5/5.5
1.3k 9 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5

A strange man peered through his spectacles as he gazed at the small white orb. Images of the prince flashed across the smooth sides of the orb, if you could even call him a prince now, he certainly didn't look like one. The man furrowed his brow as he watched images of a young maid feeding the prince her very own blood. 

“Sickening, vile creatures,” 

he said to himself as he continued to stare at the images. Something had to be done, a vampire was now next in line to be High Queen, he would need to alert the leader of his order. The purifiers. The man dispelled the magic inside the orb and placed the device in a small wooden box, its interior lined with soft velvet. He opened the door to his lab and walked down a long stone corridor, the sun illuminated the corridor from all the windows that lined its walls. The man walked through a door leading into a large great hall, the only furniture in the room was a large circular table with chairs all around it. Seated at this table was a tall, angelic man with hair so bright and fair that it resembled a brilliant golden lion's mane. “King Arthur, I have dreadful news.” the man said with a bow. The man known as Arthur chuckled and pulled out a chair beside him. 

“Stop with that nonsense, merlin. We are all comrades, we are all equal in this fight against evil, enough with the titles and formalities.” Arthur said with a smile. 

“Tell me this dreadful news of yours.”

“Very well, my k... Arthur. The high king's son has been cursed, he has become a creature of the night.” 

“Is he causing problems? Why has the king not alerted the other kingdoms?” Arthur replied with a worried look on his face.

“The high King has kept the prince's situation a secret, he's having the servants keep his bloodlust sated with daily feedings, no one has died but it's only a matter of time.” merlin replied.

“I see. Why was the prince cursed? 

“It seems the king and his son made an enemy of the western sorcerer, Gwendolyn. Her currant location is unknown, and thanks to her blessings I cannot scrye her location in the orb.”

“Well it seems like that was their first mistake, who in their right mind would piss off Gwendolyn, even I cannot defeat her.” Arthur said with a sigh.

“If she is involved this situation is far worse than it seems, merlin, summon the order, we must travel to the kingdom of Silva, a vampire cannot be allowed to become high king.”

“High Queen actually Arthur, Gwendolyn made the prince female as well.” merlin said matter of factly.

Arthur's eyes widened and he shook his head, a bead of sweat dripped from his brow.

“A female vampire? This is horrible merlin, female vampires are extremely viscous and much more powerful than their male counterparts. How has the prince.. Er Princess not killed anyone yet?” 

"that I do not know king arthur." Merlin said as he bowed and swiftly left the room, he would need to prepare for their trip.

Chapter 5.5

Edward smiled as Amelia entered his bedchambers. She had a look of conflict on her face as she entered but that quickly was replaced with a large grin. 

“Are you ready for breakfast my lady?” Amelia asked in a sweet voice.

“Yes please.” Edward grinned. 

“While you eat I would like to talk to you about something.” amelia said hesitantly. 

Edward nodded as Amelia sat down beside him and held out her wrist. With no hesitation Edward eagerly bit into her wrist and happily sucked down the sweet metallic blood that filled his mouth.

“I think it's time that you find of a new name, Edward doesn't really fit anymore, I know this is hard for you Princess but the sooner you adjust to being a woman the better the rest of your life will be. Let's take the first step and think of a name okay?”

Edward nodded as he finished his meal. Amelia bandaged her wound and smiled as usual she wiped the blood from the Princess’s pretty lips. 

“I’ve actually been thinking about that..” Edward looked down and wiped a single tear from his eye.

“I know the witch is gone.. And it isn't likely that I'll ever see her again. So I might as well make the best out of this, there's no sense in clinging onto a name that doesn't matter anymore.” Edward said with a sad voice. Amelia gave him a sympathetic smile.

“I wouldn't say that it doesn't matter, after all you spend your entire life as Edward. Maybe pick a name that would honor him.” Amelia said softly. Edward nodded.

“You’re right, Amelia. I have been thinking of names.. And I think the most fitting would be Eve.. What do you think?” Edward said looking up at the maid.

Amelia smiled wide and leaned in to kiss the young Princess. 

“I think Eve is perfect sweetheart.” 

54