Chapter 10 Her Reason Part 1
2.4k 23 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3rd Perspective of View (POV)   

Oh wow, we are close to ending this romance mini-arc, don't worry, Spiderwoman/Patricia Parker will soon appear, after two new character appearances, wink wink. Also. 3.1k words. wohoo

.

.

.

.

.

"Why?" Carl ask.  

"Because I love you, silly." Said Silver as if it is the most obvious thing, which it was. It didn't exactly answer his question, but that was because she has yet to say everything that she want to say.  

Silver then began to tell a story to explain her love for him. 

"When I was young… my friends tend to tease me around that I am in love with my cousin, with you but when they know I also see you as my surrogate little brother, they then started jokingly tell me I have a brother complex, teasing me by calling me a brocon, an adjective that I am not familiar of but when I look up the definition, they were 100% correct, I am in indeed in love with my little brother, madly so in fact."    

"But then, they told me it is just a phase, that I will stop having a crush on you because once I realize how wide our age gap is, and start to become more conscious of the opposite sex as I get older, that I will start to look at the other boy's direction and I will only see you as a little brother as a normal sister should or so they say..."   

As Silver talk about how her friends will expect her to be more interested in boy's, Carl cannot help but feel worried that he will lose her as he already believes that one day Silver will be started to hang out less with him as she will be busier with her group of friends.   

"She's my best friend, if she started to have a boyfriend, she will be too busy to visit me. I can't forbid her to not have a lover, can... I?-" Carl thought stopped as he realize something wrong with his thinking process.  

"Wait a minute. Since when did I get possessive of her?" Carl thought to himself as he realizes he is starting to be possessive of Silver.  

It wasn't long ago Silver was clinging to his existence and was quite disturbed by her excessive clinginess that he went as far, now he almost starting to think to do the same thing the moment to Silver as he realizes the possibility of her leaving him is real.  

It is an ironic situation and there have been too many of those things happening lately. 

Carl realizes his thoughts are starting to become possessive, and he is afraid of it, afraid that he will start to act possessive instead of just simply thinking of it. The thought of Silver telling him that he is starting to be 'controlling' and she needs some space completely terrifies him, afraid that he will not only ruin their friendship but also end it.

Silver is easily able to see through Carl thought, fear is what she saw, she realizes Carl fear losing her, his best friend, but what she doesn't know is Carl is also afraid of her pushing her away if he also started to cling on her excessively. 

Silver noticed his fear in his expression, fear of losing her, and so she reassure him calmly. "Hey. Carl? Don't worry. I won't leave you just because I have a boy who I like or a group of friends I have found." Said Silver as she lightly lean her forehead to his.  

"I told you before already, no?" She continues to reassure him as she nuzzles her nose with his own.  

An affectionate gesture that she has always done with him even long before her confession. A gesture that Carl also enjoy doing so as well, as it always improves his mood whether he is happy or sad.  

And it did, her effort did not end up in waste as it quickly improve Carl mood from his depressing thoughts, but it quickly disappear as well as his mood quickly improve.

She has already told him to not be worried before, but such depressing thoughts cannot disappear with just a few words and a single comforting gesture.  

All he can do is hope for the best, and prepare for the worst.  

As her forehead leans on to his, she enjoys smelling the sweet scent that Carl's body naturally produces and the shampoo and soap he used, for some reason, she always smelled mint, vanilla and musk from his body, she doesn't exactly know why as he never used perfumes or cologne, and it certainly not a scent left from other women such as her mother or her aunt Heike, the only woman who Carl has any physical intimacy with.

She doesn't dislike it, she loves it in fact, Carl's natural body scent with the fragrance from the shampoo and soap he used always makes her feel safe.

As their forehead leans on each other, Silver looks at Carl in the eyes to admire his beautiful crimson eye, not even the slightest inferior in term of attractiveness when compared to his other attractive features such as his beautiful snow-white skin and his white long silky hair for example. 

Although in Silver opinion, Carl's eye is the most beautiful thing she has ever seen, like the red sky during sunset but ten thousand times more breathtaking.

Silver hair colour is almost similar to Carl's hair, platinum-blonde to be exact, if her skin tone is also milky white as Carl, one could mistake them to be actual blood-related siblings.  

As she admired Carl, she quietly thought to herself, "Even though that boy I like is 100% you and only you. Carl can be very silly sometimes..."  

"But my friends are wrong" She continued explaining to Carl. "They are a bunch of fool-" She stopped herself from unintentionally bad-mouthing her friends.  

