Chapter 97 – The Hard Mission
1.2k 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A horde of orcs were rampaging through the forest. Sam blinked in and out, disappearing and appearing from their sight and delivering a fatal blow with every sword swipe.

This was one of his many "Moderate" missions. These level missions usually have hordes of beings that were stronger and physically superior than human level beings like orcs, hobgoblins, beastmen or even zombies.

Sam had removed his leather armor, wearing only his leather kilt and boots, looking like a barbarian covered in sweat.

Standing nearby were the naked Mindy McCready aka Hitgirl, Hermione Granger and Alex Russo. Of all his familiars, they seemed to be his best friends as they were close in age and seemed to get along the best.

They stood around without helping, rather chatting and keeping him company as he did his training, occasionally redirecting the orcs back towards Sam if they were attacked.

This was one of the rare times he summoned 3 at a time, as it drained his mana at 2 per minute. At this rate, he would be out of mana within 2 hours. But he wanted their company together for 30 minutes, as it felt comfortable. 

Over the many days, when Sam slept and Sharon took over, she preferred the company of Jennifer Check, Faith Lehane or Max Guevara, as they had the bad girl yet cheerleader vibe about them which Sharon felt she shared.

As the familiars stood around, Alex and Hermione tried c0njuring weapons and clothes to no avail. There were many familiars who would prefer to have their own specialized weaponry and clothes, but the best Alex and Hermione could conjure were basic clothes with basic designs. 

"No, no, no. That would be too modern and will not fit in this medieval era dimension" Hermione said

"Does that matter? Don't you want to be fashionable?" Alex asked, showing off the neon jacket and leopard skin tight leggings she conjured up.

"It should be more like this" Hermione showed, as she conjured a basic cloak that she had finally mastered without a wand. 

"Ugh. That's so ugly. Are we lepers or something?" Alex asked

"It's practical! You can easily put in on when Sam summons us, it fits the era of this fantasy dimension, and you won't be walking around naked all the time" Hermione said, putting it on. 

"I still think its ugly. What do you think Mindy?" Alex asked

Mindy turned around from watching Sam fight and shrugged. 

"I don't mind either way, as long as it doesn't hinder movement" Mindy answered. 

"So like you" Alex grunted.  

"Well, I like it" Hermione said after putting it on but pulling down the hood to reveal her face. 

"You look like a mage that fits this era" Sam said, plunging his sword into an orc on the ground. 

"See? I told you so" Hermione said. 

"What about these?" Alex asked as she wriggled into the tight fitting leopard skin leggings and put on the neon top.

"Hmm. It stands out too much" Sam said while frowning. 

"Fine" Alex rolled her eyes as she gestured and her clothes faded into thin air. 

*ROAR*

An extra large orc stormed out of the forest

"Oh uh. The final boss is here. Need any help?" Mindy asked

"No, I got this" Sam said as he charged at the large boss orc. 

--

Sam exited alone after defeating the boss and keeping his familiars back in the Nexus. 

While he was not inside missions, his mana slowly restored itself to full within 2 hours. 

As he exited, he noticed a group of people surrounding the area. 

"Look, he's back again. I heard he's never rested since arriving, and has been finishing all the missions in record time" somebody said

That wasn't exactly true. Samsara did take a break if his mana needed replenishing. He only entered a mission when his mana was full. 

"Hey Samsara! We were waiting for you. We're gonna attempt a hard mission and were hoping you would join us" Brad said

"Sure. I hope you guys don't mind that I stink of sweat and orc blood" Sam smiled

"Huah! No problem. Many of our guys barely bathe!" Sly laughed

Brad and his army group formed a team calling themselves the Roughnecks. They've been doing missions regularly too, though not as often as Sam. 

Furthermore, they are one of the 2 teams Sam sometimes joined to do missions, the other being the War Maidens. 

Brad took down the mission poster and walked with his group and Sam to the teleporter

--

"Fall back! Fall back!" Brad commanded as he ducked behind a tree. 

His body had 3 arrows sticking out, and he had watches as several team members Donnie, Will, Sly, Jackie and Tom had "died" and disappeared.

Fortunately, this was only a Training mission, so unlike the survival tutorial, they didn't actually die, but were teleported out whenever they received a fatal wound. However, they would lose all the gear they brought with them. 

For this reason, the Roughnecks have not been bringing in their firearms and modern weaponry, rather using their medieval swords and weapons bought from the Training Hall. 

Brad looked as Sam deflected several arrows shot at Jet, who was severely injured as well. 

The next thing Brad saw was Arnold's head being lopped off next to him as he ducked and a curved sword barely missed his neck!

By now he could finally see who they were fighting. They were dark elves, and they were far stronger and moved at superhuman speeds as they attacked. 

In the next second, his head was lopped off too. 

Sam blocked a sword strike aimed at his side as he twisted and barely avoided another stab. But instead, he received a kick from one of the dark elves attacking him, causing him to fly and crash into a tree. 

Before he could recover, he saw the dark elf plunge his sword into Jet, who he was guarding, effectively "killing" him. 

"Motherfucker" Sam said, realizing he was the last one left. 

Since he was now alone, he immediately used his [Heal] to heal himself while blinking in and out of the Nexus to attack the dark elves. 

He appeared between one dark elf, impaling him with his sword while pointing his finger at another elf. 

"Bang, motherfucker" Sam smiled, firing at the surprised Dark Elf's face a [Magic Missile], blasting his head out. 

As he fought at speeds faster than the eye can see against the dark elves, Sam moved so fast his body created after images.

But the strange thing was, some times the after images moved on their own, separating from him at the groin area and fighting the dark elves 

As they slowed down occasionally, they were revealed as the naked Mindy, Tauriel, Alice, Selene and Natasha, all wielding a sword they took out from the storage ring when they separated from him.

Sam remembered that they faced similar dark elves before in his previous isekai adventure, and these were the familiars who faced them.

So he wanted to test the difficulty level between them as previously, he didn't personally fight but relied on his familiars.

"No, these guys are much easier" Mindy said as she plunged her sword through the heart of a dark elf

"Those other ones were a challenge even one on one. These ones, not so much" Alice said, twisting the neck of a dark elf with her bare hands

As they finished off the rest, Sam confirmed his suspicion that this Training Hall only had low level missions suitable for beginners.

But he was in no hurry to exit the Training Hall. What was the rush anyway? Not as if he aimed to go back to Earth.

And he's been in the position of a Creator before. He was in no hurry to get there.

At least here, the missions are for training were safe. and for the remaining few weeks here, he had free lodging and food. 

"I think I'll solo a few more of these Hard and move up to the Very Hard Missions. Hopefully I have enough time to try those Impossible Missions before I leave the Training Hall" Sam thought to himself as he plunged his sword into the chest of the dark elf leader

15