6.5
1.2k 5 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amelia woke up to the sound of shrill screaming. She rubbed her eyes and sat up she noticed Eve staring at her with wide eyes. 

“You!” Eve yelled as she pounced on top of Amelia. She glared down at her, tightening her grip around Amelia’s wrists and baring her fangs.

“What did you do with my maid? Where is Amelia!” Eve hissed.

“Eve w..what are you talking about I’m right here!?” Amelia gasped. She knew she could easily get out of this but she didn’t want to hurt Eve in the process or reveal her magic.

Eve glared at her and a moment of realization came to her, she pushed Herself off of Amelia and slumped against the wall in the corner of the barn. Tears streamed down her face as she stared at Amelia. 

“It was you this whole time wasn’t it?” Eve said in a hurt voice.

Amelia looked down at her hands and realized that her illusion magic had dispelled while she slept. 

“Fuck.. Eve sweetheart please hear me out.” 

Eve shook her head and glared at the witch with a look of disgust. 

“How could you do this to me!? First you change me into some freak and then you fuck with my feelings!?” Eve screamed. 

“Eve it isn’t like that..” Amelia replied softly.

“Then what is this? Some game to you? All this time, All those nights crying to you and you’re the one who could have set things right!? I can’t believe I was so stupid.” 

Eve stood up and started to walk out of the barn but Amelia grabbed her hand. 

“Eve listen to me! Please!” Amelia said as she started to cry. 

Eve reluctantly stood against the side of the wall and glared at Amelia. 

“Fine.” She said in an icy tone.

Amelia took a deep breath and begin to tell Eve her true feelings, her true identity and all the things she’d been keeping to herself.

“So curse or not.. I really do have feelings for you.. I’m sorry I did this to you, I wasn’t thinking, I was just angry.” Gwen finished.

Eve sighed and looked up at the ceiling thoughtfully. 

“Can you fix this?” She asked looking down at Gwendolyn. 

Gwen shook her head. “I’m sorry.. I can’t cure the vampirism.. I can however make you male again. If that’s what you want it will take me three months to prepare the spell.” 

Eve held back a sob. “So there’s no cure? What’s the point if I can’t even be human?” She sighed. “Just kill me.. I don’t want this.” 

“Eve don’t say that, you can still have a good life..” Gwen replied softly.

“How can I have a good life when I have to constantly be in fear of someone hunting me or a mob of people burning me at the stake!? It’s only a matter of time before my own kingdom turns on me!” Eve said with a sob.

“You can stay with me.. no one will hurt you in my forests, my lands are enchanted to keep people away. I protect the dryads and other creature’s humans don’t like, why do you think your father tried burning my forests? People believe they are haunted. I promise you’ll be safe with me.” Gwen said with a hopeful look in her eyes.

Eve shook her head. “I’m sorry but.. I still don’t really trust you.” 

Gwen looked down. “I understand.. but I promise I’m here to help you.” She pulled her legs closer to her and looked up at Eve. “I really am sorry, Eve. I want to make things right.” 

Eve rolled her eyes. “I’m sure you are.” She spat. Suddenly a familiar feeling overtook her and her stomach growled softly. She looked at Gwen with a flushed face. 

Gwen pulled up her sleeves and held out her wrist for Eve. “Cmon it’s about that time.” 

47