Cycle 39 (7)
846 2 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear Diary,

The players got here today. They’re going to do this thing where eighteen people push the end button at exactly the same time, just to see what happens. Other than the Admin getting upset, I don’t think it’ll do much. 

But anyways, the players had to wait around until eighteen people showed up. That took half the day. Then they had to form groups, and decide how to optimize the groups, and then decide how to time everything, and that took the rest of the day. And then, since waiting and planning had taken so long, they decided to spend the night here before starting off tomorrow. They presume other players will arrive while they’re sleeping, so they set up this barricade thing around the exit and are sleeping in there. 

I’m glad the players are thinking up new, exciting things to do. I just wish they hadn’t done it in my diner. They were here aaaaaall daaaaay, so I couldn’t leave. And of course no one talked to me except when they wanted to order something. I don’t think I’ve been this bored in ages

Anyways, they expect to be at the final floor by tomorrow night, so Cycle 40 is close. I kinda wonder if the Admin will do anything big for Cycle 50. I mean, every twenty-five cycles he switches things up and implements big changes, but 50 is special. It’s halfway to 100, which the players seem to think is the goal. It might be because I’ve spent a lot of time with the Kobolds lately, but if everything became party-themed on Cycle 50 that would be epic. 

I don’t think the Admin will do anything that really affects us next cycle. Our floor just became a jungle, so that won’t change. I doubt our colors will change, even though we asked about that. On Cycle 50 maybe we’ll get another catgirl, but I doubt it. I think the Admin wants our group dynamic to stay exactly the way it is, so he knows how to act with us. I mean, if he switched any of the girls out with someone else, at this point we’d just blast through the dungeon until we found our girl. While teaching the new catgirl the wonders of door keys and about how our stats don’t ever reset. If he messes with us, it’d just lead to a huge problem for him. 

Mostly I’m just hoping for fun new ingredients to play with, but I hope for that every cycle. Oh! Nat, Gin and I decided we’re going to make a giant cake next cycle. Like, record-breaking big. Why? Because we can

We’ll have to make it on Staab’s floor, and use the volcano as an oven. He said that’s fine as long as we give the other guys on his floor food that day. We asked what food they want, and they decided pizza. Gin was like “come on, give us a challenge!” so they upgraded their order to three-layer deep-dish pizzas with extra cheese.

At which point I realized, Staab is the only one of them that’s ever left their floor. They have no idea what we’re capable of cooking. I mean, we’ll give them pizza, but they haven’t even seen my diner. They just don’t know. 

Those ghosts and hobgoblins must have really sad, boring lives. 

I feel sorry for them. 

Goodnight, Dungeon!

38