Chapter 3: The Daily Life of the Adventure Team
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Marin woke up in the snoring sound of the sky. The quilt was so thin that the morning air could easily penetrate through the body. Marin, who had just gotten up, shivered. She didn't know how these children should live their lives when winter came...

    Last night, Marin had already joined this simple adventure group and just made up ten people. Everyone also held a small welcome party for Marin. Although only two simple nursery rhymes were sung, Marin was deeply moved.

    Sarah happily threw the position of chief cook of the adventure group to Marin. From then on, Marin started to follow a bunch of little tails. After drinking the carrot soup, the children regarded him as a dad.

 A slightly older boy named Jeep started earlier than the Cuckoo Chicken. At this moment, he was looking at Marin. Yesterday he dragged the unconscious Marin back to the warehouse. His thin body unexpectedly possessed powerful strength.

    "Are you hungry? I'll make breakfast right away."

    Marin moved her stiff body and stepped toward the well outside the warehouse. The biting chill made him shiver, and the cold well water immediately refreshed him.

    "This is not the way to go, since I have joined the adventure group, I always have to do something."

 While washing her face, Marin decided to improve the status quo of the adventure group. I don’t know if the kindness in her heart is at work. As one of the few elders here, Marin puts herself in the role of parents, hoping that these lovely children will have more good life.

 The breakfast was steamed sweet potatoes and potatoes, paired with Marlene’s chives, salt, and carrot shreds to make a side dish, which made people warm from the inside out. Seeing Sarah throwing away the carrots and eating only the chives, Marin felt very  It’s not a good habit to be angry and protect your food even if you are picky.

    "Carrots, eat it for me!"

   "never!"

    "Eat it, or I will stuff a whole carrot into your throat!"

    An angry Marin pointed at Sara’s face with chopsticks. The chopsticks were made by him. The people here mostly use spoons and forks for eating. They use their hands when they don’t have one, and the unhygienic behavior makes Marin uncomfortable.

    Sarah swallowed the carrots bitterly under Marin's lust. She felt as painful as she was taking poison. After avenging her bondage by Sarah yesterday, Marin felt much more refreshed, and the sweet potatoes looked particularly sweet.

    The appearance of everyone lining up to wash dishes reminds Marin of a university cafeteria, but there is a food line. Although she hated the boring study life at the time, she now misses the peaceful daily life very much. Maybe she will only know how to cherish it after she loses it.

 Solving the personal hygiene problem, Marin sorted out the clothes she borrowed. The old linen clothes that Sarah used to replace him were put on him. The rough fabrics were the same as the sack pieces. Although it was a girl’s clothes, Marin couldn’t afford them.  I don't think so, after all, I haven't heard of any warrior who can estrus on the sack film.

 After breakfast is an important daily activity. It is the first time that Marin participated in an adventure group meeting. Although this group is full of half-old children, they made the meeting very formal. Everyone moved on a small bench and sat in two rows.  , The serious atmosphere made Marin a little nervous.

    "It's not good to sit and eat in the sky. Taking advantage of the good omen of the reward yesterday, of course, I have to do the task today. If you agree, please raise your hand!"

 Sarah got up and left the bench and stood facing everyone. She took the initiative to raise her hand hoping that someone would agree with her idea. It turned out that the adventure group meeting was unexpectedly democratic. Marin was happy about it, but she did not expect Sarah this leader to do it.  Have a look and feel.

    Marin raised her hand to support Sarah, and then an unexpected scene appeared. He was the only one who raised his hand. The other children all looked at Marin with reproachful eyes, making him feel hairy.

    "Okay! Some agree, then go to the guild to pick up the task in a while!"

 Sarah happily decided that it was still a dictatorship after a long time, but Marin had more important things to do than a complaint. At that moment, it was obvious that the children looked disgusted because the delicious food was hard to establish.  The friendship faded.

   "Oh no!"

 Marin is very sensitive to the eyes of others. After all, she grew up under the sympathetic eyes of others in her previous life. Although she did not say anything, (you have to thank me, poor orphan!), the piercing eyes of Marin accompanied her.  Pre-life.

    Poor Marin didn't know what he had done wrong, so he had to find a more familiar Mi Lu, this little girl should be able to answer his questions.

