Chapter 4: A shopping street that no one cares about
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   "Where to go?"

   "shopping."

    Sarah who was on the mission gave Marin a completely different feeling. She tied up her hair and turned into a capable female strong image. She speaks and does things neatly and clearly with a clear purpose.

    "Pre-war preparations?"

    Marin was disappointed in himself. Just now he thought about facing dangerous monsters with bare hands. He forgot to prepare before the battle. It seemed that he should lose all the unparalleled experience accumulated in playing games.

    This is a simple and real world. The monster is not as cute as the Q version on the screen of the previous life. It is a real bloodthirsty monster. After being attacked, it will have pain and bleeding effects. If you ignore it, you will directly die.

    Sarah led Marlene to the northernmost corner of the town. The alleys here are narrow and there are few pedestrians. According to the usual routine of RPG games, this is the best place for triggering side missions.

    Marin was looking around to see if a stranger suddenly ran out to post the task, but Sarah stopped in front of a wooden house. There was a plaque hanging on the wooden house. The color of the plaque was completely removed from the shop that didn't know what it was selling.

    Pushing open the tattered wooden door, two people walked into the shop. The strong smell of medicine instantly rushed into the nasal cavity, and some metal cans were placed on the simple counter.

   The shop owner is a female elf with long ears. There is an obvious flaw in her profile that destroys the beauty, making her show a terrifying aura that no one can get close to. Seeing her walking by, one leg seems to be lame.

 To say that the healing potion in this world is very magical, as long as you don’t die, no matter how serious the injury is, you have a chance to heal, of course, except for a severed limb. I don’t know what this fairy lady has gone through.  state.

    "I want two cans of recovery ointment this time."

    Sarah directly stated her needs and then took out twenty silver coins. Marin, who saw this scene on the side, couldn't help but be stunned. She didn't expect the recovery medicine to be so expensive.

   Marin is not unused to healing medicine. Knight training will inevitably have some abrasions. Healing potions distributed by the Knights will be used on the spot to heal them. The potions are very cheap and only cost two silver coins, and they still taste delicious apples.

    "Why do you want to buy such an expensive recovery medicine?"

    "Because the shop owner here is a retired adventurer, the quality of the goods sold is guaranteed."

    "Why didn't you see other adventurers come here to buy medicine?"

    "Because the medicines here are expensive."

    "Then why are you here?"

    "Because I want to ensure my safety, now I will add yours."

 Marin was silent. He didn’t bother Sarah any more questions. Compared with the verbal agreement between himself and Mi Lu, Sarah probably used actions to prove her determination to protect everyone. Then Marin chose to believe her judgment and followed Sarah.  No longer question her decision.

 This time the two stood in front of the equipment shop. Marin heard the sound of iron strikes from the stone house and opened the iron door to enter the finished equipment area. The well-made crossbows and swords were placed in a conspicuous place, and the walls were still hanging.  With some armors and shields, although Marin's fighting ability is not very good, she still has eyesight.

 The swords used for sale are not as exquisite as the knights, but the equipment is impeccably made. Marin pulled out one of the long swords. The blade is not as shiny as decorations, and the blade is somewhat blunt.  The appearance of the blade, but Marin knows that the slightly blunt blade is more durable and will not collapse or break in a fierce battle.

 The weight of the hilt of the long sword has been increased to allow the long sword to turn more flexibly. Marin took the long sword and recalled the swordsmanship she had learned, and dexterously rotated the sword around her wrist. The conspicuous movement was very successful.  The center of gravity of this long sword is much better than the props I used to train in the knight school.

 It’s a pity that the attitude of the shopkeeper is hard to compliment. The shopkeeper who entered the shop but was still hitting the iron just turned his head and glanced at Marin. The bald man had a blindfold on his face, and his expressionless face just said Don’t come near me.  Did the shopkeeper buy a personal outfit for herself? Marin was thinking of something irrelevant.

    "Rookie, go and die? Leave, those fancy knights can't save your life."

    The other party's speech was very cold, the shopkeeper directly issued an order to chase away the guests, putting on an arrogant look that didn't put the Knights in his eyes, believe it or not, write a report letter and ask the knights to arrest you.

