Chapter 2: Awakening
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

—---Booting—---

..

.

—-----Internal Damage Detected—-------

—----Warning, Logic Processors running at 30% capacity—-----

—----Merge?---------

{Yes}{No}

--------Override Accepted--------

—---Merging Personality subroutine with logic processor—--

 

14%

 

15%

 

67%

 

88%

 

100%

 

—--Merge Completed—--

 

—---Activating Sensory Output—---

 

The machine's faceplate flickered to blue. It looked down and found itself holding a skeleton. A reminder of its failure. The palace has long since crumbled, given way to nature. The machine creaked as it tried to turn its head, rust peeling off and falling like snow. The machine struggled to stand, its joints woefully unused and its legs long fused together with rust.

 

—--Activating Repair Sequence—-

 

The grooves in the machine's carapace-like armor plating flashed a brilliant blue, the rust fusing its arms being completely disintegrated as it forced itself to a standing position. The machine searched around the ruined tower, and found his glaive. Well, at least what's left of it. The steel handle, weakened and embrittled by the elements, was snapped and lying in two. The blade nearly completely decomposed into the soil, and the glorious red ribbon was moth eaten. That was a gift from its creator. 

 

*SNAP*

 

A loud noise erupted from behind the machine, its head whirled around, the rest of its body soon to follow as it prepared for an assault. But, instead of a remaining abomination like it expected, all that was in front of it was a young girl, cowering in terror while staring upon the machines visage.

 

“Ento Zyga!”

 

“Here-”

 

*TZZ*

 

The machine's faceplate immediately flashed a dark crimson before calming into a deep blue. It thought to itself, why should I? It was clear that its master was long gone, and it doubted that the name of Mekhane was still worshipped. Why should it smite a heretic, when they are but a child who doesn't understand the error of worshipping a blasphemer. The girl, meanwhile, fell into the fetal position the moment the machine's faceplate flickered red. She thought to herself (In her native language): Why did I ignore the elders' warnings? Why did I have to explore the forest of the mad king? Why did I let them convince me to come here?

 

 

Hey guys! Sorry about the wait, but I have finals coming up. I think I'm going to try to post every weekend!

0