Rely on me!
5k 12 132
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Why am I being dragged here?" Mio asked with her brows twitching as she saw the scene in front of her.

"I don't know why but this place came at the top when I searched for the best date location". 

"Wait how can I be on a date with you? We are not even a couple(yet)". Mio retorted rather loud this time, grabbing the stares of some passerby.  She looked down immediately in shame and hid behind Yuuta.

"That's for you but in my mind, we already are married and having a couple of twins". Yuuta said in a positive and confident tone that the mission was planned and just needed to be executed. 

"Ba-baka!!" Mio stomped her feet with a dyed crimson face and left the scene. Yuuta also followed her lead leaving the illuminated motel building behind.

_____..._____

After walking in silence one with a grinning ear to ear and the other with a blush-filled face, they both arrived near a peculiar kind of cafe.

"Haaaa". Mio's eyes shined as she immediately forgot about the previous exchange. She intently looked toward the cafe with her hand unconsciously pinching Yuuta's sleeve and pulling it cutely.

" Let's go." It wasn't hard to tell what she wanted so Yuuta took the initiative and invited her.

Mio was all smiles as she followed Yuuta with her hand still clutching his cloth.

*Tring* A bell chimed as they entered. The sudden change in atmosphere was very lovely to see. It was the first time Yuuta entered this kind of cafè and the third to ever enter a cafè until now.

Yuuta and Mio were greeted by a young woman wearing a maid uniform with a smile on her face.

"Welcome to Cat n Cafè. Please follow me for a table of two". Announcing the rather direct and simple name the maid gave a small bow.

The girl took an extra second to check Yuuta however she didn't let her stare become obvious. Mio was over the moon as she saw the cute little things all over the place in the cafe so without hesitation she nodded toward the waitress and followed her. She didn't realize but in a way, she was pulling Yuuta as she walked forward.

Yuuta felt this gesture was truly adorable and let her do whatever she wanted.

There were people inside the cafe but not to the point where it could be called crowded. However, the majority of the populace consisted of females and couples.

Yuuta and Mio sat on a small round table side by side, as the maid started to speak again.

" What would like to order?" She asked with a sweet smile as she took out her notepad.

"Um, when can we get those?" Mio gestured toward the cats as she didn't want to eat but to play with them instead.

"As soon you order something. I am sorry ma'am this is our cafè policy. I hope you understand". Mio broke her gaze and looked toward the waitress but before she could say something, a voice came from her beside.

" Two banana smoothies, one with whipped cream and extra topping and the other one plain. Something salty with it from your preference and I guess there must be cat food in the store which we can feed them right. Please take an order for that too. " Yuuta said flawlessly like he had memorized it beforehand.

"Ye-yes right away sir". Flustered, she noted down everything anf after bowing again left the scene.

" Waah! Do you come here often?" Yuuta saw Mio's astonished face which was too cute for him to handle. But before he could do which may become regretful, he held himself back.

Averting his gaze he answered," It's the first time I came here". From his memory of the previous Yuuta, it indeed was the first time physically too.

"Huh..then how do you know that they serve banana smoothies and cat food is also available here?" The second question was stupid for her to ask but she was so excited right now that she didn't mind asking.

"Simple. It was written at the entrance that we can't feed the animals outside food and for the smoothie then I checked the menu and since I knew your preference I ordered it without asking." Mio looked toward the menu and it was placed at the corner of the table, far apart for her to see even the restaurant name properly.

But she skipped something which hit her after a minute...

"Wait a second. How do you know that I prefer bananas? I never told you. Wait don't tell.....you aren't a stalker right?" Mio asked while glaring however she wasn't angry at all nor did she looks disgusted.

"I gathered information. " Without breaking a sweat Yuuta answered flawlessly as he leaned back on the seat.

'Mm...maybe he asked from Shio. I guess that nugget needs a good beating '. Mio clenched her fist however her heart melted immediately soon after.

"Waaah!" Two waitresses brought a dozen of different colors of cats.

They carefully put them down on the seat beside Yuuta and Mio which Mio didn't wait and started petting them one after another.

All the cats were well-maintained and trained with their nails finely trimmed and filed, so they won't scratch anything. Every cat was receiving the caress happily without hissing or showing unpleasantness.

Yuuta wasn't good with cats so he separated himself slightly from Mio and secretly took a lot of her pictures. She was so indulged in her world that she didn't see him taking pictures.

After about fifteen minutes, the food arrived. Mio immediately took the cat food and started feeding them with her hand. Yuuta was a little unsettled by her being so carefree, but seeing her so innocently happy, he couldn't bring himself to say anything. 

"Here Mio". He held the smoothie in hand and brought it near her mouth. She was so preoccupied that she didnt mind at all being fed and started naturally gulping the banana smoothie.

Sighing, Yuuta started gawking at her and feeding her the smoothie from time to time. Time flew like air, as they both spent their evening having fun. One while playing with cute paws and the other one looking at his personal neko-chan.

At the time they got out, it was already dark. The city was even busier with a lot of people walking around and having fun. The office workers too could be seen hanging around the ramen shops and convenience stores.

For some reason after coming outside, Mio never spoke a single word. She was unusually silent all the way to the station. 

Yuuta knew the reason for her current mood and lastly, he ended up asking.

" By any chance are you embarrassed?"

"Wha- don't ask when you already know BAKA!!" Her tone ended a little louder again attracting the passers-by. Hiding herself under Yuuta's shadow, she glared at him with a little drop of tears in the corner of her eyes.

Yuuta showed a little smile which he barely have shown anyone before. He raised his hand and after wiping the moisture from her face he started gently rubbing her hair.

"Uu..now you are treating me like a child." She was complaining but never rejected his touches. Those who saw them only praised the pair of lovebirds.

"Are you fine now?" Yuuta asked as he let go of her. The disappointment she felt was somewhat visible on her face but she didn't ask for any further intimacy.

"So it was all about the test huh? I wasnt down because of it tho. I am happy for my friends, and-"

"Mio". Yuuta interrupted her with his eyes narrowed in the complaint. Mio stole her eyes away as she knew it seemed futile for her to lie in front of him. But she was hesitating to confess everything in front of him.  There was no denying that Yuuta had made a strong presence in her life, but still, she didn't want him to see her fragile side.

" I know you are not comfortable talking about it but I know somehow how you feel. And believe me, it's natural to feel that way. I know you will get over it real soon, but if you want to talk about it, or maybe vent on someone, just remember I am always here for you". Her gaze was lingering on the ground, as she purposely didn't want him to see her now. Without words, she smiled and nodded before walking away from him.

Yuuta stared in the direction she left before he started walking back to his own house.

...

Late night, when Yuuta came from the dining table he received a message which formed a smile on his face naturally.

Mio: [ Thank you for today Yuuta kun. I didn't realize it before but your company was really helpful. I am indeed ashamed to admit the envy I felt from my own childhood friends but it was my foolishness. This is something they deserve and I am still not worthy of. Sorry for being so naggy, but you asked me to vent on you so don't complain okay? Anyway, thanks again for being with me today, I will repay this favor]

Yuuta read it once again before replying in a simple sentence.

Me: [ Dont stress about it and I hope you will rely on me more in the future Mio. As I said before, I am always here for you.]

________________________

A/N: Sorry for the late update. My google notes just backstabbed me. Anyway, I will try to drop a chapter on alternate days.

One thing, I will like to ask, is whether it will be better to be a single romantic interest for Mc or is it okay to have him one more?

Drop a comment if you are liking the story~

132