Chapter 7 His Reason Part 1
2.9k 29 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
1.1k words for this chapter, not as much as others, but I have more completed chapters that I could probably publish today, just need to edit them. Again, hopefully, the previous chapter wasn't off track too much. Hope you guys enjoy this chapter.

So it took more than several days for someone to tell me the momentumn(for a lack of better word does) does not add up. That BECAUSE I the chapter was only 99% COMPLETE. FKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK. So as always, the italic sentence are the edited sentence, you could simply

"...boy..... both. I like you as a boy- I mean as a girl, I see you as a boy... opposite sex! I love you! But I also love you as a family..."

She finally answered with her voice fluctuating, louder than she expected when she embarrassedly correct herself, but not too quiet when she confirm her love, just enough for Carl to hear it properly.

 

Carl let out a heavy sigh one last time before he answer her feelings.

 

"I'm sorry Silver, but we can never be together."

 

"What? Why?!" She raises her voice at him, unintentionally, more so out of pure shock.

"Is it because we're cousins?"

She thought out loud as she hurriedly explains there's nothing wrong with cousins marrying each other, especially since both of them are not blood-related in any way. 

If she were talking about such a serious topic, marriage with a normal eight year old, people will think it would be adorable as they think Silver loves her cousin very much, just like how a son wanted to marry his mother or a daughter wanted to marry her father. It is an adorable story that you sometimes hear from a loving parent.

But it would turn into an odd sight if not somewhat creepy when they realize her love is indeed real 'love' and not some young childish crush, for her to fall in love with someone so young who have yet to properly develop their mentality or physical body because it is an odd sight.

But in case you have failed to realize, Carl, the Main Character is anything but a normal average eight-year-old kid.

Yes, he is an eight-year-old through and through, physically and mentally, even including his fragments of memories from his past life, he is still an eight-year-old kid.

While one can say it does effectively help him mature faster as he can easily learn more about how the world work from another perspective of an average person living in a first world country on a different Earth, but it does not mean Carl is automatically an eighteen-year-old the second his mother gave birth to him nor will he be considered as an actual twenty-six-year-old man (or boy) if he were to receive all of his memory that is worth eighteen years of life right now.

Just because you watch a documentary or a movie that is two hours long and you spend exactly two hours watching it, does not mean you become four hours older, physically or mentally.

But yet, Carl is already more emotionally mature than any normal kids of his age, more than most teenagers, ad even some adults. He is mentally mature enough for him to realize how heavy the subject of marriage.

 

While Carl is still 8 years old, physically and mentally. His emotional, mental maturity is already advanced enough that is parallel to an adult development if not some.

Carl understands it is not something that you can carelessly promise to a girl that you like who you just met in a day. He also understands the heavy consequences of carelessly agreeing to marry someone without thinking about it properly.

Carl understands the concept of marriage and its many purposes. Something that many adults failed to properly think in their early adulthood, some of them even failed to understand what is marriage really about, thus neglecting their responsibilities.

Whether it is because of his proper upbringing by his parents, who despite as much as they want to protect their 'weak' child from the harsh world by making him ignorant of how the world works, forced themself and each other to properly raise their son so he can take care of himself when both of them are unable to be there for him.

Or how he is forced to suffer almost every day, ever since he was born to this world because of his weak body and poor health, fighting every second, every minute, for 8 years straight, just to keep on living on (that somehow, make Steve Roger look like a healthy normal man in comparison, before he was being injected with the Super Soldier Serum), thus was forced to mature much faster than normal kids of his age.

Or perhaps it is because of his fragment memories from his previous life, the realization that he was a reincarnator, is a major wake up call for him to live his life to the fullest, as the possibility of death is more real than ever, as he has once experienced it.

Regardless of the reason behind his fast mental development. He is more capable to think for himself to discuss seriously about marriage. And Silver knows this very well. She is not taking advantage of a naive boy who doesn't know any better, as if he is assuming marriage is some type of food.

"There's nothing wrong with being in love with your first cousin. It is legal to marry a cousin in Symkaria and Sokovia- In fact, it is very normal, even most other countries all around the world allow marriage between the first cousin." said Silver as he desperately trying to change Carl mind of them not being able to be together, even forgetting to mention they are not blood related to each other in any way to increase her chance of success of persuading Carl, mostly because she has always seen him as a cousin, a family, longer than she see him as the opposite sex.

Unfortunately for her. She does not possess 15 CHA. She has to do better than that to properly convince Carl. But even if she has great talent in persuading someone to change their mind about something. Carl is set in stone when it comes to them not marrying.

She must possess 20 CHA stats at the very least if she is trying to convince him with those weak points, and not a single less, if not a talent in diplomacy that only exists once in a century. 

Once again, unfortunately for her, she has neither.

Before Carl can even stop her from continuing, she continued speaking in a faster, louder voice. Enough for anyone outside the room to hear the desperation tone in her voice.

