7
1.2k 9 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gwendolyn once again disguised as Amelia opened the door to Eve’s bedchambers. 

“Good morning Eve.” Gwen smiled as she greeted the young princess.

Eve frowned slightly. 

“Good morning.” She said quietly. 

Gwen tried to ignore the hurt she could hear in Eve’s voice but she simply couldn’t. She walked over and sat on the bed, tentatively pulling Eve into a tight hug. 

Tears streamed down Gwen’s eyes as she held onto the princess. 

“If you want me to leave.. I will. I’ll understand your reasoning.” She said softly. 

Eve shook her head. 

“No.. I don’t want you to leave. I’m just hurt and confused. I need time to think is all.” Eve said looking up at Gwendolyn. 

Gwen simply nodded and wiped her eyes.

“You really love me? You sure it’s not just the curse?” Eve asked quietly.

Gwen nodded and looked Eve in the eyes. 

“I promise sweetheart. At first.. yes it was just the curse.. but I’m sure… no I’m positive my feelings for you are true, there’s no way I could mistake how I feel now for you as any kind of magical influence.”

Eve smiled slightly and reached for Gwen’s hand, taking it in her own. 

“That makes me feel a little better about this I suppose.”

“I’m glad. Come on let’s get you fed and dressed for the day.” Gwen said with a smile.

Miles away from the princess’s kingdom, a brilliant white horse trodded through the slick, grassy mud that bore the path for miles ahead. It’s rider, cloaked in a dark hood sat atop the horse thinking. A brilliant owl perched on the riders left shoulder. 

“Only five days of travel and we’ll arrive in the farmlands of Silva.” The traveler whispered to himself. The owl on his shoulder made a small hoot in agreement. 

“Let’s stop here for the night.” The rider said, pulling on the reins of his horse. The man jumped down from the horse and led it to a small wooded clearing at the edge of a forest. 

The owl flew from the man’s shoulder as he begin to unpack and make camp. It danced around a bit before a bright light enveloped it’s feathered body, soon the owl begin to grow and a wizened old man bearing a thin pair of spectacles stood in place of the owl.

“Let me help you with the fire, Arthur.” The owl, now Merlin said brightly. He flicked his wrist and a bundle of firewood flew from trees in the forest, neatly aligning themselves on the ground and then igniting. 

Both men sat around the fire and begin talking of their plans to kill this new vampire.

“Our contact at the castle has planted enough blazeflowers to end the bloodsuckers existence.” Merlin said to Arthur.

“That’s good to hear, are you aware of the kings instructions? It has to look like an accident.” Arthur replied.

Merlin simply nodded. “I am aware my lord. I suggest we sleep soon and plan our strategy more tomorrow.” 

“Very well. Goodnight my old friend.” Arthur replied with a yawn. 

41