Chapter 33 – Port Fargon
421 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Finally, after a long journey without having to take teleportation portals, they landed on the Trembling Continent. 

By now, with the lifeforces of Kitsune, Alyssa and Aphrodite, Tyrannus was whole at last, his eyes and other organs were material again. 

His companions hid their bodies and faces in large cloaks, so as not to attract attention with their looks. 

Entering the seaside town, he found that it was called Port Fargon, a seaside town that was governed by Genora, a nation on the neighboring Roshell Continent.

Although it was officially under Genora's rule, in reality it was a lawless port town overrun by ruffians, pirates, bandits and mercenaries.

It was popular because it was surrounded by the mysterious Silent Forest, a large forest filled with precious and rare herbs, fierce magical creatures, spirits and even monsters.

So trade of rare herbs and rare creature cores were popular in the port town. 

Beyond the Silent Forest was the Seraphim Desert. The desert is famously inhabited by gigantic sand worms, each at least a kilometer long and with a diameter of at least 30+ meters all along its body. 

Surprisingly there is another human town at the edge of the Silent Forest, at the boundary with the Seraphim Desert which was similarly a lawless town called Rockcliff. 

It was built on a huge rock next to the desert so that sand worms could not burrow underneath it and devour the whole town from below. 

People still ventured to the Seraphim Desert because of treasures found in many buried cities found ever so often. Apparently, the Trembling Continent was once home to a bustling empire called the Kingdom of Atlasia.

The Kingdom of Atlasia had cities floating in the sky, and the ancient people claimed to be gods. 

However somehow, one day the cities and its whole civilization crashed to the ground and was buried under the desert due to an enormous earthquake. Tremors can still be felt every few weeks, hence the name the Trembling Continent. 

Somewhere in the Sand Worm Desert, is the City of Serpents and home to Queen Medusa, who Queen Alyssa advised Tyrannus to see. 

She was a well known Immortal witch, having lived for a long time, from even the time his parents were fighting, thousands of years ago. 

After such a long trip, Tyrannus decided to stay in the town for a few days to acclimatize himself to the weather here.

Unlike his home which was temperate, this town was very hot and humid. The inhabitants of the town, mostly rough looking mercenaries were surprisingly powerful, with most of them at least level 4 Masters, and level 5 grandmasters were not rare.

In fact, Tyrannus sensed that there were even a few Level 6 sages around town. 

Living in such a rough town indeed made the people here tough and skillful in survival. 

Sitting in the tavern, Tyrannus gathered more information about the surrounding Silent Forest. 

Apparently, there is a demonic presence in the forest at night, making many powerful mercenary groups disappear. 

This has been going on for 9 months now, and the land trade routes between Port Fargon and Rockcliff have been stopped as the forest was too large to traverse within a day. 

Many mercenary groups were sent to find out why and eliminate the threat, but so far only a few had returned. 

Only shriveled up human bodies were reported by the survivors, and even then they were too fearful to go back.

Thus, most travellers preferred to take the more expensive route, namely by air using giant flying eagles. 

However, this was expensive and there were only 3 giant eagles offering this service, each owned by one of the larger mercenary groups. 

Furthermore, the giant eagles only flew once a week in both directions and all the spaces had already been booked ahead for months. 

Tyrannus of course didn't care about any of this. He has the lifeforce and powers of 3 Immortal beings in his body which he can summon if needed. Besides that, he had 6 Level 5 Grandmaster level followers with him, making him one of the, if not most powerful person in the town. 

Thus he decided to travel by land and decided to depart the very next day. He booked a room at one of the inns and he entered it with all his girls, deciding to have an early night to depart early in the morning. 

Several hours later at night, the room door was suddenly crashed in as several men dressed in dark clothes rushed into the room. 

They barged in with weapons drawn, empty sacks and cloths soaked with chloroform to kidnap the girls to sell as slaves. 

Although the girls were dressed in cloaks and hid their faces, they were all gorgeous girls, and even loose fitting robes couldn't hide their body shape. 

