Cycle 22 (7)
3k 2 132
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear Diary,

So, turns out that oak isn’t strong enough to survive a chomp by a shark. Shocking. It also isn’t strong enough to withstand a kraken tentacle going straight through the middle of it.

We made it about twenty feet away from the entrance before the kraken attacked. Aya thinks that solo swimmers agro sharks, while floaty things will agro the kraken. Which makes sense.

And yeah, I say “floaty thing”, because it could be a raft or boat or cauldron or ship or inner tube or whatever. As long as it is floating, and not made of people, it’s gonna agro the kraken.

There isn’t anything in Kimi’s store that is kraken-proof. We have the option of buying the strongest thing available, and then adding more things to it to make it as strong as possible, but everyone agrees that this will probably take tactics rather than brute force.

One thing we’ve been looking into is teleportation. We know close to where the agro point for the kraken is, so if we teleport from there to as close to the next door as we can, it might be enough to save us from having the raft destroyed. Maybe. Another thing might be a flight potion. Altho the flight potions have a cap of thirty seconds. Maybe a mixture of teleportation and flight? Teleportation, being a spell, has a range that gets minutely larger each time an individual uses it. Lilly never really used it, so even though she’s a lvl100 wizard, her range isn’t all that good. I think they’re going to make me practice with it, since I don’t want to fight. That way Lilly can start practicing with lightning bolts or whatever it is she prefers.

Honestly, I never really had an interest in magic before now. I mean, sure, I have basic telekinesis and prestidigitation, because who wouldn’t want to be able to clean the house while laying on the couch? But other than that, nah. My job is cooking, and my passion is marble racing. Neither of those use magic. So after the first cycle I didn’t bother keeping up with whatever spells Lilly got.

Speaking of marble races, my marble Mimo won gold! Finally! I won’t replace him. Hopefully he was just getting all the losses out in the first couple runs, so now he’ll be a solid medalist. Mika has been making the tracks extra sturdy, and realizes that she might run out of spare metal before we’re done racing, so she’s asked us to donate any we have. I don’t have a lot, since I don’t have a use for metal, but on occasion someone will try to pay me in old armor or whatever, so I have a few things.

People offer to pay me with all sorts of things. One time someone offered me a bag of teeth, and was super mad when I said no. Since I don’t have to pay for ingredients, I can accept literally anything in payment. We all can, really; only things in Kimi’s shop insists that the trade be fair. Lilly likes to be paid in flowers, and one time took a single daisy in exchange for like a lvl50 spell upgrade. When we buy things from Kimi’s shop we like to pay in actual money, but mostly because we don’t have any other real use for money.

Anyways, I’m tired.

Goodnight, dungeon!

132