Chapter 14 – Mission Accomplished ?
7.1k 3 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once Sam decided that his main focus was not to be a fighter himself, but a support type mage where his main fighting force was his summons, his mindset changed. 

Not only was he now no longer going to act like what was expected of him, ie being the typical protagonist struggling to grow and get more powerful, instead he would cheat where he can, and use every advantage he could, which he contributed to glitches between the rules of this reality and the understanding of abilities the Nexus bestowed on him.

They stealthily walked down the secret corridor and arrived at the long stone bridge that led to the main platform in the middle.

They could clearly see mages standing around on a large rune formation, chanting and had slaves throwing human heads into what looked like a slowly growing portal.

There were other mages standing around, as apparently they took turns on the rune. There were also a large group of demonic looking death knights as well as wraiths all over the platform, apparently summoned to protect the mages.

Sam nodded at Tauriel as they moved in accordance to their pre-planned course of action. 

Sam brought everyone into the Nexus and ran onto the bridge, leaving Tauriel alone as she started firing multiple arrows into the air, which started hitting mages on the platform. 5 Mages died before the mages took action.

Death knights and the wraiths rushed across the stone bridge unknowing passing through Sam and the girls's bodies in the Nexus.

Tauriel continued shooting arrows at the mages, ignoring the death knights and wraiths, but the mages were now casting shields to protect themselves and the mages in the formation.

Sam's party arrived on the platform and in a surprise attack, Mindy, Selene, Alice and Hermione blinked in and out of the Nexus, assassinating mages whenever they exited the Nexus, then disappearing into the Nexus when they were done. The mages never stood a chance, as Mindy, Selene and Alice were ruthless killers, appearing just to chop of a mage's head, then disappearing within seconds, before the mages head even hit the floor.

They targeted the mages in the formation first, causing the portal to flicker dangerously. Hermione targeted mages that rushed to replace the killed mages in the formation. They tried to free the slaves but found that their eyes were white and blank, and that they were only mindless puppets used by the mages and were no longer living human beings. 

Just then, the wraiths and death knights had just reached Tauriel who dashed up the secret passage, baiting them along. Just as she turned the corner, Sam brought her into the Nexus and she ran directly through the death knights and wraiths and over the bridge, letting them run out of sight in to the secret passage and out of the way. 

Seconds later, Tauriel joined in killing mages, blinking in and out of the Nexus like the others. 

The only word to describe the vicious assassination by Sam and his familiars was a massacre. Although there were a few death knights left on the platform to protect the mages while the others chased after Tauriel, but they could not predict where any of Sam's familiars would appear and were literally aimlessly running around chasing shadows. 

Within minutes, all the mages were dead and their summoned death knights and wraiths started dissipating as their individual mage summoners were killed.

Sam exited the Nexus and looked around the platform.

"What do we do about that?" Mindy asked, pointing at the portal

"It's shrinking at a steady rate. Without knowing the purpose and the specifics of creating the portal, it's safer to just let it close by itself, which looks like it will be in a few minutes" Hermione said, looking at runes around the portals.

Sam nodded "Just keep and eye on it. Hopefully nothing happens, but I would guard against anything coming through" he said.

Selene and Alice stood guard just outside the formation on the ground with their guns cocked and ready. 

"Hey look at this" Mindy said, pointing at a map she found. 

Sam and Hermione looked at the map, and Sam slapped his own head shaking it. 

"No wonder it took so long to get to Willow. I went the wrong direction!" he said sheepishly. 

"Oh well, I appeared in the middle of nowhere with instructions to follow the road, but not knowing which way, not my fault" he continued. 

[Mission Accomplished: Eliminate Demonhead Gang. Reward - 1 Karma Point]

"Oh!" Sam said in astonishment. "We finished the mission" he announced. 

"What is the reward?" asked Hermione

"Uh.... One Karma Point" he answered. 

"Nexus, explain what a karma point is" he commanded

[Karma Points allow the user to have one wish that can grant user a special ability or weapon, or even change the system]

"Give me a list of abilities that I can use with Karma Points" Sam asked

[Karma Point Abilities do not have specific lists. It allows you to request abilities that may not be in the current list of abilities, even those that do not exist on the world, subject to the limits the Nexus is able to give]

"Umm.... how about telepathy?" Sam asked

[Telepathy is an ability available in the D&D magic system, so it may be a waste if you are aiming to be a mage anyway. Furthermore, there are telepaths in this world with this ability. However, if you request for a mind link with all your familiars, that could be a useful ability]

"Please explain" he asked

[With a mind link, you will be able to communicate with all your familiars at once or one at a time, at any time within or without the Nexus.  Furthermore, with a mind link, you can see, smell, hear, taste and feel everything any or all of your familiars experience at the same time or individually]

"Maybe I'll save using the Karma Point for later" he said

"Now what? To Willow?" Mindy asked

"Well, we have no hurry. I feel like we still need more in our party" he said

"We are not enough for you?" Mindy pouted. 

"No, since my main combat abilities are simply to summon you girls, then the more I summon, the more powerful I am here" he answered. 

"You just want to fuck more lovers, don't you?" Hermione said with a sly smirk.

"Well, I will admit that all of you are gorgeous. Why not more?" he laughed as he disappeared into the Nexus

"Bastard!" Mindy said as she tried to stop him.

Sam noticed that the girls could enter and exit the Nexus when he commanded it. Furthermore, they could individually exit the Nexus only when he is also inside the Nexus with them. But he suspected that if he was in the Nexus and they were outside, or if he was outside and he was inside the Nexus, they could not follow him without his assent. 

And as they looked around trying to enter the Nexus, he found that he was right. 

"Nexus! Summon another warrior!" he said and he lay to the floor of the Nexus. His body immediately stiffened up as every muscle in his body tensed to it's maximum limit. As he was naked the whole time in this adventure, his erect cock was always available for summoning. 

Suddenly, he noticed the girls started to react to something and at the edge of his eyesight, he saw a large demonic arm reaching through the portal hand grabbing Selene within it's grip as she opened fire on the arm.

He watched in horror as the hand squeezed tightly and Selene screamed as blood was squeezed out of her mouth, nose and her lower two orifices.

"Fuck no..... no..." he thought in his head as he helplessly watched the girls attack in what seemed like slow motion in his eyes.

 

65