 But think about it carefully, my swordsmanship is bad enough. Apart from unloading the stakes on the practice field, Marin's best record with the sword is to hold Lara's hands for five rounds, and then it is unbearable.  The scene of being beaten into the purpose.

 Marin turned his eyes to look at the entire equipment shop and looked at the various weapons. His heart was a little discouraged. For Marin, the best choice was the hand crossbow. This weapon can be used well with some training, but crossbowmen need it.  Protected by fighters, but his teammate is a thief.

 Turning her gaze to the protective gear, Marin suddenly had an idea. There is another weapon that he can use well and can use quite well. It is the shield, especially the kite-shaped shield. It has both curved sides suitable for cavalry and also suitable for infantry.  The triangle style is the equipment that Marin has contacted most besides the long sword.

   According to the settings in the game, the shield is only an item to increase the defensive power, but the real-world shield is just as good offensively.

    In the beginning, Marin picked up the shield because she didn't want to be beaten. This is the only equipment Marin can be praised in front of the instructor, although the skill of using the shield was honed by Laura for several years.

 Marin picked up a medium kite-shaped shield and used poplar wood as the main material. The shield was inlaid with three layers of cooked leather and fixed with rivets. While Marin was still studying what kind of animal leather it was, the shopkeeper spoke again...

    "The outermost layer is the hardest part of the back of the iguana, the middle is the slough of the flame snake, and the innermost layer is the cooked cowhide."

   A shopkeeper is a caring person. One side of the light shield is made of three materials. It seems that in addition to being able to resist knives, it also has a certain fire attribute defense. Unless specially customized, craftsmen rarely make this kind of composite equipment.

    "How much does this cost?"

    "Ten gold coins."

   "…can not afford."

    "I can give you on credit."

    The shopkeeper’s words made Marin stop. I don’t know why the other party was so generous. Sarah walked over and picked up the shield twice, and then just stuffed it directly to Marin.

   "Thanks."

    Marin hurriedly followed behind Sarah who had turned and left and looked back at the shopkeeper who was still working on ironing. He nodded and left this slightly harsh equipment shop.

    "Is the owner familiar with you?"

 "He used to be a national-level adventurer. When he was attacking the ice dragon lair on Mount Angnu, it was said that he was the only one who survived, and all his lovers and friends died, so if you make enough money, don't forget to return it to him.  "

 Marin guessed that those who lived in such remote corners and opened hidden shops were all big guys, but he did not guess that this big guy had experienced the most tragic failure of his life. To complete the task, Marin gave her right hand a handful.  The short knife Sarah had used before was the one in the shop with five silver coins.

 After the preparation was completed, the two began to march towards the forest. Marin was not worried that the mission would fail. He only considered whether he would be injured. The Blade Demon is a creature that bullies the soft and is afraid of the hard. Although it has a high-risk Silver level, it can be judged by this level.  It is based on the cluster of blade demons on the border.

    Shamans with magical abilities will be born in the blade demon community, and they will command groups of blade demons to launch an attack, and there are often knights patrolling around large villages and towns, even if the blade demon appears, there are only three or two kittens.

    Even without Marin's arrival, Sarah can solve the trouble alone, at most suffering some damage. She often solves the task alone, and there is no problem facing the scattered blade monsters.

 This is also the reason why the task has not been picked up. Three or two-blade demons are like fish in the forest. Finding them is a trouble in itself. However, large teams with professional tracking capabilities are concerned with such small tasks.  Dismissively again.

    What if there are other lone thieves like Sarah?  But the lone thieves either died in the hands of the monsters or died in prison. After all, thieves like Sarah who did not steal were only a few.

   Marin felt Sarah's excellence in the wild. It was very difficult to keep up with Sarah's footsteps. Fortunately, Marin carried a light shield. If it were a heavy shield, she might be exhausted.

    After walking with numb legs, the two of them finally entered the area where the Blade Demon was infested. This is private land belonging to the lord, and there are no people around, probably only the woodcutter will come here.

