Chapter 8
39 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Rose you are here, sit," said Gregg.

Rose nodded as she pulled out the chair, she sat down and felt so much pain that took her to another dimension. She couldn't believe how naive she was.

Gregg didn't need a break clearly,

"This is my fiance Anna, Anna this is Rose," said Gregg.

"Nice to meet you, Rose," said Anna.

"Likewise," Rose replied, she could tell that Anna was relishing at this moment. Her whole world was tumbling down and they were thriving at the expense of her pain.

Rose wondered as to why they hadn't told her about this over the phone? Why did Gregg want to see her with his new girlfriend? Just so that he could gloat in her face.

How fun it must be to kick a dead horse, Rose thought. This was beyond humiliating for her, Gregg was engaged which meant he wasn't planning on marrying her.

He had new eyes for someone else and she wondered if he had cheated? Even though not physically but emotionally. She ordered a drink and some food.

Rose wondered, why was she here, the PDA was too much, why did Gregg have to do this to her? She had given him her all but that was not enough clearly.

To add salt to her wounds, he felt the need to flaunt his girlfriend in front of her. Rose felt as if she had enough when she motioned for the waiter to bring the bill and she saw that Gregg and Anna were surprised.

"Arent we having dessert?" Gregg asked her.

"No, my boyfriend is waiting for me at the bar." Rose wondered what had gotten into her, why did she have to say a lousy lie? But she knew that anything was better than being in Gregg's presence.

"Oh." was all Gregg could utter.

Rose paid her bill and she bid them farewell, she couldn't go home as she had to go to the bar where she was meeting her imaginary boyfriend.

When she got to the bar, she sat by the counter and ordered a long island. When it arrived, she sipped on it, and her emotions were on a roller coaster.

"Rose?"

Rose turned and she couldn't believe that Gregg and Anna had followed her to this bar,

"Where is your boyfriend?" Gregg asked.

Rose knew it was time for her to come clean, it was too hard to keep up with this charade, "Actually there is...."

Before Rose could finish her sentence she felt a hand go around her shoulders, "There you are. I have been looking around for you babe."

0