   "Humph!"

 Mi Lu’s cheeks are very cute, but now it’s not the time when Lori is cute, Marin reminds herself that business matters, she must figure out the reasons for her discrimination, otherwise, she can’t live in the adventure group as a newcomer.  of.

    "Sister Sara will always take on some dangerous missions and get scarred and go home. Although yesterday's mission was easy to complete, it would be very dangerous if the smoke doesn't work!"

   Mi Lu is still a child who can't bear Marin's empty check. After promising to buy candy under the humiliating condition, Mi Lu explained the matter very clearly.

    "Did Sara let you do such a dangerous thing!"

    "That's not it, Sister Sarah wanted to make bait by herself, but I got it first hehe!"

 Marin suddenly felt heartache when she looked at the smiling face in front of her, and then she was envious, envious of these children pretending to be each other in their hearts, although the hard-living environment made them struggle, the inner warmth is something that people with an abundance of life cannot appreciate...

    I don't know if I can join in, Marin sincerely wanted to join the group at this moment, but when it comes to the adventure group, the task is the only source of life. Sure enough, it is impossible for the Adventurer's Guild not to go.

    "I will accompany Sarah and promise you that I will never take on dangerous tasks. We promised to bring a complete Sarah back, okay?"

    "If Sister Sarah lacks arms or legs, I will ask you for it!"

 Marin thinks it’s best not to let Sarah know what Mi Lu just said, otherwise she likely is the one who lacks arms and legs. To be honest, Marin has lived here for 16 years and is still the first time she has come to the Adventurer’s Guild.  Marlene, who has lived a three-point line of life, rarely goes to places that have nothing to do with her.

    Looking at the chaotic guild Marin was very touched. She didn't expect that she could be reborn in this world, not to mention that one day she would step into the door of the Adventurer's Guild and earn a living by receiving missions.

    "Yeah, this isn't Sister Sarah, how come you are bringing a big boy here, maybe it's Sichuan, it's better to come and play in my brother's group."

    "A malicious ridicule?"

    Marin followed Sarah who did not respond. There was a lot of burlap paper stuck to the task board, and the crooked handwriting made people unclear. In addition, the dim indoor environment was a great test for the eyes.

 Marin's interest in the task quickly faded. In her previous life, she had a stage of being infatuated with the game at home, but unlike the adventurer's house in the game, the atmosphere here is more full of alcohol and sweat.  The western tavern is full of people who look grumpy.

    The missions on the bulletin board made Marin dazzled. The rewards for hunting dragons and defeating the devil at the top are more like a joke. The more common missions are to catch murderers and kill dangerous monsters that endanger villages and towns.

    "It feels dangerous."

    Marin is stuck in a choice disorder. She promised Mi Lu to choose a safe task before. Marin was looking for her on the bulletin board.

    "Take this one!"

    Sarah seemed to have made a decision. She tore off a task sheet and walked to the inner window. Marin quickly stopped her and snatched the task sheet. The content on it made him a little worried.

    (killing the blade demon, three woodsmen who have entered the forest have been killed, and the lord's beloved horse kept out, offering a gold coin with a silver level of danger.)

    "The Blade Demon sounds terrible, can't you change to a safer mission?"

    "Do you have a better choice?"

    "How about this? Hunting 20 slimes that endanger the crops. The danger level is only bronze. We only have two people. This will be safer."

 "Slimes have to be turned in colloids to count. That kind of thing is super difficult to store. It may take hundreds of kills to kill enough colloids. It may take several weeks for two people to complete. The rewards are only a few silver coins, which is not economical.  ."

    "Well, Mrs. Rose lost her pet dog, and you can get fifty silver coins if you find it. There is also a detailed portrait of the pet, and the characteristics should be easy to find."

    "It was either eaten by a monster or someone, and it was a reward a year ago."

    In the end, Marin still compromised. He followed Sarah out of the Adventurer's Guild. Marin, who participated in the adventure for the first time, never thought that he still thought of the adventure task as too simple.

    He never thought that he almost killed himself by accident.

   

 Chapter 4 A shopping street that no one cares about

    "Where to go?"

