Chapter 17 – The Champion
750 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tyrannus waited patiently in the waiting area after finding out that Donna was fine. He watched match after match waiting for Romulus. 

He suspected that the bouts were rigged because although he was supposedly drawn in the same group as Romulus, he seemed not to be able to fight him and instead seem to be fighting harder and harder opponents. He was fighting more and more Level 4 Master level opponents, which were theoretically the same level as him. 

In fact, these opponents seemed to be as vicious and brutal as Romulus, maiming and killing their opponents. Furthermore, none of these level 4 exponents were seen in the earlier rounds. They only started appearing in the later rounds, killing an maiming their opponents. 

The first of such opponents was named Rasputin. He was a large brute, strong and seemingly indestructible. However, he wasn't slow or bulky in the least. In fact, he was incredibly agile and fast. 

His first opponent was smashed to death brutally. His fist smashed through a female warrior's shield, breaking her arm. As she fell, he jumped on her and pummeled her with his fists like a jackhammer, smashing her body, crushing bone and flesh and leaving only her head. The rest of her body was nothing but meatpaste. He picked up her head by her ponytail and walked off with it. 

His second opponent, he rushed at his opponent and punched his head. The opponent's head flew off and was mush as it splatted on the far arena wall. His body flew separately from the same punch and smashed lifelessly on the wall too.

When he met Tyrannus, he charged as well and seemingly cornered him, pummeling Tyrannus like a jackhammer. However, when he stopped, Tyrannus was nowhere to be found.

Suddenly, the large man noticed that Tyrannus was standing on his shoulders! Tyrannus swung his right arm around 3 times then kissed his fist. 

"Wait... I've seen that move before" Donna said, remembering the time they first met. Tyrannus did that right before he killed that level 5 beast with one punch. 

"That's his punch he uses when he is serious" Mara, his mother answered. 

"You mean all the time at the Academy, with me and in every fight here, he hasn't punched seriously before?" Donna thought in her head. 

Tyrannus punched the top of Rasputin's head. His head immediately cannoned through his body, at sinking into his chest and exiting his groin. The head smashed into the ground, half of it was mush while the other half remained above the ground, eyes looking shocked. 

Tyrannus jumped off and started walking of the stage as Rasputin's body fell to the ground. A bloody hole could be seen where the head passed through his ribcage and breaking through his pelvis. His organs and even his genitals could be seen in pieces all over the arena floor. 

The second of such opponents was a swordsman named Agnar. Agnar carried a huge sword as big and wide as a normal man and he swung it around with his superhuman strength. 

Agnar faced a impressive twin bladed warrior, who used duel fire and ice swords to attack, but Agnar simply blocked it and with one swipe, he cut through both blades that were blocking and right through the twin bladed warrior. As the warrior flew into the air in two pieces, Agnar swiped again, cutting him into more pieces. 

The second warrior Agnar faced was a pretty female warrior who was a spear and shield user that used earth powers. She formed several shields that held Agnar back, but within several swipes of his large sword, she was left with her arms and legs cut off. He picked her up and ripped her clothes off.

He walked off the stage laughing as he ravaged her helpless body with his mouth and tongue while holding her in an obscene way with his large hands. 

In the next round, Tyrannus avoided Agnar's opening attack by kicking the sword into the air while it was in mid swing. The shocked crowd and even Agnar looked up into the sky at the huge sword spinning in the sky as Tyrannus winded up his right arm and kissed it. The moment the sword came back down, Agnar cought it, but Tyrannus punched the middle of the sword.

The sword bent and deformed badly as it went right through Agnar's body, exiting out of his back, his spine and organs splattered out of his back. Agnar stood still, not believing what happened and looking at his own sword bent in half and poking through his body. 

When he arrived back at his seat, he was informed by Donna that Romulus had defeated another 2 opponents as well. Now, after having his genitals blown up and sliced off, he was absolutely deranged. He killed both opponents easily, using the full extent of his lightning, wind and water powers to not only blow them up, but also blast their bodies to smithereens, not leaving a recognizable piece to even bury. 

Not long later, an announcement came, the much waited match between Tyrannus and Romulus. They both entered the arena running. They were two beasts that had been waiting for this match for a long time. 

Romulus stood on one end looking deranged. Although the Church of Light healed his body, they couldn't recreate another penis for him. He instantly summoned lightning and thunder and charged at Tyrannus like a mad dog.

His attack consisted of his balls of wind, lightning and had torrential rain that drenched the area Tyrannus was standing. Each raindrop had frozen ice needles that would piece through flesh and render bones. 

But everything seemed to miss Tyrannus as he stood still waiting for Romulus' main body to arrive. As he arrived, both his wind balls and lightning bolts seemed to miss Tyrannus by a hair while Tyrannus smiled at him and winded up his arm, then kissing his fist. 

Somehow Tyrannus was below Romulus as Romulus attacked, then he suddenly gave an uppercut from way below, not aiming at Romulus' chin, but instead it went straight up between his legs and hitting his perineum. 

Romulus didn't even feel any pain as his head popped out and flew straight up into the air as his body also jolted upwards. Tyrannus used his destruction powers and Romulus' body started disintegrating from his groin to his neck. 

By the time his head dropped down, his body was already gone and his head smashed onto the floor as meatpaste and bone bits. 

Tyrannus took a deep breath, then walked off the stage as winner of the bout. Most in the audience expected a longer match, but like all of Tyrannus' matches, it took barely any time and mostly with one attack. 

The rest of the tournament was in fact a let down as most of the other matches went as expected with no upsets. Even the other remaining contestants fell before Tyrannus, even though he showed mercy to the rest of them who didn't piss him off. 

At the end, with or without the organizer trying to rig the matches, Tyrannus won the whole tournament literally beating everyone that was left, and leaving no doubt who the champion was. 

The ceremony to announce the champion was a boring affair, again with prayers and speeches by the Pope, and the awarding of prizes. The top 10 were given prize money, a high quality demon crystal core and the top 100 ranked will be invited into their secret realm to train. 

Tyrannus was gifted the top prize of a Level 6 crystal core of a draconic metal wyrm, a high quality magic sword as well as a place in the secret realm. 

His victory of course brought fame and fortune to himself as well as to the Avalon Academy. His parents stood proudly watching their son declared as champion. 

They rested and the next day, all 100 top contestants were standing at the entrance to the secret realm. There was of course another long winded ceremony with prayers, rituals and speeches before they opened the portal. 

All the winners were told that they will be in the portal for only 3 days, but in the secret realm, time runs at a faster rate, allowing them 30 days inside the realm. The realm will be full of sacred herbs, long extinct beasts as well as other rare cultivation materials. However, only those under 20 are able to enter such a realm. Besides that, because they are guests of the Church of Light, everything discovered and brought back to this realm will have to share 50% of the spoils with the Church of Light. 

"Ah... that is why they invited only those under 20. The church of light probably doesn't have enough manpower to successfully excavate the place and is using labor from other forces around the world. It's probably a dangerous realm" Ragnar said. Mara frowned and nodded. 

Finally, after all the long winded speeches, the church elders started chanting and a large portal opened. As champion, Tyrannus entered the portal first, followed by the rest of the 100 according to their ranks. 

"Did you feel that?" Ragnar said, his eyes opened in shock. "It cannot be!" Mara said as she stood up. 

"What is it? What is going on aunt?" Kitsune asked. 

Meanwhile, Tyrannus felt disoriented as the teleportation was rougher than he expected, bending his senses, confusing him with strange lights and sounds. 

Then suddenly everything went dark as he passed out...

16