Chapter Five
611 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Evening was nearing while the sun slowly set in the west. Chushan was in her palace garden under the pavilion in front of her guqin singing and playing a tune.

As she plucked the strings, a ring ran out through her palace. Ignoring it she continued to sing.

The boy walked towards the door with a frown. Opening the door slightly he stuck his head through and glared at the handsome man before him. Removing his glare as a flush danced on his cheeks, he cleared his throat, “Can I help you?”

The man looked down at the boy not recognizing him. He looked to his side at the other handsome man standing there then back to the boy, “I’m Dong Woo, here to see Consort Wang.”

“She’s not expecting any guests,” he said looking at Dong Woo.

Narrowing his eyes at the boy he said, “Let us in, she won’t oppose it, especially when her husband the Crown Prince is here.”

Hearing the title Crown Prince, the boy looked at the person beside Dong Woo giving him a once over. Not liking his attitude, Dong Woo was about to say something as he opened his mouth but was interrupted by the swing of the door opening.

Looking at the boy closely he sighed then looked at the Crown Prince. Wu Yong stepped forward over the threshold followed by Dong Woo.

The boy closed the door behind them and looked at the two handsome men. Dong Woo raised a brow at the boy making him beam at him.

“Where’s Consort Wang?” he asked trying to get out of this awkward position.

The boy looked at him then nodded, skipping away he said, “Follow the sound.”

Dong Woo and Wu Yong looked at the boy’s strange behaviour and suddenly heard a sound which made them look at each other. They looked at the boy and followed behind him.

Arriving on the other side of the palace, they could hear a voice sing and soon their eyes saw the silhouette seated in the middle of a pavilion with her eyes closed. She was plucking at the strings of a guqin and singing.

She looked out of this world immersed in what she was doing forgetting about the worldly affairs.

The boy turned to them and smiled with his finger on his lips and started walking towards the pavilion on the grass. Dong Woo and Wu Yong looked at one another then followed him to the pavilion where Chushan sat.

I’m recollecting my memories

I have been hovering around here for a long time

After I let you go, being able to hear your voice

When I stay still and close my eyes, I can feel it clearly

Your scent, the sound of your breathing, down to your tiny smiles

You embraced me, who had been frozen up

Every day, every day, every day I miss you till I get tired and go to sleep

Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow, will I get to see you

In my memories, you are like a dream I wish to bring back

Beneath the dark skies, when I cannot see a thing

I have the courage to run off away to anywhere

You reach out your hand to me who was filled only with wounds

Putting the breath back in me who was dying

You who gifted me with the world again

Even when we’re apart I believe that we are together darling

Now I’ll look over you so that you won’t be lonely

Where are you? Here I am

We will meet again

You who gave me a gift I cannot erase

In the distance between us that has grown wider

In the leftover image of you that I cannot erase

Clear and vivid dream, I’m also crazy today

You keep on hoping, someday we’ll meet again

I hope that my sincerity will open up a path to you

My ever day spent missing you, until I finally reach the place where you are

I won’t stop, I will promise you

Some time, no matter where you are I’ll definitely find you

I’ll definitely hug you the way you had wished for

Wait for me I’ll find you

Like a miracle, I’ll find you

Will you let me live in a dream that is you forever?

Lifting her hands from the strings she placed them back palm down and watched as the strings stopped vibrating.

Pulling her hands to her side she picked up a book and the jade ink brush, dipping it in the ink she started writing.

After a moment of silence the boy cleared his throat. Chushan didn’t look up at him as she spoke, “Who was at the door?”

Smiling back at the two men he turned to look at her saying, “Someone by the name Dong Woo saying that your husband is here.”

The elegant movement of the brush stopped. Raising her head slowly she looked at the boy and the two handsome men behind him that were looking at her profoundly.

Placing the brush down, she got up. Bowing slightly she said, “Your Highness, welcome to the moon palace.”

Wu Yong nodded his head. This afternoon they had lunch together and he was here because he wanted to have a proper meal with her without an argument – well he didn’t want to be here but both Dong Woo and Jung Hwan convinced him to pay her a visit, what made things worse was that Chushan left the gifts behind and he had to send it with a servant.

He had with him in hand the two books he promised her, which he then handed to the boy who stepped up and gave it to Chushan.