   "shopping."

    Sarah who was on the mission gave Marin a completely different feeling. She tied up her hair and turned into a capable female strong image. She speaks and does things neatly and clearly with a clear purpose.

    "Pre-war preparations?"

    Marin was disappointed in himself. Just now he thought about facing dangerous monsters with bare hands. He forgot to prepare before the battle. It seemed that he should lose all the unparalleled experience accumulated in playing games.

    This is a simple and real world. The monster is not as cute as the Q version on the screen of the previous life. It is a real bloodthirsty monster. After being attacked, it will have pain and bleeding effects. If you ignore it, you will directly die.

    Sarah led Marlene to the northernmost corner of the town. The alleys here are narrow and there are few pedestrians. According to the usual routine of RPG games, this is the best place for triggering side missions.

    Marin was looking around to see if a stranger suddenly ran out to post the task, but Sarah stopped in front of a wooden house. There was a plaque hanging on the wooden house. The color of the plaque was completely removed from the shop that didn't know what it was selling.

    Pushing open the tattered wooden door, two people walked into the shop. The strong smell of medicine instantly rushed into the nasal cavity, and some metal cans were placed on the simple counter.

   The shop owner is a female elf with long ears. There is an obvious flaw in her profile that destroys the beauty, making her show a terrifying aura that no one can get close to. Seeing her walking by, one leg seems to be lame.

 To say that the healing potion in this world is very magical, as long as you don’t die, no matter how serious the injury is, you have a chance to heal, of course, except for a severed limb. I don’t know what this fairy lady has gone through.  state.

    "I want two cans of recovery ointment this time."

    Sarah directly stated her needs and then took out twenty silver coins. Marin, who saw this scene on the side, couldn't help but be stunned. She didn't expect the recovery medicine to be so expensive.

   Marin is not unused to healing medicine. Knight training will inevitably have some abrasions. Healing potions distributed by the Knights will be used on the spot to heal them. The potions are very cheap and only cost two silver coins, and they still taste delicious apples.

    "Why do you want to buy such an expensive recovery medicine?"

    "Because the shop owner here is a retired adventurer, the quality of the goods sold is guaranteed."

    "Why didn't you see other adventurers come here to buy medicine?"

    "Because the medicines here are expensive."

    "Then why are you here?"

    "Because I want to ensure my safety, now I will add yours."

 Marin was silent. He didn’t bother Sarah any more questions. Compared with the verbal agreement between himself and Mi Lu, Sarah probably used actions to prove her determination to protect everyone. Then Marin chose to believe her judgment and followed Sarah.  No longer question her decision.

 This time the two stood in front of the equipment shop. Marin heard the sound of iron strikes from the stone house and opened the iron door to enter the finished equipment area. The well-made crossbows and swords were placed in a conspicuous place, and the walls were still hanging.  With some armors and shields, although Marin's fighting ability is not very good, she still has eyesight.

 The swords used for sale are not as exquisite as the knights, but the equipment is impeccably made. Marin pulled out one of the long swords. The blade is not as shiny as decorations, and the blade is somewhat blunt.  The appearance of the blade, but Marin knows that the slightly blunt blade is more durable and will not collapse or break in a fierce battle.

 The weight of the hilt of the long sword has been increased to allow the long sword to turn more flexibly. Marin took the long sword and recalled the swordsmanship she had learned, and dexterously rotated the sword around her wrist. The conspicuous movement was very successful.  The center of gravity of this long sword is much better than the props I used to train in the knight school.

 It’s a pity that the attitude of the shopkeeper is hard to compliment. The shopkeeper who entered the shop but was still hitting the iron just turned his head and glanced at Marin. The bald man had a blindfold on his face, and his expressionless face just said Don’t come near me.  Did the shopkeeper buy a personal outfit for herself? Marin was thinking of something irrelevant.

    "Rookie, go and die? Leave, those fancy knights can't save your life."

    The other party's speech was very cold, the shopkeeper directly issued an order to chase away the guests, putting on an arrogant look that didn't put the Knights in his eyes, believe it or not, write a report letter and ask the knights to arrest you.

