Chapter 5
55 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What is it?" Rose asked when she saw that he wasn't taking his gaze away from her.  Ryder seemed to snap out of whatever trance he was in and he looked away from her.

"Nothing just got lost in thought," Ryder replied.

Rose nodded, she finished her water, "Excuse me I have a couple of things to do." 

"Come back in an hour's time," Ryder replied before she could leave.

"For?" 

"Trust me, you won't regret it." 

Rose nodded, "Fine I will."

Rose went to her room to freshen up, she showered from head to toe, and when she was done she put on a fresh set of sweat pants, a top, and a hoodie. She put on some socks and was ready to tackle her hair.

She blow-dried her hair and tied it into a messy bun. She took some of her work from college and began working on it. 

After a few hours of immersing herself in her work, she felt like she needed a break. She went downstairs and found Ryder in the living room. 

He got up when he saw her emerge in the living room, "This way." as he led her to the kitchen, and she followed behind. 

"Sit." Ryder gestured for her nicely.

Rose did that and waited, she saw him get a bowl and open the pot on the stove. He put some soup in the bowl and handed it to her. 

Rose took it, "Thank you." 

Ryder handed her a spoon, "It's quite warm so be careful." 

Rose nodded, she took her first spoon and the soup was amazing, she enjoyed the soup to the point that she hadn't realized that Ryder was watching her. 

When she was done, Rose felt satisfied and leaned back in her chair, "Thank you. That was really amazing." 

Ryder grinned, "It was my pleasure." 

Rose stood up and went outside so that she could soak up the sun and it felt good, she was enjoying every moment of it. 

The day was very pretty, how she could do this all the time. It was definitely different from where she came from. 

This side was blessed more by the site and view, it was nice to experience a change in the scenario from her parents and everyone she knew all together.

Rose flinched from the cold that touched her cheek and looked up to find Ryder holding out a can for her, "What is it?" 

"Lemonade thought you might need some," Ryder replied.

Rose took the can, "Thank you." 

"My pleasure," Ryder replied.

 Rose turned back to the view but looked back to Ryder as he seemed reluctant to leave, "Is there something else you want to ask?" 

Ryder shook his head, "No. Don't mind me." 

Rose nodded, after some time of getting some sun nourishment, she went back to her room to finish up her work.

She was sad that the day went by so quickly but glad that she got some much-needed work done for her classes.

Rose ordered pizza for dinner, put it on the kitchen counter when it arrived, and took some slices with a bottle of water, and sat in the living room. 

Ryder came downstairs and he was dressed up to go, "pizza looks amazing." 

"There is some on the kitchen counter you can help yourself." 

Ryder nodded, and he was back in a second, with a plateful. After eating Rose was ready to watch a movie but their system seemed hard to work.

"Let me help you," said Ryder, and Rose was surprised that he had gobbled down his food so fast. 

"What movie do you want to watch?" He asked her.

"Anything is fine."  Rose got up and took a wine bottle and glass. She came back and sat down.

0