Chapter 3
1.5k 9 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Weeks had passed since Edward's change and he hadn't left his room since the night of his birthday. The King had all his best men and soldiers searching the lands and bordering kingdoms for the witch that had transformed his son, there was even a large bounty and promise to make whoever brought in the witch a high ranking member of the king's court. 

The windows in Edwards's room had been covered with heavy curtains that blocked out most of the sun. 

he'd found out in a rather unfortunate way that he was extremely sensitive to sunlight. 

After three days of being cooped up in his room he'd tried to go for a walk outside. The small amount of sunlight that made contact with his skin left him wailing in excruciating pain, as per instructed by Amelia, Edward had to drink an entire pint of blood from multiple servants to heal. 

She'd explained to him that blood sped up his healing process and for this reason she'd have him supplied with an emergency flask in case he was ever injured. 

On this particular morning, Edward was laying on his bed wearing a silk nightgown with his head propped up on a few pillows as Amelia fed him blood from the wound on her wrist. She'd gradually taught Edward how to feed himself, it didn't really take all that much instruction as instincts seemed to take over and Edward quickly got the feeling for sinking his fangs into warm flesh. 

At first he struggled to control himself, once the first few drops of blood touched his tongue it was difficult to resist draining Amelia completely in just a few gulps. 

Amelia had explained to him that he had to be careful to never over drain his food and that just because he was a royal didn't mean he wouldn't be hunted down, especially if he overindulged. 

There was even a group that's main focus was hunting vampires and other beings they considered unholy. They were called the purifiers and from what Edward had heard their leader was especially terrifying, he was rumored to carry a great sword, imbued with magic, he claimed the gods had given him his legendary weapon and that he was fulfilling their holy request to purge the land of evil. As Edward swallowed the last gulp he let go of Amelia's wrist and sat back with a satisfied look on his face. 

She smiled and bandaged her wound then giggled as she wiped prince Edwards bloodstained lips. He had a dazed look on his face. Every time he fed a pleasant euphoria filled his body and mind. 

It was intense, more intense than the small crate of opium he'd stolen from his fathers personal stores when he was 16. It was intense but also fast to fade, always leaving Edward with a deep craving for more. 

He supposed this is what the witch meant when she cursed him for his greedy behavior, over the last several weeks he'd had a lot of time to think to himself, and he realized that he had indeed been very greedy and spoiled for the majority of his life. He still didn't feel very bad about it, although that was starting to change. 

As the euphoria faded it was replaced with intense sadness, as per usual after every feeding. He felt a few tears run down his face as he stared down at his lap. 

Amelia reached over and brushed a lock of hair behind his ear. “What's wrong sweetheart? Did you not get enough to drink?” Edward shook his head. He gripped Amelia’s hand tightly as his emotions surged. “I miss my old life..” he said quietly, fresh tears streaming down his face. 

Amelia simply gave him a sympathetic nod. “I don't want to be a girl! I don't want to be a vampire!” he sobbed. Amelia gently pulled the young prince close to her and wrapped him in a warm embrace as he cried. 

“I know my lady but it's time that you adjust and begin your new life, you can't hide in this room forever. I didn't want to tell you this. But your father has been growing increasingly frustrated. His men have had no luck finding the witch who did this to you. In fact..” Amelia paused making sure Edward wasn't looking before smiling like the cat who killed the Canary. 

“It’s like she disappeared off the face of the earth.” Amelia finished. 

Edward looked up at her with a look of shock and pure dread. “They really can't find her..?” he whispered, his lip trembling slightly. “Yes, sweetheart. I'm sorry.” Amelia replied in a gentle tone. 

Edward started crying harder after hearing this and Amelia tried her best to soothe the troubled young Royal. “I miss the sun.. I miss food.. I miss the forest and courtyards!” Edward cried. “You can still enjoy some of those things.” Amelia said softly. 

“Why don't we go for a walk through the grounds tonight when the sun sets? I'm sure the king wouldn't mind, after all he's very worried about you.” Edward nodded. 

He wiped his eyes with his sleeves then looked over at the heavily covered windows. “That would be nice actually.. You really don't mind being seen with me.. Everyone else is. Well you know.” he said quietly. “I know my lady. Of course, I don't mind. I told you that I've dealt with vampires before. I'm used to it by now, in fact, I enjoy it, it's almost like I have my very own exotic pet.” she winked at Edward and he glared at her. 

“I'm only joking!” she said with a laugh. Edward visibly relaxed and found himself grinning back at her. “Very funny.” he said. 

55