Harem?
4.3k 12 112
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As it happened countless times an in the game, it happened again. Shio along with his companions won the next two rounds while portraying his good traits and stealing the hearts of various fans all over again. 

Yuuta had played with different characters, involving every heroine with Shio in the competition including Mio, and every time the protagonist gets the first place. Like the game, the real competition games weren't hard but for this world knowing it was more than enough to test one's mental and physical capabilities.

Shio did perform well in the other two rounds and probably made his name throughout the school as Yuuta wanted and predicted. Even now, he was barely getting a chance to take a breather as a group of girls regardless of year, were flocking around him.  Chihiro and Kurumi were busy too in reciprocating the admiration of their fans but not as Shio. He was just hidden in between all of them.

"It sure will become hectic for him." Mio who was sitting in the stands of the gym where the others were, said in an absent tone.

"Are you jealous?" Yuuta asked while continuously gawking at her expression which hadn't changed much since the team won. Yuuta was a little frustrated thinking that her feeling not might have changed much toward Shio. And counting what happened today, her growing interest in Shio would not be much surprising.

Yuuta waited for her to speak when suddenly she turned her head toward him and kept her head on her folded knees as she asked with a mischievous smile.

"Would you be jealous if I say yes?" Without hesitating for a single second Yuuta affirmed.

"Yes. And very much." The die-hard soldier could hide his emotion in front of any being on this planet but not this girl. He just loves her too much.

"Woah! You don't have to be so direct about it." The expectation of teasing Yuuta got crushed instantly as she got such a direct answer. Moreover, she was feeling her own face getting heated for some definite reason.

They both didn't speak for quite some time, just gawking straight at the crowd. The sun was going down slowly with the temperature lowering than daytime. It was a pleasant atmosphere around these two. Separate from everyone. Silent even in the bustle around. 

"No, I am not." Yuuta heard her and was surprised. It wasnt a doubt about what she gave her answer about so he asked not so long after.

"Are you being considerate of me?" Yuuta asked with his brows raised. He was very well aware of Mio's nature. Her caring and sacrificing type of personality was the reason she never ended up as the leading female in the game. 

Mio looked at him without change of expression before a sigh escape her lips.

"Do you think I would be considerate of you too? I don't know what changed in you so suddenly but since the day you said those things in the classroom my perception of you changed. And for some reason, I can not put up my usual act in front of you." Yuuta was taken back by her sudden confession. He didn't expect that Mio would speak her mind so casually. 

"What.....is it my imagination or you are seriously blushing right now." Yuuta inhaled and got up before turning his back toward Mio.

"I will bring some refreshers for you." He started walking robotically toward the gym entrance while keeping his back straight.

Mio who found the scene very cute and amusing was all giggles. She was covering her mouth with her sleeve while suppressing her laugh as she saw Yuuta's disappearing figure.

_____________....____________

"That shout of yours was epic Shio kun. You looked so cool at that moment."

"Haa! That jump near the rope end was more awesome....and-"

"Anno...sorry for the rudeness but can I excuse for now. You see I am really tired at the moment." The shy phasing of Shio made everyone in the group flustered as they gave him the space. He instantly walked away, not even glancing back.

After getting out of the indoor gym he moved toward the school building. Reaching the first floor he walked toward the vending machine and bought a bottle of cola. Cracking the seal he started pouring down the liquid at a fast pace as his throat was really dry after talking for so long.

"Are you done getting sucked up".

*BFFFF*

Shio blurted out all the content from his mouth as he heard a voice from the side of the vending machine.

" Yu-*cough*-Yuuta kun? When did you come?" While wiping his mouth Shio asked in a ragged tone. 

"I was here since the start. " Yuuta was standing with his back leaning on the wall and a pair of hot coffee in his hand.

"Oh...ah yeah. Thank you very much for helping us out back then. I really wanted to tell everyone about your help but since you have asked not to, I stayed silent." Determination was oozing out with his words as he said with a thump.

"Hmm good. Popularity isn't something I want, so enjoy yourself." Yuuta said as he stood straight and was about to walk away when Shio's voice made his steps halt.

"But I don't like it..." Yuuta paused and raised his brows before he turned toward him.

"Hmm? Weren't you lonely all those times? So isn't it okay to gain some attention for time being. I bet you would be forgotten leaf before Christmas." Even Yuuta said it he knew Shio couldn't get back in the shadows again. From here on, the platform would be arranged for him to stand out in the crowd and win various hearts along the way.

"But it's so troubling. Girls just don't stop even though I give them so many signs that I don't want to be there. Yuuta kun can, you share with me your experience a little." Yuuta narrowed his gaze which made Shio realize that he was talking very leniently since long.

"I don't have such experience. And for the first part...isn't it okay to have girls around you.  I mean who (except for him ofc) doesnt like girls fawning over you and as I remember you already have three girls fallen for you completely. You can just make all of them happy." The generic theme of harem which the game naturally supported. Yuuta was just paving the path for Shio to achieve so he doesn't focus on Mio even in his imagination.

"Wh-what are you talking about. I can't do something like that when I have Chihiro in my heart."

"But didn't you receive a confession from Kurumi recently?" Yuuta became a little confused about Shio's behavior so he decided to pry down a little.

"I-I didn't go that time and apologized to her afterward." Yuuta was speechless for a second. He didn't know whether he was hallucinating or his memory was betraying him.

"It seems you surely are in Chihiro." 

"Yes, Yuuta kun. Even I can't show it as you do with Mio, but I love her more than anyone. I dont want to hurt someone's feelings that doesn't mean I would accept all of them like it's natural. It will make Chihiro sad and if I can do something like date multiple girls, so doesn't it implies on them too. And I can't let Chihiro with anyone else." Yuuta felt the general theory of harem collapsing in front of this protagonist as he sighed with a complicated mind.

"Well,  before coming here I saw her exchanging numbers with a senpai. So if you want to-" Before Yuuta could complete his sentence Shio already flared away at a furious pace.

Chuckling he drank one of the coffee which got cold now and bought a new one for Mio.

'Well, whatever happens now won't matter to me. I just need to focus on my girl.'

_____________________

A/N: That's it. A man should keep his priorities straight.

Anyway, it seems Shio harem would collapse even before forming. But it doesn't mean it won't create drama in future chapters.

If you are looking forward to the next chapter then let me know~

112