Without any hesitation they also intended to kidnap Tyrannus, who everyone noticed was a extremely handsome man, even though he had mismatching eyes. 

These were experienced slavers and were well practiced and were all of them level 4 masters and even had a level 5 grandmaster among them. 

Unfortunately, their targets were Tyrannus and his girls. 

The moment they barged in, several of them suddenly had slits cut into their throats, caused by Lila who practically lived in the shadows. 

The rest suddenly felt sluggish and sleepy, unable to think clearly. 

"No.. poison!" the level 6 grandmaster ranked kidnapper yelled, but it was too late as everyone else in his party fell down, dead from Belladonna's poison. 

A strong red colored hand suddenly grabbed him over his head and squeezed. The man's head burst open as Celeste flexed her fingers. 

"Ah shit Celeste! Couldn't you just break his neck or something? Now we have brain matter everywhere" Sophia yelled. 

"Yeah yeah. I'm just itching for a fight after being on a ship for so long" Celeste said grumpily. 

Without any fanfare, Celeste threw the dead body out the first story window of the inn, causing the body with the crushed head to land right in front of the inn as a warning. Seconds later, Celeste threw down all the other kidnappers as well. All in all, there were 12 dead bodies lying in a pile like a pile of garbage. 

Downstairs, the patrons of the tavern downstairs were in an uproar. They knew who these kidnappers were, as they were infamous in these parts for capturing and enslaving their victims.

But the patrons knew there was going to be trouble from the gang as their leader was a Level 6 Sage and his gang was over 300 strong members, so they quickly paid for their meal and drinks and fled the tavern. The lookout of the gang also fled to report to their leader.

Tyrannus' party of course, didn't care and went back to sleep. 

Early the next morning, Tyrannus and his girls got up and left their room, ready to go on their journey. 

As they exited the tavern and inn, they found themselves surrounded by a large group of hard looking men, all from the same kidnapping gang. 

All around town, all the shops and houses were closed, but one could see curious peeping toms peeping through their barred windows, watching the scene. 

"Are you the ones who killed members of my gang?"  a large muscular man asked.

"I don't know. We've killed alot of people. Who are your gang members" Tyrannus asked. 

The dead kidnappers were currently loaded on a wagon, to be buried in their base. 

The large man pointed at the dead bodies. 

"Them! Did you kill them?" the man asked. 

"I don't know. It was pretty dark. Sorry, I can't say for sure" Tyrannus answered. 

"You're fucking dead!" the man said as he swung his sword at Tyrannus. 

As he swung his sword, the muscular man found it strange that the sword completely missed Tyrannus, and that Tyrannus was already behind him, but stood still, not attacking back. 

As the muscular man tried to turn around and attack again, he suddenly found the whole world spinning. The most shocking thing was that he could see his own body from a third person's perspective and that his body had no head. 

Also, as his body was turning around to attack again, his arms fell off his body and his body, while twisting, started falling apart into pieces with blood suddenly spurting everywhere. 

The whole crowd looked in shock at the Level 6 Sage gang leader who was decapitated, then dismembered in half a second, not being able to see how Tyrannus even did it. 

As the seconds passed, the gangmembers got over their shock and started attacking. 

However, there was no clash of swords, no more yelling, not a single sound it was eerie. 

The barkeeper watched from inside his bar in fear, only to see Tyrannus and his girls walking further and further away towards the town gates heading to the Silent Forest. 

Confused, he ran out of his bar to see what was going on. 

He was shocked to see all 300+ gangmembers frozen in ice! 

He walked close to the closest gangmember and curiously touched what looked like an ice sculpture. 

Suddenly, the ice sculpture crumbled and broke into pieces with blood colored ice and snow staining the ground. 

This started a chain reaction as the over 300+ gangmembers crumbled into pieces as well. 

Gasps were heard from the many nearby shops and houses, and the bartender actually fell on his butt as he stumbled backwards. 

As he looked into the distance, Tyrannus and his companions could no longer be seen. 

5