Chapter 14 Incredibly Bold Move
1.6k 8 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Best name for female version for Peter Parker.
  • Petra Parker from (Earth-TRN454) Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Penelope Parker from (Earth-11) Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Other Suggestion (Post in Comment Section) Votes: 1 4.0%
Total voters: 25 · This poll was closed on Jan 25, 2022 06:38 PM.

19/1. This chapter (and the next as I have divided it into two) makes me laugh a bit, hopes you guys enjoy reading the chapter as much as I do. Also, I hope I'm not writing too much fluff in one go (the fluff is actually in the next chapter). I really want to show you guys some action scenes as well but I can't help but add 2k more words to this chapter to the quality of the chapter better, it originally has less than 2k words... So you already know where this is heading.

I don't regret it one bit, I don't think the chapter is too off the main path. And I don't think female Peter Parker will appear soon, not in three chapters or even five assuming the average words per chapter is 2-4k. I could rush into Parker (Spiderwoman) moment, but not without losing the quality of the chapter and the series overall.

So sorry mate. Shouldn't have half promised or even answer the question in the first place. You guys have to wait a bit longer for his appearance.

Also, her name, need to make a poll about that.

I think this is my best chapter yet, funny I said that many times in many different chapters, but only because I realize I'm getting better at writing chapter after chapter, I could just take a glimpse of the early chapter even after editing with Grammarly, and I would still die of cringe.

21/1. I probably have re-read this chapter part four times or more. Every time I read it the next day I always find a sentence/paragraph that I don't find satisfying. On one hand, it means my writing is improving every single day or every chapter. But on other hand, I can never be satisfied so this has to do or you guys never get to read it even till the next week.

I lied, I will read this one more time.

Also, the next chapter will be updated in the next several hours. No promises tho.

 

22/1 THE TEMPTATION TO JUST READ IT AGAIN AND EDIT ANOTHER HUNDREDS WORDS IT TOO REAL.

 

ALSO 3.2K WORDS! Enjoy!

***
"Carl."

"Yes?"

"Did I hear... that right? Are you real? Did I- Am I dreaming? Is this a dream?"

Carl can't help but chuckle at Silver as she pinches herself to see if she is truly dreaming or not. He can't blame her either, he was quite stubborn trying to find reason to turn down her confession.

Silver knows that Carl was quite determined on turning her down. Even after confessing her love to him with all of her heart, noticing her last words had an actual effect on him, she still didn't have much confidence that it will be enough.

Just like they both said a moment ago, "Hope for the best, Prepare the worst."

"Silver, I realize I was... perhaps I was a bit too pessimistic. I didn't have any hope to find love, but you change my mind. I will only regret it if I don't at least try. I want... I want... I want to know what it felts to be loved."

"I don't want that love to be with just anyone, I want it to be you. And no, this is still not a dream." Said Carl, as he notice Silver was still pinching her forearm every few seconds or so.

Silver, who was confused about a moment ago, whether this was a dream or reality, slowly changes her expression as she listens to every word that Carl's is saying.

From confused to surprise to joy. There is no word to describe her happiness as she can't help but give him a bear hug, not figuratively but rather literally a bear hug that caused him to yelp.

"Ow-"

"Oh, God. Carl, I'm sorry. Are you alright? Are you hurt?" Silver look around Carl body as she lifts his shirt to see if she left a bruise on his torso or even possibly broken bones.

It wasn't the first time Silver unintentionally left a bruise on Carl's body, and certainly won't be the last as long as his body is terrifyingly weak, despite the fact, such an incident can only be counted with two fingers throughout their history together, which shows how careful she is around him and how truly overjoyed she is to forget to control her strength when hugging him.

Carl didn't want to make her all worried and he certainly didn't want to ruin his now, girlfriend happy go merry mood, so he reassure her that he is alright and hug her back.

But in reality, he is in quite a pain but he didn't want to look weak in front of the girl he likes whose confession he had recently accepted, just because she hugged him harder than usual.

The thing was Silver didn't even use any real strength that can make kids of younger of his age be in pain, as one needs to intentionally use a great amount of strength to make a child uncomfortable let alone experience pain. He simply has a weak body than most kids of his age, which is an understatement.

So he hides his pain, well enough until he hugs her back, where he be able to hide the pain in his eyes from her.

Obviously, such detail was noticed by Silver, especially when Carl facial expressions change when he hugs her back. She may not have a third eye on her back but he can still sense his expression changes with her acute 6th sense. She didn't say anything but she fully appreciates his or should she say her boyfriend thoughtful gesture.

Silver then began to rub her cheek onto Carl's like a child she is and express her love for him while gently wrapping her arms around his body.

"I love you."

"I love you."

"I love you."

"I love you."

"I love you."

Over and over again.

"AND I LOVE YOU MORE THAN HER... EVEN THOUGH YOU-"

"Enough."

As Carl listens to Silver confessing her love to him several times per second. He wants nothing but to just lay down on a bed or even the ground to sleep. All the crying actually exhaust him. But he resist his desire to sleep as there is still one last thing he needed to discuss with Silver.

