it be the political world or business world or my everyday life, but also know how to spot one on the making, how to avoid it and how to defend against it in the 'future' when the herd mentality is stopping me from achieving my goal. You think that it was a perfect event to practice of what I have learn?

Again, so much for 9 INT and 9 WIS. 

It was as if the world is mocking me, reminding me of my failure but I decide to see it another perspective, the world is making me stronger. 

It was either me, a stranger who they have only known for a few minutes, OR their friends, who they have been with and known for longer.

At that point, my social skills were still not properly develop as I rarely met let alone talk kids of my age. Perhaps things would turn out to be differently if it was current me, or perhaps not

Jealous is a dangerous emotion, a deadly disease that if left untreated, it can set a destructive path wherever it walk, destroying oneself peace and happiness and other as well.

After they were satisfied with the things they have done and the word they have said. They fortunately left me alone in the park, but my body exhausted from early chase, and I become even more exhausted from being push around, making it impossible for me to stand up without an assistance.

It didn't too long for my Uncle Oeznik to realize what was happening, rushing to my side with his old body, as fast as he could lightly jog. It was obvious I was injured, with scratch on my face, and cut on my hand, so asking whether I am hurt or not is pointless, so the next thing he did was to make sure I wasn't seriously injured.

After making sure I was fine, Uncle Oeznik retrieve my wheelchair from the deep pound, lifting me up from the ground, placing me into the wheelchair to properly clean me up from any dirt I got myself, and checking my body once more to make sure I did not receive any injury.

While preparing to go home, storing the wheelchair in the back of the car. When I look over too see my uncle expression, for the first time, I was able to easily see through his facade, calm yet worried or so at first.

For the first time, I was able to see through the exact emotion he was feeling at that moment, pure untainted rage and anger, perhaps not toward the kids, or their parents who neglecting to discipline their kids, but perhaps anger toward the world instead.

I wasn't someone who enjoy fantasizing committing a vengeance against the people who done wrong against me, let alone doing it for real. The thought of returning back the same pain and the humiliations I have endure, to the exact offender, in ten-fold or not, like those badly written character who are easily offended in Chinese Wuxia novel that my previous self read.

Vengeance, it doesn't suit me. 

I was a pacifist, I still am a pacifist, perhaps not as naive, perhaps I am still the same naive kid before that incident happen, but the thought of punishing kids who doesn't know any better let alone the innocent parents who did nothing wrong as they only sins is failing to properly discipline their children, only make my stomach feel like it is in knot.

It does not bring me any pleasure, at all. Not even the a bit.

So on the spot, sitting inside the car, I forbid Uncle Oeznik from doing anything that directly or indirectly affect the kids life or their family in a harmful way as I try to defend them they are just kids who doesn't know any better. They do not deserve the same fate as the foolish doctor who have ill intention towards me.

Uncle Oeznik is one of the most kindest, the most gentle and wisest old men I have the pleasure to talk, I'm fortunate to have him as part of my family.

But behind that human mask is a former elite soldier, a former veteran who once serve the Sokovian Army during the WWII before he was legally allowed to drive, retired with a surprisingly healthy body that has yet broken down despite possessing many scars all over his body.
Several years before he even hit his prime, he retired early only to serve my grandfather, his brother in all but blood, as a lowly servant, slowly making his way up as the Head Butler for the family. Leaving with a body count that is estimated to be over +160 confirm target neutralize by using a sniper. According to him, he have a body count of 800 at the very least. 

If Finland have 'White Death' as their War Hero.

Then Sokovia have Uncle Oeznik as their secret Guardian Angel.
His feat is unheard even todays, because most of it was stolen by his own brother-in-arms or even his superior officer.
Including my father and my grandfather, very few believe him.

But I do.

I believe in his word.

I know he is telling nothing but the truth.

His high LVL alone is a evidence.

It's another reason why I deeply respect him. He is someone you want to made as a friend but never as an enemy.

But I have no intention of him saying no in the next moment nor do I wish him to tell me a white lie.

It was a serious matter, enough to force me to command him using my authority as the Heir to the Noble House of Zemo.
It is something I have never done before, whenever I ask him to do something, I always ask him with a please instead of treating it as an order, a small gesture to show him and the world that he is more than just a butler.

To my surprise, Uncle Oeznik instinctively obey my command obediently as if it was natural thing to do. Technically, since I am the young master of the household, it IS a natural thing to do but such thing only deserve to the real master of the household, which is my father. Even he was surprise what just happen, an expression he accidently shown.

I suspect because of my extremely high CHA point, it greatly influencing my 'skill' to command people through words.

Although I succesfully stop him from doing something that I will regret allowing him so, as he is the Head Butler, he was given a certain level of power to a certain degree to protect the family.
It does not mean my parents won't do anything behind my back. But at that time, I didn't care enough to tell Uncle Oeznik about it. I was completely exhausted.