Carl tried calling her name.

"Silver-"

But it was no use, her mind has already started walking into the abyss, it wasn't enough for Carl to bring back some sense to her by simply calling her name.

"Is it because I'm too clingy?"

That was not something that Carl expect to come out from Silver mouth. This was enough to stunt him for her to continue talking, which in turn, continue walking into the abyss.

"I know, I know the real reason why you used to avoid me in the past, the reason you used to hide in a room in the mansion for hours, I tried to play dumb, saying it is a fun way to start our day together by playing hide and seek. It was so you can get away from me, right? To have some space... So you can live in a world where I do not exist. Every time whenever we came to visit you, you wanted to avoid me. It is because I'm too much to handle, isn't it?"

Although she asks Carl for confirmation, she believes she already knows the answer to her questions, and she isn't wrong as her reason isn't far fetched, Carl, at that time have a hard adjusting to her clinginess. As her dead empty eye looked at Carl as he is starting to express anger at Silver, but her brain failed to process Carl expression to her thoughts, an expression that rarely ever appears on his face.

"I make your life even more suffocating by constantly sticking you like... like a parasite. It's already bad enough that you have to live with a weak body and have to endure several dozens of health issues, but now you have to endure an annoying cousin in your life, me! I'm supposed to brighten your day."

'But you do make brighten my day, It is always fun when you are around!' Carl thought as he also wanted to let Silver know, but before he can even say a word, Silver cut him off.

"I always look forward to visiting you because... it's obvious, isn't it? I am dependent on you to live my life, too dependent, I know that, my parents know, and they always try to encourage me to be less dependent on you, because they know I am starting to bother you, they realize that the day you hide away from me for the first time, but I ignored it, believing you will start to welcome me again sooner or later, but I can't help it, I feel the safest with you, I still do, I am most alive when I have you."

"Maybe that's why, you are not interested in some girl with a mess up past, a dirty girl who will always be dirty, no matter how many times she washed her body, a girl who is too dependent on you, too obsessed, too clingy, I'm right aren't I?"

"SIL-VER!!!" As his eyebrow furrowed, Carl yelled her name for the first time in their friendship, something he never does as he is always soft-spoken with her, Carl would not let anyone bad mouth his best friend, Silver, whether it be a stranger or his own parents, not even Silver herself. Regardless it is true or not, no one talk shit behind his friends back.

Especially when they talk about that incident that left her traumatized, becoming an emotionless doll, a sight that Carl never want to see ever again. Right now, Carl is really mad for Silver, even if the one who bad mouth her is herself.

Thinking she will finally knock some sense to her, as he never raised his voice to her before, only to be ignored, once again. 

 

"Maybe... I'm simply not good enough for you aren't I...."

Silver mental state is not good, even worse when compared to seconds ago as now, as Silver has fallen too deep into the abyss, stared at it too long to go back.

"You don't want me, don't you?" She said as she look away from him."

"Even though you are many times weaker than the kids of your age, you never let it stop you from getting what you want. You are four years younger than me but you are smart enough to help me to do my 11th-grade homework as if I'm the dumb one even though I skip several grades and I'm still the top of my class." Said Silver as she look into her hand as if it represent everything she has accomplished but only to see nothing but air, not even dust.

"Even though in reality, you are just really smart, that you even make me feel like I am actually dumb sometimes as if I am not studying hard enough, even though I study every single day, every night before bed and every day after breakfast," said Silver as tears started to form in her eye, threatening to fall to her cheek.

For the first time, she finally reveals part of her insecurity to someone, insecurity that not even her mother know, as Silver shared many secrets with her, and the first person she reveals the secret of her insecurity to someone, that someone happens to be the main culprit, the one who causes all of her insecurity.

Carl wanted to call her name once last time but the sudden revelation is too shocking for him to process what she just said that he got his tongue-tied.

"Not only that, but you are also already successful in life. Before you even become a 10 year old, you are already a multi-millionaire, all of it which you earned from the business that you build from the ground up, not even including the investment in other people businesses around the world and the stock you invested, as they have slowly started to reveal its true worth, all of which are easily worth in the total range of hundreds of millions. I wouldn't be surprised sooner than anyone realize, you probably become the youngest billionaire without even realizing it."

And this is not an exaggeration, unfortunately for Silver. It is the absolute truth, Carl's potential to become the youngest billionaire isn't an exaggeration, not even a bit. 

Carl has always for a thing for business ever since he first receive a few of his fragment memories from his past life that involves how the future look like (which isn't bright, to be honest), with his knowledge he learns from a much more developed world which can basically describe as the future, he is able to more or less predict which business will succeed for the next decade or so like Netflix, and which business will bound to fail like the Blockbuster.

