A note from the author!
1.5k 22 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey! Sadie here!

Yep, you read that right, we’ve reached the end of Volume 1. But worry not, fair readers, I have plans.

At the moment, I’m going to mark this story as “completed”, and then start making changes. I’ll separate some of the chapters into a volume called “Extras”, and figure out art for the covers. Then I’m going to go through and fix some of the inconsistencies/plot holes. And fill out my lovely spreadsheet so I don’t make new inconsistencies. After that, my plan is to shove the whole book onto Amazon, in case anyone (coughmecough) wants a physical copy.

During all that, I’ll be writing a backlog for Volume 2, where Nikki and co. will be Official Players. I’m debating having a few more non-diary chapters in there, but not a significant percent. One or two per cycle, max. As normal, those chapters wouldn’t be from Nikki’s POV. 

Just so everyone doesn’t forget this exists, every other Wednesday until the next volume starts, I’m going to be releasing chapters with art (admittedly mostly from Picrew) and updates. 

When the new volume starts, I’ll be switching to a Monday/Friday schedule. For the past ten months I haven’t had much time to write short stories, and tbh I miss them. Not that I don’t love writing about colorful chaotic catgirls, but they have kinda been my main thing for long enough.

If you suddenly find yourself needing something else to read, my superhero story VINES is going to get a new volume starting on the 20th. (On RoyalRoad, since Scribblehub doesn't really do volumes...) The first volume contains the same amount of cooking as this story, much less marbles, more weresharks, legitimate time loops, and a Costco. In case you wondered.

Oh, and in case you wondered… The Admin has removed Players before. On Cycle 20, all players who hadn’t passed the entrance of Floor 50 were removed. Just to weed out the slackers. However, since the doors don’t recognize some players as players, he had no reason to suppose the System would correctly identify all the players when asked to do something different. So he put “check passage through this door” insead of “check if this player has been on this floor”. For Cycle 40 he just swapped out “door 50” with “door 100”. But! Couldn’t he have written a code to specifically block the catgirls from becoming players? Eh, probably. But that would have, like, required effort? And then he might miss one, or the System would ignore it anyways… Best to just let it happen. Besides, it’ll get those damn mosquitoes out of his figurative hair.

Other than that, Q&A time in the comments is open! Go ahead and ask anything you like down there!

Thanks so much for reading!

~Sadie

39