All I care at that time is getting into the car and going home.

When Uncle Oeznik close the door after assisting me to get into the front car, I unexpectedly burst into tears, surprising both of us, including myself.
Crying from sadness, is an emotion that I did not expect to show to anyone at all. I didn't want anyone to see me crying, afraid of them to think not only I am physically weak, but I am also mentally weak, the last thing I want people to think about me is me about being weak, incapable of fighting for himself, fighting his own battle in this cruel world, but it seems I was only afraid to show it to anyone but to the people who I deeply trust.

As I hug my Uncle for comfort, I asked him why did the kids hate me so much, I thought I know at that time, because they were jealous of my appearance and all that, but I wasn't exactly sure nor was I confident as my mind wasn't exactly in calm state.

So I ask him about it instead.

I ask him why is the world unfair to a someone like me who have done nothing wrong.

I ask him why did the God gave me such weak body,

I ask him all sorts of question that is not easy to answer, which he didn't answer any of it, instead he did the least thing I expect anyone to do, he cried for me, he hugging me, telling me it will get better, I have my parents and all of their love and one day, I will be surrounded by people who will love me for what I really am. And lastly, I have him.

I like to think at that moment, we become closer than ever before, and I started to see him as a real family, a genuine family that I accept with all of my heart, a family that I would not trade for another year to live in this world, or even with all the wealth the world has to offer, including a health body.

Perhaps he always sees me as his grandson in his heart but I never know until now. Too obsessed with becoming friends with outside of my family, that I do not value them as much as I should until now.

****

"Hmmm....." Is all what Silver said to my gratitude that I have forgotten already, pulling me away from an unfond memory. Probably thinking something important as she currently still keep sniffing her nose every few second.

Is her nose still runny? I should call a servant to get her a glass of water to drink.

"What is it that you want me to do if you were to win the bet?" I ask, remembering the bet after monologuing myself.

"Well... Tell me about yours first. What is that you want me to do? It's nothing too cheeky, I assume?" She said after quickly separating her arms from me, although her body still stuck glued to mine.
Her eyes lock into mine for a good second, only to look away in the next second, with her cheek blushing like crazy for some reason.

"Nothing too crazy. I just... I want you to keep being my friend."

***

Switch to 3rd prespective.

***

"Nothing too crazy. I just... I want you to keep being my friend." said Carl.

'Did I got friendzone before I even try my chance?!' Silver thought in panic, before her mind fall into the abyss and her eyes turn dark yet empty and think of doing something to Carl that they both end up regreting. Our main character explain her reason, bringing her mind and soul back, from the deep abyss.

"It would be nice even after ten or twenty or maybe after we both grow old and our hair turn white, that we are still friends. It's never a boring day when I'm with you, but if there's ever a time where you unable to visit me for a whole year. Will you promise you send me a letter for me to read? I also wish to send you a letter as well."

Realizing she still have a chance. She sigh out of relief. "Oh Carl, you can be silly sometimes." Silver go for a hug, hugging Carl more tighter than before, but not enough to make him uncomfortable as she always know his body is weaker and more fragile than most kids of his age.

"Nothing, I mean nothing will ever keep me away from visiting you, even if you live in the other side of the world, I will visit you every opportunity I got, I would even live with you if I must nor will I ever stop becoming your friend. Not in our life time or in a million years..." Because the moment you become older by few more years, we will become more than just 'friend' and I will devourer, figuratively speaking that is.

"That's reassuring." He said to himself.

"It would be nice if that's true..." He thought's.

'But at some point of our life, there's a great chance that one of us will stop talking to each other for a long time, whether it because we start to be conscious of each other gender...' As he take a glimpse of Silver to admire her beauty, and her natural platinum hair, and a quicker glimpse of looking at Silver body that has been growing at a noticeable pace, at the rate of her growth, she will stand out among her peers of same age who will grow normally, not only looking a bit older than most of her friends but also possess alluring beauty in a way.

Both glimpse that Silver not failed to take notice of.

'...or we found our own group of friends to hang out with, that we won't have enough time to hand out with each other, although the latter reason is most likely be hers since I doubt I will have a easy time making friends than her since I'm sure Silver is a popular girl in her school, she's pretty, smart, athletic, and sometimes, a really cool cousin, but really spoiled however... It's hard to become friends with bunch of immature kid around my age who are easily jealous of my appearance alone. Perhaps older kids will react worst, or perhaps not. At this rate, I might become friends with housewives and old people in the park instead.' 

'Whether I like or not, I'm sure one day that Silver will met her own group of friends and even a boy she like and fall in love with...'

Cough... Peter Parker.... Cough. Who is coughing?

