Kiss me?!
4.2k 26 103
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What do you think Kurumi-chan? Is Shio-kun will accept your love?" It was my best friend Rin who asked me suddenly as we sat on the train. I was taken aback by being asked something like this. And especially by a person whome I see as a love rival.

Despite being friends since childhood I know Rin was my rival when it came to Shio-kun, she just doesn't accept her feelings for him.

"W-what I can say? I am getting closer to him and for now, that's enough for me. The bond between Niharia-san and Shio-kun is something that I would never be able to overcome but being a person whome Shio-kun relies on would be me in the future." I wasnt self-boasting and I never would have said something in front of anyone, other than Rin.

I loved Shio-kun since the orientation of High school for countless reasons, and even though Niharia-san was far greater than me in numerous aspects, I couldn't give up on my first love at all.

"That's something I never expected from my Kurumi. You always neglected your choices if someone liked the same thing as you. You never kept yourself first, so seeing you being selfish about Shio-kun....makes me happy." I turned my head toward my closest friend who had nothing but sincere happiness in her eyes. 

I was a little startled not sure how to respond but in the end, I thought it would be better to leave the topic at it. As some of the things are better left unspoken.

____________....___________

It was Monday, the commencement of the week. The students were getting prepared to witness something which never happened before. 

The captain selection.

Up until now, one of the three from the selected trio gets the position of captain based on the leading capability and potential of the candidate. 

But this year, the school decided to hand over the role of that leading figure to the person who could be anything inside the team and without participating, can actively lead the group toward victory.

The substitute.

10 participants in total would be facing off on different grounds and under different circumstances so their actual worth could be evaluated. Not only physical capability but mental fortitude would also be tested along the way. How one handles themselves under different situations and gets over them would be the main agenda for the faculties to determine.

Students from all three years were preparing for the stage of the competition since morning with teachers helping them out. The supporters from each year and each section have prepared banners to support their favorite participants. 

However, only one specific section or to be precise a single participant wasnt served with any support from the crowd at all.

Even the classmate of Yuuta was supporting someone else from a different section.

"Who will support that pervert. I just hope he trips and breaks his ankle or something."

.

"Haha! That would be hilarious. I would snapshot to laugh in the future too." This kind of conversation wasnt uncommon in the morning as there were countable groups who were laughing at Yuuta being even daring to participate in the leader's race. 

Shio was pouting ever since he heard their conversation and wanted to rebuke them but Chihiro held him back saying it was worthless.

"How can they talk about Yuuta-kun like this? They don't have the right to make fun of someone behind their back." Shio was thoroughly pissed after he heard how people could be so toxic and still could laugh proudly at it.

"Oh, my innocent Shio. People are always like that...you just weren't aware of it until today. Anyway, is that a poster you brought to support Yuuta-kun?" Chihiro pointed toward the folded scroll in Shio's hand which he was holding dearly since the morning. 

"Yes, it is." Shio smiled brightly attracting the gaze of numerous around him. 

"Isn't it over the top Shio-kun? To think you would go so far..." Rin suddenly jumped into the conversation with a grey band around her head signifying how she was also supporting Yuuta. Chihiro smiled at Rin in appreciation on which the latter just humphed with a blush.

"Is it? Chihiro, do you also think it's extravagant?" Chihiro turned stiff upon being questioned. She hurried to hide the thing she had, behind her back before shaking her head in denial.

"Umm. No, it's okay to be more open about your choice. And I think Yuuta-kun would be motivated by our sincerity". She didnt know what she was saying anymore as her whole attention was on the poster she has made after being awake for the whole night.

She wasnt sure it would be good to be direct with her motive or not, that's why she decided to hide it for now.

'I am seriously messed up....' 

_______________....______________

Amidst all this chaos and cheering there was a couple who were isolated from the whole crowd in their own world. The main school building was majorly empty as most of the students were either in the indoor gym or playground. 

Two people were sitting in a very intimate way on the stairs which led to the rooftop. Since the rooftop was always kept close and taking the factor of today's event into the account, it was highly likely for anyone to spot this couple.

" Aren't you tensed about the competition," Mio asked while playing with Yuuta's finger as they sat with their body in close contact. Yuuta was leaning over the wall on the topmost stair with Mio in between his legs, leaning over his chest comfortably.

She was embarrassed to be so close to him but eventually, it faded as she remembered a certain talk with her best friend.

