Cycle 37 (6)
913 6 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear Diary,

My marbles won gold in the marble race today! Team Momo is doing a great job this cycle. We’re currently in the championship silver spot, but Aya who is in gold only came in fourth for today’s race. So she’s only like one point above me. If I beat her tomorrow at all, we’re going to swap places and I’ll be in gold. 

I haven’t talked about marble races this cycle, have I? I mentioned them earlier, for the cycles that passed when I wasn’t writing diary entries, but not about this cycle.

Well, since we’re just wandering up and down and around through the dungeon all the time now, we don’t spend a whole week doing nothing but marble races. Now we spend evenings marble racing. It means we don’t have a marble race every day, since it takes time to set up the tracks, but that’s ok. We do all our own stuff all day, then after dinner us catgirls (and Staab and Y) are always behind Mika’s shop, racing marbles.

Oh yeah, we won’t have snow next cycle. That means we’ll have to figure out a new way of making racing tracks. I wonder how hard tracks are to make out of mud. Maybe we could make some out of leaves or something. Maybe bamboo? Bamboo might work, it’s pretty smooth, right? I’ll admit I don’t know a whole lot about bamboo.

Then again, our jungle might not have bamboo at all! There are thousands if not millions of different plant types in the Amazon jungle, and hardly any of those plant types are bamboo. We might get a jungle that’s solid orchids, that’d be cool. Or all air plants. I’m not entirely sure how that would work, but it’s magic. Things don’t have to make sense to work. I mean, it doesn’t make sense that it’s snowing right now but in a couple weeks I’ll be in a jungle. Without moving. I guess that would make sense if I went somewhere in an airplane or whatever, but that’s not happening. The diner itself, currently covered in snow, will soon be covered in tropical plants.

Sometimes I feel like I’m trying to explain something, but the more I explain the more confusing everything gets. I need to learn when to stop talking and start over or something.

Oh well. Usually people know what I’m trying to say. I’m not smart and technical like Kimi and Lilly, who can start talking about complicated math or psychology or science or something, and no one around has a clue what they’re talking about. When I talk people know what I’m talking about, and even if I get totally messed up they can figure it out. Today Kimi and Y were arguing about cloud layers and how that’ll affect the metal they’re making the walkway out of, and I was totally lost. Mika understood kinda, but she told me they were arguing for fun (they do that), and the technical terms they used were just to make themselves sound smart. She said metal doesn’t care if the water around it comes from a stratus cloud or a cumulonimbus cloud. And that it only matters how much salt is in the water, but that’ll be the same regardless of what type of cloud it is. Which, at that point I was lost again.

Maybe someday I’ll understand.

Goodnight, Dungeon!

43