Chapter 7
41 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rose woke up the next morning and she felt a bit sick. When Monday came she was ready for the week and everything was going well for her in terms of classes and bonding with the students.

By Wednesday Rose couldn't think her week could go any better than how it was going up until she had received a message from Gregg and asking to see her on Friday night for dinner.

Rose's heartbeat was very fast, so finally she and Gregg could work things out and everything for her would fall into place. She replied and agreed to meet him at seven p.m.

The week felt as if it was going slowly ever since she got the message from Gregg and when Friday came, Rose finished lectures a bit late.

She did some more work, marking and checking assignments until it was five in the afternoon. She had to go and get dressed so that she could meet up with Gregg.

When Rose arrived at half five she went to her room and started to prepare. She decided to wear a sundress, and she let her hair down. She put on some flat boots.

Rose put on some light make-up and perfume to top it all off. When she was ready to leave she went downstairs and found Ryder in the living room. He looked up when he saw her passing by,

"Are you going somewhere?"

"Yeah, I am going to go see Gregg."

Ryder's jaw clenched, "Your ex?"

"Yeah at Delgado."

"Do you have transport?" Ryder asked.

"I was thinking about taking a cab there."

Ryder got up, "No need, I can take you there."

"You don't have to go out of your way."

"I am also headed out in that direction so I might as well drop you off." Ryder replied.

Rose nodded, "Okay, thank you."

Rose followed Ryder out and they locked the door, he opened the car door for her and she thanked him as she got in. When Ryder was seated in the front they pulled out.

"Are you that nervous to see him?" Ryder asked.

"Huh?"

"Your hands." Ryder replied.

Rose looked down at her hands and she realized that she had clenched them on her lap. "Oh yeah, I haven't seen him in a while."

"Are you excited to see him again?" Ryder probed.

"Yeah, I don't know where this could go or take us."

"You want to get back with him?" Ryder asked.

"Yeah if we can work things out."

Ryder clenched the stirring wheel and was silent. When they got there, she climbed out the car, "Thanks Ryder."

"No problem, I can come to fetch you when you are done just let me know."

Rose nodded, "Okay thank you but I think Gregg will drop me off most likely so don't worry about me and have fun."

Rose closed the door, and went to the restaurant, she told the waiter Gregg's name and they led her to the table that he had reserved for them.

Rose got to the table and was shocked to find Gregg seated but he had his arm around another girl.

0