Cycle 30 (9)
1.4k 9 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear Diary,

You know, I kind of wonder how players get through the dungeon without food. I mean, so far we’ve gotten through three floors by having food. If you count the ranch balls for the slimes, which I do. Like, do players just fight their way through every floor? I understand the principal of “you must fight your way through the dungeon”, but… Really? Wouldn’t that get super boring after a while?

I don’t know. I’ll have to ask someone.

Anyways, it’s been three days since my last entry. We’ve made beef lasagna, chicken linguine, spaghetti and meatballs, spaghetti and cheese sauce, and… what’s the word for basically calzone but with pasta shells instead of pizza dough? That. We made it like four hours ago and I already forgot the name. Sorry.

Nat and I have been having the time of our lives making pasta. It’s super fun. Who needs bread when you can just make pasta?

In non-food related news, Mika and Via’s band has started a kind of competition. Anyone can join, as long as they have their own instrument. It’s a one-on-one duel, that goes until someone messes up. The song to play this cycle is Fur Elise, which apparently everyone musical knows. Next cycle will be Hall of the Mountain King, so everyone can start practicing now.

The musicians face each other and start playing. The first couple rounds I couldn’t hear the difference, but everyone with an instrument would suddenly jump to their feet, shouting and pointing when someone missed a note. That person would step down, and they’d continue with the next person in line. The line to end first loses. After like the fifth repetition I was familiar enough with the song to be able to hear the wrong note.

Anyways, the band went in alphabetical order. Mika beat two people, and messed up pretty early on in her third repetition. I think her fingers were getting tired. Via, the last in line, didn’t get a chance to play, since the guy before her beat the last person in the non-band line. I felt bad for Via, but Mika told me that Via is, like, stupidly good at this song. She’s the band’s secret weapon. If someone beat every other member, the band is certain they couldn’t get by Via.

Oh, if the song gets all the way to the end without anyone messing up (didn’t happen this time), the backup song is The Imperial March, from Star Wars. Apparently it’s a song everyone basically knows, but it isn’t one people in general have practiced all the way through. One guy in the band knows it super well, and wrote it down so whoever needs it can play it.

The contest looks like a lot of fun, but also super stressful. If I played an instrument I’d probably join, but I’m not going to start learning just to join.

Well, when I was little (like five) my mom made me take two years of piano lessons. So I know how to read a music sheet. But other than plonking out Ode to Joy on a piano, a thing no one here has, I’m lost. I know enough to know I’ll never be as good as Mika or Via.

Anyways, I have to make sure the wolves are comfortable before heading to bed.

Goodnight, Dungeon!

62