"Alright, perhaps that is a bit harsh and too much." Silver said to herself as she realize she come quite close to backbiting her friends, an act that she knows is wrong, intentionally or unintentionally as she experience it herself many times.  

An act that she also knows that Carl completely disapproves of, regardless of whether the person deserved it or not, as he is also a victim of backbiting which is something she doesn't know, however.

Carl has upstanding morale and character. This encourages Silver to be equally upstanding as well in terms of characteristics and through action, all so she can be the perfect wife for Carl. 

She is not being good only so she can be praised by Carl, she is sincere and quite serious when it comes to noble in terms of characteristics. Even when Carl isn't there to see it.

Just like when Carl does charity work and other noble acts, he never advertises his good deeds to the public, not even to Silver as it took months for her and even her parent to discover his charity act.

There's a reason why Carl is still unknown to the public eyed despite being so successful and influential at a young age, at least for now that is. 

The last thing Silver want is Carl to view her badly, seeing her as a two-faced person, the same people who smile at them and both of their parents in political events but would not hesitate to stab them in the back if it means they would gain benefit for doing so.

As Silver part away from her forehead from his, she nervously let out a cough, embarrassed for showing such a dishonourable act to the person she loves, but all Carl see is an adorable girl who he admired as well, this includes her current action as she realizes her mistake and corrects it on the spot. Carl can't help but let out a small smile, an act that Silver failed to notice as she is too embarrassed.

"But they are wrong." Said Silver before she correct herself. "No, they are completely wrong. They don't know a single thing about you, as I have never told them a thing despite how much they budge me to tell a few things my dearest cousin."

Besides the fact she endlessly praised Carl to her friend about how adorable he is, and how much she want to just kidnap him and bring him home to Symkaria.

"I am not stupid. I long have realized how extraordinary attractive you are" Which is an understatement that they both know.

"If my female friends have ever seen a glimpse of your appearance, no doubt all of them will fall in love with you at first sight and for sure will go mad of jealousy of me as I have such a beautiful, handsome yet adorable cousin who I can visit every week or so." Said Silver before she stopped and unintentionally show a terrifying expression to Carl as her eye become empty when she continued.

"They might even trick me to allow them to come along to visit you, but nope, our private fun time is only for us two, outsiders are not allowed." Said Silver as she lean her body to Carl so she can gently embrace his body, leaving out a few facts about what would happen.  

Such as a great possibility that some of her friends might even be willing to ruin their friendship with Silver so they have a chance to be with Carl. 

As Silver embraces Carl body that is a bit smaller than most kids of his age, as one could mistake him to be a girl as his shoulder length is quite narrow even among girls. She holds him tighter, but not enough to hurt him as if she is shielding him from the harsh world that will surely hurt him.

She doesn't hesitate to believe that Carl's beauty will attract surely trouble. 

Call it a woman instinct if you must. But such a conclusion does not require a great level of intelligence. Especially since she experience the ugly side of humanity herself, Jealousy, envy, hate, anger and other negative human emotion in the past. She is familiar with many of them.

Silver isn't naïve to think there aren't people out there that has their eye on Carl, looking at him as if he is but an object, a possession. 

She might sound like a hypocrite, but she isn't. Yes, she has plenty of thoughts of kidnapping and locking him somewhere safe where he won't be able to escape and where no one can find him, but she knows such thoughts isn't normal, and doing it for real will surely make Carl hate her.

Her love for him easily overpowered her darker side to horrible things at Carl.   

As much as she admired his cousin beautiful appearance that one will mistake him for an angel in a child form and even be jealous of it from time to time, even she realizes it as slowly Carl physically mature, his heavenly appearance will soon become a curse instead of a blessing.

She quickly disperses her upsetting thought as she continues to where she left off.

"They don't know how handsome you are..." Said Silver as she stopped embracing Carl as she instead gently caress his soft cheek.

"Or how soothing your voice is every time you speak." As she lay her head on top of his chest as she gave him the look of love, something that is impossible for Carl to not notice as to how close their face are to each other.

"Or how soft or beautiful your hands are." Said Silver as she gently hold his hand and interlock their finger with each other. 

"Or the incredible things you have accomplished at such a young age..." Compliment Silver one more time, telling Carl the thing she admires about him.

Silver raises her head to look at Carl's face, realizing the fact his blushing like crazy, most likely because of her embarrassing compliments about him and physical intimacy of a whole new level. 

Carl long has already experienced physical intimacy with Silver, hugging, holding hands and sleeping on the same bed, but never like this, the action is the same yet the emotion is completely different.

It is similar to that of a lover, like how his parents express their love to each other even when Carl is in the same room with them.

