Chapter Eighteen
288 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Six months later*

A delivery boy arrived at the Wang residence. He delivered a letter from a Mr and Mrs Rong who would be arriving with their two sons in three days.

General Wang who received the letter looked at it confused. He didn’t know who this Mr Rong and his wife were and yet they were coming to pay him and his family. Nevertheless, he ordered that the guesthouse be prepared for their visitors.

*Three days later*

Wang Mingsu and his wife patiently waited for their guests to arrive. An hour after noon, a carriage arrived out in front of the residence. Yifan stepped out of the carriage with Qinghe at his side. Lean muscles could be seen through Qinghe’s robes as he stood beside his father proudly.

After speaking to one of the guards, Yifan waited as he went in to notify Mingsu of his arrival. Mingsu and his wife Mei soon came out to greet Yifan.

Mingsu’s eyes gleamed in surprise when he saw the father and son pair outside his home. The gates opened and in walked Yifan. Mingsu grabbed his hands in his and shook them, “May the heavens bless you soul, General Rong, it’s been over two years since I last saw you.”

Yifan chuckled, “It’s good to see you too General Wang, this must be your beautiful wife,” he complimented as he kissed her hand.

“Oh please,” she patted his hand embarrassed.

“It’s true Consort Wang, you are beautiful, the second most beautiful woman I’ve met in Guguryeo since my arrival,” he teased her with a smile.

She raises an eyebrow at him, with a cheeky smile she said, “And I’m guessing the first woman is your wife no?”

Yifan smiled from ear to ear, “Yes but if I knew she was so manipulative, I would have thought twice before marrying her.”

Mingsu and Mei smiled shaking their heads, “And where is the lovely manipulative Mrs Rong?” Mingsu asked.

Yifan looked around then whispered, “How about you invite us in and I’ll introduce you to the most beautiful woman in Guguryeo?”

Mingsu raised a brow and nodded. Yifan motioned for the driver to head in following them. The gates closed behind them.

Mingsu and Mei lead Yifan and Qinghe into the inner courtyard. The carriage stopped behind them, the driver, Bai An jumped off the carriage and opened the carriage door, he took the Changling from Chushan and handed him to Qinghe who gladly took him.

Yifan looked at his son disapprovingly shaking his head. Qinghe looked at his father and rolled his eyes at him. Bai An held his hand out for Chushan who took it and stepped out of the carriage with squinted eyes.

The sun blinded her for a moment but eased on her eyes. She turned around and looked at her parents. Mingsu and Mei’s eyes widened when they saw their daughter. They stood there stunned. Mei’s eyes were already in tears as she stared on in disbelief.

Chushan forced a smile and walked towards her parents. Stopping beside her husband she bowed, “I’m home,” she announced as she straightened her posture.

Hearing her voice they were now convinced that she was really standing before them. They went up to her and hugged her between them as they wailed.

Yifan stood to the side feeling sad. When he lost his wife, he felt helpless and defeated. After he found out that Wang’s weren’t doing well after their daughter passed on, he made sure that he would bring his wife back to her family.

Changling started squirming in Qinghe’s arms, seconds later he started crying. Mingsu and Mei came to their senses when they heard him cry and let go of Chushan. They watched Yifan pick him up and pat him on his back.

“Did you feed him?” Yifan asked Chushan confused because he knew that the child was asleep just now.

She shook her head annoyed, “He's working on my last nerve, I did feed him!”

“How can you say that?” Mei reprimanded her and hit Chushan on her arm. Holding the spot that hurt she looked at her mother wanting to backchat her but knew better.

“She stubborn as well,” Yifan said smugly as he stared at his wife. Chushan’s eyes widened, ‘No wonder he wanted to bring me back, he wanted back up.’

Chushan took her son from her husband and walked into the guest house that was prepared for them, “I want nothing to do with you grownup’s, Qinghe, come here and keep your mother company,” she demanded.

Qinghe looked up at his father and winked then darted into the guesthouse after his mother. MIngsu and Mei looked at their daughter’s departing back in shock. Raising a brow, he asked, “Is this the first time you are seeing her behave this way?”

They both nodded making him sigh, “She’s been like this ever since I met her.”

Leaving his in-laws outside, he headed into the guesthouse after his wife and children. Mingsu and Mei followed quickly behind them and stopped in the bed-chamber when they saw Yifan and Chushan kissing by the edge of the bed while Qinghe and Changling were spread out on the bed asleep.

They looked at this scene confused, wasn’t the baby just crying? The pair stopped kissing and turned to look at their parents. Mingsu spoke, “You two need to explain what’s going on.”

They both nodded. Chushan pushed her husband out of the way whose eyes were dilated and ready to impregnate his wife. He reluctantly followed them to the resting area minding to close the door behind him so that his sons wouldn’t wake up.

Sitting opposite his in-laws next to his wife on the bamboo bench covered in cushions. Yifan and Chushan looked at their scrutinizing gazes feeling uncomfortable.

“Chushan you were dead,” he father started.

“No papa, I wasn’t. We were kidnapped and taken to Shilla where I was held and they were going to ask for a ransom their plan was foiled when Yifan rescued us. When we returned to Guguryeo, we heard that you all mistook me for bodies you found with some of my possessions so I kept quiet,” Yifan turned his gaze away from the complicated looks on his in-laws' faces directing it to his wife.

On their way here they came up with a fabrication that almost sounded logical, seeing that his wife was lying to her parents with a straight face he wondered how many times she lied to him but he knew everything about her already so it was okay.

Sighing Mingsu nodded, “I’m happy that you’re back but we’ll have to inform the emperor, he and his family including the two crown princes attended you wedding and they got into an altercation because of you death,” he said.

Chushan stiffened beside Yifan who rubbed his hand up and down her arm to comfort her, “General Wang, I’d like to request something from you,” Yifan interrupted.

Mingsu nodded his head curiously, “I’d like it if you could keep this to yourself, all we wanted was for you to know that your daughter his well. She was divorced then kidnapped, suffering a trauma that she is still living through during the nights. The two of us got married after her divorce so being that as it may, I think the Crown Prince made it clear with the divorce that he wanted nothing to do with Chushan and only telling them that she is alive will bring misery to both our lives, so please, can you keep our lives to your knowledge only, if not for Chushan then for the sake of our children.”

Mingsu and Mei looked at the pair confused but agreed in the end. They left Chushan and Yifan to rest along with the children.

2