Cycle 39 (5)
788 3 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear Diary,

So, Via told the kobolds in her band about her raptor project. 

Oh yeah, the music competition! It’s tomorrow! I forgot to mention it, with all the drama and stuff! People are super excited about it, there will be fireworks at the end, and Nat, Gin and I are making snacks. Well, a lot of the snacks are just me pulling things out of my inventory and putting it on a plate, but we’re tweaking a lot of things (like the guacamole) to make it as good as it can be. More people are entering the music competition this time than before, so it’s going to be an all-day event. We’re trying to convince Lewis to wear a party hat again, but he says it would be demeaning. Which, yeah it would, but it would also be super cute. 

Anyways, what… Oh right! Via told her band about the raptors, and how they were basically her pets now, and all this wonderful stuff. They wanted to meet the raptors, thinking they would be like the wolves. 

They were wrong. The raptors saw them and apparently thought “oh look, new toys”, and spent half an hour disemboweling them. It was… Ok so, for them and Via it was horrifying and terrifying. Who knew someone could survive on one HP after having their arms chewed off? But it was, just a little bit, in a very minor and ironic way, funny. I mean, “hey, we want to meet the large, vicious creatures that killed you a couple times! Sure, you had to work hard to earn their trust, and even now when they’re feeling snackish they bite you, but… We see no possible way that this could go wrong!” They were asking for it. 

It kinda makes me feel good about having the raptor’s trust, though. I worked hard to get to that point. I have a whole section in my recipe book dedicated to the food they like, and a detailed list of things they don’t like. Via and I spent a lot of time (and pain) figuring out which ones like scritches and which ones don’t. It took time and effort to become their friends, and I enjoyed the reminder of what they do to strangers. 

Anything can be your friend if you put the time and effort in. Even dracoraptors. You just have to earn their trust first. 

In other news, we finished the marble races this morning! I got silver in the championship, and Y got gold. Which, oh no, I can’t talk to Y any more this cycle, the horror. How will I survive…

Ok, fine, he’s not a bad guy. I got to know him pretty well when he was doing the salad dressing tests with the slimes, and I can see why Kimi loves him. If you can get him to be serious, he’s actually really nice and considerate. I can call him a friend. 

But then he does things like joke about setting my whole diner on fire (next step from the roof), or calling us his harem. Actually, Staab got mad about that, so now he doesn’t do it when Staab or Lilly are around, but he still does it. And he does a couple other little things that just… He needs therapy. 

Although, to be fair, we could all use therapy. Especially the Admin. 

Goodnight, Dungeon!

41