Chapter 6 – Royal Academy of Avalon
1.3k 5 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What's going on?" a student asked

"Where is everyone going?" another asked

A large crowd of students started gathering, heading towards the Central Plaza, and they were simply following along. 

"It's the headmaster. He's heading to the Testing Rock" one of the other students replied.

"The Testing Rock? It's not induction day! Why would he be going there? Who is he testing?" another asked. 

"I don't know. But I heard it's someone brought by Princess Donna!" the first student replied. 

"There! That's him!" said another pointing in the distance. 

As they looked at the Testing Rock, sitting right in the middle of the Central Plaza, Headmaster Gandorf was directing Tyrannus to place his hand on the large rock. 

Tyrannus took a deep breath and place his hand on the rock. 

Immediately, the rock buzzed and a large marble wall behind the testing stone seemed to mysteriously show carvings on them. 

Usually the Testing Rock is only used on Induction Day at the Academy when an outstanding student that is beyond Level 2 is found.

Usually young recruits are tested on normal Stones of  Reading of which nearly every academy instructor has one. 

The stone can test whether a potential student has reached the minimum requirement of Level 2 to be admitted or recruited into the academy. 

However, every few years, there would be a student who was tested to be above Level 2, such as Princess Donna, and they would be tested publicly on the Testing Rock to check the exact level of the student. 

Besides ranking someone by levels, one's rank can be further divided into Base, Low, Middle, High and Peak ranks at each level.

For example Princess Donna was inducted as a Base Level 3 to the Academy at age 12. She progressed to Low Level 3 in 3 years, then took another 3 years to get to Middle Level 3, demonstrating her incredible talent. 

If she can continue at this rate, she should reach Base Level 4 Master in her 20s, making her the youngest Level 4 in the history of the Academy!

Typically, even the most talented instructors in the Academy only reach Base Level 4 Master in their 30s.

The crowd surrounding the area gasped in shock as the carvings on the wall showed several words in fancy italic calligraphy.

[Tyrannus Rock, 16 years old, High Level 4]

"Is this good or bad?" Tyrannus asked, looking at Donna and Gandorf. 

"Of course it's very good" smiled Gandorf as he held both Tyrannus' hands with pride, as if looking at a treasure.

Such a prodigy in their ranks will surely bring pride and glory to their academy for many years to come. 

"Wait headmaster. I want to get public acknowledgment of my promotion as well" Donna said. 

Gandorf nodded and stood next to Tyrannus as they watched Donna approach the Testing Rock and place her hand on it. 

[Donna de Avelon, 18 years old, Peak Level 3]

"Congratulations Donna. Well done" Gandorf said happily. 

He was so shocked when he first met Tyrannus, and when Tyrannus fought his foster mother and guardian of Avalon Kitsune that he didn't even realize that Donna had improved too. 

"Thanks headmaster" Donna smiled happily as the three of them walked away together. 

"Princess Donna has progressed as well. Her ranking as 12th in the Academy will rise now! As a Peak Level 3, she should be able to equal to the top 3 of Severus, Aribeth and Lancelot" a student said. 

"Top 3? You mean next 3. That new kid is now firmly placed at number 1! He's fucking High Level 4!" another student replied. 

"You really think he's a student? I thought he would be an instructor! It's not fair if he is a student" the first student answered. 

"Did you look at him? He looks like he came from the jungle or something. Princess Donna probably found such a monster in the forest or something, so although he may have monstrous fighting abilities, he probably knows little of the world" the other replied. 

Tyrannus was brought to a more secluded area of the Academy that had single story chalets which each had a master bedroom, bathroom and several spare rooms. 

These chalets were the residences of the top students in the Academy. Donna was showing him around after being given instuctions by Gandorf to settle him in. 

Usually other new students were placed in the dormitories where there were 4 beds per room and shared amenities. But Tyrannus was instantly the top student in the Academy due to his level, and as such he was given access to privileges only available to their top students, such as personal residences. 

"And here is your chalet. My is over there, so we are practically neighbors" she smiled. 

"Ok thank you so much for getting me into the Academy" he said

"It's my pleasure. You will enjoy learning here and experiencing much more than what you have in Broken Tooth" she smiled. 

"Anyway, get comfortable in your residence. Tomorrow is your first day, so you better get some rest. If you need anything, I am just over there" she smiled as she gave him a lingering gaze, then walked off. 

Tyrannus waved goodbye and closed his door. He looked around the chalet and found that it was nearly as big as his parent's house. Behind the chalet he had a large garden as well as a small stream. 

He was glad, as he would probably miss home, and the sound of the stream would remind him of the sound of the river at his home. 

He took a long bath and rearranged his belongings before turning off the lights and going to bed. 

As he lay down with his hands behind his head, he looked at the four walls and wondered how his parents are doing. 

"Enjoying yourself in your new home?" a beautiful voice suddenly was heard in the room. 

Tyrannus instantly sprung into action and bounced off several walls in evasive maneuvers before finding himself looking at a gorgeous woman sitting on his bed. 

"Kitsune?" he said, recognizing the woman that was called the Guardian of Avalon. 

"You should call me cousin of sorts" she smiled. 

"What do you mean?" he asked, curiously. 

"I visited your parents" she answered. 

"You visited my parents? Are they hurt?" he suddenly asked, worried that this crazy lady may have attacked them. 

"Them, hurt? If I attacked them, it's unclear who would win one on one. Both of them? I don't stand a chance" she smiled. 

"Then... what happened?" Tyrannus asked curiously. 

"I visited them, especially your mother, to find out if she was Princess Mara of 10,000 years ago." Kitsune started.

Tyrannus listened intently. 

"She indeed was! She's my mother's best friend in the Old Realm and they considered each other sisters. They were called the Sisters of Destruction as they were blessed with the power of destruction, although each had a different aspect of destruction. 

But when Mara disappeared and the portal to the Old Realm was destroyed, the old Demon King thought your mother was dead and mourned her. 

The later war with the Wraiths caused us to flee into several portals. Who would have known the portal I entered would lead us back to this world? We didn't even know it was the same world we battled many years ago. 

And while my mother was lost to me while many of us escaped, I never forgot the tales she told me of her sister Mara." she finished.

Tyrannus has known about his parent's history. He also knew about his parent's desire for a quiet peaceful life. In fact, he enjoyed his own quiet life hunting in Darkwind Forest. 

If not for the fact that he desired answers to his strange dreams, he would have not wanted to leave. 

Of course, now that he seemed to be smitten with Donna, he had another reason to leave too. 

"So, what now between us?" Tyrannus asked. 

"Well, we're cousins! You're practically family! I'll keep an eye out for you and maybe train you a little" she said eagerly. 

"Uh... thanks, I think" he replied, unsure if this was a good thing or not. 

"You think? I insist!" she said smacking him at the back of his head. 

"Anyway, I have to get back. I'll drop by to see my son for a while on the way" she said, patting him on the shoulder, then disappearing. 

Tyrannus sat on the bed scratching his head. 

"Damn. I think my life just got more complicated" he said, plopping his head on his pillow. 

20