"No." Answering shortly, he hugged Mio's frame as he leaned his head over her shoulder and took a long whiff of her soothing fragrance. It always calmed him.

"Mm. You are forceful." Mio complained but didnt reject his advances as she also felt safe within his embrace and his warmth helped her anxious mind to relax. 

"Yuu." Suddenly amid lovely silence, Mio called for Yuuta, which made the latter a little confused as Mio's tone seemed off for some reason.

Nevertheless, he hummed in response.

Mio gulped hard and opened her mouth several times to speak but only succeeded after her eighth attempt.

"Let's kiss." Her ears were flushed with her eyes closed as she utter those words. It was incredibly tough for her to say something so shameful, however little she expected that she would be rejected so plainly.

"No." 

"Huh." Mio turned her head in an instant with disbelief arousing inside of her. She knew Yuuta wanted her so this kind of situation never arose in her imaginative mind resulting in her confused state.

"W-why? You are not much attracted to me now?" Tears started building around her oceanic eyes as Yuuta sighed with a smile before he gently wiped her tears.

"Why are you anxious today? Did something happen?" Mio wasnt sure how to respond as what Yuuta asked was true but she didn't want to accept it. In the end, she wept silently in his embrace.

"Whatever happened please tell me. And for your previous question. There isn't in a seven hell of a chance for me to get fed up with you. It's just I know if I kiss you right now it would be under influence of something I am unaware of. And I don't want our first kiss to happen because of someone else. So tell me what is it?" For Yuuta, everything related to Mio should be special.

Even if it was only hand holding or embracing each other, he wanted to make a memory of it so he never forgets the sensation of being close to his favorite person.

Upon hearing Yuuta, Mio calmed down a bit as she drowned her head in shame. As Yuuta said she was moving not on her own and was influenced by the words she exchanged with her friend.

Regaining her composure she began to speak. 

"Mmm. Nothing, just remember Yuuta Kiriya-kun. If you ever give up on me I won't forgive you. You have made a mess of my heart so you better take responsibility." She pulled his collar as she whispered arrogantly.

"Hai...hai. I am all about my Mio. Don't worry I will never give up on you even if you want to." With a smile, Mio nodded in satisfaction before she did something which she would probably get dead embarrassed in the future.

*chu*

She kissed his cheek which made Yuuta dead freeze at his place as his eyes went wide in shock. Mio hurriedly got up and was about to dash away when she turned to say something which surely wouldn't let Yuuta sleep tonight...

"I will be cheering for you so make your girl proud~".

____________....____________

[This is the final announcement for Flight XX20B to Tokyo. Those who haven't boarded please move to the terminal...]

" What do you think darling. Will Yuu become rebellious again after meeting Sayu-chan?" A silver-haired woman who by outer appearance looked in her late twenties whispered to her husband.

"I don't think so. Yuuta has changed recently and I have heard from maids that he recently has become even more polite toward them. " The handsome man reassured his wife as he held her hand fondly.

They were the Kiriya couple who were sitting in the airport lounge while chatting about a concerning matter.

"But I also heard that he brought some friend recently in which he was incredibly close to one the girl...ah I guess Chihiro-san it was." Mirai heard everything from the head maid about what happened between Yuuta and Chihiro when they were alone. She was very much elated as she found her son having a normal relationship with a girl but when the realization hit her she become thoroughly worried. 

"I hope he understands the situation. I know we never told him about this arrangement but we can't just tear this either." Her husband sighed as he remembered the promise he made to his friend a long time ago and now he was slightly regretting it.

"Okaa-sama. Otou-sama." Suddenly the couple got startled upon hearing a feminine voice as they hurriedly turned their head toward the source .

"Uh...Sayuri-chan. You arrived." Mirai got up with a smile as she hugged the girl who appeared with two huge trolleys by her side. 

"Thank you for waiting for me." The man also followed her wife and got up before the girl bowed elegantly, earning a plus point from the father. 

"Don't be so formal Sayuri. Of course, we will wait for our daughter-in-law." Mirai glared briefly at her husband as she didnt expect him to be so forward about the matter so soon.

Upon his remark, a heart-melting smile formed on the girl's face which attracted a numerous amount of people staring at her but she didn't care about them at all and replied with a pleasant smile.

"Hai. Please take care of me from now on~"

______________...._____________

A/N: What's this smell?

Is it of love?..

Is it anxiety?

Is it of desire...?

Ah...yeah, now I get it.

It's the smell of drama...muahahaha!!!

103