She looked at Wu Yong with no emotion on her face, looking at the books she took it from the boy and smiled slightly thanking him. She looked at Wu Yong and smiled slightly, “Thank you for the books, Your Highness.”

He nodded, “No problem.”

Chushan stepped down from the pavilion and walked towards them, “Since Your Highness is here, would you like a cup of tea?”

Wu Yong looked over her at the guqin and the book that she’d been writing in wondering what she wrote. Looking back at her he nodded his head.

“Please follow me,” she said walking towards an open door in her palace.

Chushan’s palace wasn’t as big as the other three consorts because she wasn’t as valued as the others but she didn’t mind and made it home.

Stepping through the door they came to the lounging area that had benches made out of bamboo filled with soft cushions and on one side of the room there was a circular swing that was made out of bamboo that also had cushions in it.

“Please sit,” she said motioning to the bench. They both nodded while Wu Yong sat down with a flip of his robe and Dong Woo went back outside to stand guard by the door.

“I’ll be back,” she said and opened the sliding door opposite the one they entered. She left the door open taking a right turn and walking deeper into her palace.

Wu Yong looked around the room finding the aesthetic of the room pleasing to his eyes. With the painting on the wall and few furnishings made it feel comfortable.

Ten minutes later, she returned to the room wearing a different robe while holding a wooden bucket in her hands. Behind her was Ji Min and Yu Na who had trays in their hands.

Chushan placed the wooden bucket by Wu Yong’s feet making him frown while he looked at its contents. She turned to the girls and motioned them out and closed the door behind them.

Walking to the opposite door she closed it too. Going back to the table she kneeled down beside it and turned the teacups upright.

Wu Yong remained quiet and watched her put passion fruit pulp in the two teacups and some dried fruits then pour warm water into the cups and mixed them. Standing up she handed one of the cups to him which he took and glanced at her.

He noticed that she was dressed in plain robs now that looked similar to those that her servants wore but didn’t comment, this was her home after all.

After handing him the teacup she knelt down and made herself comfortable which made Wu Yong sit up about to question her when she suddenly grabbed his foot, “Lift your feet,” she said slightly demanding.

“Why?” he asked her.

She looked up at him with a glare, “Just sit back and drink your tea, you are a guest in my home so you will receive the etiquette of the moon palace.”

He was hesitant but did as she told him. Seeing that he was now relaxed she took off his boots and socks then rolled up his pants. Lifting his feet higher she pulled the bucket of water closer then lowered his feet into it.

He hissed at the feeling of the heat but got used to the temperature quick. He could smell that there was ginger in the water and some other spices that he couldn’t pinpoint.

Looking down at her he couldn’t believe that she was doing this, it was his first time getting his feet washed by one of his consorts that did it without him asking or it being require. It was strange too because never had he even asked any of his consorts to wash his feet for him.

As she washed his feet he felt her hands gently massaging it which sent shivers through his body making him relax. Taking a sip of tea, his brows rose at the slightly sweet taste and found it pleasing.

His eyes soon closed as his shoulders sagged and relaxed into the chair.

After washing his feet she dried it off and got up taking the bucket of water out to the garden and emptied it. She returned and handed Wu Yong the second cup after seeing that his was empty and placed clean socks on his feet and slippers.

Putting his feet down he looked at her. She wasn’t paying attention to him but attending to his needs.

She seated herself down beside him after pouring a cup of tea for herself into the cup he first drank from. She handed him a small plate with a brown square of something on it. He took it with a raised brow and saw her eating the other slice and took a bite from it and his eyes widened. Looking at the thing in his hands he asked, “Consort Wang, what is this?”

She turned her head to look at him with a raised brow, “It’s a chocolate cake.”

“I don’t remember eating something like this before.” He says taking another bite.

She rolled her eyes, “Well that’s because I’m the one who made it.”

“You made this?” he asked with a stuffed mouth making her nod.

The two sat in silence and finished the pot of tea. He thanked her, making her think for a moment before asking, “Your Highness when are you leaving, won’t you miss your dinner?”

He looked at her and said, “Oh, I almost forgot, I’m having dinner here with you so I asked Chef Kim to not prepare me dinner.”

Chushan looked at him with a frown but nodded, “Well then, let me go prepare dinner since its getting late.”

“You’ll be preparing it?” he asks.

Nodding her head, “Yeah, I make the food in the moon palace.”

“Then what do your servants do?”

“They eat!”

5