At first, it was primarily to fund his plan to improve other people lives that suffer every day just like him, but now, after finally receiving the fragment memory of a possible future event in his universe, his biggest reason is to fund his ultimate mission to stop Thanos, the Mad Titan and other-worldly crisis, unfortunately.

Despite still being young where kids his age has yet to understand how basic math's work, he doesn't let it affect his goal nor let his inexperience stop him, not when it comes, he made plenty of mistake in business for sure, but he always learns from them to do better.

If his young age legally prevents him from doing business in a certain country including his home country, Sokovia, then he simply had to ask his parent's for assistance to do it on his behalf, but he never asked them for anything else.

While he did borrow a massive amount of money from his parents to fund his business and invest in other people businesses and stocks that he believes has potential, the amount of money he borrowed is more than a small million dollars.

Even he had to work for the amount of money that he borrowed from his parents. He had to convince both of his parents not as their son but as a businessman, whether he want to borrow another dollar or another million to use it as capital. As much as they want to adore the sight of Carl 'acting' as a young businessman and the thought of him wearing a grown man suit, they can't help but treat him serious after being amazed and convinced by Carl's business plan.

Not only that, Carl has long already repaid every single dollar he borrowed from his parents before a year has passed, even though his parents stubbornly refuse it at first as they want him to keep it after he works so hard for it. None of them expects their son to be able to pay them back even a dime. 

They expect their son to only be able to start paying his debt after a few years after learning the rope of business and making few mistakes here and there, if not a decade after becoming an adult or so as the amount of money he borrowed over the year was not considered a small amount that can be paid overnight unless he hit a jackpot more than several times in a row out of pure luck.

But he did make an insane amount of profit, some overnight, some in matters of weeks if not months. He hit jackpot not out of pure luck, but rather pure business skill, and perhaps a bit of luck. Earning him a nickname, no, a title by his admirers and fans in the business community.

Midas

But Carl was a boy, no... he was already a man of his word, more than some adults, and more stubborn than most adults as he insist they should take the money or he will do something he has never done before, throwing a tantrum.

None of this would be possible without his incredibly high mental attribute stats.

He wouldn't be able to borrow even half of the amount he borrowed if he only had 10 CHA.

Without 9 INT, he would take more time learning business if he has a single less point in INT.

And with 9 WIS, Carl is not only able to learn his mistake when starting a business but also from other people, not only from people in this world but also from the previous world.

It is only normal for Carl's cousin to be jealous of his success, even just for a moment. She is but a human. Very few people will be able to control this dangerous emotion before it spread like a wildfire, hurting others and themself in the process.

But fortunately, Silver is one of them.

"Uncle Helmut and Auntie Heike even trust that you are capable of handling the responsibilities of taking care of the family business where I am probably not yet ready to even take care of my family estate."

Something that only happened after Carl's great demonstration in his business decision skill when he first made his 10 times the amount of money he borrowed.

"The worse part is that you are somehow prettier than me... ME!" 

"I was considered as the prettiest girl in my school district, even as far as beating the older girls, but somehow you are prettier than me even though you are just a boy. If I am not smart as you, or prettier than you, what do I have to give to you in exchange for your love? I'm so... so sorry but I can't help it, I can't help but be jealous of your beauty, jealous of everything about you, even though..."

She stops, as a single teardrop finally break free from her eye as she tried to wipe it with her hand.

Too ashamed to show her face to the person she loves the most, whom she deeply respects after recently revealing her dark thought to him, become even more embarrassed to show her crying face.

She quickly looks away, looking at the ground as her tears continue rolling down to her cheeks, falling onto her lap.

"Even though... I know... I know- I know it's wrong to be jealous of someone, to someone I love-, to you! I just can't help myself. Of course, you don't want me!" She screamed, not at him but at herself as she covered her head with her arm, as if she is trying to hide from the abyss that started to look back after she stare at it too long.

"Why would you? There are countless girls out there that are far prettier than me, smarter than me, girls that also don't cry easily, and much less annoying and even less clingy... Who also won't be jealous of your success and looks. They would always be proud of you without thinking horrible things."

"Why do I deserve to love you when I am jealous of everything good that has happened to you when you have been suffering every single day since you were born?"

"What do I have to offer to you, to the world? Nothing... nothing but annoyance and nuisance..."

 

 

 

 

 

To be continued....?

 

 

 

In case if anyone is too worried about Silver past incident that it is some NTR, rape past that they would rather drop the series than continue reading thus risking re-living your own trauma of your first time experience ntr material, no worries. There isn't any. Netori probably won't exist either. The next chapter probably will be published in next hour or so if nothing happen, like I accidentally edit 2-4k more words, clumsy me and got offtrack so hard, I somehow started to mention Skyrim for a 1k for some reason, clumy thick me I know. I know I probably should just post a chapter in a month to have the best quality control I have, but I just want to share my work. ENJOY.

FKKKKKKKK its 3k WORDS!!!!!

64