Silver, however, doesn't want Carl to realize how red his face is, fearing that he will cover his face with his hands. It was a rare sight even for Silver, and she want to treasure every second of it. If only she has a camera to take a picture of him. She would treasure the picture as if it is a national treasure to her country, Symkaria.  

She looked away for a brief moment, not wanting to make him suspicious, but she can't help herself but slyly look back at him, staring at his beautiful crimson eyes once more to avoid making him suspicious, and continue telling Carl the wonderful things that she admires about him, "Or how supportive you were for me... when I need help the most." She calmed herself by taking a deep breath and continued as she gently hold one of his hands and lead it to her cheek.  

"If they know one-tenth of fantastic things about you, and my friend still said the same thing. It would mean that they are trying to trick me to leave you so they can have you for themselves..." Said Silver as she shut her eyes, afraid that such a thing could happen, that the world will try to separate her from him.  

"But I have long realized, I do not have a simple crush on you, not anymore, not after the things you willing to do for me when I was at my lowest point." Said Silver as she open her eyes to look at Carl's, only to see his stun expression of hearing her full explanation.  

"The days when you refuse to have proper sleep even for a whole week, where you make sure that I fall asleep first, as you willing to endure staying up for hours in the middle of the night to gently comfort me from my nightmare, even as far as making sure I finish my meal by spoon-feeding me for more than a week."  

"Even though no one told you to do any of that, not even my parent's as they tried to persuade you not to as you were ruining your health doing so, only for you to persuade them otherwise, not just my parents but yours as well with just a few words."  

"You willing to help me recover from my trauma, even at the cost of your own health. My parents weren't exaggerating, they were really afraid of something bad will happen to you if you-" Silver stopped, unable to finish what she is trying to say.

"How can I not help but to be fall in love with you after the things you did for me. How can I not help but to be obsessive about you, you- YOU STUPID!" Silver become emotional of all sorts, mad at Carl yet terrified for his life as well, as tears began to appear in her eyes, threatening to fall as she reminded herself how life-threatening Carl put himself at that time just so he can help her when no one told him to.

Realizing that she had just insulted Carl for the first time in her life, she wiped her tears as she apologized for her sudden insults to him, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to insult you." Said Silver as she quickly caress Carl cheek with both of her hands to sincerely express her apology.

"But I mean it when you were being so reckless with your health, your own life, you stu-stupid, fool, dull-witted, empty-headed, dummy." She continued insulting him as she stretch his soft cheek apart.

As she continue to finish wiping her tears with her hand, she continued talking to Carl, "I have long realized that I am completely in love with you."

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you, to grow old together as our hair turning grey."

"To wake up on the same bed every morning, to have kids and raising them together and maybe even live long enough to see our grandkids, perhaps even seeing our great-grandkids..."   

"But-" Before Carl can say another word. She covers his lips with her own, giving him a quick kiss, which effectively stuns him again just like before, which she quickly takes the moment to cover his lips once more with her finger instead, gesturing him to allow her to finish. 

Carl nod to tell her to tell he understands, to which Silver reply by snuggling her way into his arms, embracing each other body before continuing to speak.   

"I can wait when you are ready to say it, even if I have to wait for a whole decade. I just... want to let you know I love you. It is not some puppy love my friends warn me about. I never care about the fact that you have a weak body. Although I can't lie that I do love how handsome you are despite being only 8 years old. I can't imagine what you will look like when you grow older. I'm sure you be breaking many young girls heart, as my mother like to say to you"   

"As for the main reason we can't be together..." She stopped for a second to think and then continued speaking. "Does it mean that if your body condition improved, does that mean we can officially together, as a boyfriend and girlfriend, and then, fiance and fiancee, and lastly husband and wife?"    

"Uh- Yes?..." Carl answered in uncertainty as he is not sure where is this going despite possessing great intelligence and wisdom.

"Good! What is there to worry about?" Said Silver, joyfully to know Carl 'accept' her confession... in a way.   

"What?!-" Carl almost yelled as he stopped himself to avoid attracting unwanted attention to their talk.

"Silver, please." Carl begs her for her to understand the situation properly. 

"We can't just hope for the best, we should also prepare the worst. For all of my life, there has never been a time where the condition of my body improves. I am not sure that-"   

"But has there ever been a time where your condition worsens?" Ask Silver as she cut him off.   

Carl paused for a good second to think to answer the question, with his intelligence, he would be able to quickly think of an answer to her question. Carl answered instinctively yet correctly answer her question nevertheless.

"...No..." 

65