Begin~2!
5.1k 11 133
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So how did it go?" Chihiro asked Mio as both girls walked toward the end of the class, or to be specific toward two boys.

It was a leisure period given to students after the exams as the results would be announced the same day, so the class was busily chatting with their respective groups.

"Ah..it was tough. But I answered more than half".  Mio answered as they both arrived in between Yuuta and Shio. Yuuta and Shio also had their eyes fixed on their respective love interests.

" What about you Chihiro?" Shio asked as he tilted his head toward her cutely. Chihiro's cheeks went red upon seeing him like this, but she held her composure and answered.

"I-it was good. I answered 17 of them". Students didn't need to answer all questions as there were negative markings too. 

Yuuta arranged his bag and after that, he suddenly stood up beside Mio making her as well Chihiro startled. Yuuta was half-head taller than her so she somewhat got shadowed under him. 

She meekly looked up to him before asking " Wh-what?" 

Yuuta didn't say anything but just gestured toward his seat. She didn't expect this, especially from Yuuta. It was so simple yet so elegant gesture that made Mio skip a beat.

She looked at him for a brief moment and saw his warm smile before stealing her glances away and making her way to Yuuta's seat.

Of course, this exchange didn't go unnoticed by the duo beside them, however, the notable thing was, almost every student had their focus on them, and the awws naturally came out of their mouth.

Mio's cheeks went fiery red which Yuuta couldn't help but want to fondle on. But he held back his urge and stood beside Chihiro.

"Wow Yuuta kun. I never knew you were so courteous. I am impressed". Chihiro complimented him genuinely and sighed in dissatisfaction due to certain reasons.

" This is something my oji-, I mean my father always has taught me that is to be respectful toward women". Yuuta leaned on the wall beside Chihiro as he answered.

Yuuta glared at Shio to do the same, but the dolt just stared at Yuuta in admiration and new light.

"Umm...Yamato kun." Suddenly a weak voice pulled their attention toward it.

A classmate, with a petite body and glossy blue hairs, stood there with her cheeks dyed red. Her stature was somewhat on the cuter side with her round face and big blue eyes, complimenting her whole demeanor.

"Ah yes, Kurumi san. What's the matter?" Shio stood up from his seat as he asked the fidgety Kurumi.

Chihiro narrowed her eyes at the girl but soon shrugged it off and waited for the girl to speak.

"C-c-can you meet me on the rooftop after school?" And boom. Chihiro's mind went blank and the previous flustered Mio had a surprised look. Yuuta was frowning for some reason but didnt interrupt and let them continue.

"Is there something you want me to do there?" As dense as ever, Shio asked with a warm smile as the three others' facepalmed themselves.

"I-I--I can't right now...." And she dashed back to her seat leaving the scene behind dumbfounded. 

Mio and Chihiro looked at each other in understanding which didnt go unnoticed by Yuuta.

However, his concern was directed toward something else...

'The plot has twisted drastically. Is it because of my presence?'

____________....__________

"Okay class the results have been concluded. I am impressed that most of you answered more than half, but the negative marking does take a toll on your overall score. Anyway, the students who have scored in the top 4 will be announced now, so just come out as your names are called." The anticipation and anxiety started building inside everyone.

There were very few who weren't fired up for the tournament as others, including Yuuta. But still, a chance to shine and make their name was desired by all.

Yuuta just leaned back on his chair with his eyes focused on Mio. She was fidgeting and shaking her legs continuously in nervousness.

'She really worries a lot.'

"Okay then. Kurumi Sayaka. 4th rank please come here". It was expected from the student council members Kurumi to score high as she always excels in exams and was known for her nerdy traits.

She walked scaredly toward the podium and stood beside the teacher.

" Chihiro Niharia.3rd in the class. Please come forward". Chihiro smiled brightly as she stood and walked toward the podium after giving a cheerful glance toward Shio as well Mio, which he returned in the same manner.

Mio also smiled at her best friend but her clasped hands said something else. She was now more anxious and was praying for her name to be called but...

"Shio Yamato. Ranked 2nd in the class. Impressive as ever huh. Please come forward". Her world shattered but she didnt let it be obvious from her face. She smiled at her two friends who were now standing side by side on the podium.

She knew she couldn't be in the top position so she just hoped the best for her friends

But again, it was quite interesting to know who excelled to the top position in the class which brought the whole attention toward their sensei again.

" First of all congratulation to all you three. And those you weren't able to pass through the exam must cheer for your classmate and school okay?" A 'Hai' followed her words from the students.

"And now the top student. So it was a bit unbelievable to know that someone answered every question correctly and for that, we have to retake the test of that student. Anyway, the one who scored the highest in the class is Yuuta Kiriya. Yuuta kun please come forward". The class went dead silent upon hearing the news.

Only the screeching sound of the chair resounded as the called boy stood from his seat and slowly walked toward the front of the class.

As he stood tall and handsome in front of them all, the daze came to an end.

" Eh? Sensei how is this possible?"

"Yes. Kiriya barely passed in the last test we all know. And now in the is the top scorer".

" He must have cheated sensei". It wa natural for all of them to doubt Yuuta but he couldn't care less.

"Ara~ doubting on your sensei's monitoring skills huh?" Her cold voice sent a shiver to everyone as the commotion died down in an instant.

"Well, I don't blame you for not trusting Yuuta kun. But we are sure that he didnt cheat. But for surety, the faculty and the principal have decided to take a re-exam of Yuuta kun. So it's fine now right?" No one answered just nodded hesitantly.

"Okay now. Again congrats to all of you. Please do well in the future too and make our school proud".

__________....________

After school, a re-test of Yuuta was held in which he again left everyone dumbfounded. After checking the results several times, the faculty left him to go home for the day.

As he entered the class he saw Mio packing her bag to leave the class.

As their eyes met, she instantly stole them away and started to storm out of the class in an instant.

As she was about to get past him, a hand held her wrist abruptly but gently to not hurt her.

"Eh? Kiriya? What happened?" She looked toward him in a  fluster and saw his serious face.

After a momentary pause, Yuuta finally spoke in a serene tone...

"Let's go on a date".

_____________________________

A/N: Here comes the rival. Anyway, drop a comment if you are liking the story~

133