Cycle 31 (3)
1.2k 3 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear Diary,

So, the cheese and blackberry sauce for meatballs was a total success! The raptors love it. They don’t seem super hungry to start out with, like the wolves were, so I doubt they’ll become our BFFs. But they very much appreciate the food I give them. Who knows what will happen. At the very least, we don’t have to worry about being attacked on Floor 90 any more. Always a good thing. 

The quicksand on Floor 89 can be frozen, and frozen sand doesn’t sink. That’s the good news. The medium news is, I can make a very weak bug repellant with the herbs I got, so we aren’t swarmed with mosquitoes as much. I mean, they still surround us and attack, but they aren’t as thrilled about biting. The bad news is, giant rats. 

So, as far as we can tell, the quicksand goes in a winding river through the swamp. We can freeze it or go around it in places. But, in the parts of the swamp that don’t have quicksand live these giant rat things. Lilly and Mika are 100% positive the giant rat things are called R.O.U.S.’s which I guess is funny somehow? I don’t get it, but Lilly ran to tell Staab as soon as we got back home. I think it might be a reference to something. 

Anyways, tomorrow we’re going to stick to the quicksand. It’ll take us a while to get through, but I think we can do it. Aya is going to send lightning through the sand, just to see if that makes it solid enough to walk on. Lilly wants Via to practice the freezing spell, too. Via won’t ever be as good at it as Mika, but that’s ok. 

Kimi’s main job on the floor is to burn mosquitoes to death. My sleep spell doesn’t seem to do anything to them, so my job is basically to flail around with my bonk stick. Lilly is going to focus on making sure none of the R.O.U.S.s try jumping onto our patch of ice. 

So yeah, I think we’ve got this floor figured out. 

In other news, Mika and Via are still working out their super hard song. It’s still kinda annoying. Aya has been getting into art more. I haven’t given up on trying to get better at drawing, but I don’t know, it’s gotten slightly boring. Aya does more abstract things, instead of like a person or a sunset, and that looks fun. Or, it looks like she’s having fun. I guess my brain needs order because when I tried to do an abstract thing it just looked like a mess. 

Kimi and Lilly are doing something with magic. I’m not sure exactly what, since I’m not an expert in science or math or magic or spells, but they say it’s fascinating. I think they’re trying to combine spells? I’m not sure what the goal is, but they spent like the entire afternoon in the diner with a notebook, writing down ideas and math. 

I hope whatever it is they’re doing works. 

Goodnight, Dungeon!

55