    The unmanned forest was a bit quiet, and Sarah soon found the blade demon's footprint on the muddy ground of the forest. It was great that it went so smoothly at the beginning, and the two followed the blade demon along with the unique footprints.

    Then it didn't take long for the two people to understand what they were going to face.

   

 Chapter 5: A Lot of Sharp Blade Demons

 The two followed the unique footprints left by the Blade Demon and soon came to a gentle slope. After climbing the gentle slope, they saw a surprising scene. No wonder they could easily discover the whereabouts of the Blade Demon because it was a sharp blade at all.  Magic community.

    is a bowl-shaped valley below the slope. In the middle of the valley is a bonfire burning. Five knives are dancing strange dances around the bonfire. They seem to be performing some kind of ritual.

 A heartbreaking horse neighing sounded, and the two men lying on the soil slope lowered their heads subconsciously and then walked out of the grass a sturdy blade demon, which was twice as tall as an ordinary blade demon.  There are also explosive muscles, this is a leader-level monster!

    The leader of the blade demon drags a mare, and the horse's abdomen is bulging up in a pregnant state. Seeing this scene, both of them understand that the lord's horse is not dead. The miserable experience of this poor mare is sympathetic.

 The mare was dragged to the bonfire, and then the blade demon raised the hatchet in his hand and broke the horse's belly severely. A special blade demon with slender hands and feet crawled out of the crack in the mare's belly. It can be born as soon as it is born.  Walking also wants to command the surrounding men.

    "It's a shaman!"

 Sarah was surprised by the scene before her. Marin, who had witnessed the bloody scene with her own eyes, was stunned. (Is there no reproductive isolation for monsters?) This strange thought came out of the brain first, (Is it really on my body?  Is there a kobold descent?) Then came another strange idea.

    Sarah slapped Marin, who was stunned, and he recovered from his surprise. After seeing the irritation, Marin suddenly felt a hot stream rushing to his throat, and the food rushed out of his mouth and contaminated the land in front of him.

    "We must leave. This is no longer a problem that two people can solve. At least one team or an adventurer above the Gold level is needed."

    Thank you Sarah for staying calm. Now Marin trembles with her hands and feet when she thinks of Blade Devil's face. She wants to climb down the slope and falls because of it.

    "Ahhhhhhh!"

    The hoarse and unpleasant scream came from behind a tree next to him, and then the two saw a blade demon jumping out from behind the tree. It turned out that there were patrols around besides the blade demon holding the ceremony by the campfire!

 This sharp blade demon is holding an animal’s leg bone as a weapon. It’s relatively thin and should be easy to deal with, but now the two of them don’t have the energy to deal with it, and the screams of the blade demon have been heard in the valley behind them.  Sound, the two have been stared at by this powerful group of sharp blade demons.

 Sarah suddenly rushed towards the scout who spotted the two of them. She used her left hand to pull out the dagger around her waist. She did not forget to pull out a knife. Sarah slid to avoid the bone stick and the sharp blade of the dagger swinging down by the Blade Demon.  Stabbed fiercely into the back of the monster's head, a quick and clean blow!

    "Run!"

    Sarah had already solved the enemy in front of her, but Marin was still lying on the ground and did not react. The gap between the novice and the veteran was clear at this moment.

 Marin hurriedly got up from the ground to chase Sarah. He didn't even care about picking up the short knife when he fell on the ground. Marin was already panicked. The fighting skills trained in the Knights for more than ten years were useless at this moment. At this time, Marin only hates old age.  Why didn't mom give herself a few more legs?

    Marin, who had been walking for a day, was very tired and couldn't run, but the shouts behind her were getting closer and closer. At this moment, Marin felt desperate, and he began to sarcastically why he had to follow him, and why the adventure mission was a child's play.

 There was no moment when Marin hated the memory of her previous life more than now. Why did she give herself the illusion that hunting monsters are very simple? The screen used to be just a bunch of weak monsters. At this moment, she is chasing behind Marin with her teeth and claws, with a terrifying expression.  Full of the excitement of finding food.

    "Hey, gurgling!"

   The cry of the sharp blade demon changed. They found that the one running in the front was a human female. This was like finding a treasure. The female animal could help grow the ethnic group and use it as a food reserve.

