Cycle 39 (6)
678 4 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear Diary,

The music competition was epic! A Kobold named Jon won with an amazing drum solo. I’m sad Mika and Via didn’t win, but I can see why they didn’t. They did really good, but there’s a difference between “really good” and “totally amazing”. Via is kinda sulking about it, but Mika is just happy they got honorable mention and played in front of a crowd. Besides, it’s not like they did bad, neither of them messed up (as far as I could tell), they just didn’t do anything spectacular. 

But hey, who am I to talk? Everyone who got on the stage did something I could never hope to do. 

And, of course, everyone loved the snacks. And the afterparty was fun, because the kobolds know how to party. They eventually did convince Bonecrusher the Black to wear a party hat, but he wasn’t thrilled about it. Lewis is a good leader.

Anyway, we expect the players to be here any day now, so most of our shenanigans will stop tomorrow. Mika and I drew on a bunch more leaves, and the treasure chest is full again. Kimi suggested engraving a message into the bottom of the chest that says something like “you got here too late, someone already took the treasure”, just in case more than one player finds it. Which sounded funny, so we’ll do that tomorrow. Now all we’re worried about is someone taking the whole chest, since it isn’t bolted down. Some players tend to do that; just take eeeeeverything. Staab says that in some video games, things you find on level five open up easter eggs for floor seventy, so players learn to hoard stuff. Aya says some people are just kleptomaniacs, and since there aren’t police here they go wild. I think it’s a mix of both things.

Oh, when Staab mentioned easter eggs, I asked what those were. He explained, then I was like “nono, what’s an easter? I’ve never heard of that bird”. It was pretty hilarious to see him and Lilly try to explain the holiday and how eggs are involved to me. I mean, obviously I know what Easter is, but we’ve been in here long enough that some things about our old lives are getting… fuzzy. So it is possible that I forgot what the holiday was.

It’s kinda weird when the memories get fuzzy. It isn’t straight forgetting. Like, I remember making cookies with my mom once. There was someone else there, about my age. But I don’t remember if that person was a friend or a sibling. So I try to remember more about this person, and there’s just a human-shaped grey spot in a bunch of memories. I still have the basic memory, but that person is gone.

Which is sad. So I try to not think about it a whole lot. Mika asked me if I had fuzzy memories when we were drawing on the leaves, so I know she has fuzzy memories too. I presume we all do, but I don’t want to bring it up. It isn’t a happy topic, and as a group we tend to stay away from serious things. Because one serious thing could lead to another, and there are a bunch of questions we don’t want to ask.

Altho we are kinda friends with the Admin now. I wonder if he would answer some of them if we asked.

Probably not. Taboos are taboo for a reason.

Anyways.

Goodnight, Dungeon!

40