Fiancè meets crush!
3.8k 14 98
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So you both have to pretend to be engaged for the next 6 months so her dad could start his new family huh?" 

It was early evening with the sun halfway descended in the sky and birds leaving for their nest. In a fairly populated cafè sat three people with varying expressions on their faces. 

Since Mio lived stations away, both Yuuta and Sayuri drove their way here. Yuuta preferred to travel by train but the 'Oh so delicate princess', doesn't like crowded places. 

It took them half an hour to come here before they landed a heavy blow on Mio. Since meeting Sayuri, Mio was a little troubled inside her heart for some definite reasons.

And it was to be expected. Sayuri was an angel in her eyes with a level of perfection Mio couldn't even compare herself with. And seeing her beside Yuuta she somewhat felt uncomfortable and she was aware of what this feeling was.

And when she came to know what their current relationship was, she became blank for several seconds before Sayuri hurriedly explained everything to her. Only after that did Mio regain her composure to some extent.

All this time, Yuuta never spoke a single word. He was just observing Mio's expression and he was contented with how she reacted at the start. Of course, he wouldn't say that he felt elated seeing Mio in such a miserable condition.

"Yes, Mio-san. I know it's selfish of me but I request your cooperation." It was fascinating how the all-time prideful Sayuri, was pleading earnestly with her drooping eyes oozing with innocence.

The passersby halted their movements as they got captivated by such a sight. Some of them even started tearing up after they saw such a precious girl in such a helpless state.

Mio naturally found it embarrassing to be a center of attraction but she didnt let her embarrassment take over her sense of reasoning.

She didnt take time to ponder before she responded to Sayuri's plea.

"If Yuuta-kun doesn't have a problem with it, then I don't have the right to s-" Before Mio could have completed her sentence, a huge hand took hers before a domineering voice leaked from the left of Mio.

"You have all the right to decide in my stead. So without holding back say what you want." Sayuri's eyes were a little widened in surprise as she saw her usual compose finacè acting such possessively for a girl she didn't find much attractive.

From Sayuri's perspective, Mio was just another girl who didnt has many traits which could leave a deep impression on her. The way Yuuta described her, she was expecting something more but strangely Sayuri was elated that Mio didnt stand by the standards, Sayuri had thought of.

Mio with her ears flushed glanced meekly at Yuuta with her oceanic eyes fluttering. Complication took over her as she responded with a nod to Yuuta.

"I..I don't have a problem with this ...until you both maintain a distance." She lowered her head while muttering under her breath. Yuuta found it utterly adorable that his hand unconsciously got on top of her head as he started rubbing her hair gently.

"Yosh..yosh. My Mio did great." He smiled heartily much to increase Mio's embarrassment as she dug her head deeper inside her sweater to hide as much as she could.  Well, she did love how Yuuta was natural with her even though his 'finacè' was just in front of them.

Suddenly Yuuta felt his phone vibrating before he took it out after letting go of Mio.

"It's from Dad. I will be back in a moment." He stood up as he saw his dad calling him unusually today, before walking out of the cafè. Since the cafè was noisy he thought it would be better to get out first.

Now only Mio and Sayuri were at the table. Mio was still in a daze because Yuuta and Sayuri gawking at her reactions.

"You sure do love him." Sayuri chuckled as she leaned her chin on her fist further down on the table. Her graceful aura took a more relaxed turn as she didn't want to make things awkward for the maiden in front.

"But why did you say...you don't have the right to say anything in the matter? I mean, being his girlfriend don't you find this situation disturbing?" Mio shot up her head before shaking her head left to right.

"I...I am not his girlfriend..yet." She nearly whispered the last word which went unheard by the other party.

"Huh? You guys aren't dating? That's strange. But why? I mean you both are attracted to each other." Sayuri became intrigued by the revelation as she brought up her queries.