   The blade devils were divided into two teams in the pursuit. They were preparing to double-team the two humans who escaped. In the wild with a complex environment, the running speed of humans is completely inferior to that of monsters.

    Marin wanted to lose the shield behind her back to reduce the weight, but when she thought that this was the only weapon that could defend herself, she couldn't bear it. Marin was panting until a heatwave lifted him off, and he fell to the ground and chewed his mouth full of mud.

 It was the shaman at the back that threw a precise shot of flame magic. The magic hit Marin’s shield behind his back. The flame resistance reduced the damage to Marin by the magic. Marin was very fortunate that he had escaped, but he was still in a bad situation.  wonderful.

    Three-blade demons surrounded Marin and prevented him from escaping. There was a shaman in the distance ready to cast spells at any time. Marin took the shield in her hand in a guarded posture and touched the scabbard with the other hand to her waist.

 The knife fell from the slope just now, and Marin, who wanted to take out the weapon, touched it. Despair flooded Marin's heart. The act of losing the weapon crushed his will, and his nose and tears flowed out uncontrollably.  , The salty tears fell on her lips and made Marin feel pain. Maybe her lips broke at the moment she just touched the ground.

 Marin couldn't see his embarrassed appearance, his heart was already occupied by despair. It would be miserable if he was caught by the Blade Demon, but it would be difficult to commit suicide without a knife. Marin was wondering if she would cut herself with the edges of the shield.  Neck.

    "Puff!"

    A blade demon surrounding Marlene fell, with a dagger stuck in the neck of the opponent, Sarah who came back to help him solve one of the problems, but the rescue behavior also made Sara step into the encirclement.

    Sarah rushed over from the woods on one side, pulled out the dagger from the corpse, and leaned against Marin. The two quickly confronted the surrounding Blade Demon.

    "Why are you back? It would be miserable for women to be caught by them, why don't you run!"

 The warmth of the back at this moment seemed to make Marin regain a trace of rationality. The number of blade monsters surrounding the two increased from two to six. The shaman stood in the distance and commanded his men to surround the two humans, while the tall monster of the leader level stood.  Watching the play on the side, the naturally hanging arms showed their current happy mood with ease.

    The leader-level blade demon made a special call from its commanders. It wanted the younger brothers to take the female humans for their enjoyment, while the newly-born shaman made an angry voice. It seemed dissatisfied that the big man stepped over and gave orders indiscriminately.

   The shaman in the blade demon population is the absolute leader, but there is a leader-level blade demon in this settlement, not to mention this blade demon is the shaman's father.

 The leader-level blade demon seemed to be impatient with his son's yelling. The younger brother-level blade demon had already been in confusion due to the orders of the two leaders. The monsters surrounded the human being and did not know what to do. This gave the two a chance to breathe...

    The two-blade demon leaders seemed to conflict. They put aside the prey they had already obtained and looked like they were preparing to solve their internal problems first.

    The hoarse cry stabbed people's eardrums, and suddenly the shaman fired a flame of magic in the quarrel, it seemed to want to teach the disobedient big man a lesson.

 The leader-level blade demon blocked the flying fireball with his arm. It seemed to be angered and rushed towards the shaman's body, and slammed down the hatchet in his hand. The newly born shaman was split in half before the full moon passed...

    The chief-level blade demon yelled twice, and it stared at Sara with blood-red eyes, as if thinking that this young human female should be better than a mare, and this time it was going to give birth to an obedient shaman.

 The siege began soon. If this is just a game, Marin can standstill, as long as he keeps his eyes on the health bar in the lower-left corner and uses the healing medicine in time, and Sarah can wander and output. Solving the blade demon is nothing but  Cut a few questions.

    It's a pity that Marin's hand holding the shield was shaking at this moment. His movements affected Sarah's balance behind him. Marin tried hard to suppress the fear, but it was a pity that trying hard to face the fear was useless.

    Under the urging of the leader, a blade demon rushed towards him with a club. The weapon touched the shield in Marin's hand and made a clanging sound that resounded through the woods.

0