'....and she will soon forget about cripple ol'me...' As Carl keep thinking negative thought about himself to himself. He doesn't realize his thought is more or less being read like an open book, every body language his body producing, his deep sigh, the sad face, is being carefully watch and analysis by one of the least person he expected, his friend, Silvija Sablinova, who is still young, have yet to learn to read people thoughs... Or so he thought. As for Silver reaction of reading Carl face? She's not liking it one bit, that's for sure.

'Perhaps if we live in the same neighborhood instead of another country, there's a chance that will friendship will last but it be better for me to prepare the worst.' This time, he thought end with a heavy sigh.

"Hey. Carl, look at me..." Lacking confidence, as he lazily look to Silver eyes. Something Silver notice easily, she raise his chin with a finger which turn into holding his face on his cheek with her both hands, to make him look at her eyes properly, but also to employ a touch of affection to disperse whatever negative thought is left in his heart and mind.

A psychological peace and harmony between two player, one of whom doesn't realize he is part of it in the first place.

"I can promise you this, this friendship of ours." Said Silver as she focus even more of her eyes into Carl's own, with her thumb affectionally rub Carl cheeks, which seem to be working. .

"You are not the only who treasure this... You are more than my bestfriend, more than my cousin-" She stopped for a good second until she continued hurriedly. "-even though we not blood related in any way-" She quickly reminded to both of them, especially to him about the fact. "-In a way you are everything I care about. You are my world."

She take a deep breath to prepare the last thing she need to said to him. The most important part.

"Per... we... co... ev..." The last part she want to say to him, the most important part she must say to progress their friendship to the next life is unfortunately a failure. She did not have what it take's to risk everything that she deeply care about for something she strongly desire. She is terrified of losing it all. Of losing Carl.

Too quiet for Carl to hear her properly let alone understand what she is trying to say.

"What did you said? I didn't properly hear you about the last part." Carl told her.

"Too soon... Too soon." Is all Silver said to him, but more so to herself until she she forcefully change the topic.

"Yes, about what I would make you do if I was the one to win the bet... Just promise me that you would not laugh about it." She does NOT know what she is doing. All she want to do is trying to divert the previous topic at ALL cost.

"I promise." Carl promised as he thought. 'How bad could it be? She probably want me to complete several of her homework that she has yet to complete.'

"I was gonna make you kiss me."

'Oh god... Oh man... Oh God...! Oh Man...! Oh God! Oh Man!' Instantly our Main Character thought become a mess. With 9 INT, it be hard for his brain to have a hard time to process the information he have been given.

'I have a feeling that I knowing exactly where is this heading into.' As our Main Character continued panicking, he braced himself as he unconsciously lick his lips.

As for our dear Heroine... 

Her current thoughts is not much different when compare to our Main Character thoughts.

'Holy ****. What did I just said.' She curse herself, her mistake and herself once last time, as she curse for the first time in a long time.

"But we always do that..." He said as he continued in his head, 'kissing you on the cheek that is...'. Afraid to cause a misunderstanding, causing a rift in their friendship, as she is one of the few friend he have and the only friend he deeply care about, his bestfriend, he force himself to properly listen to what she have to say. Even if he have to ask her to repeat it few more times if he failed to listen it carefully. If that's even possible for our dear Heroine.

"On the lips." She said it perfectly out and clear.
Silver, equally terrified of causing a 'misunderstanding' with Carl, the last thing she want him to misunderstood her answer to make fun of him, because no girl want to kiss a 'cripple'. Carl's words, not her. Or what ever stupid misunderstanding that can happen between them.

Currently, she now believe this is her chance of becoming even closer, and she's going all out, abandoning all procedure, all of her step by step plan to make Carl fall in love with his dear cousin.
Just like when Carl did his best when having a match against her in a video game. In this moment, she is giving all she got, going for a direct assault, where it will be impossible for anyone to misunderstood her action and words towards to him as anything but 'love' if not 'like' at the very least.

"I want you to kiss me on the lips, like how my father and my mother kiss each other. And I want you to take the lead, to kiss me, on the lips, with yours..." She finish with great conviction as if she is asking for her parents-in-law for their son marriage, as her eyes unconsciously land at Carl own lips if not out of reflex,. Something she have began to realize is that Carl happen to look more kissable than before and more vulnerable... 

"Ha...."

A heavy long sigh left from Carl mouth, as he finally accept the situation, the reality he is in.

"Silver, tell me the truth, do you like me as a boy or do you like me as a little brother?"

 

 

TO BE CONTINUE...?

What do you think of Silver writting(for now, 1 chapter too early to ask)? And Uncel Oeznik?
  • Average Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Good Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Great Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Just right enough Yandere/Obsesses Love Interest Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Perfectly Yandere/Obsesses Love Interest to my taste Votes: 5 25.0%
  • I like Uncle Oeznik to be my family/uncle/father/grandfather/butler/headbulter. Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Below Average Votes: 1 5.0%
Total voters: 20 · This poll was closed on Dec 4, 2021 11:30 AM.
86