8/8.5
872 5 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gwendolyn under her Amelia guise burst into Eve's room. She rushed over to eve and begin shaking her.

"Eve wake up! They are approaching the castle gates!" Gwen said in a panicked whisper.

Eve slowly opened her eyes and gently Sat up, she yawned and rubbed the remaining sleepiness from her eyes.

"What's going on Gwen?" Eve asked with another yawn. 

"There are men hunting you.. I've discovered a terrible plot! Your father wants you dead!" Gwen said as she gathered eve's belongings and put them in a small leather bag that seemed to be bottomless.

"But.. That doesn't make any sense.. Why wouldn't he already have killed me if he wanted me dead?" Eve said softly in a frightened tone.

"The king is terrified of you Eve, even if he won't admit it." Gwen replied.

"So what are we going to do..?" Eve asked as she looked up at Gwen frantically throwing clothing into her little leather pouch.

"We need to run.. You aren't strong enough to fight yet, and I can't hold them off by myself."

"Run? Where could we possibly go Gwen!?" Eve said as she rushed to get out of bed, throwing on an outfit  as quickly as possible.

"We're leaving to my forest, my lands. We'll be safe there and I know people who will help us." Gwen replied. 

"Come we have to hurry!" Gwen said in a panic as she held out her hand for Eve.

Just as Eve was reaching for gwens hand, an arrow flew through the window, it struck the edge of eve's bed and a burst of sunlight filled the entire room. Eve let out an earpiercing shriek as she felt her entire body begin to burn from the light. Gwen gripped eve's hand while she screeched and in a matter of seconds the burning feeling stopped, replaced with a nauseating feeling as the world around them spun and they disappeared from the room in the blink of an eye.  

 8.5

Arthur scowled as he looked at the deserted bedroom of the princess. The high king stood nervously behind Arthur and the wizard, merlin as he wiped sweat off his brow with a silk handkerchief. 

"How did the little bloodsucker escape? I don't understand? You two are supposed to be professionals!" The king said with anger in his voice. His face turned red and he grabbed Arthur by the shoulder. 

"She knows, I have a feeling she knows I set this up." The king said as he nervously wiped more sweat pouring down his forehead.

"She'll be back for my head, you two failed and now my death sentence awaits!" The high king screamed.

"Perhaps not my lord, maybe she'll make you a thrall." Arthur jested as he surveyed the room.

"This isn't a joking matter, I've paid you a tremendous amount of gold and I demand you kill my son!" The king yelled.

Arthur ignored him as he walked to a spot near the princess's bed. Merlin followed him closely and retrieved a shining orb from his flowing robes. He touched the orb and it glowed a faint blue.

"Gwendolyn is involved, Arthur. There's traces of magic all over this room, if the witch is helping the princess we must be ever vigilant and prepare." Merlin said with a slight trace of fear in his voice.

Arthur gulped and looked at Merlin solemnly.

"Are you positive it's her? We don't stand much of a chance against her." 

Merlin nodded and looked at his king with a sad expression.

"I'm afraid so my king." 

Arthur shook his head and reached into his shoulder bag, he retrieved a small sack of gold and tossed it to the high king.

"We withdraw from this mission, it is simply too dangerous." Arthur said as he shook his head and begin walking towards the door.

The high king blocked his path and furrowed his brow in anger, his cheeks puffed up as he begin to scream.

"You cannot!! My son threatens my reign, my power and my hold on this kingdom, he must be slain!" 

Arthur simply shook his head and pushed past the king, followed by Merlin. They begin to descend the stone steps to the lower part of the castle.

"WAIT!! WAIT!" The high king screamed as he followed after them. 

"I'll pay you double! No! Triple!!" He continued to yell.

As they reached the bottom of the steps the king ran past them.

"Guards!! Bring me three chests of gold and three chests of my finest jewels! Immediately!!" He screamed.

Arthur and merlin watched as six large chests were dragged before their feet, Arthur kicked one chest open and his eyes glittered with greed as he stared at the huge amount of gold, the chests were filled to the brim with riches.

Arthur gave the high king a sickening smile and bowed. 

"Consider our deal back on the table my lord." 

38