Mio sipped on her cola while stealing her glances away, not sure what expression she was making at the moment. She usually finds it awkward to talk about her love life but when the other side was so edged to hear it she also didnt hold back.

"I am just searching for the right moment to confess my love. He already told me what feelings he carries but I am not brave enough to confront him. I know it's coward of me to let him hang on that spot even though I have understood my feelings, but sometimes it's better to let things flow with time." Sayuri raised her brows upon Mio's mature comment on the matter.

"Then what if someone hog on him in the meantime ." Sayuri in the flow of the conversation asked something which she probably would regret afterward.

Mio's eyes narrowed for a second before she countered here with another question.

"Akane-san. Are you interested in Yuu?" Sayuri noticed how her voice took a chilly covering but she didnt back away and took it as a challenge. 

Sayuri wasn't a woman who could take provocation from the front on, but before she could have spoken her pride-filled words Mio continued with her previous statement.

"Think before you answer Akane-san. As I recall your father's happiness is precious to you right? And even though it sounds boasting, I am pretty confident that Yuu wouldn't reject my wish for something." 

Sayuri felt a chill running down her spine as she registered Mio's words. Her face went pale with her previous arrogant aura completely depleting. She gulped hard and stared at Mio in disbelief with her own mind going chaotic.

'That's right...why am I...'

"What happened ?" Suddenly the stupor of the two came to a halt as Yuuta returned to the table while trying to understand the situation.

"Yuuta-kun. Can I go back first? I suddenly remembered something urgent?" While saying she already stood up as she asked in a fluster.

Yuuta was surprised to see Sayuri in such a state but his prior concern was for someone else so he nodded and gave a call to his driver. Sayuri after thanking Mio for her time exited the cafè without waiting for a single moment. 

Yuuta returned his eyes toward the girl who had a distressed expression spread over her face. He didnt speak anything but after paying the bill took Mio out.

He held her hand and slowly to match her pace walked toward a park nearby. The Park was big enough to look almost empty even though there were a fair amount of people inside. He took Mio toward a resting bench before he finally broke the ice.

"Did she say anything to you?" He had a dark frown on his face signifying how troubled his heart was to see Mio like this.

Mio, who somehow regained her composure while she walked up to her, shook her head in denial.

"More like I said something very rude to her. "

Yuuta sighed in relief before he enveloped her frame with his two long arms and embrace her delicately.

"Then you don't have to worry. I will talk it out with her." Mio didnt respond for a long time as suddenly she felt her eyes becoming warm and her heart sinking deep in a certain emotion.

"Yuu." She clutched his shirt as a whisper left her lips.

"Hmm?"

"Would...I look pathetic...if I cry right now... because of my immaturity for not understanding her circumstances?" Yuuta held her in a more rigid grip before he voiced his honest thoughts.

"No, it will not show your immaturity. It will only display that you carry such a spot in your heart for me that finding someone else with me made you troubled. So it's totally fine for you to let it out, Mio." His calming voice and his body warmth were enough to push her off the edge before a large droplet started pouring down her eyes.

She wept silently while hiding herself inside Yuuta and ensuring her mind that he was here. He was with her. He would never leave her whatever happens. He would always love her just like she does. 

Yes, she just needs him. Until he is here she doesn't have to think anything otherwise. She desires him just like he does, and that was all for her to think. 

"Yuu...is it okay for someone like me who still hasn't returned your feelings to be with you?" Yuuta chuckled before he took her hand and intervened their fingers before responding.

"Someone like you...you say. For me, no one besides you can make my heart race like this. Even though you haven't returned my feelings I can wait for how long you want. So just throw away such useless thoughts and smile like you always do. " Mio smiled in his embrace as his warm words made her heart fluffy.

She tilted her head upward and responded with a toothy grin.

"Mm. I will do that."

______________...______________ 

A/N: Mio got pissed...oof!

Next chapter Chihiro vs Sayuri.

Let me know if you are hyped for it.~

98