You would think they have enough talk for the day. He would have completely agreed with you, he really want to just lay down and rest.

Carl's constitution attribute point is the bare minimum the System allow their user to have without suffering dire consequences such as death after being born, this leads to his need for daily naps in the middle of the daylight.

Fortunately, it is nothing too serious when compared to the other health conditions Carl has to endure but it can be a real nuisance when he has so many things to do and never enough time.

But the topic he wishes to talk about with Silver is quite important.

Carl called her by saying her name with a serious tone. "Silver."

"Yes...?" Silver stopped rubbing her cheek with his and separated her body from his own to look at him in the eyes.

Carl, notice the large smile on her face. For the many year's he has been with Silver, this was the first time he have ever seen such a beautiful smile on her face. It was obvious this was the happiest moment he has ever seen her.

Silver also notices the serious tone in her boyfriend's voice, as much as she wants to not smile so she can take him seriously, she can't.

She tries to force herself to not smile with her hand but only end up giggling herself like a little girl she is who is also stupidly in love as she covers her cheeks with both of her palms.

Even now, she still can't believe what is happening and can't help but smile.

How can she not?

For the first time, her greatest dream has been achieved and she didn't need to kidnap him or do anything despicable that can make Carl hate or resent her.

She is still isn't sure if she's dreaming or not, so she gave herself another pinch.

If she is dreaming. She isn't sure if she wants to be awake from her dream, and she realizes that's a terrifying thought but she can't help herself as she experiencing her version of heaven.

When Carl notice the beautiful smile on Silver face, he quickly changed his mind and told her, "It was nothing", afraid of potentially turning the best day of her life into her worst day for what he will say.

Especially when he noticed the love shape in her eyes appears once again and the colour of her heart on her chest that was originally coloured Red has now turned Gold.

He realize he still doesn't understand what they mean and reminded himself to look it up in the System description of the new feature later on.

As for the talk... He can always talk about it in the next day or so. For now, he will let Silver-

No... for now he will let himself and Silver enjoy the moment, the day when they confess their love to each other, and sleep before dinner time.

Usually, Silver would sleep along with him on the same bed, but when Carl would have a short nap instead, she would try or pretend to sleep along only to end up admiring his cousin adorable sleeping face and maybe even play his soft cheek a few times... but now she decides to do something new, something different, something incredibly bold.

In the past when they were merely best friends, they did all sorts of physical intimacy with each other. Nothing too inappropriate for their age, not in Sokovia or Symkaria culture at least.

Kiss on cheeks. Sleeping on the same bed. Having a bath together. Etcetera.

All of it was Silver idea and Carl just play along.

But now she decides to do something that her own very mother warns her not to do carelessly to anyone but her future husband.

Giving a lap pillow.

Silver mother is a firm believer that a lap pillow is a sacred act that can only be done between a husband and wife.

Sex? That's as well since the consequences of a daughter of a nobleman bearing an illegitimate child is even direr within the world of noble than a normal woman. At least in conservative countries like Sokovia and Symkaria at least.

But Silver is asexual who has no interest in sex, something that her own mother know about as well. Silver also has already learned about sex education, so her mother can rest assured that she won't have unplanned parenthood.

Kissing someone on the lips? That too, but Silver only has her eyes on her cousin, and she is set on making him her future husband.

Anastasia is Silver mother, of course she knows her daughter has a major crush on her younger cousin.

Obviously, she has her mother blessing to woo her own cousin but such sacred activity can only be done if she successfully makes Carl her's.

And she did, she succeeds in a way as Carl is her future husband, unofficially at least, and when she did give her boyfriend her lap to use as a pillow, and she experience great joy. It was worth the wait. She now understands why her mother is so strict, telling her to not carelessly give lap pillows to anyone, even if that person is her surrogate little brother who is also her cousin. 

At first, when she told Carl that he will give her a lap pillow after saying he was going to take a nap, he hesitate as they have never done it before. But Silver can be stubborn as him and he knows that. Thus, he gives in after a few seconds of her begging him to allow her to do it.

"Please Carl. Please. Please. Please. Please-"

"Ok."

It was the first time they had done such a thing together and it was a lovely experience and Carl would be lying through his teeth if he was to say he doesn't love it.

But it was quite embarrassing for him however as Silver didn't bother of hiding the fact that she is admire his face, not secretly taking a peek every few seconds. She would also play with his hair, if not playing with his soft cheek, all while having this cheeky grin on her face.

It would have been a good nap if someone didn't laugh for some reason.

"Pfft..."

"What's wrong?" Carl open his eye as he asked Silver. She however didn't say anything as she cover her smile while failing horribly trying to suppress her laughter.

"Why are you laughing?" Carl tried to sit upright from his slumbers to see what was it that she was laughing about. But Silver stops him as she brings his head back to her lap.

Instead, Carl turns his body around so he can see Silver face better only for his eye to be covered by her hands. Although she covered his eyes, his ears are still left open, as he can hear her snickering.

"Stop. Stop laughing. Why are you laughing? You making me feel embarrassed."