 But think about it carefully, my swordsmanship is bad enough. Apart from unloading the stakes on the practice field, Marin's best record with the sword is to hold Lara's hands for five rounds, and then it is unbearable.  The scene of being beaten into the purpose.

 Marin turned his eyes to look at the entire equipment shop and looked at the various weapons. His heart was a little discouraged. For Marin, the best choice was the hand crossbow. This weapon can be used well with some training, but crossbowmen need it.  Protected by fighters, but his teammate is a thief.

 Turning her gaze to the protective gear, Marin suddenly had an idea. There is another weapon that he can use well and can use quite well. It is the shield, especially the kite-shaped shield. It has both curved sides suitable for cavalry and also suitable for infantry.  The triangle style is the equipment that Marin has contacted most besides the long sword.

   According to the settings in the game, the shield is only an item to increase the defensive power, but the real-world shield is just as good offensively.

    In the beginning, Marin picked up the shield because she didn't want to be beaten. This is the only equipment Marin can be praised in front of the instructor, although the skill of using the shield was honed by Laura for several years.

 Marin picked up a medium kite-shaped shield and used poplar wood as the main material. The shield was inlaid with three layers of cooked leather and fixed with rivets. While Marin was still studying what kind of animal leather it was, the shopkeeper spoke again...

    "The outermost layer is the hardest part of the back of the iguana, the middle is the slough of the flame snake, and the innermost layer is the cooked cowhide."

   A shopkeeper is a caring person. One side of the light shield is made of three materials. It seems that in addition to being able to resist knives, it also has a certain fire attribute defense. Unless specially customized, craftsmen rarely make this kind of composite equipment.

    "How much does this cost?"

    "Ten gold coins."

   "…can not afford."

    "I can give you on credit."

    The shopkeeper’s words made Marin stop. I don’t know why the other party was so generous. Sarah walked over and picked up the shield twice, and then just stuffed it directly to Marin.

   "Thanks."

    Marin hurriedly followed behind Sarah who had turned and left and looked back at the shopkeeper who was still working on ironing. He nodded and left this slightly harsh equipment shop.

    "Is the owner familiar with you?"

 "He used to be a national-level adventurer. When he was attacking the ice dragon lair on Mount Angnu, it was said that he was the only one who survived, and all his lovers and friends died, so if you make enough money, don't forget to return it to him.  "

 Marin guessed that those who lived in such remote corners and opened hidden shops were all big guys, but he did not guess that this big guy had experienced the most tragic failure of his life. To complete the task, Marin gave her right hand a handful.  The short knife Sarah had used before was the one in the shop with five silver coins.

 After the preparation was completed, the two began to march towards the forest. Marin was not worried that the mission would fail. He only considered whether he would be injured. The Blade Demon is a creature that bullies the soft and is afraid of the hard. Although it has a high-risk Silver level, it can be judged by this level.  It is based on the cluster of blade demons on the border.

    Shamans with magical abilities will be born in the blade demon community, and they will command groups of blade demons to launch an attack, and there are often knights patrolling around large villages and towns, even if the blade demon appears, there are only three or two kittens.

    Even without Marin's arrival, Sarah can solve the trouble alone, at most suffering some damage. She often solves the task alone, and there is no problem facing the scattered blade monsters.

 This is also the reason why the task has not been picked up. Three or two-blade demons are like fish in the forest. Finding them is a trouble in itself. However, large teams with professional tracking capabilities are concerned with such small tasks.  Dismissively again.

    What if there are other lone thieves like Sarah?  But the lone thieves either died in the hands of the monsters or died in prison. After all, thieves like Sarah who did not steal were only a few.

   Marin felt Sarah's excellence in the wild. It was very difficult to keep up with Sarah's footsteps. Fortunately, Marin carried a light shield. If it were a heavy shield, she might be exhausted.

    After walking with numb legs, the two of them finally entered the area where the Blade Demon was infested. This is private land belonging to the lord, and there are no people around, probably only the woodcutter will come here.

    The unmanned forest was a bit quiet, and Sarah soon found the blade demon's footprint on the muddy ground of the forest. It was great that it went so smoothly at the beginning, and the two followed the blade demon along with the unique footprints.

    Then it didn't take long for the two people to understand what they were going to face.

0