Chapter 3: First Combat
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The machine hardly took another couple of steps before the girl passed out. The machine cocked its head, wondering if the human body has grown weaker in the last couple of centuries. Off to its left, it heard the sounds of chainmail clinking, and it was coming quickly

-----------------------------------------

 

Henry, an acolyte under the church of Zygia, charged up the hill after the heretic. His long sword drawn, his kite shield discarded, and an angry scowl on his face, he pursued the mongrel. Only a fool would willingly venture into the forest of the mad king, yet here he is, under orders from his religion, chasing a child in order to “cleanse” the earth of a vile religion. He wouldn’t even be here if not for the fact the priest said it was necessary  in order for him to become a full-fledged knight.

 

Henry rounded the bend in the footpath that the girl followed. He saw her. His lips curled into a sneer, he raised his sword, and shouted. “For the glory of Zygia!” However, just as he was about to drive his word downwards and secure his promotion, he saw it. Just to his right, there stood the statue. The mad king, the one that should be cradling a skeleton at the edge of the clearing. It’s normally black faceplate was a deep, angry crimson. The man barely choked out in surprise before his world flipped. He landed upright, on his ass painfully. Henry attempted to roll backwards onto his feet. The only problem was his waist and everything attached to it were being scooped up into the mad king's maw. He shakily looked down and saw, well, nothing. He looked back up and watched the mad king amble closer.

 

—--------------------------------------------

 

After crushing the heretic that was wearing the mark of Zyga, Glutton quickly calmed down. It stared down at its bloodied gauntlets, the blood dripping from its chest compartment, and realised something about his internal programming drastically changed. Instead of grinding the body into a fine paste, making it disappear into mana that he can use to sling spells, the body simply vanished. He cocked his head curiously at that change, and ran an internal diagnostic. He then saw that his arcanum batteries where completely full, a feat that would have taken at least twelve abominations in the past. Glutton greedily snatched up the remaining half of the knight, jamming it into his waiting maw.

 

[Enemy Consumed: Acolyte]

[Processing]

[Exp +500]

[Level Up!]

 

Glutton was confused. It had never seen any of this nonsensical garbage before. The strange boxes appearing in the center of his vision were not part of his programming, nor were they manifestations of overburdened Arcanum surplus. The machine sat down, and decided to ponder this information next to the child he plans to enlighten. He will ensure the girl will come to love Mekhane. Anyone would, after his sacrifice for the greater good of man-kind.

 

Sorry about the late chapter, internet was out yesterday. I decided to go with the standard system set up, because I think it would be more fun to have a real way to show progression. Enjoy!

Whats your opinion on the system set up?
  • I like it! Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not care. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible, get rid of it. Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 0
0