Although Carl said he feels embarrassed, he can't help but laugh along as Silver laughter was contagious. He continues demanding her to stop laughing as he playfully blows her body, which just makes her laugh harder instead.

It wasn't long ago that they look like a married couple as the wife is giving her beloved tired husband her lap to use as a pillow for him to rest on. But now, they look like best friends who are playing a joke to each other.

"It's nothing. It's just that- when you said all of those things about the responsibility of a husband to his wife, I realize how adorable you were... You are only three younger than me. You look- cute, absolutely adorable." Silver explained as she is secretly disappointed with the fact that she can't take a picture of their moment together.

Even if she carries one in her hand, she understands it is inappropriate for her to take pictures at those moments as they both were mentally vulnerable. It was as if she was not taking him seriously.

"Eh?!" Turns out Silver was laughing at him and he even laughed along without knowing why.

He didn't like reason, especially the adorable and cute part. Carl doesn't have much confidence when it comes to his masculinity.

He turns the direction of his body away from her where she can't see his face, which he has no doubt that his face is turning red out of embarrassment. He even pouts to show his annoyance in Silver were to see his face. But his head still rests on her body, to show he isn't really mad.

He understands she didn't mean anything when she laugh at him and she knows he's not really mad.

"But you know..." Carl stopped pouting when Silver talked, but only to her giggling to herself. She takes a deep breath to calm herself before continuing. "You were also pretty cool. I feel like... I am the luckiest girl on Earth for having such a responsible husband. I feel safe already, then again... I always feel safe when I am around with you." She finished as she plays with his hair.

"Boyfriend." Carl corrects her in his head, but he didn't dislike it as he understands it is merely a nickname and she is merely playing around, so he let her have her fun.

Carl takes a deep breath before he closes his eyes, enjoying Silver's affectionate touch, caressing his hair as his head still resting on her lap, already forgetting the fact he is supposed to pretend to be mad at Silver as she merrily sings.

"Husband~ Husband~ Husband Carl~ Darling~ Darling~ Darling Carl~ Love~ Love- Love-Love Carl~"

The lyric was obvious random that just appeared in her head, but her soothing voice makes it pleasing for him to hear but she stop singing as she ask him which pet name he prefer?

"Hey, Carl... Which one do you think is the best? Love. Darling. Husband. Honey. Angel. Hmm... Hubby, Hubby Carl?"

Carl found her excitement trying out all kinds of pet names to be more than just amusing. So he plays along. So he turn around his head to look at her in the eyes and said, "Yes, my Silver Sunshine?"

*Critical Hit!

"Oof. I'm sorry love but my heart can't take that. Please don't use that pet name. My heart- My heart can't take it."

"Do you dislike it?" Carl teases her knowing very well she loves it as he tries to sit upright to look at her expression properly as she currently hiding her face with her hand.

Only to be pulled back by Silver for him to continue resting his head on her thigh. "Goodness no, I love it! It is the most beautiful thing I have ever heard. It's just that- My heart can't take it. My heartbeat literally stopped beating the moment-"

Carl, obviously did the most sensible thing. "Sil. Ver… Sun-"

Silver as she screams at Carl as she stopped him. "Wait! No! Stopped!" She even covers his mouth with her hands.

"I wasn't joking around. I'm being serious. My heart might actually stop beating for good. Please don't." Begs Silver.

Although her eyes sparkled with anticipation, there was also fear deep inside her eyes as her other hand hold her chest as if it would explode any moment.

Instead of her heart stopped beating, it seems Carl teasing rapidly increasing her heartbeat instead as he could even hear her heart beating even when his ears are away from her chest as his head still lay on Silve lap as a pillow.

He believes she was just exaggerating but he doesn't want to test her to find it out whether or not should he prepare to do CRP on her while waiting for an ambulance to arrive.

As she finally calms herself, she started babblings to Carl about why it's a perfect pet name for her and how much she loves it. She then remembers the question she wants to ask him since the beginning.

"By the way, I don't know if you realize this by now but... I never kissed anyone before, however, it seems that you have quite an experience when it comes to kissing a girls lips..."

"Do you mind if I ask who was your first kiss?" Silver asked calmly as her eyes started to be filled with darkness, but in Carl's opinion, there's more light in her eyes than before whenever she is in her odd 'mood' as he likes to call it.

She was progressing in his opinion as her possessive tendency is getting better when compared to the past.

"And who did you practice with for you to be such a good kisser, I wonder?"

"Was it with them?"

"Or was it some girls in Sokovia?" Silver asked calmly once more as her eyes become the void itself.

And just like that Carl takes back his word as Silver's become scarier than usual.

Is it because they are now officially a couple?

He isn't sure nor does he care as he is now in a quite sticky situation.

.

.

.

To Be Continued...?

 

 

Author note EDIT after chapter published. Basically NEW AUTHOR NOTE. Haven't done that for quite some times. Also there will be another chapter in next several hour. Don't think I want to spend another several day re-reading it again and again to spot any flaw, to make it perfect. It is very time consuming.

39