Cycle 21 (2)
5k 6 172
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear Diary:

Wait, last time I didn’t capitalize diary. Curses. I might have to carefully remove these first few pages, to hide the fact that I haven’t quite figured out how to start it all yet.

Anyways. A group arrived, and Ox went with them. Groups always confuse me slightly. I mean, it makes sense in a way; more people to defeat monsters, so less of a chance you’ll be knocked back by dying. On the other hand, the win goes to a single player, with only the top three getting any ranking at all, so if you’re in a group of five… two of you are screwed.

Some people try to overcome that with the Power of Friendship. Turns out, according to the Admin, Friendship is, in fact, not magic. Rules are rules, no matter how close you and your pals are.

And the rules dictate that I am the best chef in this whole darn place. Why is that? Is it because I was a five-star chef in my old life? Heck no, I worked at Target. It’s because grinding is a thing, and my burgers are high quality. I started out at lvl 20, the minimum required to make the food I’m required to make, and spent basically the whole first cycle doing nothing but making hamburgers and fries.

Isn’t it kinda confusing that my stat thing is lvl 100, but the dungeon floors are also called levels? So I’m at lvl 100 but also stuck at lvl 93. I feel like whoever made this thing didn’t think this through.

Oh well. No use crying over things I have no power to change. I tried that once, nothing happened. There still isn’t a mint flavored milkshake option. Which is dumb, because my color is green, so I should be able to make green drinks. Right?!

Anyways, one of the guys in the group that came through tried to get Mika to go on a date with him (which was romantic), but he offered her a red rose. Like, her color is blue!! Kimi’s color is red. How can you even mix those up?? So clearly she rejected him, and he was all pouty after that.

He ordered three plates of fries and a chocolate milkshake and told me all about it. I didn’t tell him what an idiot he was, because from the looks of him we won’t see him again any time soon. Maybe he’ll forget it happened.

Oh yeah, and a hobgoblin broke into our floor! He came from lvl 92, so he was pretty strong, but we’re all higher level than he was (even if it was just at cooking). It took like half an hour of throwing things at him to make him die. He dropped a pretty rare sword, tho, and Mika said she was going to start practicing with it in case anything ever came through again. Oh, I should add that this all happened after the group was gone, so we couldn’t ask them for help. It was fun tho. I wouldn’t mind if it happened again.

That’s about all that happened today.

Goodnight, dungeon!

172